Endako Mines, A Joint Venture of Thompson Creek Mining Ltd. and Sojitz Moly Resources, Inc. is currently recruiting a full-time Geologist.
Endako Mines is a 50,000 tonne per day, open pit molybdenum mine, mill and roaster. Our operation is located 25 km from the Village of Fraser Lake, allowing our employees to commute daily to the mine site from home. Fraser Lake, with an area population of approximately 2000, is situated on the shores of Fraser Lake, near the geographic centre of British Columbia. There are a variety of year-round recreational activities including skiing, golfing, boating, hiking, and many other activities for the outdoor enthusiast.
In addition to this there is a recreation centre that hosts a variety of competitive and non-competitive sports. There are educational facilities from Play School through to Grade 12. There is a medical clinic staffed by four doctors, a nurse practitioner, nurses and technicians.
For more information on our mine, visit us on-line at www.endakomines.com or www.thompsoncreekmetals.com. For more information on our village, visit http://stuartnechako.ca/fraser-lake/.
The successful candidate must have a BSc in geology or B.A.Sc in geological engineering or related discipline and will report to the Chief Engineer. This position requires the successful candidate to re-locate.
Primary duties will include:
- Production pit wall mapping to assist with grade control – geological, geotechnical and sample data collection.
- Oversee blast hole sampling – procedures, standard control and coordination with on site assay lab.
- Assist in assimilation of new data into the block model.
- Implementing industry-standard protocols for quality assurance and quality control (QA/QC) during exploration.
- Supervision of assistants and diamond drillers to ensure Endako’s high standards of quality, safety and environmental awareness are met.
Secondary duties may include:
- Assisting Engineering department with production-related tasks (surveying, grade control, slope monitoring).
- Assist with exploration diamond drill programs.
- Management of special projects.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Eligible for registration as Professional Geologist or Engineer in B.C.
- Experience in all aspects of developing and implementing diamond drilling programs.
- Working knowledge in AutoCAD, MapInfo (with Discover add-on) or MineSight
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Work in a team environment.