Functional Area: Television Visual Effects
Reports To: Executive Producer
Date Prepared: February 13, 2013
Location: Downtown Toronto
Start date: Immediate start. Contract position until the end of May. Possibility of extension
Encore offers creative high-end visual effects & post solutions, specifically tailored to TV producers. With
studios in Hollywood, New York, Toronto and Vancouver, Encore is part of the Deluxe Entertainment Services Group.
summary of position
The Producer is responsible for the successful navigation and delivery of the show. The Producer is an excellent communicator and is responsible for client communication. The Producer can manage a team and can work well under pressure. The Producer is responsible for breaking down scripts and defining assets and using their own creative vision to assist the VFX Supervisor in planning out the show and the shots. The Producer is responsible for drafting and sticking to the budget and managing time and staff accordingly. The Producer is responsible for day to day operations such as scheduling, managing deadlines, tracking artist process and time sheets.
- Managing a team of artists through the visual effects process
- Managing the day to day operations including scheduling, managing budgets, communicating with the management team
- Communicating with the client and meeting their expectations
- Script breakdown. Defining assets and planning shots
- Developing a creative vision to guide the team forward
- Supervising artists and managing their time and workload effectively and productively
- Working alongside the Vancouver studio and managing the time difference
- Working alongside the VFX Supervisor to maintain the quality control of Encore.
requirements & experience
- 5+ years experience as a Producer in a post production environment
- Strong team management and leadership skills
- Ability to manage and deliver to client expectations
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain organization under pressure
- Experience in script breakdown and defining assets
- Thorough understanding of post production/visual effects pipelines and disciplines
- Experience in managing and sticking to a budget
- Experience in managing a team to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently and communicate effectively via phone and email
- Great communicator, ability to communicate effectively to staff
- Excellent time management
- Some knowledge of on-set visual effects procedures would be an asset
Please apply below. Applications are received by Carla.