Enclos Employee Reviews

not a fan
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Chester, VA15 October 2017
bad work / life balance
extreme working conditions
no management to team communication
overworked employees
chaotic day to day activities
stressful environment
Do Not Recommend
Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MN9 October 2017
Very cut throat managers. Actively looked to demean and devalue team members. My manager was laid off and I was directed to report to vice president.

Company had no sympathy for my health conditions.

Human resources was ineffective and not involved.
Pros
None. Sorry
Cons
Old Boy Network. Poorly developed procedures. Weak HR
Great benefits
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Sunset Hills, MO23 July 2017
Enclos provided great benefits to their employees. In addition, they explained what they wanted directly and to the point. The accountants were all very well organized and had their routines. They were a good group of people to work with and the gain knowledge from. I was able to review their payables and decide if the expenses paid had the correct sales or use tax for multiple states. I gained knowledge of many various state Sales and Use Tax Returns.
Quality Control
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Saint George, UT18 July 2017
I have worked with this company for two to three years an have started from the assembly line and worked my way up to become Quality Inspector for this company, I have Installed and replaced gaskets, placed trim to window frames, sealed windows with window sealant, installed glass.
Pros
Learned many things to get the products done before the scheduled times
Cons
Being bored and not having hours on my pay
Be careful of this company
Inventorycontrol /Shipping/Receiving/YardAssociate (Former Employee) –  Chester, VA31 May 2017
The work is easy once you get the formula down of how everything flows. I learned how to use quite a few machines and their functionality, such as over head crane, glass suction device for example. The hardest part of the job is that no one takes responsibility,when something goes wrong it is always a finger getting pointed down the line. Being that I worked in the shipping and receiving department incompetent management made it a very stressful place to work and made daily production difficult, also be prepared to get cursed at like a dog.Beside that I really enjoyed my job...cant have your cake and it too as they say.
Pros
learning new machinery and new programs
Cons
management
Quick paced
Unit Preparer (Current Employee) –  Chester, VA30 May 2017
I enjoy working at enclos I have learned a lot and made many friends the job is stressful because we have a weekly quota and the company is losing alot of good people due to the higher ups I am currently looking for a new job because i want a career at a place where i can advance and i have been a temp at enclos for nine months after being told after working four months then six months then 8 months i would be hired on as a full time employee
Pros
Donuts and my supervisor will buy my section lunch sometimes
Cons
management is never on the floor when we need them and, only they have walkies and can tell us yes or no on certain situations
quality is very important to them..
Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Halethorpe, MD24 March 2017
love to come to work every day and love what i do,.take pride on whatever task is for me every day . quality and time very important to me.to meet my goals..
Fast Paced
Payroll Administrator/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chester, VA19 February 2017
A typical work day at is ensuring that payroll is entered and accurate.
The most enjoyable past of my job is being able to help employees with what I can.
fun job to work in.
Journeyman Glazier (Former Employee) –  San Diego Court House.1 February 2017
Dixieline lumaber gave me opportunitys to widen my work experience. I did three different jobs with the company. The management were caring and helpful.
Pros
Great schedule to work.
Cons
Got laid off.
Flexible work schedule
Project Designer (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN1 February 2017
Due to a Separation Agreement as a result of layoff, I will decline commenting.

Curtainwall
Panels
Storefront
Stone

See resume for further information.
Productive work place the final product was amazing
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VA18 January 2017
An average day greeted guest, make sure conference room all equipment for visitors. Answered the incoming calls. Copied blue prints for profjectr. Ran weekly/daily reports. Keep employees time. I learned to use various spread sheets to escalate daily work activities. Kept management abreast of currant activities of the office. I loved working with the employees as to they were not accustomed to having an open door policy to the front office. The hardest part of the job was printing labels for projects as to the print machine was not user friendly.
Pros
Learning curve
Cons
not long term employment
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NY15 December 2016
This is a good company to work for. They have a strong foundation and support staff who are there to assist with any questions or problems you might come across.
Extremely Negative Work Environment!
Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  Chester, VA27 November 2016
Not every job is going to be completely blissful, some more than others I suppose. However, this was one of the worst companies I have ever worked for in my experience as a forklift driver. Very poorly maintained equipment almost cost me my life here. Constantly leaking hydraulic fluid and almost never performed routine maintenance on any of their overhead cranes or shop equipment. Working here almost felt like being in the stone ages. Outdated assembly procedures and poorly trained employees only made for an unsafe environment. Management has ZERO respect for anyone or each other for that matter. Employees I've worked with seem to hate their jobs. No one communicates and everyone here just has such a negative attitude. Tractor trailer drivers have hit other parked cars in the parking lot because the space is so tight and clustered all around. I was very dissatisfied with the amount of respect the supervisors had for their groups. Everyday someone is finger pointing instead of giving someone a chance to correct a mistake. I had no choice but to quit and since have found a much better job that requires much less sweat, stress, and headache.
Pros
any check beats no check, benefits are generous because you'll need them to work here
Cons
Depressing, racism, bigotry, negative employees, lack of respect for anyone, poorly maintained equipment, dollars not well spent
Growing Company
Eastern Region Purchasing Agen (Former Employee) –  Chester, VA20 November 2016
I loved my job with this company. Never a dull moment. The only reason I am not employed with this company now is because I relocated. They are growing and sure there are growing pains but they are making strides to make it a painless as possible. All things considered, it is a good position to be in with a company.
Pros
Never bored
Cons
Work-life balance
Poor excuse of a company
WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Chester, VA21 September 2016
I could not be any more disgusted with the management. They hold you back just so that they don't look bad. The pay is not worth the headache. Confusion and lack of communication between all departments. The blame always falls back on the Hard working employees that can only follow what the mangers tell you to do. I had to quit, NOT because of how much work but because no matter how hard one works ( not just myself) they want you to continue picking up the slack of the management. They need to clean up shop
Pros
get paid every week
Cons
pay is not worth the headache
Line Lead Foreman (Current Employee) –  Chester, VA21 September 2016
I like the company, a lot of changes has happened over the past few weeks. It was to a point a lot of people worried about there jobs. Rumors of a lot of people was getting fired or laid off. Difficult to work in that kind of an environment.
Pros
It had its good days i love training others.
Cons
DIfficult to work when you have to worry about my job.
Management lacks respect for ANY of its enployees!
Curtainwall Assembler (Current Employee) –  Chester, VA23 August 2016
Managenent...especially warehouse supervisors are well known for demeaning the employees. Very unorganized. Will tell you to complete one task and return to pull you from that and place you anywhere they can find some other meaningless task to accomplish. No advancement. No motivation. Warehouse temperatures are above 90 degrees in the summer with no air circulation. Employees are very unsatisfied with their jobs. Overall just a very negative atmosphere! Apply at your own risk!
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Very negative supervisor/employee relationship. No respect either direction.
Very Unorganized Work Environment!
Yard Associate (Current Employee) –  Chester, VA7 July 2016
Have worked here for nearly 6 months. Haven't been given the chance to train in other areas of the warehouse, assigned more meaningful tasks receive any opportunities to advance myself here. Operating the equipment here is a "Do as you're told" task. No one here shows you the correct way to do anything so pack your patience. When your work is criticised by someone here it's about finger pointing instead of demonstrating the proper way to complete your task and making your job duties "clear". Many safety hazards at the Chester location and poor management. No feedback whatsoever. Pay is minimal at best for anyone who doesn't fit into their budget. You take what you can get. Although I have heard that the best way to establish a fair wage is to negotiate your pay at the interview. Many dishonest employees in upper management and supervisory positions who have been fired for stealing company property. You are all on your own here. So apply at your own risk. I am determined to find a better position elsewhere that will pay me fairly and allow me to gain "real" experience.
Pros
Benefits are appealing to those who need them.
Cons
Work environment is stressful and very unorganized for the pay.
Not the best company
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  California25 April 2016
I worked in the West Region ( California)

First you need to be a white republican to feel comfortable working with these folks , organization is the worst.

Management crew VP's are like mafia they have been there for 30+ years so there's no accountability on then , all the new employees are used as escape goats , the turnover on new employees is the worst in the industry, they lost millions in the NYC area and the boat is sinking it was a waste of my time
Fun place to work, sometimes
Manufacturer/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VA21 April 2016
It was a fun place to work until they started getting tax breaks to hire "refuges" and gave them precedent over those of us who had been there for a while.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Enclos. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6