Encana Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Student Production Engineer
Production Engineer (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 26, 2016
Excellent exposure to the oil and gas industry with great training for students. A very good work-life balance company.
Good company to work for with great support in all aspects
Contract Inspector (Former Employee), Dawson Creek, BCJanuary 7, 2016
My daily routine consisted of working with the Facility engineers in all aspects of the projects.
- AFE creation
- Assisted in creation of contracts and evaluated them
- Worked with Facility Engineers during pre planning phase to pick the best routes and dealt with Landowners as I scouted the project.
- Worked with the EPC companies to be certain they were providing accurate drawings as per Encana specifications.
- I sourced and ordered all materials for the projects after obtaining quotes and comparing costs and delivery times.
- During construction I supported the inspection team to be certain all Encana requirements were being met.
While working with Encana I was able to learn the up front work that was involved on pipeline projects as well as facility projects .
The 5 years I worked for Encana allowed me to have the opportunity to work both in the field as well as in the office. This was a great mix for me and I enjoyed the experience .
Corporate Culture Change
it support (Former Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 10, 2015
When first employed by Encana, it was a vibrant, fun, and technologically relevant place to work. Since upper management changes, and a change in CEO, the culture has changed dramatically. Trying to get and keep quality people has become a challenge. IBM has become entrenched and service and support have drastically decreased as a result.
Good Company
Fracturing Consultant (Current Employee), AlbertaOctober 7, 2015
Not enough work and inconsistent with time on and time off. Good company to work for. Treat people good. Communication needs unproved.
Great company to work for
Production Operator (Former Employee), Grande Prairie, ABOctober 4, 2015
worked as a production operater. Checking wells and making sure everything stayed running. started up wells. worked with plunger lifts.
Prior to the amalgamation of EnCana and AEC, EnCana was a positive, proactive company with a lot of opportunities available to the employees.
Forensic Accountant (Former Employee), Calgary, Ab.September 10, 2015
Pros: Company providd a lot of opportunities to learn new skills
Cons: Too many layers of management
In my last position at EnCana, I worked with a small group (7 people) in what was basically a new department set up to research the PanCanadian Heritage Royalties and verify that these royalties were being paid correctly and in a timely manner.

This department was newly created, as were the positions within it, so it was very exciting - a programmer created a program that linked the PCP leases and accounting information with various outside information programs (pipeline, online production data, etc.) from there, as I was the PA of the group, my responsibilities included reviewing volumetric, pricing and payment timeliness by vendor. Dependant on the outcome of the property review, decisions would be made. For example, gas pricing was very high at that time, so the decision was usually to take-in-kind and market the gas within EnCana's own marketing department.

In our first year, this group recovered well over $40 million dollars in unpaid, incorrectly paid or by changing the marketing arrangements to EnCana's marketing their own product.

It was a very rewarding experience, and with us being such a small group, we had a lot of fun but were able to get a lot done. We also had a good manager and a diverse group, so there was no competition or power tripping.
Upper Management recognized our achievements and rewarded us accordingly.

It was a very enjoyable part of my time spent at EnCana.
Excellent organization that is fair to its staff
IT Director, Enterprise Information Management (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 3, 2015
Fast paced and ever changing, providing a dynamic learning environment with great personal reward. A great place to work for those who seek work/ life balance.
Well compensated
Joint Venture Accountant (Former Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Good pay
Cons: Lack of recognition
Limited room for advancement. I didn't think my work was respected or appreciated despite taking on more and more responsibilities.
Great Company - Great People
EHS Advisor (Former Employee), CalgaryAugust 4, 2015
I loved working at EnCana, and believed I had found my dream role - a blend of Supply Chain and EHS functions to create a robust relationship with our contractors.
professional and rewarding Environment
Consultant - Oil Sand (Former Employee), cold Lake,ABJune 3, 2015
 Designed machine, systems and controls.
 Maintained the site of Foster Creek.
 Patent a drive for Cold lake air weapons range.
 Take down and transport equipment.
 Handling materials
 Worked closely with Expert solutions team leaders.
 Provided leadership in the areas of construction safety and environmental practices.
 Directed the work of team including; engineers, external consultants, field staff and contractors as required.
Only with company a short period
Production Operator (Former Employee), BrooksSeptember 26, 2014
Good company to work for,great benefits,shift work,some overtime,worked with good people
Great group of guys, great culture.
Safety Advisor (Former Employee), DuvernayAugust 21, 2014
I feel I was very fortunate to have had the chance to work with such a great group of people. Consultants and field personal alike, all on board concerning the safety of everyone. It was a great culture to be part of.
good place to work
Production Accountant (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 8, 2014
disadvantage of working for an oil company is the uncertainty of the markets
No place for advancement
Wellsite supervisor/Operation/Optimization (Former Employee), Clearwater BUJune 17, 2014
Pros: good benifits and salary
Cons: would rather not
I have worked for EnCana for 9 years and have been promised new roles and advancement with time but has never happened and I feel like there is no future in this company as it is slowed right down
Great Company Culture and fun place to work
Application Support Analyst (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 16, 2014
Pros: first and third friday's off
Great People and Fun Place to work
Located in one of the tallest and new landmark Bow building
Worked here as a Temp
Data Entry Clerk - Temporary (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 8, 2014
As a temporary assignment I really enjoyed my time with Encana. The managers very very approachable and helpful. My days would consist of creating database records and verifying well pad specs.
Horrible management
Plant operator (Former Employee), Red deer, AlbertaMarch 21, 2014
Cons: poor management and no communication
Management has no backbone and your just a number at this large company. Lack of communication from management is very frustrating. Lots of change and typically for the worst.
What an experience
IT Web Architect (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: communication
Cons: renumeration
I participated in the split. They worked me to death with long hours and many challenges and never skipped a beat. Management was well organized and communicated everything like champions. Superior leads and managers.

Great corporate family. A model of resilience. The management had all contractors working ourselves out of a job and we all loved every minute of it.
This was a very long time ago
Mineral Land Administration Consultant (Former Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 28, 2013
Pros: free encana coat, fun company events like fun poker tournaments, town hall meetings
Cons: only 6 month project
I was on a 6 month clean up project, from what I can remember they were a really company to work for. Even though I was consulting I was still treated by the Management and other co-workers as a team member.
Enjoyable place to work
Plant Operator (Current Employee), Grande Cache, ABMay 5, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: isolated
Learned plant processes along side a great group of co-workers.
Industry