Encana Employee Reviews in Canada

Growth driven and supportive
Engineering Technologist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 6, 2016
Encana offered a wide range of career advancement opportunities and was very driven on helping their employees reach their career goals. Daily work was interactive, positively challenging and interesting. The workplace environment was driven, focused, and supportive. The hardest part of the job was...I can't think of a hard part. And the most enjoyable part was feeling satisfied and accomplished after each completed project!
Pros
Excellent benefits
A great company that offers so much
Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 6, 2016
Learned so much and made some great friendships in the past 3 and a half years. The BOW is a beautiful building to work in.
I worked in two different groups for the same VP. Encana was the biggest company I have ever worked for and it was an adjustment after coming from a company of about 100 people.
Pros
2 Fridays off per month
Cons
Company has to downsize by 20% because of low commodity prices
Productive and happy people
eInvoicing Onboarding Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 11, 2016
I was surrounded by an intelligent and hardworking team that got along well inside and outside the office. I learned about data integrity, internal and external user support for the cloud based invoicing platform that keeps Encana running like a well oiled machine.
Pros
Work and family life balance
Cons
Layoffs
Corporate Culture Change
it support (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 10, 2015
When first employed by Encana, it was a vibrant, fun, and technologically relevant place to work. Since upper management changes, and a change in CEO, the culture has changed dramatically. Trying to get and keep quality people has become a challenge. IBM has become entrenched and service and support have drastically decreased as a result.
Good company to work for with great support in all aspects
Contract Inspector (Former Employee) –  Dawson Creek, BCJanuary 7, 2016
My daily routine consisted of working with the Facility engineers in all aspects of the projects.
- AFE creation
- Assisted in creation of contracts and evaluated them
- Worked with Facility Engineers during pre planning phase to pick the best routes and dealt with Landowners as I scouted the project.
- Worked with the EPC companies to be certain they were providing accurate drawings as per Encana specifications.
- I sourced and ordered all materials for the projects after obtaining quotes and comparing costs and delivery times.
- During construction I supported the inspection team to be certain all Encana requirements were being met.
While working with Encana I was able to learn the up front work that was involved on pipeline projects as well as facility projects .
The 5 years I worked for Encana allowed me to have the opportunity to work both in the field as well as in the office. This was a great mix for me and I enjoyed the experience .
Student Production Engineer
Production Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 26, 2016
Excellent exposure to the oil and gas industry with great training for students. A very good work-life balance company.
Excellent organization that is fair to its staff
IT Director, Enterprise Information Management (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 3, 2015
Fast paced and ever changing, providing a dynamic learning environment with great personal reward. A great place to work for those who seek work/ life balance.
professional and rewarding Environment
Consultant - Oil Sand (Former Employee) –  cold Lake,ABJune 3, 2015
 Designed machine, systems and controls.
 Maintained the site of Foster Creek.
 Patent a drive for Cold lake air weapons range.
 Take down and transport equipment.
 Handling materials
 Worked closely with Expert solutions team leaders.
 Provided leadership in the areas of construction safety and environmental practices.
 Directed the work of team including; engineers, external consultants, field staff and contractors as required.
Great company to work for
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABOctober 4, 2015
worked as a production operater. Checking wells and making sure everything stayed running. started up wells. worked with plunger lifts.
Good Company
Fracturing Consultant (Current Employee) –  AlbertaOctober 7, 2015
Not enough work and inconsistent with time on and time off. Good company to work for. Treat people good. Communication needs unproved.
Well compensated
Joint Venture Accountant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 26, 2015
Limited room for advancement. I didn't think my work was respected or appreciated despite taking on more and more responsibilities.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Lack of recognition
Great Company - Great People
EHS Advisor (Former Employee) –  CalgaryAugust 4, 2015
I loved working at EnCana, and believed I had found my dream role - a blend of Supply Chain and EHS functions to create a robust relationship with our contractors.
What an experience
IT Web Architect (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 28, 2014
I participated in the split. They worked me to death with long hours and many challenges and never skipped a beat. Management was well organized and communicated everything like champions. Superior leads and managers.

Great corporate family. A model of resilience. The management had all contractors working ourselves out of a job and we all loved every minute of it.
Pros
communication
Cons
renumeration
This was a very long time ago
Mineral Land Administration Consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 28, 2013
I was on a 6 month clean up project, from what I can remember they were a really company to work for. Even though I was consulting I was still treated by the Management and other co-workers as a team member.
Pros
free encana coat, fun company events like fun poker tournaments, town hall meetings
Cons
only 6 month project
Enjoyed learning new software, had a good rapour with the clients and people
Archives Analyst Service Provider (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 25, 2013
typically I'd check the incoming list for requests, process them, catalogue, shelve, update data sheets in Live Link or other data bases, used EOS to check in and out materials.
Pros
learnt new things
Cons
did not manage others but did prioritize my own work
No place for advancement
Wellsite supervisor/Operation/Optimization (Former Employee) –  Clearwater BUJune 17, 2014
I have worked for EnCana for 9 years and have been promised new roles and advancement with time but has never happened and I feel like there is no future in this company as it is slowed right down
Pros
good benifits and salary
Cons
would rather not
Great group of guys, great culture.
Safety Advisor (Former Employee) –  DuvernayAugust 21, 2014
I feel I was very fortunate to have had the chance to work with such a great group of people. Consultants and field personal alike, all on board concerning the safety of everyone. It was a great culture to be part of.
Tense and work bully by supervision
Planner/Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Cold Lake, ABJuly 13, 2012
The workplace was filled with tension at all times. Supervisor bullying took place all the time. When people left the supervisors would phone other companies not to hire the individual.
Pros
nothing good
Cons
very bad bully workplace
Horrible management
Plant operator (Former Employee) –  Red deer, AlbertaMarch 21, 2014
Management has no backbone and your just a number at this large company. Lack of communication from management is very frustrating. Lots of change and typically for the worst.
Cons
poor management and no communication
Worked here as a Temp
Data Entry Clerk - Temporary (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 8, 2014
As a temporary assignment I really enjoyed my time with Encana. The managers very very approachable and helpful. My days would consist of creating database records and verifying well pad specs.