Encana

Encana Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
No place for advancement
Wellsite supervisor/Operation/Optimization (Former Employee), Clearwater BUJune 17, 2014
Pros: good benifits and salary
Cons: would rather not
I have worked for EnCana for 9 years and have been promised new roles and advancement with time but has never happened and I feel like there is no future in this company as it is slowed right down
Great Company Culture and fun place to work
Application Support Analyst (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 16, 2014
Pros: first and third friday's off
Great People and Fun Place to work
Located in one of the tallest and new landmark Bow building
Worked here as a Temp
Data Entry Clerk - Temporary (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 8, 2014
As a temporary assignment I really enjoyed my time with Encana. The managers very very approachable and helpful. My days would consist of creating database records and verifying well pad specs.
Best place I ever worked
Windows 7 Deployment/Analyst (Former Employee), calgaryMay 8, 2014
Best place I ever worked...................................
Horrible management
Plant operator (Former Employee), Red deer, AlbertaMarch 21, 2014
Cons: poor management and no communication
Management has no backbone and your just a number at this large company. Lack of communication from management is very frustrating. Lots of change and typically for the worst.
What an experience
IT Web Architect (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: communication
Cons: renumeration
I participated in the split. They worked me to death with long hours and many challenges and never skipped a beat. Management was well organized and communicated everything like champions. Superior leads and managers.

Great corporate family. A model of resilience. The management had all contractors working ourselves out of a job and we all loved every – more... minute of it. – less
This was a very long time ago
Mineral Land Administration Consultant (Former Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 28, 2013
Pros: free encana coat, fun company events like fun poker tournaments, town hall meetings
Cons: only 6 month project
I was on a 6 month clean up project, from what I can remember they were a really company to work for. Even though I was consulting I was still treated by the Management and other co-workers as a team member.
Quiet office
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 22, 2013
Pros: fun christmas parties with special guests
Cons: contract position with no opportunity to become staff
I provided administrative support for the IT Department. It was just a contract position.

I looked after ordering computer software applications for new employees.
Enjoyable place to work
Plant Operator (Current Employee), Grande Cache, ABMay 5, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: isolated
Learned plant processes along side a great group of co-workers.
inspection; project management overview and organizational skills
Consultant/Inspector/Purchaser/Expeditor (Former Employee), Dawson Creek B.C/AlbertaApril 13, 2013
Pros: treat people the way you would like to be treated with respect and professionalisum, safe and due dilligence kept in mind at all times
Cons: incidents/accidents (report asap to the appropriate personal)
meet with contractor on site
ensure all tickets that are required are on hand
ensure if medic is required that medic is on site
daily tail gate meeting
hazard assessment meeting and discussion
coordinate with sub contractors
ensure all materials are in place
ensure all (daily reports filled out in am before anything begins)
continue to monitor and communicate – more... with contractor and sub contractors
ensure daily activities for the day have not changed and if so then a hazard assessment has to be done
permits on going, with sub contractors and third parties involved are covered and have had tail gate meetings
continue to organize through out the whole project, plan for the next day and discuss any issues with personal and contractors involved
daily reporting (engineering/coordinator)
signing off on invoices daily/coding and entering in required systems
continue with safety
ensure that budget and cost effectiveness is on time and if not explain in detail (why not)
driving safe to and from job site – less
Enjoyed learning new software, had a good rapour with the clients and people
Archives Analyst Service Provider (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 25, 2013
Pros: learnt new things
Cons: did not manage others but did prioritize my own work
typically I'd check the incoming list for requests, process them, catalogue, shelve, update data sheets in Live Link or other data bases, used EOS to check in and out materials.
Tense and work bully by supervision
Planner/Scheduler (Former Employee), Cold Lake, ABJuly 13, 2012
Pros: nothing good
Cons: very bad bully workplace
The workplace was filled with tension at all times. Supervisor bullying took place all the time. When people left the supervisors would phone other companies not to hire the individual.
Flexible, friendly and productive work place.
Earth Sciences Application Steward (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJune 9, 2012
Encana has a flexible work environment that does not compromise discipline and professionalism. Value driven organization where productivity is held high by all.
Fun place to work
Assembly Worker (Former Employee), Calgary AlbertaApril 2, 2012
Pros: lots of friendly co-worker
very busy company, lot of people working for Encana, it is also a very place to work.
Encana was a great place to work
Lease Operator (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJune 29, 2014
This working environment was ideal. Supervisors and Foremans were excellent. The working atmosphere was relaxed and a dependable salary.
Exectional Benefits.
Operator II (Former Employee), Ridge, TXJune 26, 2014
Pros: sleeping in my bed most every night.
10 hours normally doing site inspections making minor repairs.
how to recognize failures in surface equipment and make repairs. also to plan major repairs and coordinate contractors with proper equipment to make repairs such as forklifts, backhoes, and personnel. Management was very supportive of us being our own boss. You could plan your own work. – more... Co-workers helped each other according to abilities. We had a great team. Hardest part of the job was planning where to eat lunch. Most enjoyable part of the job was our team. – less
No job security, no work/life balance, corrupt management
Admin Assistant (Current Employee), Denver, COFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: good benefits, every other friday off
Cons: no work/life balance, management corrupt, unstable company
Company only loyal to its management, everyone else is just a number and treated as such. Benefits are good but what good is vacation time when you are constantly contacted while on vacation about work stuff? Work/Life balance doesn't exist. Jobs cut of people who were busting their rears to do right by the company while other people who just came to – more... work to collect a paycheck and to socialize were kept. Potential employees, BEWARE. – less
Progressive Company with work/life balance
Travel Coordinator (Former Employee), Denver, COFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: every other friday off
Cons: oil and gas prices change frequently
Encana is a company that is growing. With a new management team, there is nowhere to go but up.
It was a good company to work for mostly
Geologist (Former Employee), Plano, TXJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: great benefits: up to 8 weeks vacation, 9/80 work schedule, good pay
Cons: office politics, promotions go to the favorites, lots of overtime in some disciplines, may not be a stable company in the long term
I worked at EnCana for a number of years and it was a really great place to get experience. The benefits are out of this world better than any company out there (9/80 schedule plus up to 8 weeks vacation; good pay). There are lots of great folks to work with brilliant minds.

Unfortunately, corruption spread throughout the company with bad decision – more... making that ultimately cost people their jobs. Being all natural gas will not allow a company to survive the long term. There are a lot of office politics and it is hard for many folks to get ahead unless you are a favorite.

Maybe with the new organization things will turn around for the better. I do hope so for the folks who stayed the course there. – less
Good people in the company, but management is dis-jointed and short sighted
Drilling Advisor, Fluids and Waste (Former Employee), Plano, TXJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: lack of corporate vision
Good people in the company, but management is dis-jointed and short sighted

About Encana

Encana Corporation is one of North America's largest natural gas producers, with about 95 percent of its production being natural – Read more