Encana Employee Reviews

Good company with great culture and people
Engineer/Eng Technologist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 October 2016
I had worked for Encana for over 8 years since the end of 2007. This is the first and also only one company I worked for after I came to Canada in 2005. My co-works and leads are all very professional and friendly, I got a lots of training and learning opportunities to develop my technical and personal skills. I would like to work for Encana again if possible.
Pros
Great company culture and people
Cons
job secure not very stable resent 2 years.
Good pay, great benefits, loved the 1st and 3rd Fridays off and vacation time allowed
Surface Land Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 September 2016
I loved the benefits and the vacation time, but opportunity for advancement was lacking. In my opinion some middle management roles were filled by under qualified people and favoritism was obvious. Enjoyed that I wasn't micro-managed and the relaxed atmosphere.
Pros
lots of free breakfasts, lunches, snacks. great benefits
Cons
little advancement opportunity
Great place to work, advance and above average pay scale.
Contract Safety Advisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 November 2016
Great place to work and / or contract HSE services.
Management is very good to work with and supports on-going education.
Safety culture is well established.
Unfortunately very little work at this time.
Pros
Very good management support and excellent wages.
Cons
Very little work at this time.
Encana Superintendent
Completions Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 October 2016
Calling the wellsite supervisors, engineers, and completions management.

Completing the programs that are provided from engineering group to complete the tasks needed in the field.

Dealing with the different groups involved in the completions activity (development, engineering, production, and HSE)

Learned how to manage and prioritize daily tasks. Up to 8 wells per day to be completed meant a lot of activity in a short period of time.

Management was very task oriented while trying to maintain a safe work record in the field.

Co-workers were great for the most part. Always ready to help.

Time management and dealing with none work related issues were the most difficult parts of the job.

The job was very satisfying when you could see the projects through to completion in a safe manner.
Pros
Every other Friday off., great work atmosphere.
Cons
Unstable industry.
flexible hours were accepted
Cabin Gas Plant, Project Administration (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 July 2016
Couldn't work there unless I was hired through a consulting company, I was a number in the office, everyone worked, not really any team building, didn't feel like a work family
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
I felt like a number in the office, didn't feel like it was a team environment
Spacious offices and staff lounge
Information Management Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 November 2016
Excellent team environment
Strong leadership
Fast paced work environment
High volumes of work
Competitive
Technology
Pros
Spacious offices and staff lounge
Productive workplace and worked with a great group of people
Land Negotiator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 November 2016
Was able to learn about negotiating oil and gas agreements
Enjoyed working with different groups - legal, geological, engineering, admin staff
Lead Trades Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Alberta30 August 2016
Great place to work, going through some growing pains but you would be hard pressed to find a better group of people. I wish all that remain all the best!
Pros
People
Cons
Long term sales plans
Growth driven and supportive
Engineering Technologist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 April 2016
Encana offered a wide range of career advancement opportunities and was very driven on helping their employees reach their career goals. Daily work was interactive, positively challenging and interesting. The workplace environment was driven, focused, and supportive. The hardest part of the job was...I can't think of a hard part. And the most enjoyable part was feeling satisfied and accomplished after each completed project!
Pros
Excellent benefits
A great company that offers so much
Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 March 2016
Learned so much and made some great friendships in the past 3 and a half years. The BOW is a beautiful building to work in.
I worked in two different groups for the same VP. Encana was the biggest company I have ever worked for and it was an adjustment after coming from a company of about 100 people.
Pros
2 Fridays off per month
Cons
Company has to downsize by 20% because of low commodity prices
Good Company
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Calgary3 August 2016
I worked at the company prior to its split to CVE and ECA in November 2009. Pre split I really enjoyed working there and I felt I worked with high caliber people.
Productive and happy people
eInvoicing Onboarding Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 March 2016
I was surrounded by an intelligent and hardworking team that got along well inside and outside the office. I learned about data integrity, internal and external user support for the cloud based invoicing platform that keeps Encana running like a well oiled machine.
Pros
Work and family life balance
Cons
Layoffs
Corporate Culture Change
it support (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 December 2015
When first employed by Encana, it was a vibrant, fun, and technologically relevant place to work. Since upper management changes, and a change in CEO, the culture has changed dramatically. Trying to get and keep quality people has become a challenge. IBM has become entrenched and service and support have drastically decreased as a result.
Good company to work for with great support in all aspects
Contract Inspector (Former Employee) –  Dawson Creek, BC7 January 2016
My daily routine consisted of working with the Facility engineers in all aspects of the projects.
- AFE creation
- Assisted in creation of contracts and evaluated them
- Worked with Facility Engineers during pre planning phase to pick the best routes and dealt with Landowners as I scouted the project.
- Worked with the EPC companies to be certain they were providing accurate drawings as per Encana specifications.
- I sourced and ordered all materials for the projects after obtaining quotes and comparing costs and delivery times.
- During construction I supported the inspection team to be certain all Encana requirements were being met.
While working with Encana I was able to learn the up front work that was involved on pipeline projects as well as facility projects .
The 5 years I worked for Encana allowed me to have the opportunity to work both in the field as well as in the office. This was a great mix for me and I enjoyed the experience .
Student Production Engineer
Production Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 January 2016
Excellent exposure to the oil and gas industry with great training for students. A very good work-life balance company.
professional and rewarding Environment
Consultant - Oil Sand (Former Employee) –  cold Lake,AB3 June 2015
 Designed machine, systems and controls.
 Maintained the site of Foster Creek.
 Patent a drive for Cold lake air weapons range.
 Take down and transport equipment.
 Handling materials
 Worked closely with Expert solutions team leaders.
 Provided leadership in the areas of construction safety and environmental practices.
 Directed the work of team including; engineers, external consultants, field staff and contractors as required.
Excellent organization that is fair to its staff
IT Director, Enterprise Information Management (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 September 2015
Fast paced and ever changing, providing a dynamic learning environment with great personal reward. A great place to work for those who seek work/ life balance.
Great company to work for
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB4 October 2015
worked as a production operater. Checking wells and making sure everything stayed running. started up wells. worked with plunger lifts.
Good Company
Fracturing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Alberta7 October 2015
Not enough work and inconsistent with time on and time off. Good company to work for. Treat people good. Communication needs unproved.
Well compensated
Joint Venture Accountant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 August 2015
Limited room for advancement. I didn't think my work was respected or appreciated despite taking on more and more responsibilities.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Lack of recognition