Enbridge Employee Reviews

Senior Technical Analyst (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 May 2017
Excellent safety record, Good work life balance, lots of opportunities to learn and grow in certain divisions of the company. Great people to work with.
It was good, not so much any more
Field Controls Analyst (Current Employee) –  Alberta8 May 2017
Company now focuses more on shareholders and stock price rather than doing the job properly.

New direction means people will be over worked and not compensated.

Lots of cut backs still happening. Field workers make the same as the office.
Ruthless company that cut thousands of Spectra employees
Maintenance Planner (Former Employee) –  Taylor, BC3 May 2017
Enbridge cut my turnaround work scope by 25% and terminated me on lack of work.
Working with Spectra employees was very enjoyable experience. Get people to work and get along with.
From Director to Maintenance Planners all are very helpful.
Pros
Cons
Cutting Spectra employees to the bone
Productive and organized workplace
Representative of Enbridge gas (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 April 2017
management- great team, very organized, kept all workers on task and very charismatic

the hardest part of the job was sitting in the same area for a long period of time

the most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with positive customers and helping them out with any concerns and or questions they may have had
Pros
great team to work with
Good People - Poor Management
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 April 2017
The people executing the work at Enbridge are generally a fantastic group. Unfortunately the torment of the past 2 years with consistent and substantial lay-offs has greatly affected the staff.

Waiting for the "axe" to fall every couple of months has been incredibly detrimental to the overall moral and well-being of the organization. Where once you had people who strived every day to protect and promote Enbridge, now there are people who sit low at their desk, hoping no one notices them.

Where once you had staff going above and beyond, and making people take notice. Now those same people are underachieving, falling ill, and just not caring about the organization or it's clients anymore.

Truly a sad thing to watch happen, and I am grateful every single day that I am no longer in such a toxic environment, though feel for my former colleagues who are still waiting, and wondering if they are next.

Hopefully Enbridge has learned from their mistakes, and will not go on mass hiring sprees in order to support what few projects they have, only to have to swing the proverbial axe again.

I did enjoy my time with Enbridge, more because of the people that made Enbridge's accomplishments possible. To those same people, I wish you nothing but happiness and success, and truly hope that those making the decisions, value your contribution.
Pros
The people, the pay, the benefits
Cons
Continual job uncertainty, lack of upper level management's involvement
Fantastic Environments
Space & Facilities Planner/Consulting Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 April 2017
Great organization, great people and fantastic projects to work on. Many departments to make a difference, wonderful community organization. Best management and team leaders to work with.
Rewarding place to work
Offsite Fabrication Coordinator/Inspector (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 April 2017
Overall a great company to work for. Very much enjoyed my time with them and wished I was able to stay with them and move up and make a life time career with them.
Pros
Able to take pride in my job
Cons
Very influenced by the market
Overall a great place to work
Offsite Fabrication Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 April 2017
This company was a fantastic company to work for. I would recommend this company to any one. They have great rates, great schedules, and there are lots to learn in this industry.
Pros
All the small perks and allowances
Cons
It is in the construction industry and therefor all projects must come to an end.
Rewarding work environment
Work Management Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 April 2017
I had a 4 month contract with Enbridge Gas Distribution. I met many great people during my time there and learned many new things about the company on a daily basis. I will not hesitate to continue to apply for jobs at Enbridge Gas Dist.
Company is going thru a lot of reorganization
Senior Enterprise Service Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 April 2017
Company is going thru a lot of reorganization

Enbridge is suffering the problems of trying to combine multiple separate entities into a single functional whole. Its a difficult task and will require years to complete
Busy work schedule
Process Safety Engineer (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NB1 April 2017
Weekly team meetings and adhoc meetings depending upon the season of the year. It has a flat management culture and an open door policy. I learn new things every day and there are lot of training opportunities
Pros
friendly work environment
Cons
challenging task and it gives opportunity to learn new things
A day at Enbridge.
Lead hand Gas Technician/heavy equipment operator (Current Employee) –  tornto27 March 2017
Excellent atmosphere. Secure. Safety is number one priority. We work hard but we work safe. We excavate and install new gas mains. We work with heavy equipment and our awareness for all potentials dangers/hazards is at its highest at all times.
Some great managers, and wonderful co-workers
Quality Lead Auditor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 March 2017
Enbridge was a positive place to work, and they invested in common sense quality processes. Was involved in some very cutting edge vendor qualification processes, that are still ahead of many oil and gas owners today.
Long hours but fullfilling work
Project Controls Analyst (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 March 2017
Excellent work environment and accounting management structure. The work was to provide Project Controls analysis for US Integrity Dig Program. Monitoring man-hours and cost progress to establish trends and to assist in forecasting future financial commitments and liabilities as well as reviewing of cost and schedule performance baselines; indirect & direct costs for cost monitoring; support the development of project spend profiles for cost tracking purposes.
Learned about the business through vast experiences of employees who were very willing to share
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 March 2017
A company at the end of the day, looking out for the safety of those they service. Safety priority is key and the main objective of all working there.
Enbridge summary
Gas Technician (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 March 2017
A typical day at work is usually a normal day not expecting anything out of the way to happen but something always does. You learn to deal with these situations and learn from it. The hardest part of the job is to deal with a difficult situation and try find new ways to cope with it. I enjoy driving places for new jobs.
Pros
Cons
no benefits
Excellent Company with exceptional employees
Admin III (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 March 2017
In my opinion, Enbridge has been an excellent company with very good management and employee interaction. Managers and Supervisors are approachable and accommodating. It has been a great pleasure to be an employee of this company.
Pros
Excellent Management
Cons
Some Remote Locations
Desktop Services (Former Employee) –  Calgary15 March 2017
Left because I was looking for more challenge and I wasn't getting that at Enbridge so I moved abroad in search of challenge.
Good place to work.
Experience
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 February 2017
It has been a great work experience. I was able to learn not only from a technical standpoint but also received managerial experience while attending to various different projects.
pipeline project planning
Data collection field specialist (Former Employee) –  British Columbia23 February 2017
large complex project with many components, however over compartmentalized and many opportunities for economic data collection and stake holder liaison missed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Enbridge. Our community is ready to answer.