Enbridge Employee Reviews in Canada

Great Place To work
Performance Standards Inspector - 1 year contract (Former Employee) –  RichmondhillAugust 5, 2014
Really enjoyed working at Enbridge Gas Distribution, other people in my family work there as well. they provide a great wage and benefits. Was very upset when my contract ended. Would love to work there again.
Politics beyond anything I've experienced before
IT Consultant (Former Employee) –  CalgaryFebruary 26, 2015
I've worked with small, medium, large, and multi-nationals. As well as government. And never before did I experience the intensity and excessiveness of internal politics, strife, and game-playing.

The management would say one thing to your face and the exact opposite (negative, obviously) behind your back.

Senior Management individuals would use meetings as personal/professional viewpoints and plans attack opportunities and pi**ing contests.
Pros
i was well paid.
Cons
everything except pay.
Great company with strong work ethic and great employee bonding strategies to create a strong team.
Valve Technician / Work Management Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONApril 22, 2015
Enbridge was a great company to work for, they offered flex time, a great environment for work friends and advancements and provided all the necessary training and tools for success.They hosted bi- weekly team meetings and exorcises to create strong work teams.
Pros
Gym on site, free coffee and team lunches
Cons
Communication
Good Place
Land Admin (Current Employee) –  edmonton, ABOctober 27, 2014
Great Benefits
Good people
Good Salary
great enviroment
Great pay, not as great work environment
Manager/Supervisor, Project Controls (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 30, 2015
Not much career advancement opportunities.
Management is very political, not so much technically knowledgeable.
Co-workers are great, very supportive and eager to do the right thing.
very chanllenging position with 12 hr shifts 11 days on with 3 off
Field Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Fort, Sask, AlbertaMay 16, 2012
On Site Job, Was the Senior Office Site Administrator. Was responsible manily for payroll, benefits and PO's . On a daily basis had to balance and do end of the week reports. Worked with Safety on a daily basis
sd
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 12, 2015
Busy, Fun, amazing company to work for. Fair, respectful, trustworthy, like to see you succeed. Offer internal workshops and courses.
It was a pleasure to work - excellent work place
Senior Scheduler / Production Support (Former Employee) –  Toronto, OntarioSeptember 21, 2013
Good benefits and working environment .
Co-workers were really good and helpful.
Location was desirable.
Good pay, bad culture, bad financial management, poor leadership
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 16, 2015
Traditional and non-transparent management style, lack of communication, silos, politics and family/personal relationships, poor leadership and spoiled staff. Middle managers and people leaders are pushed to do all the work and receive poor support from management.
very good job
Gas Technician (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBMarch 4, 2014
it was a fair wage......good benefits...very good people to work for
Pros
company vehicle
Good Company, horrible management...
Operations Reporting Analyst (Former Employee) –  NorthYork, OntJuly 2, 2014
Good company with motivational culture. Positive team environment. The hardest part of the job is that there I know formal training or guidelines. Had a woman management team and they were horrible.
Pros
great work life balance
Cons
no formal training or guidelines and management
Great place to work and learn
Pipeline Inspector (Current Employee) –  oshawa,ONMay 9, 2014
A typical day is getting to site before crews checking and validating locates and located areas work with builders and other crews to work safely and create good production. i learned alot about hyrdo main and services, water ,bell and rogers services and main also worked with steel main and plastic main bore shot and drilling crews worked with foreman to make sure tssa and mol laws and regualtions were followed. hardest part of my job is working with different crews to follow and work with guidelines without conflict, most enjoyable part is finishing a service or a site and getting good clean records back and on time also working safe and keep the gas in the pipe with no damages.
Pros
company vehicle
Cons
long hours no overtime
With Enbridge you travel a lot and that I enjoy
Inspector (Former Employee) –  East Central AlbertaMarch 12, 2015
My day was a lot of travel interacting with a lot of different crews and new challenges each day
My biggest thing that I have learnt in dealing with so many people is to make sure everyone is clear on there roll and to be working in a safe manner. My biggest fear is someone getting hurt
My co-workers most are very enjoyable to be around but some are very challenging
Pros
travel
Cons
jobs not lasting
Was a client to company I worked for.
N/A (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 6, 2015
Did not work for Enbridge directly, therefore no comments will be provided. I am sure it's a very good company to work for.
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
very good place to work
Self-contractor Assistant (Former Employee) –  toronto onJanuary 23, 2013
its a very good plave to work people there are friendly they also help you in whatever way they can.
Pros
free gas
Nice company
Technical Standards Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 16, 2015
I learned a lot working at Enbridge, nice environment to work, diversity is great and a lot of opportunities to grow within the company.
Pros
a lot of nice people to work with
Great earning potential in the summer
TAPS Technician/Representative (Former Employee) –  Durham regionSeptember 14, 2012
It is a door-to-door free energy products distribution position. I was given an area in the Durham region and to bring the energy saving product to the chosen households. I was working all on my own and I planned my own route and schedule. I also input the customers' info on the computer spreadsheet and report to the leader once a week. I learned to effectively communicate and present the products to the customers. Since I am a hard working person, I enjoyed working fast pace in a commission based position.
Pros
meeting different people, great earning potential for student, work at my own pace
Cons
summer is too short
Professional Team
Capital Assets Supervisor - AER and Other (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 28, 2013
At Enbridge, I have the rare opportunity of working with highly intelligent people, With such a large organization, I am learning and growing every day. It is a pleasure to work with my manager and my own staffs. My colleagues are very supportive of each other.

The most enjoyable part is that I am exploring new territories every day. At the same time, it is the most challenging part of my job as well.
Pros
many opportunities to learn
Cons
job functions are little narrow compared with my prior responsibilities.
I have worked on projects for Enbridge in the past and found them very good to work with.
Senior Pipeline construction Inspector (Current Employee) –  Canada or wherever the project is locatedMay 21, 2012
My work day starts at 6:00 am when I turn in my report for the previous day's progress and attend a work meeting and discuss any problems with the work, etc. Head out for the worksite at 6:30am and stay on the site ensuring a high degree of quality and safety is achieved through the day,until the crew leaves the site for the day...repeat until a successful completion has been achieved.
Pros
lots of healthy fresh air...
Cons
often dangerous work, in sometimes very harsh conditions
Excellent place to work
Work Management Clerk (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONNovember 13, 2012
• Prepare gas applications
• Utilize SAP for completing gas applications
• Customer service, assisting contractors with completion of gas applications
• Working with sales for billing and main extensions projects
• Working with Enbridge systems to map gas mains, indicate farm taps, vertical headers and main extension projects.
• Deal with contractors to ensure services are completed on time and meter installations are accurate

Great co-workers and team atmosphere. Enjoy the challenges of when the busy season comes around.