Enbridge Employee Reviews in Canada

Don't work in Calgary head office as an admin
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  CalgaryMarch 20, 2014
You will be viewed as a 2nd or 3rd class citizen. Workload is untenable. You will not receive recognition and will be left out of all celebrations. Unless of course you are tasked with organizing them.

The admins are the biggest gossipers and will throw you under the bus if they don't like you. It's a vipers nest and is most unprofessional.

Admins are expected to be yes people and are treated as slaves.

Bullying of admins is rampant and it's always the admin that gets let go.

If you value your work / life balance do not apply here. Many of us are looking for jobs at other companies because of the toxic work environment.
Pros
salary is decent
Cons
expected to attend lunch meetings but lunches are no longer provided
Nice company
Technical Standards Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 16, 2015
I learned a lot working at Enbridge, nice environment to work, diversity is great and a lot of opportunities to grow within the company.
Pros
a lot of nice people to work with
Well balnced employer, providing great benefits
Collections / Call Center Manager (Former Employee) –  TorontoJanuary 28, 2014
A typical day consisted of setting up customer contact calling lists, review budget and forecast targets. Handling of direct reports challenges, coaching of staff. Calls with external vendors related to performance targets an goals.

Management lacked mentoring proficiency

Co-workers were very supportive and able to cover my key tasks if absent.

The hardest part of the job was that there was frequently a change in direction and 1-2 year plans changed monthly.

the most enjoyable part were first 3.5 years that involved set up and implementation of external vendors and service providers.
Pros
good work life balance schedule
Cons
lacking career path opportunities
Enbridge sub contractor.
Contractor - Powell Canada (Former Employee) –  Fort Mackay, ABJanuary 9, 2014
I worked on a site which included a pumping station, 2 vfd buildings, along with 2 high voltage substations, 4166v switch gear and 2 huge storage tanks. The project was interesting, I dealt with mainly tying in the high voltage to and from switch gear to substations, vfd bldgs, and pumps. Along with this I hooked up controls for vfd's, lighting circuits, pumps and remaining systems.

I worked for a subcontractor to Enbridge, we finished our contract in full prior to deadline, and without injury.

Was a fun show.
Professional Team
Capital Assets Supervisor - AER and Other (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 28, 2013
At Enbridge, I have the rare opportunity of working with highly intelligent people, With such a large organization, I am learning and growing every day. It is a pleasure to work with my manager and my own staffs. My colleagues are very supportive of each other.

The most enjoyable part is that I am exploring new territories every day. At the same time, it is the most challenging part of my job as well.
Pros
many opportunities to learn
Cons
job functions are little narrow compared with my prior responsibilities.
I have worked on projects for Enbridge in the past and found them very good to work with.
Senior Pipeline construction Inspector (Current Employee) –  Canada or wherever the project is locatedMay 21, 2012
My work day starts at 6:00 am when I turn in my report for the previous day's progress and attend a work meeting and discuss any problems with the work, etc. Head out for the worksite at 6:30am and stay on the site ensuring a high degree of quality and safety is achieved through the day,until the crew leaves the site for the day...repeat until a successful completion has been achieved.
Pros
lots of healthy fresh air...
Cons
often dangerous work, in sometimes very harsh conditions
Great earning potential in the summer
TAPS Technician/Representative (Former Employee) –  Durham regionSeptember 14, 2012
It is a door-to-door free energy products distribution position. I was given an area in the Durham region and to bring the energy saving product to the chosen households. I was working all on my own and I planned my own route and schedule. I also input the customers' info on the computer spreadsheet and report to the leader once a week. I learned to effectively communicate and present the products to the customers. Since I am a hard working person, I enjoyed working fast pace in a commission based position.
Pros
meeting different people, great earning potential for student, work at my own pace
Cons
summer is too short
Excellent place to work
Work Management Clerk (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONNovember 13, 2012
• Prepare gas applications
• Utilize SAP for completing gas applications
• Customer service, assisting contractors with completion of gas applications
• Working with sales for billing and main extensions projects
• Working with Enbridge systems to map gas mains, indicate farm taps, vertical headers and main extension projects.
• Deal with contractors to ensure services are completed on time and meter installations are accurate

Great co-workers and team atmosphere. Enjoy the challenges of when the busy season comes around.
Management is friendly on the surface, co-workers seem helpful.
CSR (Former Employee) –  ThoroldSeptember 15, 2014
The wage is good, but since they started hiring on a contract basis only there are no benefits. When the contract is up which is 3-4 months you are done there and they will advertise for hires again on contract basis. A revolving door!
Pros
wage is good
Cons
hires on contract basis only!
Great place to learn and grow professionally
Senior Audit Analyst / Audit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 7, 2012
The role ended with being involved the development of SOX documentation from scratch (during 2002). I worked with staff in different levels of the company and different parts of the organization. I was responsible for the documenting, testing, and reporting findings.
Pros
variety
Cons
limited benefits at the time
Loads of perks including great vacation package, free drinks, great atmosphere, numerous social functions, great benefit package, great people etc.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 19, 2012
I can't say enough good things about Enbridge. Having worked for many different companies over the years, I would place them at the top of the heap, with hydro running a close second.
Pros
great pay rate/benefits.
Cons
commute.
Was a client to company I worked for.
N/A (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 6, 2015
Did not work for Enbridge directly, therefore no comments will be provided. I am sure it's a very good company to work for.
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
Good Company, horrible management...
Operations Reporting Analyst (Former Employee) –  NorthYork, OntJuly 2, 2014
Good company with motivational culture. Positive team environment. The hardest part of the job is that there I know formal training or guidelines. Had a woman management team and they were horrible.
Pros
great work life balance
Cons
no formal training or guidelines and management
Ineresting and challenging.
Records Management Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, Alberta.January 28, 2014
I came on as part of Enbridge's new Records Management program.

The fact that Enbridge did not have such a program made for an extremely challenging experience.

The fact that I had no knowledge of the pipeline industry made for and extremely rewarding experience personally.
Love this place!
Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  North York, ONApril 6, 2014
The only reason I'm not currently working here is because I was a summer student there and my contract was over. I absolutely love this company and loved working them. Every aspect of this company is amazing and I would work for this company for the rest of my life, no questions asked.
Career Long Company
Cost Engineer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 15, 2014
A major player in the Liquid Pipeline industry, Enbridge is a well established and ever growing company that offers: above standard salary and benefits, great work life balance, variety of internal job opportunities, career development, learning, great company culture.
Great team environment.
Volumetric Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 30, 2015
Fast paced environment with supportive management. Great company to be with. Possibilities for advancement if desired.
benefits
Cons
demanding
Great Place To work
Performance Standards Inspector - 1 year contract (Former Employee) –  RichmondhillAugust 5, 2014
Really enjoyed working at Enbridge Gas Distribution, other people in my family work there as well. they provide a great wage and benefits. Was very upset when my contract ended. Would love to work there again.
very chanllenging position with 12 hr shifts 11 days on with 3 off
Field Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Fort, Sask, AlbertaMay 16, 2012
On Site Job, Was the Senior Office Site Administrator. Was responsible manily for payroll, benefits and PO's . On a daily basis had to balance and do end of the week reports. Worked with Safety on a daily basis
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 6, 2014
Contracted by Ricoh I enjoyed my time working at Enbridge.
Co-workers were awesome & the people we're amazing.
My manager was an amazing manager as well. One of the best managers i've had.
New management in Ricoh & Enbridge came in and ruined the work flow.