Enbridge Employee Reviews

With Enbridge you travel a lot and that I enjoy
Inspector (Former Employee) –  East Central Alberta12 March 2015
My day was a lot of travel interacting with a lot of different crews and new challenges each day
My biggest thing that I have learnt in dealing with so many people is to make sure everyone is clear on there roll and to be working in a safe manner. My biggest fear is someone getting hurt
My co-workers most are very enjoyable to be around but some are very challenging
Pros
Travel
Cons
Jobs not lasting
Enbridge is a great company to work for.
Benefits Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 August 2015
Enbridge is a great company to work for. I have no intension of leaving, Just looking for a part time position to supplement my income.
Pros
great people, great benefits, great work environment.
Cons
some long hours
Politics beyond anything I've experienced before
IT Consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary26 February 2015
I've worked with small, medium, large, and multi-nationals. As well as government. And never before did I experience the intensity and excessiveness of internal politics, strife, and game-playing.

The management would say one thing to your face and the exact opposite (negative, obviously) behind your back.

Senior Management individuals would use meetings as personal/professional viewpoints and plans attack opportunities and pi**ing contests.
Pros
I was well paid.
Cons
Everything except pay.
Longstanding, successful company
Supervisor Area Operations Western Region (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 October 2015
Excellent company to work for. Plenty of opportunity for advancement for those who pursue it and care about what they do.
An excellent work environment.
Sr. Manager, Credit Risk (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 July 2015
An employee focused organization with huge emphasis on safety. Management communicate objectives and goals clearly and couch employees to acheive the set objectives.
Pros
Great compensation salary
Cons
regulatory limitations
n/a
Rather not say (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 March 2015
Conservative company but well respected.

Long demanding hours of work with little to no opportunity for advancement. Executive Management Team encourages a balanced work/life enviroment however easier said than done.

Great people to work with for the most part.
Pros
Great people
Cons
lots of long hours working into the evenings and weekends to keep up with demanding work load
Overall good company to work for, but management is not acceptable
Support Business Assistant (Current Employee) –  Alberta16 December 2014
The executive management is awesome and they have a stable business plan for many years. The problem with Enbridge is their direct reporting managers are either not real people leaders or not educated about the tasks and work flow. The business tools and the work processes are in transit constantly. I don't like the fact that they only hire contractors and fire them at a whim regularly. It is a difficult choice to stay here when the pay and benefits are good but the management needs a lot of improvement. Way too much politics! I like the safety culture.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Only hire contractors and fire them on a whim
Good pay, bad culture, bad financial management, poor leadership
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 March 2015
Traditional and non-transparent management style, lack of communication, silos, politics and family/personal relationships, poor leadership and spoiled staff. Middle managers and people leaders are pushed to do all the work and receive poor support from management.
Enbridge sub contractor.
Contractor - Powell Canada (Former Employee) –  Fort Mackay, AB9 January 2014
I worked on a site which included a pumping station, 2 vfd buildings, along with 2 high voltage substations, 4166v switch gear and 2 huge storage tanks. The project was interesting, I dealt with mainly tying in the high voltage to and from switch gear to substations, vfd bldgs, and pumps. Along with this I hooked up controls for vfd's, lighting circuits, pumps and remaining systems.

I worked for a subcontractor to Enbridge, we finished our contract in full prior to deadline, and without injury.

Was a fun show.
Professional Team
Capital Assets Supervisor - AER and Other (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 November 2013
At Enbridge, I have the rare opportunity of working with highly intelligent people, With such a large organization, I am learning and growing every day. It is a pleasure to work with my manager and my own staffs. My colleagues are very supportive of each other.

The most enjoyable part is that I am exploring new territories every day. At the same time, it is the most challenging part of my job as well.
Pros
many opportunities to learn
Cons
Job functions are little narrow compared with my prior responsibilities.
I have worked on projects for Enbridge in the past and found them very good to work with.
Senior Pipeline construction Inspector (Current Employee) –  Canada or wherever the project is located21 May 2012
My work day starts at 6:00 am when I turn in my report for the previous day's progress and attend a work meeting and discuss any problems with the work, etc. Head out for the worksite at 6:30am and stay on the site ensuring a high degree of quality and safety is achieved through the day,until the crew leaves the site for the day...repeat until a successful completion has been achieved.
Pros
lots of healthy fresh air...
Cons
often dangerous work, in sometimes very harsh conditions
Great earning potential in the summer
TAPS Technician/Representative (Former Employee) –  Durham region14 September 2012
It is a door-to-door free energy products distribution position. I was given an area in the Durham region and to bring the energy saving product to the chosen households. I was working all on my own and I planned my own route and schedule. I also input the customers' info on the computer spreadsheet and report to the leader once a week. I learned to effectively communicate and present the products to the customers. Since I am a hard working person, I enjoyed working fast pace in a commission based position.
Pros
meeting different people, great earning potential for student, work at my own pace
Cons
summer is too short
Excellent place to work
Work Management Clerk (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON13 November 2012
• Prepare gas applications
• Utilize SAP for completing gas applications
• Customer service, assisting contractors with completion of gas applications
• Working with sales for billing and main extensions projects
• Working with Enbridge systems to map gas mains, indicate farm taps, vertical headers and main extension projects.
• Deal with contractors to ensure services are completed on time and meter installations are accurate

Great co-workers and team atmosphere. Enjoy the challenges of when the busy season comes around.
Well balnced employer, providing great benefits
Collections / Call Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto28 January 2014
A typical day consisted of setting up customer contact calling lists, review budget and forecast targets. Handling of direct reports challenges, coaching of staff. Calls with external vendors related to performance targets an goals.

Management lacked mentoring proficiency

Co-workers were very supportive and able to cover my key tasks if absent.

The hardest part of the job was that there was frequently a change in direction and 1-2 year plans changed monthly.

the most enjoyable part were first 3.5 years that involved set up and implementation of external vendors and service providers.
Pros
good work life balance schedule
Cons
lacking career path opportunities
Don't work in Calgary head office as an admin
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Calgary20 March 2014
You will be viewed as a 2nd or 3rd class citizen. Workload is untenable. You will not receive recognition and will be left out of all celebrations. Unless of course you are tasked with organizing them.

The admins are the biggest gossipers and will throw you under the bus if they don't like you. It's a vipers nest and is most unprofessional.

Admins are expected to be yes people and are treated as slaves.

Bullying of admins is rampant and it's always the admin that gets let go.

If you value your work / life balance do not apply here. Many of us are looking for jobs at other companies because of the toxic work environment.
Pros
Salary is decent
Cons
Expected to attend lunch meetings but lunches are no longer provided
Great place to work and learn
Pipeline Inspector (Current Employee) –  oshawa,ON9 May 2014
A typical day is getting to site before crews checking and validating locates and located areas work with builders and other crews to work safely and create good production. i learned alot about hyrdo main and services, water ,bell and rogers services and main also worked with steel main and plastic main bore shot and drilling crews worked with foreman to make sure tssa and mol laws and regualtions were followed. hardest part of my job is working with different crews to follow and work with guidelines without conflict, most enjoyable part is finishing a service or a site and getting good clean records back and on time also working safe and keep the gas in the pipe with no damages.
Pros
company vehicle
Cons
long hours no overtime
Growth is based on family, relatives ties in company.
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Toronto22 August 2015
Too many relatives working at company. People get promoted not based on merit. Company does not walk their talk. Culture is based on who you know etc.
team work
general inspector (Former Employee) –  kingston13 October 2015
they don't do what they preach...like the saying goes ...the rich get richer...us poor people get stepped on....they r a bunch of liars...
Great place to learn and grow professionally
Senior Audit Analyst / Audit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 May 2012
The role ended with being involved the development of SOX documentation from scratch (during 2002). I worked with staff in different levels of the company and different parts of the organization. I was responsible for the documenting, testing, and reporting findings.
Pros
variety
Cons
limited benefits at the time
Loads of perks including great vacation package, free drinks, great atmosphere, numerous social functions, great benefit package, great people etc.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 October 2012
I can't say enough good things about Enbridge. Having worked for many different companies over the years, I would place them at the top of the heap, with hydro running a close second.
Pros
great pay rate/benefits.
Cons
commute.