Enbridge Employee Reviews in Canada

Great company with strong work ethic and great employee bonding strategies to create a strong team.
Valve Technician / Work Management Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONApril 22, 2015
Enbridge was a great company to work for, they offered flex time, a great environment for work friends and advancements and provided all the necessary training and tools for success.They hosted bi- weekly team meetings and exorcises to create strong work teams.
Pros
Gym on site, free coffee and team lunches
Cons
Communication
team work
general inspector (Former Employee) –  kingstonOctober 13, 2015
they don't do what they preach...like the saying goes ...the rich get richer...us poor people get stepped on....they r a bunch of liars...
Don't work in Calgary head office as an admin
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  CalgaryMarch 20, 2014
You will be viewed as a 2nd or 3rd class citizen. Workload is untenable. You will not receive recognition and will be left out of all celebrations. Unless of course you are tasked with organizing them.

The admins are the biggest gossipers and will throw you under the bus if they don't like you. It's a vipers nest and is most unprofessional.

Admins are expected to be yes people and are treated as slaves.

Bullying of admins is rampant and it's always the admin that gets let go.

If you value your work / life balance do not apply here. Many of us are looking for jobs at other companies because of the toxic work environment.
Pros
salary is decent
Cons
expected to attend lunch meetings but lunches are no longer provided
Great place to work and learn
Pipeline Inspector (Current Employee) –  oshawa,ONMay 9, 2014
A typical day is getting to site before crews checking and validating locates and located areas work with builders and other crews to work safely and create good production. i learned alot about hyrdo main and services, water ,bell and rogers services and main also worked with steel main and plastic main bore shot and drilling crews worked with foreman to make sure tssa and mol laws and regualtions were followed. hardest part of my job is working with different crews to follow and work with guidelines without conflict, most enjoyable part is finishing a service or a site and getting good clean records back and on time also working safe and keep the gas in the pipe with no damages.
Pros
company vehicle
Cons
long hours no overtime
sd
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 12, 2015
Busy, Fun, amazing company to work for. Fair, respectful, trustworthy, like to see you succeed. Offer internal workshops and courses.
Management is friendly on the surface, co-workers seem helpful.
CSR (Former Employee) –  ThoroldSeptember 15, 2014
The wage is good, but since they started hiring on a contract basis only there are no benefits. When the contract is up which is 3-4 months you are done there and they will advertise for hires again on contract basis. A revolving door!
Pros
wage is good
Cons
hires on contract basis only!
With Enbridge you travel a lot and that I enjoy
Inspector (Former Employee) –  East Central AlbertaMarch 12, 2015
My day was a lot of travel interacting with a lot of different crews and new challenges each day
My biggest thing that I have learnt in dealing with so many people is to make sure everyone is clear on there roll and to be working in a safe manner. My biggest fear is someone getting hurt
My co-workers most are very enjoyable to be around but some are very challenging
Pros
travel
Cons
jobs not lasting
Great place to learn and grow professionally
Senior Audit Analyst / Audit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 7, 2012
The role ended with being involved the development of SOX documentation from scratch (during 2002). I worked with staff in different levels of the company and different parts of the organization. I was responsible for the documenting, testing, and reporting findings.
Pros
variety
Cons
limited benefits at the time
Loads of perks including great vacation package, free drinks, great atmosphere, numerous social functions, great benefit package, great people etc.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 19, 2012
I can't say enough good things about Enbridge. Having worked for many different companies over the years, I would place them at the top of the heap, with hydro running a close second.
Pros
great pay rate/benefits.
Cons
commute.
Ineresting and challenging.
Records Management Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, Alberta.January 28, 2014
I came on as part of Enbridge's new Records Management program.

The fact that Enbridge did not have such a program made for an extremely challenging experience.

The fact that I had no knowledge of the pipeline industry made for and extremely rewarding experience personally.
Great Place To work
Performance Standards Inspector - 1 year contract (Former Employee) –  RichmondhillAugust 5, 2014
Really enjoyed working at Enbridge Gas Distribution, other people in my family work there as well. they provide a great wage and benefits. Was very upset when my contract ended. Would love to work there again.
A great learning experience.
Risk Specialist, Major Projects PMO (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 8, 2014
A great learning experience. As with any large company, there is some difficulty maintaining a consistent corporate culture with so many individual personalities.
Very well paid but poor management
Document Control Administrator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABOctober 23, 2014
Uneducated leaders could distroy the will to go to work.
It is a nice company to work for with family-work balance culture
Lack of clear procedures
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 6, 2014
Contracted by Ricoh I enjoyed my time working at Enbridge.
Co-workers were awesome & the people we're amazing.
My manager was an amazing manager as well. One of the best managers i've had.
New management in Ricoh & Enbridge came in and ruined the work flow.
Productive and fun place to work.
Desktop Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 6, 2012
Overall Enbridge is a great company to work. Many nice people are around you. Great management and leadership but it’s a contract job for me and I know every contract comes to an end one day. I need to move on with my life.
Excellent Organization
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 27, 2012
Excellent Organization, very positive progressive mind and healthy employee relations. Good Management.
Pros
excellent organization
very chanllenging position with 12 hr shifts 11 days on with 3 off
Field Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Fort, Sask, AlbertaMay 16, 2012
On Site Job, Was the Senior Office Site Administrator. Was responsible manily for payroll, benefits and PO's . On a daily basis had to balance and do end of the week reports. Worked with Safety on a daily basis
Good Place
Land Admin (Current Employee) –  edmonton, ABOctober 27, 2014
Great Benefits
Good people
Good Salary
great enviroment
Was a client to company I worked for.
N/A (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 6, 2015
Did not work for Enbridge directly, therefore no comments will be provided. I am sure it's a very good company to work for.
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
disorganised with opportunities
Sr Analyst (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 29, 2014
A lot of smart people but not a lot of communication. A lot of new people. Management is very busy and chaos results. And there is a dress code! Men must wear ties.
Pros
good pay; smart people; good intentions
Cons
chaotic; uncoordinated