Enbridge Employee Reviews in Canada

team work
general inspector (Former Employee) –  kingstonOctober 13, 2015
they don't do what they preach...like the saying goes ...the rich get richer...us poor people get stepped on....they r a bunch of liars...
Longstanding, successful company
Supervisor Area Operations Western Region (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABOctober 9, 2015
Excellent company to work for. Plenty of opportunity for advancement for those who pursue it and care about what they do.
Productive, bussy, so much meeting, fun,....
Senior Project manager and Program manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABOctober 7, 2015
- work hardly to accomplish the tasks.
- managing the time and do not burn out.
- working closely as the fun team with co workers.
- there is no hard part of work, any problems has solutions.
- the most enjoyable part of the job is resolving the hardest tasks...
Pros
Felxible work hours
Cons
so much meeting
Amazing job, Great people, Lots of work to do,
Project Execution Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABSeptember 22, 2015
Enbridge is one of the most amazing places to work, with very interesting projects and lots of incredible people, also diverse people from other cultures, cultures and backgrounds, just amazing... Work environment is a true challenge, There is always lots of things to do and learn, extremely competitive... I enjoy working in the city, have learned lots from my job and from the people i worked with, specially my managers.. It was one of the best jobs ever and did why know mostly.
Pros
amazing projects
Growth is based on family, relatives ties in company.
Engineer (Current Employee) –  TorontoAugust 22, 2015
Too many relatives working at company. People get promoted not based on merit. Company does not walk their talk. Culture is based on who you know etc.
Enbridge is a great company to work for.
Benefits Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 18, 2015
Enbridge is a great company to work for. I have no intension of leaving, Just looking for a part time position to supplement my income.
Pros
great people, great benefits, great work environment.
Cons
some long hours
sd
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 12, 2015
Busy, Fun, amazing company to work for. Fair, respectful, trustworthy, like to see you succeed. Offer internal workshops and courses.
An excellent work environment.
Sr. Manager, Credit Risk (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 28, 2015
An employee focused organization with huge emphasis on safety. Management communicate objectives and goals clearly and couch employees to acheive the set objectives.
Pros
Great compensation salary
Cons
regulatory limitations
A company to grow with
Senior Document Control Coordinator (Current Employee) –  EdmontonJuly 17, 2015
At Enbridge yoy get all the support to grow in your current role or to develop new skills and move on to your next position.
Immigrating from Germany to Canada in 2007, Enbridge gave me the opportunity to start a new career in a field i had no previous experience. But I always liked to challenge myself.
Ar Enbridge we have a very supporting management and you can always rely on them. Same for my co-workers. At Enbridge it`s all about being part of a team, something i really much appreciate.
The hardest part of the job is my commute to the work location in Downtown Edmonton as i am living out by Tofield. Parking is also very expensive.
And last but not least, the most enjoyable part are my co-workers to whom i have a very respectful, friendship-like relationship.
Pros
Good work enviroment
Cons
Long home to office commute, expensive parking
Purchasing Clerk, Contractor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 14, 2015
Very nice place to work
Great team members
Excellent corporate culture
Competitive salary
Financially stable
Industry in high demand
Great company with strong work ethic and great employee bonding strategies to create a strong team.
Valve Technician / Work Management Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONApril 22, 2015
Enbridge was a great company to work for, they offered flex time, a great environment for work friends and advancements and provided all the necessary training and tools for success.They hosted bi- weekly team meetings and exorcises to create strong work teams.
Pros
Gym on site, free coffee and team lunches
Cons
Communication
Management with Personal and Political Agendas
Human Resources (Former Employee) –  EdmontonApril 7, 2015
Enbridge talks about consolidation of people and processes, yet appears unable to align standards for the multiple business units that operate under their own personal agendas. Politics are rampant among BU's with in-fighting between similar departments such as health and safety. Training is hit or miss depending on your manager, department and BU. Suspect the good pay received while employed there was the trade-off.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Bad management
Was a client to company I worked for.
N/A (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 6, 2015
Did not work for Enbridge directly, therefore no comments will be provided. I am sure it's a very good company to work for.
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
Great pay, not as great work environment
Manager/Supervisor, Project Controls (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 30, 2015
Not much career advancement opportunities.
Management is very political, not so much technically knowledgeable.
Co-workers are great, very supportive and eager to do the right thing.
n/a
Rather not say (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 16, 2015
Conservative company but well respected.

Long demanding hours of work with little to no opportunity for advancement. Executive Management Team encourages a balanced work/life enviroment however easier said than done.

Great people to work with for the most part.
Pros
great people
Cons
lots of long hours working into the evenings and weekends to keep up with demanding work load
Nice company
Technical Standards Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 16, 2015
I learned a lot working at Enbridge, nice environment to work, diversity is great and a lot of opportunities to grow within the company.
Pros
a lot of nice people to work with
Good pay, bad culture, bad financial management, poor leadership
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 16, 2015
Traditional and non-transparent management style, lack of communication, silos, politics and family/personal relationships, poor leadership and spoiled staff. Middle managers and people leaders are pushed to do all the work and receive poor support from management.
With Enbridge you travel a lot and that I enjoy
Inspector (Former Employee) –  East Central AlbertaMarch 12, 2015
My day was a lot of travel interacting with a lot of different crews and new challenges each day
My biggest thing that I have learnt in dealing with so many people is to make sure everyone is clear on there roll and to be working in a safe manner. My biggest fear is someone getting hurt
My co-workers most are very enjoyable to be around but some are very challenging
Pros
travel
Cons
jobs not lasting
Politics beyond anything I've experienced before
IT Consultant (Former Employee) –  CalgaryFebruary 26, 2015
I've worked with small, medium, large, and multi-nationals. As well as government. And never before did I experience the intensity and excessiveness of internal politics, strife, and game-playing.

The management would say one thing to your face and the exact opposite (negative, obviously) behind your back.

Senior Management individuals would use meetings as personal/professional viewpoints and plans attack opportunities and pi**ing contests.
Pros
i was well paid.
Cons
everything except pay.
Great team environment.
Volumetric Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 30, 2015
Fast paced environment with supportive management. Great company to be with. Possibilities for advancement if desired.
benefits
Cons
demanding