Enbridge Employee Reviews

Great Company to work for
Service Desk Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 June 2017
Enbridge is a great company to work for all employees are friendly and family oriented, a place to grow and develop the hardest part of the job being on call and unable to reach senior technician during off peak hours during outages leaving clients frustrated and the most enjoyable part of the job is when a client problem has been resolved and the client is happy
Pros
Enbridge provides work life balance
Cons
Most jobs are contracted position
It was a productive place to work. Everyone worked as a complete team.
Chief Inspector (Former Employee) –  ATT Terminal, Fort Mcmurray13 June 2017
Most work days started of at 0600. A site tour was completed to ensure a safe work place was available for all the work crews. Daily reports for the previous day was completed and emailed to the Construction Manager, All crews started at 0700. I would attend and participate in the morning tool box talks. My morning would include a daily field tour reviewing the work site. I cheered shift progress meetings and daily coordination meetings. All way have open communications with engineering on all aspects of the project. daily open communication with on site Operation personal. always ensuring all working has a safe work place and that they were in compliance with all safety policies.
Good place to have experience, but not for expert people
Oracle DBA (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 June 2017
Hi,
Enbridge is a good place to have some experience if you don't have. However, they won't recognize your effort even if you work 24/7.
Management level can take any decision about you without even know you or your experience or what you do at the work.
Pros
Good place to learn something new
Cons
totally not secure
Great environment, great culture
Site Inspector (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 June 2017
Enbridge is a great place to work with lots of great people. Lots of opportunities and great safety culture. Opportunities to advance your career through out the company.
A sinking ship inside a dark tunnel with no light in sight
Desktop Support Analyst - Contractor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 June 2017
Was never paid market rate. They are in the midst of outsourcing most of the services, and it is not going well. A constant air of negativity is posing a serious risk to the mental health of all individuals. Only saving grace was my immediate supervisor, otherwise management gave us no reason to be productive.
Great work life balance
Sr. Health & Safety Analyst (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB31 May 2017
Good work life balance with alternative work arrangements, earned days off and ample vacation time and sick pay. Unfortunately, the morale has recently declined in the company due to all the cut backs and layoffs.
10 Months Ago this was a no brainer
IT Administrator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 May 2017
Decisions being made in upper-management reflect sound business decisions.
Lack of leadership in day-to-day operations.
Overall guidelines stated, but most are instructed not to worry about helping.
After merging and major sourcing (Enbridge's word for outsourcing) effort,there is no opportunity for advancement in my field, and I would recommend looking elsewhere if you are looking for a career.
Pros
Salary, Benefits
Cons
No Opportunity for Advancement
Enjoyed my stay with Enbridge
Test Lead (Former Employee) –  North York, ON17 May 2017
For Enbridge safety come first and pays so much attention to avoid accidents. It's multi cultural and people are helpful. I didn't see much of a friendly environment and it is a flexible work environment
Administrator / Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary11 May 2017
Well established firm, good working environment, professional co-workers, good training facilities and good perks for employees. Enbridge hires a lot of contractors and salary is good.
Pros
good training
Cons
no security for contractors
Senior Technical Analyst (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 May 2017
Excellent safety record, Good work life balance, lots of opportunities to learn and grow in certain divisions of the company. Great people to work with.
It was good, not so much any more
Field Controls Analyst (Current Employee) –  Alberta8 May 2017
Company now focuses more on shareholders and stock price rather than doing the job properly.

New direction means people will be over worked and not compensated.

Lots of cut backs still happening. Field workers make the same as the office.
Ruthless company that cut thousands of Spectra employees
Maintenance Planner (Former Employee) –  Taylor, BC3 May 2017
Enbridge cut my turnaround work scope by 25% and terminated me on lack of work.
Working with Spectra employees was very enjoyable experience. Get people to work and get along with.
From Director to Maintenance Planners all are very helpful.
Pros
Cons
Cutting Spectra employees to the bone
Productive and organized workplace
Representative of Enbridge gas (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 April 2017
management- great team, very organized, kept all workers on task and very charismatic

the hardest part of the job was sitting in the same area for a long period of time

the most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with positive customers and helping them out with any concerns and or questions they may have had
Pros
great team to work with
Good People - Poor Management
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 April 2017
The people executing the work at Enbridge are generally a fantastic group. Unfortunately the torment of the past 2 years with consistent and substantial lay-offs has greatly affected the staff.

Waiting for the "axe" to fall every couple of months has been incredibly detrimental to the overall moral and well-being of the organization. Where once you had people who strived every day to protect and promote Enbridge, now there are people who sit low at their desk, hoping no one notices them.

Where once you had staff going above and beyond, and making people take notice. Now those same people are underachieving, falling ill, and just not caring about the organization or it's clients anymore.

Truly a sad thing to watch happen, and I am grateful every single day that I am no longer in such a toxic environment, though feel for my former colleagues who are still waiting, and wondering if they are next.

Hopefully Enbridge has learned from their mistakes, and will not go on mass hiring sprees in order to support what few projects they have, only to have to swing the proverbial axe again.

I did enjoy my time with Enbridge, more because of the people that made Enbridge's accomplishments possible. To those same people, I wish you nothing but happiness and success, and truly hope that those making the decisions, value your contribution.
Pros
The people, the pay, the benefits
Cons
Continual job uncertainty, lack of upper level management's involvement
Fantastic Environments
Space & Facilities Planner/Consulting Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 April 2017
Great organization, great people and fantastic projects to work on. Many departments to make a difference, wonderful community organization. Best management and team leaders to work with.
Rewarding place to work
Offsite Fabrication Coordinator/Inspector (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 April 2017
Overall a great company to work for. Very much enjoyed my time with them and wished I was able to stay with them and move up and make a life time career with them.
Pros
Able to take pride in my job
Cons
Very influenced by the market
Overall a great place to work
Offsite Fabrication Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 April 2017
This company was a fantastic company to work for. I would recommend this company to any one. They have great rates, great schedules, and there are lots to learn in this industry.
Pros
All the small perks and allowances
Cons
It is in the construction industry and therefor all projects must come to an end.
Rewarding work environment
Work Management Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 April 2017
I had a 4 month contract with Enbridge Gas Distribution. I met many great people during my time there and learned many new things about the company on a daily basis. I will not hesitate to continue to apply for jobs at Enbridge Gas Dist.
Company is going thru a lot of reorganization
Senior Enterprise Service Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 April 2017
Company is going thru a lot of reorganization

Enbridge is suffering the problems of trying to combine multiple separate entities into a single functional whole. Its a difficult task and will require years to complete
Busy work schedule
Process Safety Engineer (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NB1 April 2017
Weekly team meetings and adhoc meetings depending upon the season of the year. It has a flat management culture and an open door policy. I learn new things every day and there are lot of training opportunities
Pros
friendly work environment
Cons
challenging task and it gives opportunity to learn new things

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Enbridge. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval