Enbridge Employee Reviews in Canada

One of teh Best Companies to Work for
Bi Consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 23, 2015
Its one of the best companies to work for

I would prefer to work here given a chance.

The atmosphere is very cordial and everyone is very friendly in the team
Great company to work
Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 20, 2015
Excellent and fun team
Open door policy for management
Work/Life balance
Safety Culture
Flexible working hours
Training
Opportunity to advance
Financial Analyst
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  ONOctober 16, 2015
Great work ethics.Life work balance.Got exposure in Sox controls and Analytics .Diverse culture and cordial environment .Was a great team leader and proactive in work presentations.
A company to grow with
Senior Document Control Coordinator (Current Employee) –  EdmontonJuly 17, 2015
At Enbridge yoy get all the support to grow in your current role or to develop new skills and move on to your next position.
Immigrating from Germany to Canada in 2007, Enbridge gave me the opportunity to start a new career in a field i had no previous experience. But I always liked to challenge myself.
Ar Enbridge we have a very supporting management and you can always rely on them. Same for my co-workers. At Enbridge it`s all about being part of a team, something i really much appreciate.
The hardest part of the job is my commute to the work location in Downtown Edmonton as i am living out by Tofield. Parking is also very expensive.
And last but not least, the most enjoyable part are my co-workers to whom i have a very respectful, friendship-like relationship.
Pros
Good work enviroment
Cons
Long home to office commute, expensive parking
Longstanding, successful company
Supervisor Area Operations Western Region (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABOctober 9, 2015
Excellent company to work for. Plenty of opportunity for advancement for those who pursue it and care about what they do.
Enbridge is a great company to work for.
Benefits Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 18, 2015
Enbridge is a great company to work for. I have no intension of leaving, Just looking for a part time position to supplement my income.
Pros
great people, great benefits, great work environment.
Cons
some long hours
An excellent work environment.
Sr. Manager, Credit Risk (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 28, 2015
An employee focused organization with huge emphasis on safety. Management communicate objectives and goals clearly and couch employees to acheive the set objectives.
Pros
Great compensation salary
Cons
regulatory limitations
team work
general inspector (Former Employee) –  kingstonOctober 13, 2015
they don't do what they preach...like the saying goes ...the rich get richer...us poor people get stepped on....they r a bunch of liars...
Great company with strong work ethic and great employee bonding strategies to create a strong team.
Valve Technician / Work Management Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONApril 22, 2015
Enbridge was a great company to work for, they offered flex time, a great environment for work friends and advancements and provided all the necessary training and tools for success.They hosted bi- weekly team meetings and exorcises to create strong work teams.
Pros
Gym on site, free coffee and team lunches
Cons
Communication
Growth is based on family, relatives ties in company.
Engineer (Current Employee) –  TorontoAugust 22, 2015
Too many relatives working at company. People get promoted not based on merit. Company does not walk their talk. Culture is based on who you know etc.
Management with Personal and Political Agendas
Human Resources (Former Employee) –  EdmontonApril 7, 2015
Enbridge talks about consolidation of people and processes, yet appears unable to align standards for the multiple business units that operate under their own personal agendas. Politics are rampant among BU's with in-fighting between similar departments such as health and safety. Training is hit or miss depending on your manager, department and BU. Suspect the good pay received while employed there was the trade-off.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Bad management
With Enbridge you travel a lot and that I enjoy
Inspector (Former Employee) –  East Central AlbertaMarch 12, 2015
My day was a lot of travel interacting with a lot of different crews and new challenges each day
My biggest thing that I have learnt in dealing with so many people is to make sure everyone is clear on there roll and to be working in a safe manner. My biggest fear is someone getting hurt
My co-workers most are very enjoyable to be around but some are very challenging
Pros
travel
Cons
jobs not lasting
Politics beyond anything I've experienced before
IT Consultant (Former Employee) –  CalgaryFebruary 26, 2015
I've worked with small, medium, large, and multi-nationals. As well as government. And never before did I experience the intensity and excessiveness of internal politics, strife, and game-playing.

The management would say one thing to your face and the exact opposite (negative, obviously) behind your back.

Senior Management individuals would use meetings as personal/professional viewpoints and plans attack opportunities and pi**ing contests.
Pros
i was well paid.
Cons
everything except pay.
n/a
Rather not say (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 16, 2015
Conservative company but well respected.

Long demanding hours of work with little to no opportunity for advancement. Executive Management Team encourages a balanced work/life enviroment however easier said than done.

Great people to work with for the most part.
Pros
great people
Cons
lots of long hours working into the evenings and weekends to keep up with demanding work load
sd
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 12, 2015
Busy, Fun, amazing company to work for. Fair, respectful, trustworthy, like to see you succeed. Offer internal workshops and courses.
Good pay, bad culture, bad financial management, poor leadership
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 16, 2015
Traditional and non-transparent management style, lack of communication, silos, politics and family/personal relationships, poor leadership and spoiled staff. Middle managers and people leaders are pushed to do all the work and receive poor support from management.
Overall good company to work for, but management is not acceptable
Support Business Assistant (Current Employee) –  AlbertaDecember 16, 2014
The executive management is awesome and they have a stable business plan for many years. The problem with Enbridge is their direct reporting managers are either not real people leaders or not educated about the tasks and work flow. The business tools and the work processes are in transit constantly. I don't like the fact that they only hire contractors and fire them at a whim regularly. It is a difficult choice to stay here when the pay and benefits are good but the management needs a lot of improvement. Way too much politics! I like the safety culture.
Pros
good pay
Cons
only hire contractors and fire them on a whim
Great pay, not as great work environment
Manager/Supervisor, Project Controls (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 30, 2015
Not much career advancement opportunities.
Management is very political, not so much technically knowledgeable.
Co-workers are great, very supportive and eager to do the right thing.
Purchasing Clerk, Contractor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 14, 2015
Very nice place to work
Great team members
Excellent corporate culture
Competitive salary
Financially stable
Industry in high demand
Great place to work and learn
Pipeline Inspector (Current Employee) –  oshawa,ONMay 9, 2014
A typical day is getting to site before crews checking and validating locates and located areas work with builders and other crews to work safely and create good production. i learned alot about hyrdo main and services, water ,bell and rogers services and main also worked with steel main and plastic main bore shot and drilling crews worked with foreman to make sure tssa and mol laws and regualtions were followed. hardest part of my job is working with different crews to follow and work with guidelines without conflict, most enjoyable part is finishing a service or a site and getting good clean records back and on time also working safe and keep the gas in the pipe with no damages.
Pros
company vehicle
Cons
long hours no overtime