Enbridge Employee Reviews

Unlimites coffee and meetings with food
LP Integrity (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 February 2017
Top heavy organization with limited advancement and terrible Management. Very little regard to the personnel safety of its staff. Many silos in the organization with many Managers believing they run the company. Low producing workers are rewarded with long employment while high producing workers are frowned upon.
Pros
Long meetings with food
Cons
limited advancement and poor pay.
Was good place to work
Capital Asset Analyst (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 March 2017
Wanted to work here for so long, now that I'm here, the oil crisis hits, and it all comes falling down.
With all the changes going on, no one knows whats going on, people are leaving who just can't deal with the uncertainty. I hope that everything levels out, because it just sucks now.
Stay away until the dust settles and there is some certainty.
Pros
RSP fully funded
Cons
No more flex days
Wonderful culture - everybody is very warm and friendly
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  North York, ON12 January 2017
Enbridge was one of the finest companies I have ever worked for.

I have never met a friendlier group of people. Everyone from the top on down always said hello and smiled.

Managers were always approachable, and it was truly a pleasurable place to work.
Pros
Lots of events
Cons
tough commute
Excellent Company with exceptional employees
Admin III (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 March 2017
In my opinion, Enbridge has been an excellent company with very good management and employee interaction. Managers and Supervisors are approachable and accommodating. It has been a great pleasure to be an employee of this company.
Pros
Excellent Management
Cons
Some Remote Locations
Excellent place to work
Solutions Architect (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 October 2016
Enbridge is a great place to work. There is a work life balance, everyone is treated with respect. You are encouraged to keep an open communication with any leadership team member. It doesn't constrict you to a vertical mindset.There is a great awareness for the community, education, employee health and growth. The people are great, the culture is great. I would recommend working at Enbridge to anyone!
the people
Asset Class Manager, Customer Safety & Compliance (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 October 2016
great group of people to work with who are supportive. compensation for employees is competitive. good development opportunities for engineers in the organization, developed some strong friendships with people I have worked with over the years.
Pros
salary, benefits, bonus, people
Cons
employee team building activities have reduced over the years
Good company, tough economy
Project Controls Manager, Major Projects Group (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 February 2017
Good place to work, good people, but a tough economy leads to uncertainty and change. Nice office environment. Good variety of projects (not just pipelines, although that was the biggest part of the portolio cost-wise.
Some great managers, and wonderful co-workers
Quality Lead Auditor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 March 2017
Enbridge was a positive place to work, and they invested in common sense quality processes. Was involved in some very cutting edge vendor qualification processes, that are still ahead of many oil and gas owners today.
Review on EGD
HR Coordinator/Subject Matter Expert (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 October 2016
Enbridge is a great company to work. Unfortunately, they are currently going through a significant structural change to evolve with the times of the ever changing workforce.
I have had many good years at Enbridge. The people are fantastic and everyone works like a family.
I was HR SME, in data analytics, recruitment and event coordination.
Job insecurity
Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 October 2016
Professional, hard working, legally aligned, good management and co-workers, flexibility of working hours keeping in mind the core hours with approval of your People Leader, online and hands-on self learning
Pros
a day off per month to meet with doctors/ personal committments
Cons
do not pay for extra hours of working
Worst manager ever to work for
NA (Former Employee) –  Emdonton14 September 2016
Enjoyed my time at Enbridge however manager was the worst person in my life that I have ever worked for. Manager talked about coworkers when they weren't around and even discussed openly about someone getting fired. He only liked people that kissed butt and I unfortunately was not one of them so that's why I no longer work there. It's too bad but hopefully I can say it's the best thing that has happened to me one day.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Worst manager ever
Solid company with high attention to safety and employee engagement
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON5 October 2016
Enbridge offers its employees thousands of training courses and advancement opportunities with a wide range of career options. Excellent benefits and compensation in a fair and well balanced work environment.
Pros
Compensation and benefits
hard working environment
JR. Records Analyst (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON19 February 2017
a typical day at work is work 100% of the time other than breaks and lunch normally worked through my lunch. not much time for anything else other than work.
Pros
weekends off
Cons
long hours very high workload
great supervisor
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 January 2017
- Very busy
- Take care of safety equipment
- Awesome immediate supervisor
- hectic but friendly environment
- temproray assigmnet and some days were overwhelmed
- working under awesome supervisor
Quite simply the best place I have ever worked - Great people and management!
Contractor - Consultant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 August 2016
Roughly 2.5 years with Enbridge, for such a large company they've managed to remain relatively agile and free from the overwhelming bureaucracy and politics that afflict some of their peers.

The company genuinely cares about people and the environment, it's not a culture that penalizes people for speaking up and doing the right thing, it's a culture that encourages this sort of behaviour.

They pay competitively and work very hard to retain good talent and develop young employees into future leaders.

Well done Enbridge.
Pros
Culture, teamwork, compensation.
Cons
It's the best job you will ever quit.
Great work culture!
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 January 2017
The best part is the people - and that they treat you like an adult. Learned so much! Fabulous company - just going through some transition at the moment. Would return in a heartbeat!
Managment could use a change out
Facilities/Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 August 2016
Enbridge is a very top heavy and bureaucratic company that is highly disorganized and has lots of waste. Enbridge's management usually care more about meeting arbitrarily defined measurable than innovating and trying to create efficiencies. however some managers are great but most are not. Management is usually unable to properly plan project staffing requirements and leave the people that are there to perform extra work without recognition.
Experience
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 February 2017
It has been a great work experience. I was able to learn not only from a technical standpoint but also received managerial experience while attending to various different projects.
Fun place to work with lots of kids
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 November 2016
Enjoy everyday working with kids and other co-workers. always learning with the children around.

Learned about supporting each other when needed .
Pros
Free lunches and snacks every day
Cons
Only Part Time
productive and fun work place
Senior Project Planner/Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 August 2016
It was certainly a very pleasant experience to work at a great company like Enbridge Pipelines and I had an opportunity to work with some really bright individuals and leaders.
I am sure that the knowledge and experience that I am taking away from Enbridge will immensely benefit me in my future.