Enbridge

Enbridge Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A company to grow with
Senior Document Control Coordinator (Current Employee), EdmontonJuly 17, 2015
Pros: Good work enviroment
Cons: Long home to office commute, expensive parking
At Enbridge yoy get all the support to grow in your current role or to develop new skills and move on to your next position.
Immigrating from Germany to Canada in 2007, Enbridge gave me the opportunity to start a new career in a field i had no previous experience. But I always liked to challenge myself.
Ar Enbridge we have a very supporting management and you can always rely on them. Same for my co-workers. At Enbridge it`s all about being part of a team, something i really much appreciate.
The hardest part of the job is my commute to the work location in Downtown Edmonton as i am living out by Tofield. Parking is also very expensive.
And last but not least, the most enjoyable part are my co-workers to whom i have a very respectful, friendship-like relationship.
Purchasing Clerk, Contractor (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 14, 2015
Very nice place to work
Great team members
Excellent corporate culture
Competitive salary
Financially stable
Industry in high demand
Great company with strong work ethic and great employee bonding strategies to create a strong team.
Valve Technician / Work Management Clerk (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 22, 2015
Pros: Gym on site, free coffee and team lunches
Cons: Communication
Enbridge was a great company to work for, they offered flex time, a great environment for work friends and advancements and provided all the necessary training and tools for success.They hosted bi- weekly team meetings and exorcises to create strong work teams.
Management with Personal and Political Agendas
Human Resources (Former Employee), EdmontonApril 7, 2015
Pros: Good pay
Cons: Bad management
Enbridge talks about consolidation of people and processes, yet appears unable to align standards for the multiple business units that operate under their own personal agendas. Politics are rampant among BU's with in-fighting between similar departments such as health and safety. Training is hit or miss depending on your manager, department and BU. Suspect the good pay received while employed there was the trade-off.
Was a client to company I worked for.
N/A (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 6, 2015
Pros: N/A
Cons: N/A
Did not work for Enbridge directly, therefore no comments will be provided. I am sure it's a very good company to work for.
Great pay, not as great work environment
Manager/Supervisor, Project Controls (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 30, 2015
Not much career advancement opportunities.
Management is very political, not so much technically knowledgeable.
Co-workers are great, very supportive and eager to do the right thing.
n/a
Rather not say (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 16, 2015
Pros: great people
Cons: lots of long hours working into the evenings and weekends to keep up with demanding work load
Conservative company but well respected.

Long demanding hours of work with little to no opportunity for advancement. Executive Management Team encourages a balanced work/life enviroment however easier said than done.

Great people to work with for the most part.
Nice company
Technical Standards Coordinator (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 16, 2015
Pros: a lot of nice people to work with
I learned a lot working at Enbridge, nice environment to work, diversity is great and a lot of opportunities to grow within the company.
Good pay, bad culture, bad financial management, poor leadership
Supervisor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 16, 2015
Traditional and non-transparent management style, lack of communication, silos, politics and family/personal relationships, poor leadership and spoiled staff. Middle managers and people leaders are pushed to do all the work and receive poor support from management.
With Enbridge you travel a lot and that I enjoy
Inspector (Former Employee), East Central AlbertaMarch 12, 2015
Pros: travel
Cons: jobs not lasting
My day was a lot of travel interacting with a lot of different crews and new challenges each day
My biggest thing that I have learnt in dealing with so many people is to make sure everyone is clear on there roll and to be working in a safe manner. My biggest fear is someone getting hurt
My co-workers most are very enjoyable to be around but some are very challenging
With Enbridge you travel a lot and that I enjoy
Inspector (Former Employee), East Central AlbertaMarch 12, 2015
Pros: travel
Cons: jobs not lasting
Politics beyond anything I've experienced before
IT Consultant (Former Employee), CalgaryFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: i was well paid.
Cons: everything except pay.
I've worked with small, medium, large, and multi-nationals. As well as government. And never before did I experience the intensity and excessiveness of internal politics, strife, and game-playing.

The management would say one thing to your face and the exact opposite (negative, obviously) behind your back.

Senior Management individuals would use meetings as personal/professional viewpoints and plans attack opportunities and pi**ing contests.
Great team environment.
Volumetric Analyst II (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: demanding
Fast paced environment with supportive management. Great company to be with. Possibilities for advancement if desired.
Fascist leadership
No chance (Current Employee), No chanceDecember 27, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: fascists leadership
Look up the definition of fascism.
That is them.
Too many negative adjectives to list here (space not available)
1. Completion of Ground Disturbance Permits and Safe Work Permits. 2. Locating girth welds in the work area. 3. Supervision of excavation and exposure
Pipeline Integrity Inspector (Current Employee), London OntarioDecember 19, 2014
1. Completion of Ground Disturbance Permits and Safe Work Permits.
2. Locating girth welds in the work area.
3. Supervision of excavation and exposure of main line.
4. Supervision and documentation of mapping the affected areas of the main line.
5. Supervision of blasting and preparation of the affected area.
6. Supervision of sleeve welding, coating and backfilling of the work area.
7. Supervision of demobilization and final clean up.
8. Documentation and daily reporting of all stages of pipe maintenance procedures.
Overall good company to work for, but management is not acceptable
Support Business Assistant (Current Employee), AlbertaDecember 16, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: only hire contractors and fire them on a whim
The executive management is awesome and they have a stable business plan for many years. The problem with Enbridge is their direct reporting managers are either not real people leaders or not educated about the tasks and work flow. The business tools and the work processes are in transit constantly. I don't like the fact that they only hire contractors and fire them at a whim regularly. It is a difficult choice to stay here when the pay and benefits are good but the management needs a lot of improvement. Way too much politics! I like the safety culture.
On eofthe largest in pipelines
Senior Mechanical Technologist/ Specialist (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 8, 2014
Pros: trainings
Cons: frequent transfers
- One of the biggest oil distribution network
- Oil storage facilities all over Canada
Good Place
Land Admin (Current Employee), edmonton, ABOctober 27, 2014
Great Benefits
Good people
Good Salary
great enviroment
Very well paid but poor management
Document Control Administrator (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 23, 2014
Uneducated leaders could distroy the will to go to work.
It is a nice company to work for with family-work balance culture
Lack of clear procedures
Fin workplace
Project Development Lead (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 22, 2014
People is very supportive and great place to develop your career

1 2 3 4

About Enbridge

Enbridge, Inc. is an energy delivery company based in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. It focuses on transport and distribution of crude – Read more

Enbridge Photos