Enbridge Employee Review

Enbridge sub contractor.
Contractor - Powell Canada (Former Employee) –  Fort Mackay, AB9 January 2014
I worked on a site which included a pumping station, 2 vfd buildings, along with 2 high voltage substations, 4166v switch gear and 2 huge storage tanks. The project was interesting, I dealt with mainly tying in the high voltage to and from switch gear to substations, vfd bldgs, and pumps. Along with this I hooked up controls for vfd's, lighting circuits, pumps and remaining systems.

I worked for a subcontractor to Enbridge, we finished our contract in full prior to deadline, and without injury.

Was a fun show.

Other Enbridge Employee Reviews

Analyst
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 February 2018
Enbridge used to be a fantastic place to work for, but since the Spectra acquisition, they care more about their bottom line than they do their employees. Their work/life balance is hit or miss, depending on who you work for. Some floors, such as the Corporate Floors, talk about it, but don't really demonstrate it. Working hard is fine, doing overtime is fine, but it's expected. They say they don't want it, but because Corporate floors are all about optics, they care.

The Salary is okay, but it's far less than industry. I know other companies where they have employees doing the exact same capacity of work as I do, and they make almost 50% more.

Job Security doesn't exist anymore. There is so much uncertainty, you never know if you're going to stay or go. If you do get let go, you are done so very respectfully.

Management is hard to trust. I wonder how certain Directors got the job they have, making sexually inappropriate comments and not really caring for the Enbridge value of respect that exists. For some Directors, it's all about who they love, and if you don't fit their mold, you won't last. If Al Monaco heard the comments made by certain Directors, he would be out the door. But there is a strong impression that HR does not care for the employees and would rather save a Director than make the harassed employee feel comfortable. And because people are afraid for the jobs, they won't go and report everything they should. The work environment is NOT safe.

Culture sucks. Maybe it depends on the floor you work on, but it's not the same throughout
  more... the company. If you don't feel safe going to work, its definitely not the best place to be.  less
Pros
Great place to work if you are with the right crew
Cons
Managers don't care as much as they claim all the time.
Not a great place to work anymore.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 February 2018
Constant threat of down-sizing (while the top 10 increase their bonuses) makes this a stressful (toxic) environment. Current CEO is an accountant and bean-counting is his specialty - not a great place to work.
Pros
great people
Cons
short-sighted management; insecurity; stressed staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Enbridge. Our community is ready to answer.