Enbridge Employee Reviews

overall good experience to work in this company
Financial Analyst, Liquid Pipelines (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB19 September 2017
good place to work
friendly environment
good work life balance
flexible time and hours provision
good health and safety process
good aboriginal program in place.
Ok
Backup Administrator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 September 2017
With the ongoing changes in the work environment there is no longer any job security for certain departments. Prior to the changes for globalization it was an exemplary place to work at. Good work/life balance, good salary with great benefits. Management was typical for a large Enterprise environment.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Atmosphere has changed, now globalization and centralization, i.e. outsourcing
Great company. Great people
Senior Advisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 September 2017
I always received support for educational advancement and had a relatively healthy work life balance. The talented workforce was always a breath of fresh air and I thoroughly enjoyed my time there.
Pros
volunteerism, people, compensation, advancement, education
Cons
political, job security
Good atmosphere
Finance Admin Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chetwynd, BC11 September 2017
Good workplace atmosphere. Great hours. Some situations could have been dealt with more professionally by management. Very poor communication between management and employees.
Good salary
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 September 2017
Good salary, but large and complex organization to work in with lots of levels to navigate. Lots of layoffs lately due to the economy, and job security is very low.
Professional work environment, great atmosphere
Director of First Impressions (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 August 2017
I opened Reception at Enbridge front desk. Directly dealing with 80 + clients and phone calls a day. Directing the clientele to the proper personal upon arrival. Implemented security data management daily including dealing with access cards.

I learnt strong, professional communication skills. Dealing with clients in a high volume area made me learn how to multi task. Management gave me all the training guidelines to succeed and run the business smoothly.

Being the face of Enbridge when you walk through the door was the most important role. I set the vibe of the room and especially the client when they come through the door. I represented the core values of what Enbridge falls by.
Pros
workplace culture
Cons
not enough pay
Amazing
Current a Summer Student at Athabasca Facility (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB28 August 2017
Enbridge provides and work environment where everyone is welcome. They have your goals in mind they want you to grow with their company. Everyone is family within Enbridge
Enbridge Pipelines
Contract Editor, Engineering Documentation (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 August 2017
As a telecommuting contract editor, it is really not possible for me to provide a perceptive evaluation of this company. However, I can say that they did not live up to their commitment to me in terms of number of hours.
Change Management - IT way
I.T. Consultant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 August 2017
a contract job that serves to roll out email management by Endbridge staff.
Learned about the lack of professional ethics with respect to the emails staff store in their desktop computer hard drives.
Was able to see how the company functions from one department to another - disjointed disunited and disloyal
Pros
easy work weeks
Cons
having to walk long distance within downtown Edmonton from one building to another
Good
Compensation Advisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 August 2017
Large Company
good compensation and benefits
Training
Community Service
Structured systems
new HRIS
Strong financials and good run up of stock price recently
Great company
IT roles (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 August 2017
Enjoyed many years at Enbridge and have only good things to say about the company. Every business has its challenges and Enbridge is no exception. I would return if the restructuring and right fit was available.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Restructuring
Company with a good work culture and safety.
Senior Infrastructure Analyst - IT Operations (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 August 2017
Company with a good work culture and safety. Been through a lot of technology changes that have developed my design and troubleshooting skills. Most enjoyable part was my team.
Pros
Work/life balance.
Productive Work Place
Program Logistic Coordinator/FCA/Administrator/HSA (Current Employee) –  Alberta Avenue, AB28 July 2017
Enbridge ensures that there is a Productive work place environment. Strong safety, community and team atmosphere. Its great working in a strong team - everyone supports each other to achieve the ultimate success.
Pros
Great People
Cons
Downtown work
Enjoyable experience with a great team.
Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  Cheecham, AB17 July 2017
Throughout management of two projects it was a great experience with the normal ups & downs of any job. Once the management restructuring started taking place the bottom dollar outweighed keeping competent, experienced personnel in place.
Pros
Sense of accomplishment, great team environment
Cons
Long days & shifts away from home
Good work environment, solid company
Plant Operations Leader (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 July 2017
Positive company growth and daily progression. Very business orientated through all ranks. Good safety culture. Company promotes learning and a healthy work/life balance.
Dynamic
Project Planning Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 July 2017
A place to learn more, people's respect is of importance from top management below. Opinions are for the most part given a chance. Job security is not base on performance though.
Disappointment
Safety Advisor (Former Employee) –  ottawa, canada30 June 2017
I was disappointed when I was laid off with the rest of the safety personnel.

Just got positive letters from the Public Service Commission and the Health Department for health and safety programs we were doing for our employees, their family members and our customers
Reactive not Proactive company that is starting to put safety and employees last.
Control Room Operator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 June 2017
People Leaders do not have the best interests of employees in mind and do not care about employee development.

Company constantly increases workload without compensation or safety as a consideration.

The mentality is Employees are lucky to have jobs here.

Constantly makes policy changes without employee consultation.

Moral is extremely low.

Salaries and benefits are not competitive.
Values of company
Sr. Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 June 2017
In my experience all values are dramas. No freedom to employees for highlighting beneficial aspects for company. Buddy system for jobs. No appreciation for performances, etc.
Amazing company to work for
RECORDS ANALYST (Former Employee) –  North York, ON20 June 2017
Typical day at Enbridge was interesting from start to finish. There was never a dull moment or an opportunity to learn new things missed. There was always room to grow and an abundance of people willing to help you learn all aspects of the business. Hardest thing about the job was leaving and the most enjoyable was the satisfaction of getting the work/project completed on time.
Pros
flexibility and training
Cons
project work and contracts - no full time positions

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Enbridge. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval