Enbridge

Enbridge Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Work-life balance? It does not exist at Enbridge...but you will get paid well!
Support Services (Former Employee), EdmontonJuly 24, 2014
Pros: great salary and benefits
Cons: zero work-life balance, long hours, politics
With 7 years of service, I made the choice to leave because I was tired of regularly working 11 hours days (2.5 of those unpaid...there is no overtime at Enbridge for salaried employees). This was the norm, not the exception.

Enbridge speaks publicly and often about "core values - Integrity, Safety and Respect" and then doesn't follow them. There are a lot of personal agendas that are in conflict with the core values.

The pace of work is dynamic and lots of decisions must be made, but there is often "paralysis by analysis" and a vetting process that requires 100 levels to get approval for anything.

Enbridge pays very well, but the expectation is that you work long hours and weekends. God forbid there is a pipeline release, because then you will be privileged to be deployed to remote work locations to work 18-hour days (with no compensation) in adverse conditions.

If you are only concerned about the fat paycheque and good benefits, this is the place for you.
A company to grow with
Senior Document Control Coordinator (Current Employee), EdmontonJuly 17, 2015
Pros: Good work enviroment
Cons: Long home to office commute, expensive parking
At Enbridge yoy get all the support to grow in your current role or to develop new skills and move on to your next position.
Immigrating from Germany to Canada in 2007, Enbridge gave me the opportunity to start a new career in a field i had no previous experience. But I always liked to challenge myself.
Ar Enbridge we have a very supporting management and you can always rely on them. Same for my co-workers. At Enbridge it`s all about being part of a team, something i really much appreciate.
The hardest part of the job is my commute to the work location in Downtown Edmonton as i am living out by Tofield. Parking is also very expensive.
And last but not least, the most enjoyable part are my co-workers to whom i have a very respectful, friendship-like relationship.
Great place to work and learn
Pipeline Inspector (Current Employee), oshawa,ONMay 9, 2014
Pros: company vehicle
Cons: long hours no overtime
A typical day is getting to site before crews checking and validating locates and located areas work with builders and other crews to work safely and create good production. i learned alot about hyrdo main and services, water ,bell and rogers services and main also worked with steel main and plastic main bore shot and drilling crews worked with foreman to make sure tssa and mol laws and regualtions were followed. hardest part of my job is working with different crews to follow and work with guidelines without conflict, most enjoyable part is finishing a service or a site and getting good clean records back and on time also working safe and keep the gas in the pipe with no damages.
Don't work in Calgary head office as an admin
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), CalgaryMarch 20, 2014
Pros: salary is decent
Cons: expected to attend lunch meetings but lunches are no longer provided
You will be viewed as a 2nd or 3rd class citizen. Workload is untenable. You will not receive recognition and will be left out of all celebrations. Unless of course you are tasked with organizing them.

The admins are the biggest gossipers and will throw you under the bus if they don't like you. It's a vipers nest and is most unprofessional.

Admins are expected to be yes people and are treated as slaves.

Bullying of admins is rampant and it's always the admin that gets let go.

If you value your work / life balance do not apply here. Many of us are looking for jobs at other companies because of the toxic work environment.
Well balnced employer, providing great benefits
Collections / Call Center Manager (Former Employee), TorontoJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: good work life balance schedule
Cons: lacking career path opportunities
A typical day consisted of setting up customer contact calling lists, review budget and forecast targets. Handling of direct reports challenges, coaching of staff. Calls with external vendors related to performance targets an goals.

Management lacked mentoring proficiency

Co-workers were very supportive and able to cover my key tasks if absent.

The hardest part of the job was that there was frequently a change in direction and 1-2 year plans changed monthly.

the most enjoyable part were first 3.5 years that involved set up and implementation of external vendors and service providers.
Overall good company to work for, but management is not acceptable
Support Business Assistant (Current Employee), AlbertaDecember 16, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: only hire contractors and fire them on a whim
The executive management is awesome and they have a stable business plan for many years. The problem with Enbridge is their direct reporting managers are either not real people leaders or not educated about the tasks and work flow. The business tools and the work processes are in transit constantly. I don't like the fact that they only hire contractors and fire them at a whim regularly. It is a difficult choice to stay here when the pay and benefits are good but the management needs a lot of improvement. Way too much politics! I like the safety culture.
Great earning potential in the summer
TAPS Technician/Representative (Former Employee), Durham regionSeptember 14, 2012
Pros: meeting different people, great earning potential for student, work at my own pace
Cons: summer is too short
It is a door-to-door free energy products distribution position. I was given an area in the Durham region and to bring the energy saving product to the chosen households. I was working all on my own and I planned my own route and schedule. I also input the customers' info on the computer spreadsheet and report to the leader once a week. I learned to effectively communicate and present the products to the customers. Since I am a hard working person, I enjoyed working fast pace in a commission based position.
Enbridge is an excellent company to work for both in terms of work environment and support from the higher management.
Senior Quality Engineer (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 2, 2016
Pros: Team work, communication at all levels, management support.
Cons: Some processes are not very clear but company is working to achieve this goal.
Enbridge is an excellent company to work for. I worked at Enbridge for 8 years both in Toronto and in Edmonton.

I worked in different departments in eight years and developed processes and procedures for the Major Projects Team in Quality Assurance in Business Development. Also worked for three and a half years in project execution and two years in Engineering & Construction.
I have worked on projects for Enbridge in the past and found them very good to work with.
Senior Pipeline construction Inspector (Current Employee), Canada or wherever the project is locatedMay 21, 2012
Pros: lots of healthy fresh air...
Cons: often dangerous work, in sometimes very harsh conditions
My work day starts at 6:00 am when I turn in my report for the previous day's progress and attend a work meeting and discuss any problems with the work, etc. Head out for the worksite at 6:30am and stay on the site ensuring a high degree of quality and safety is achieved through the day,until the crew leaves the site for the day...repeat until a successful completion has been achieved.
Excellent place to work
Work Management Clerk (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONNovember 13, 2012
• Prepare gas applications
• Utilize SAP for completing gas applications
• Customer service, assisting contractors with completion of gas applications
• Working with sales for billing and main extensions projects
• Working with Enbridge systems to map gas mains, indicate farm taps, vertical headers and main extension projects.
• Deal with contractors to ensure services are completed on time and meter installations are accurate

Great co-workers and team atmosphere. Enjoy the challenges of when the busy season comes around.
Professional Team
Capital Assets Supervisor - AER and Other (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 28, 2013
Pros: many opportunities to learn
Cons: job functions are little narrow compared with my prior responsibilities.
At Enbridge, I have the rare opportunity of working with highly intelligent people, With such a large organization, I am learning and growing every day. It is a pleasure to work with my manager and my own staffs. My colleagues are very supportive of each other.

The most enjoyable part is that I am exploring new territories every day. At the same time, it is the most challenging part of my job as well.
Amazing job, Great people, Lots of work to do,
Project Execution Manager (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 22, 2015
Pros: amazing projects
Enbridge is one of the most amazing places to work, with very interesting projects and lots of incredible people, also diverse people from other cultures, cultures and backgrounds, just amazing... Work environment is a true challenge, There is always lots of things to do and learn, extremely competitive... I enjoy working in the city, have learned lots from my job and from the people i worked with, specially my managers.. It was one of the best jobs ever and did why know mostly.
Enbridge sub contractor.
Contractor - Powell Canada (Former Employee), Fort Mackay, ABJanuary 9, 2014
I worked on a site which included a pumping station, 2 vfd buildings, along with 2 high voltage substations, 4166v switch gear and 2 huge storage tanks. The project was interesting, I dealt with mainly tying in the high voltage to and from switch gear to substations, vfd bldgs, and pumps. Along with this I hooked up controls for vfd's, lighting circuits, pumps and remaining systems.

I worked for a subcontractor to Enbridge, we finished our contract in full prior to deadline, and without injury.

Was a fun show.
Politics beyond anything I've experienced before
IT Consultant (Former Employee), CalgaryFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: i was well paid.
Cons: everything except pay.
I've worked with small, medium, large, and multi-nationals. As well as government. And never before did I experience the intensity and excessiveness of internal politics, strife, and game-playing.

The management would say one thing to your face and the exact opposite (negative, obviously) behind your back.

Senior Management individuals would use meetings as personal/professional viewpoints and plans attack opportunities and pi**ing contests.
Management with Personal and Political Agendas
Human Resources (Former Employee), EdmontonApril 7, 2015
Pros: Good pay
Cons: Bad management
Enbridge talks about consolidation of people and processes, yet appears unable to align standards for the multiple business units that operate under their own personal agendas. Politics are rampant among BU's with in-fighting between similar departments such as health and safety. Training is hit or miss depending on your manager, department and BU. Suspect the good pay received while employed there was the trade-off.
A leader in Records Management
Records Integrity Lead (Current Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 24, 2015
Pros: Opportunity
Cons: Capital budget constraints can limit progress
Enbridge is and old company with electronic and paper records which date back to the early part of the last century. There is a very real concern at the company that the records are accurate and that they are available when required. The company is proactive about establishing a searchable and safe storage environment for its asset records.
Great company with strong work ethic and great employee bonding strategies to create a strong team.
Valve Technician / Work Management Clerk (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 22, 2015
Pros: Gym on site, free coffee and team lunches
Cons: Communication
Enbridge was a great company to work for, they offered flex time, a great environment for work friends and advancements and provided all the necessary training and tools for success.They hosted bi- weekly team meetings and exorcises to create strong work teams.
With Enbridge you travel a lot and that I enjoy
Inspector (Former Employee), East Central AlbertaMarch 12, 2015
Pros: travel
Cons: jobs not lasting
My day was a lot of travel interacting with a lot of different crews and new challenges each day
My biggest thing that I have learnt in dealing with so many people is to make sure everyone is clear on there roll and to be working in a safe manner. My biggest fear is someone getting hurt
My co-workers most are very enjoyable to be around but some are very challenging
Enbridge is an outstanding employer!
Executive Assistant /Corporate Meeting Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 23, 2015
Pros: Recognized for professional and personal achievements, hard work and personal development.
Cons: No issues come to mind.
Enbridge is an outstanding employer, the corporate culture is professional and respectful. Enbridge is also a community leader both domestically and nationally. The companies high standard of ethics mirrored my own.
n/a
Rather not say (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 16, 2015
Pros: great people
Cons: lots of long hours working into the evenings and weekends to keep up with demanding work load
Conservative company but well respected.

Long demanding hours of work with little to no opportunity for advancement. Executive Management Team encourages a balanced work/life enviroment however easier said than done.

Great people to work with for the most part.