Enbridge Employee Reviews

Quite simply the best place I have ever worked - Great people and management!
Contractor - Consultant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 August 2016
Roughly 2.5 years with Enbridge, for such a large company they've managed to remain relatively agile and free from the overwhelming bureaucracy and politics that afflict some of their peers.

The company genuinely cares about people and the environment, it's not a culture that penalizes people for speaking up and doing the right thing, it's a culture that encourages this sort of behaviour.

They pay competitively and work very hard to retain good talent and develop young employees into future leaders.

Well done Enbridge.
Pros
Culture, teamwork, compensation.
Cons
It's the best job you will ever quit.
Worst manager ever to work for
NA (Former Employee) –  Emdonton14 September 2016
Enjoyed my time at Enbridge however manager was the worst person in my life that I have ever worked for. Manager talked about coworkers when they weren't around and even discussed openly about someone getting fired. He only liked people that kissed butt and I unfortunately was not one of them so that's why I no longer work there. It's too bad but hopefully I can say it's the best thing that has happened to me one day.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Worst manager ever
Good for settling down and becoming a robot
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 October 2016
It is split into 2 groups, the unionized employees and the non-unionized employees. this system doesn't work.

The unionized employees have either tried to advance and failed or are of the old breed where you do one thing your whole life and are complacent with that. the only way to advance within it is to get out of if, and the only true way to do that is to go above and beyond whats required of you... which goes against the union rules. So long unpaid hours that no one but your manager knows about.

the non-union people are salary and worked very hard, usually 70 hours. constantly stressed and worried about their jobs.

It puts those who want to advance in a bad place... your choices are either try to become something there and be stressed/overworked and underpaid... or be unionized and deal with a job that realistically will be obsolete in 5-10 years and hope for a good pension and pays well for what it is... typically a mindless data entry job.
Pros
unionized employees have an easy job and easy life
Cons
if you want a challenging or insteresting job, you have to put up with being treated terribly and being underpaid.
the people
Asset Class Manager, Customer Safety & Compliance (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 October 2016
great group of people to work with who are supportive. compensation for employees is competitive. good development opportunities for engineers in the organization, developed some strong friendships with people I have worked with over the years.
Pros
salary, benefits, bonus, people
Cons
employee team building activities have reduced over the years
Solid company with high attention to safety and employee engagement
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON5 October 2016
Enbridge offers its employees thousands of training courses and advancement opportunities with a wide range of career options. Excellent benefits and compensation in a fair and well balanced work environment.
Pros
Compensation and benefits
Good Work Environment
Network Administrator II (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 November 2016
Nice place to work. Job is not secure these days because of oil crisis world wide otherwise very good salary and culture.
Excellent place to work
Solutions Architect (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 October 2016
Enbridge is a great place to work. There is a work life balance, everyone is treated with respect. You are encouraged to keep an open communication with any leadership team member. It doesn't constrict you to a vertical mindset.There is a great awareness for the community, education, employee health and growth. The people are great, the culture is great. I would recommend working at Enbridge to anyone!
Managment could use a change out
Facilities/Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 August 2016
Enbridge is a very top heavy and bureaucratic company that is highly disorganized and has lots of waste. Enbridge's management usually care more about meeting arbitrarily defined measurable than innovating and trying to create efficiencies. however some managers are great but most are not. Management is usually unable to properly plan project staffing requirements and leave the people that are there to perform extra work without recognition.
Job insecurity
Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 October 2016
Professional, hard working, legally aligned, good management and co-workers, flexibility of working hours keeping in mind the core hours with approval of your People Leader, online and hands-on self learning
Pros
a day off per month to meet with doctors/ personal committments
Cons
do not pay for extra hours of working
Great place to utilize your talents in a professional organized environment.
EHS Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 May 2016
Enbridge especially Enbridge Pipelines is absolutely one of the best companies to work for anywhere. I loved working there. Leaving Enbridge was the hardest decision I ever made because the workers, EHS staff, and management were so genuine, supportive, and walked the talk.

Enbridge Pipeline executives would personally know every employee, ask for our input, demonstrate safety values, and recognize performance.

Almost every Enbridge employee knew other workers cared about them and the company. I really miss them and still wonder if leaving the Enbridge family for a job title was worth it in the end.
Pros
Believed in employees and gave us the chance to contribute to the company.
Cons
Not enough companies like Enbridge.
Decent place to work in a semi-stable industry
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 October 2016
Newly renovated offices in Calgary with a very familial atmosphere amongst employees. Growing size of company is adding complexity and will likely harm the culture going forward.
Review on EGD
HR Coordinator/Subject Matter Expert (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 October 2016
Enbridge is a great company to work. Unfortunately, they are currently going through a significant structural change to evolve with the times of the ever changing workforce.
I have had many good years at Enbridge. The people are fantastic and everyone works like a family.
I was HR SME, in data analytics, recruitment and event coordination.
productive and fun work place
Senior Project Planner/Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 August 2016
It was certainly a very pleasant experience to work at a great company like Enbridge Pipelines and I had an opportunity to work with some really bright individuals and leaders.
I am sure that the knowledge and experience that I am taking away from Enbridge will immensely benefit me in my future.
There are lots of "pros" and "cons" which very from department to department. Some of them are productive and it was pleasure to work for.
Supervisor, Engineering (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 April 2016
Enbridge used to be a better company several years ago. From my point of view, the senior management/executives have promoted people with lack of knowledge and poor personality skills. It is a tendency to promote people from project control personnel who usually don't have enough understanding of design and construction.
But in general, Enbridge is a good company with potential for improvement.
Great Company
BUSINESS/FUNCTIONAL ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 October 2016
Enbridge is a great company to work for. It is a stable and comfortable environment. I would recommend everyone to apply to work for Enbridge
Fun place to work with lots of kids
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 November 2016
Enjoy everyday working with kids and other co-workers. always learning with the children around.

Learned about supporting each other when needed .
Pros
Free lunches and snacks every day
Cons
Only Part Time
A challenging complexity to be approached with courageous diligence and leadership in an orgample: Productive and fun workplace with ping pong table
Project Manager / Developing Engineer Lead (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 March 2016
A typical day at work was following the outlined plan in an average of 70% as it was and allowing 30% for addressing always emerging unplanned requirements.
I learned the value of moral courage in embracing diligently the due diligence for a dependable company business and success
The management style that the company really valued was in the helping others to succeed and earnestly care about them.
Very collaborative co-workers environment and highly professional.
The hardest part of the job was the challenging of the thinking of politically savvy by pushing harder the best solutions which not always were the most popular. A lot of persistence, persuasiveness and assertiveness were to be relentlessly exercised at the order of very day.
I loved so much to put creativity into projects fullfilment
Pros
Countless resources for learning how to do things and putting them into practice
Cons
Business and operational process complexity
Enbridge is a well run and organized company with Safety as a core value.
CONTRACT COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 July 2016
Enbridge personnel were very accommodating. The onboarding was above par. The offices were well appointed. Srtaff were accessible and forthcoming in providing information and assistance when asked. I enjoyed working there.
Pros
Professional Organization
Overall good company to work for, but management is not acceptable
Support Business Assistant (Current Employee) –  Alberta16 December 2014
The executive management is awesome and they have a stable business plan for many years. The problem with Enbridge is their direct reporting managers are either not real people leaders or not educated about the tasks and work flow. The business tools and the work processes are in transit constantly. I don't like the fact that they only hire contractors and fire them at a whim regularly. It is a difficult choice to stay here when the pay and benefits are good but the management needs a lot of improvement. Way too much politics! I like the safety culture.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Only hire contractors and fire them on a whim
Enbridge is an excellent company to work for both in terms of work environment and support from the higher management.
Senior Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 February 2016
Enbridge is an excellent company to work for. I worked at Enbridge for 8 years both in Toronto and in Edmonton.

I worked in different departments in eight years and developed processes and procedures for the Major Projects Team in Quality Assurance in Business Development. Also worked for three and a half years in project execution and two years in Engineering & Construction.
Pros
Team work, communication at all levels, management support.
Cons
Some processes are not very clear but company is working to achieve this goal.