Keep our bits flowing and other bits out. How? By planning, designing and maintaining our data networks and servers; providing technical support to users; and administering the day-to-day operation of Enbala’s networks and servers.
- Support a mixed team of office jockeys and road warriors who love their technology.
- Very interested in both security and productivity, and in learning how to evaluate the trade-offs.
- Improve efficiency of IT infrastructure and processes.
- Review work products of other team members.
- Communicate status and issues with management and the rest of the team.
- Actively look for opportunities for improvement to the team’s work processes and products.
- Share experience. Look for opportunities to teach and to learn
Required Skills and Knowledge
- Degree in computer science or information technology plus 1-2 years’ experience or equivalent relevant experience
- Detailed knowledge of Windows desktop and server environments.
- Knowledge of wide area networking infrastructure and protocols.
- Some experience with Unix server environments.
- Patience, keen to learn, and good communication skills.
- Some experience with security standards and best practices.
- Scripting experience in both Windows and Unix environments.
ENBALA’s IT environment is a peer-driven team. Members are expected to be self-motivated, understand the goals of the company and the team, and apply that knowledge in establishing their daily tasks. They should communicate their understanding with other team members daily or as needed.
The IT team reports to the Senior Network Administrator.
The work environment is typically an office environment with limited travel requirements to different data centres.
Interested candidates should apply directly on line at: http://www.enbala.com/CONTACT.php?sub=Careers
Winner of numerous awards in recognition of its leadership, innovation, and clean technology, ENBALA Power Networks is proud to be part of...