Our client is a leading Canadian manufacturer of plumbing and heating valves and fittings for the North American market. Located in the GTA, they service the Wholesale Distribution, Retail and OEM markets across North America with the leading market share in Canada and an increasing presence in the U.S.
Seeking an experienced V.P. of Sales to aggressively pursue share and profitability in both markets, he/she will be part of the Executive team that develops and executes the strategies to ensure continued growth and increasing profitability.
Responsibilities include building, leading and motivating a high performance Sales team to achieve “best in class” results. Active in maintaining/strengthening existing account relationships while building new ones, travel of approximately 25% will be required.
Working with the Marketing, Finance and Operations departments to set annual forecasts and Business Plans, he/she will have an active role in developing the messaging and support materials required to achieve approves objectives.
He/she will have direct input into the New Product Development process, communicating customer feedback and insight that will shape their current and future offerings in existing and new markets. Compensation will reflect the seniority and performance of this position.
Description of role and tasks:
- Developing an aggressive sales plan to take the products to market
- Identifying, pursing and closing potential channel partnerships
- Hiring and managing a sales team to execute your sales plan
- Managing all aspects of deal flow from introduction to delivery and beyond
- Working with the leaders of the marketing, finance and manufacturing teams to set targets and timelines
- Collecting feedback and insights from consumers and communicating them to the product development team
- Working with the marketing team to develop sales materials & collaterals
- Evaluating sales staff and sales agencies in order to optimize results.
Qualities and experience:
- Extensive experience selling into wholesale, retail and OEM channels, with a focus on consumer plumbing materials.
- Understanding of customers and markets
- A strong network of contacts in specialty and big box retailers
- Experience with new product introductions
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and insight
- Self-directed & motivated performer
- Strong track record of developing channels
Interested applicants are asked to forward their resumes quoting File # DVPSALES. Only those applicants being considered will be contacted.