Emterra Group Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Cant even put into words
Side loader (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON13 November 2017
I've never complained about a job before. This place is the definition of slave labor. I feel bad for the people that are there. Trucks are falling apart, supervisors push past human limits. The injury rate is unbeleivable.
Pros
Hmmm
Cons
Would rather gouge my eyes out with plastic forks than work here
Loader (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON4 November 2017
Management is terrible and thrive from grief and pain. 10/10 say don't apply. I would never recommend such a hole in the wall to anyone. More importantly the washrooms are kept unclean and trucks are always broken. Very corrupt place
Hazardous Job with unqualified management
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC9 September 2017
A typical day included sorting through our city's recycling, cleaning loading and organizing. Workers in this position typically earned $13, from $10 after a union was brought in, due to some previously unsavory work practices and management. Unfortunately management is still unqualified with workers assigning their own tasks, and operating machines with no prior training or supervision. The job is still extremely hazardous, with workers on the line exposed to needles, sharp glass, soiled laundry, human and animal waste, dangerous construction materials such as asbestos, acids, concrete dust etc, without the proper protective equipment such as water proof gloves or mandatory respirators. Would not recommend working with this company if you value your health.
Pros
Above minimum wage, long hours
Cons
very hazardous, low morale, bad supervision and management
Unhealthy environment
Side loader (Former Employee) –  St catharines3 June 2017
Low pay ,,, lots of drama corruption within management and favoured workers .., drug abuse is a huge issue not taken serious, worker safety is last concern., equipment is dated not maintained,
A waste management company that thrives on slave labour
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC19 July 2016
There is no company culture or values to speak of. The top management is always chasing the latest fad in the industry. It became "big" at the expense of its employees and smaller competitors. Equipment and facilities are outdated. Management has no concern for the workers. The company bought out its competitors for pennies to the dollar. For the homeless, working there as swampers or sorters is better than having no income at all.
Pros
better than being unemployed
Cons
everything else
Lighting myself on fire would be less painful
Driver loader (Former Employee) –  London, ON, Brantford ON3 March 2016
I worked... No wait slaved here for what felt like an eternity. Summer was 55 plus hours a week.
Winter was over 75 hours a week.
Outdated unsafe equipment, horrible management... And as for Emmy...if you're desperate then I guess. But there's a lot better places to work.
Pros
Killer paychecks
Cons
You don't matter in anyway shape or for, if you drop dead you're replaced and forgotten instantly.
worst job environment I've ever worked in
driver (Former Employee) –  BC19 November 2015
low pay. very long days. little to no training provided. if you asked 5 people how to do a task you would get 5 very different answers. do yourself a favour and don't waste your time.
Pros
Working by yourself.
Cons
Everything.
Good Job
Recycling Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON15 August 2012
I liked working for emterra when i worked there.There were a few times that were challenging but i made it thru it.I would work there again if i need to.