Emterra Group Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
A waste management company that thrives on slave labour
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC19 July 2016
There is no company culture or values to speak of. The top management is always chasing the latest fad in the industry. It became "big" at the expense of its employees and smaller competitors. Equipment and facilities are outdated. Management has no concern for the workers. The company bought out its competitors for pennies to the dollar. For the homeless, working there as swampers or sorters is better than having no income at all.
Pros
better than being unemployed
Cons
everything else
Lighting myself on fire would be less painful
Driver loader (Former Employee) –  London, ON, Brantford ON3 March 2016
I worked... No wait slaved here for what felt like an eternity. Summer was 55 plus hours a week.
Winter was over 75 hours a week.
Outdated unsafe equipment, horrible management... And as for Emmy...if you're desperate then I guess. But there's a lot better places to work.
Pros
Killer paychecks
Cons
You don't matter in anyway shape or for, if you drop dead you're replaced and forgotten instantly.
worst job environment I've ever worked in
driver (Former Employee) –  BC19 November 2015
low pay. very long days. little to no training provided. if you asked 5 people how to do a task you would get 5 very different answers. do yourself a favour and don't waste your time.
Pros
Working by yourself.
Cons
Everything.
Good Job
Recycling Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON15 August 2012
I liked working for emterra when i worked there.There were a few times that were challenging but i made it thru it.I would work there again if i need to.