EMTERRA ENVIRONMENTAL Employee Reviews

constructive work place
Electrical Technician (Current Employee) –  1122 Pioneer Rd,Burlington,ON L7M1K412 August 2016
Learned technical skills how to use different tools.The management and co-workers are very co-operative and helpful.Change the heavy machinery during any breakdown is challenging but troubleshooting is the most interesting part of this job
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
work load during faults
New office facing many challenges but growing rapidly, exciting, challenging and rewarding accomplishments
Administration (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK18 January 2016
Constantly facing growing pains but as a team we work together to overcome the challenges, plenty of learning opportunities.

Our GM is fair, open and has a sense of humor as do all the employees.
Pros
understanding management
Continuous hard work
Curb Side Pick up (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON10 July 2016
I would arrive at work around 7 and wait for the trucks to fill out and be called to my truck number, i would then be paired with a driver and we would make our way to our area of the city. We would begin where directed and follow a directional pathway until all areas was cleared. Then we would head to the dump to unload and clean the truck drive back to the yard and park the truck.
Pros
Constant movement good pay
Cons
The Smell
Steer Clear
office (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC1 December 2015
Horrible company to work for or to do a contract with. Pay sucks and employees and vendors get no respect from the company. Some have been there 20 years and and never got a raise..shameful.....If you do contract work for her you could and will wait months and months to get paid for work done. Does not care as long as it stays in her account as long as it can.
Pros
non
Garbage, recycling, and yard waste collection.
Truck driver helper (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB13 November 2016
This is a fast paced job with a lot of heavy lifting and overtime. This job will take you all over the city, to every neighborhood.
alright job
Parts Person (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB17 June 2016
good job to work for didnt really like sitting in one spot all day tho i like to learn new thing thats one thing about this job you need to know what your doing in order to enjoy the job im not really a parts person i enjoy heavy labor and working with my hands.
never a shortage of work, lots of chances to learn and use machinery
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Cumberland, BC10 January 2016
was good for the fact that i got lots of overtime , got to learn how to fix and maintain bobcats , forklifts and how to operate several different heavy machines etc
Pros
overtime, and the chance to learn
Cons
not professionaly run, very dangerous at times
Unwilling to advertise or decal and wash trucks
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC5 July 2012
Lots of pressure to get sales, but no support on the operations side. They have crappiest trucks that have old obsolete branding on them, they refuse to put the current company name/logo on the trucks, the never wash the trucks, the trucks are always breaking down, they refuse to paint the plant and update it's branding/logo, and the paint they use on their dumpsters fades to very ugly colours. But don't worry, they are no where near the cheapest disposal company in Nanaimo, that would be Haarsma. So if you want to sell a low end bargain basement service at a premium price, this is your new employer!
Pros
hours are good
Cons
see above
Wouldn't send my worst enemy there
Ex driver (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg6 March 2013
If you like having no life, working from 6:30am till10pm most times, then by all means, have at it. Management in complete disarray, let alone about 70% of the public in Winnipeg complete A.H's.
Pros
the pay with the all the ot
Cons
everything else
Promising company need major structure overhaul
Manager (Current Employee) –  Canada27 May 2012
People are great , need a lot of directions and proper chain of command. Good company to work for under the right structure and managers. Urgently need roles and responsibility to be in order as well as a procedures to hold workers and manager accountable with proper disciplinary policies.
Cons
very long days/ hours.
a very productive night
Sorter (Former Employee) –  henry ave winnipeg MB27 May 2013
whenever im working at this company every night my day would be complete because of what we do there it's a fast paced work, mostly i enjoy to work with other people they're very friendly.
Run away as fast as you can
supervisor (Former Employee) –  winnipeg31 March 2013
This company has no respect what so ever for their employees. I would not send my worst enemy to work there.
Cons
everything
Better than welfare!!
Driver/Loader (Current Employee) –  St. Catherines,ON16 February 2014
Well if your sick of sitting at home playing Playstation all day, and welfare just doesn't cut it anymore then this company might be for you!!
Pros
N/A
Cons
NONE
boring work place
Sorter (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB11 March 2013
recyclable stuff are too cold during winter and it's very dusty during summer
Pros
repetitive job
Cons
dusty workplace