EMTERRA ENVIRONMENTAL Employee Reviews

Great Company to work with
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON28 June 2017
I love working at Emterra. I am here for last 7 years and always get appreciated/awarded for my Work. Its always give and take. If company needs you, you have to be there and then company will definitely take care of you whenever needed. Enjoying everything at Emterra.
Pros
Lunches/Barbecues
Cons
Give an take
Private company
Accounts Receivable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC31 May 2017
This company is a private company and the owner has all say. The accounting is a mess. The company always hired people has no working experience on the position, so it's hard to train new employee.
coffee breaks
Swamper/Labourer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB24 May 2017
Monday to friday was typical workday Weekends where not as bad sometimes 7 days a week around the clock learned more bout what was good for foot wear ,Work as a team.hardest was when you worked alone for few days getting your hours and making lots of over time
Pros
free water
Cons
14 hours
Day At Work
Scale Operator (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC2 May 2017
Not a nice environment. Keep getting popped with Elastic. Supervisor gets uncomfortable when approached questions. But we keep our heads down and get the job done.
Pros
Free Launches
Cons
Getting blame for others mistake
Loved my job there but they were falling apart.
Curbside Garbage Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON14 February 2017
Unorganized workplace
I enjoyed my job at Emterra, but they are completely unorganized and we, as employees, never knew whether we were coming or goin. Many accidents as well but made some very valuable friends..
Pros
Paid for meals, good pay, awesome friends and loved the workout
Cons
Long hours, lacking communication with managers, let go for reasons beyond my control (medical)
If your not from a staffing agency all of this is worthless
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON2 February 2017
I would congratulate the business on having a good atmosphere though the office is separate from the field work that the pitchmen and drivers are accustomed to. The CSR staff are highly engaging and are very often undervalued from anyone outside of the St.Catharines location. Tensions with the public are a constant part of the municipal agreement and usually are the talk of the day.
The shining light in the distance for most would be the casual dress code. Free movement when a position becomes available is completely allowed from my current understanding.
Pros
Great culture, Casual dress
Garbage, recycling, and yard waste collection.
Truck driver helper (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB13 November 2016
This is a fast paced job with a lot of heavy lifting and overtime. This job will take you all over the city, to every neighborhood.
constructive work place
Electrical Technician (Current Employee) –  1122 Pioneer Rd,Burlington,ON L7M1K412 August 2016
Learned technical skills how to use different tools.The management and co-workers are very co-operative and helpful.Change the heavy machinery during any breakdown is challenging but troubleshooting is the most interesting part of this job
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
work load during faults
Continuous hard work
Curb Side Pick up (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON10 July 2016
I would arrive at work around 7 and wait for the trucks to fill out and be called to my truck number, i would then be paired with a driver and we would make our way to our area of the city. We would begin where directed and follow a directional pathway until all areas was cleared. Then we would head to the dump to unload and clean the truck drive back to the yard and park the truck.
Pros
Constant movement good pay
Cons
The Smell
alright job
Parts Person (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB17 June 2016
good job to work for didnt really like sitting in one spot all day tho i like to learn new thing thats one thing about this job you need to know what your doing in order to enjoy the job im not really a parts person i enjoy heavy labor and working with my hands.
New office facing many challenges but growing rapidly, exciting, challenging and rewarding accomplishments
Administration (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK18 January 2016
Constantly facing growing pains but as a team we work together to overcome the challenges, plenty of learning opportunities.

Our GM is fair, open and has a sense of humor as do all the employees.
Pros
understanding management
Cons
never a shortage of work, lots of chances to learn and use machinery
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Cumberland, BC10 January 2016
was good for the fact that i got lots of overtime , got to learn how to fix and maintain bobcats , forklifts and how to operate several different heavy machines etc
Pros
overtime, and the chance to learn
Cons
not professionaly run, very dangerous at times
low budget company bad equipment
Driver (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON5 December 2015
the companies trucks are really old and very bed maintenance, I learned what it is like to work for a company that doesn't invest in the maintenance of their fleet
Pros
in the country
Cons
not enough hours
Steer Clear
office (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC1 December 2015
Horrible company to work for or to do a contract with. Pay sucks and employees and vendors get no respect from the company. Some have been there 20 years and and never got a raise..shameful.....If you do contract work for her you could and will wait months and months to get paid for work done. Does not care as long as it stays in her account as long as it can.
Pros
non
Better than welfare!!
Driver/Loader (Current Employee) –  St. Catherines,ON16 February 2014
Well if your sick of sitting at home playing Playstation all day, and welfare just doesn't cut it anymore then this company might be for you!!
Pros
N/a
a very productive night
Sorter (Former Employee) –  henry ave winnipeg MB27 May 2013
whenever im working at this company every night my day would be complete because of what we do there it's a fast paced work, mostly i enjoy to work with other people they're very friendly.
Run away as fast as you can
supervisor (Former Employee) –  winnipeg31 March 2013
This company has no respect what so ever for their employees. I would not send my worst enemy to work there.
Cons
everything
boring work place
Sorter (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB11 March 2013
recyclable stuff are too cold during winter and it's very dusty during summer
Pros
repetitive job
Cons
dusty workplace
Wouldn't send my worst enemy there
Ex driver (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg6 March 2013
If you like having no life, working from 6:30am till10pm most times, then by all means, have at it. Management in complete disarray, let alone about 70% of the public in Winnipeg complete A.H's.
Pros
the pay with the all the ot
Cons
everything else
Unwilling to advertise or decal and wash trucks
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC5 July 2012
Lots of pressure to get sales, but no support on the operations side. They have crappiest trucks that have old obsolete branding on them, they refuse to put the current company name/logo on the trucks, the never wash the trucks, the trucks are always breaking down, they refuse to paint the plant and update it's branding/logo, and the paint they use on their dumpsters fades to very ugly colours. But don't worry, they are no where near the cheapest disposal company in Nanaimo, that would be Haarsma. So if you want to sell a low end bargain basement service at a premium price, this is your new employer!
Pros
hours are good
Cons
see above