Emterra Environmental Employee Reviews

team work
Heavy Duty Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB15 December 2017
working schedules at day and night shifting so busy and lots of things to be done,creative thinking, and cooperates to supervisor and co workers,makes report every end of shifts, what it done..
Pros
lunch with pay
Cons
three times break a day
Challenging environment; endless opportunities for learning.
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Canada4 October 2017
I totally agree with a previous review: if you are there for the company needs, the company will take good care of you.
My personal experience at this company is very good. I would recommend it for work.
I got support to grow personally and professionally. Being here for the last 10 years.
Pros
Good chances to move up.
Cons
Hazardous work environment and unqualified management
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC7 September 2017
A typical day included sorting through our city's recycling, cleaning loading and organizing. Workers in this position typically earned $13, from $10 after a uni0n was brought in, due to some previously unsavory work practices and management. Unfortunately management is still unqualified with workers assigning their own tasks, and operating machines with no prior training or supervision. The job is still extremely hazardous, with workers on the line exposed to needles, sharp glass, soiled laundry, human and animal waste, dangerous construction materials such as asbestos, acids, concrete dust etc, without the proper protective equipment such as water proof gloves or mandatory respirators. Would not recommend working with this company.
Pros
above minimum wage, uni0nised, a few easy positions available.
Cons
Hazardous work environment for most, very unqualified management
Great Company to work with
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON28 June 2017
I love working at Emterra. I am here for last 7 years and always get appreciated/awarded for my Work. Its always give and take. If company needs you, you have to be there and then company will definitely take care of you whenever needed. Enjoying everything at Emterra.
Pros
Lunches/Barbecues
Cons
Give an take
Private company
Accounts Receivable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC31 May 2017
This company is a private company and the owner has all say. The accounting is a mess. The company always hired people has no working experience on the position, so it's hard to train new employee.
long hours,hard work
Driver/Loader (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 May 2017
management doesn't care about employees they only want the work done.On your own til it's all complete,long hours,work in allweather conditions.Job is o.k i guess
Pros
work byyourself
Cons
long hours, low pay
coffee breaks
Swamper/Labourer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB24 May 2017
Monday to friday was typical workday Weekends where not as bad sometimes 7 days a week around the clock learned more bout what was good for foot wear ,Work as a team.hardest was when you worked alone for few days getting your hours and making lots of over time
Pros
free water
Cons
14 hours
Day At Work
Scale Operator (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC2 May 2017
Not a nice environment. Keep getting popped with Elastic. Supervisor gets uncomfortable when approached questions. But we keep our heads down and get the job done.
Pros
Free Launches
Cons
Getting blame for others mistake
Loved my job there but they were falling apart.
Curbside Garbage Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON14 February 2017
Unorganized workplace
I enjoyed my job at Emterra, but they are completely unorganized and we, as employees, never knew whether we were coming or goin. Many accidents as well but made some very valuable friends..
Pros
Paid for meals, good pay, awesome friends and loved the workout
Cons
Long hours, lacking communication with managers, let go for reasons beyond my control (medical)
If your not from a staffing agency all of this is worthless
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON2 February 2017
I would congratulate the business on having a good atmosphere though the office is separate from the field work that the pitchmen and drivers are accustomed to. The CSR staff are highly engaging and are very often undervalued from anyone outside of the St.Catharines location. Tensions with the public are a constant part of the municipal agreement and usually are the talk of the day.
The shining light in the distance for most would be the casual dress code. Free movement when a position becomes available is completely allowed from my current understanding.
Pros
Great culture, Casual dress
Garbage, recycling, and yard waste collection.
Truck driver helper (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB13 November 2016
This is a fast paced job with a lot of heavy lifting and overtime. This job will take you all over the city, to every neighborhood.
constructive work place
Electrical Technician (Current Employee) –  1122 Pioneer Rd,Burlington,ON L7M1K412 August 2016
Learned technical skills how to use different tools.The management and co-workers are very co-operative and helpful.Change the heavy machinery during any breakdown is challenging but troubleshooting is the most interesting part of this job
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
work load during faults
Continuous hard work
Curb Side Pick up (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON10 July 2016
I would arrive at work around 7 and wait for the trucks to fill out and be called to my truck number, i would then be paired with a driver and we would make our way to our area of the city. We would begin where directed and follow a directional pathway until all areas was cleared. Then we would head to the dump to unload and clean the truck drive back to the yard and park the truck.
Pros
Constant movement good pay
Cons
The Smell
alright job
Parts Person (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB17 June 2016
good job to work for didnt really like sitting in one spot all day tho i like to learn new thing thats one thing about this job you need to know what your doing in order to enjoy the job im not really a parts person i enjoy heavy labor and working with my hands.
New office facing many challenges but growing rapidly, exciting, challenging and rewarding accomplishments
Administration (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK18 January 2016
Constantly facing growing pains but as a team we work together to overcome the challenges, plenty of learning opportunities.

Our GM is fair, open and has a sense of humor as do all the employees.
Pros
understanding management
Cons
never a shortage of work, lots of chances to learn and use machinery
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Cumberland, BC10 January 2016
was good for the fact that i got lots of overtime , got to learn how to fix and maintain bobcats , forklifts and how to operate several different heavy machines etc
Pros
overtime, and the chance to learn
Cons
not professionaly run, very dangerous at times
low budget company bad equipment
Driver (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON5 December 2015
the companies trucks are really old and very bed maintenance, I learned what it is like to work for a company that doesn't invest in the maintenance of their fleet
Pros
in the country
Cons
not enough hours
Steer Clear
office (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC1 December 2015
Horrible company to work for or to do a contract with. Pay sucks and employees and vendors get no respect from the company. Some have been there 20 years and and never got a raise..shameful.....If you do contract work for her you could and will wait months and months to get paid for work done. Does not care as long as it stays in her account as long as it can.
Pros
non
Better than welfare!!
Driver/Loader (Current Employee) –  St. Catherines,ON16 February 2014
Well if your sick of sitting at home playing Playstation all day, and welfare just doesn't cut it anymore then this company might be for you!!
Pros
N/a
a very productive night
Sorter (Former Employee) –  henry ave winnipeg MB27 May 2013
whenever im working at this company every night my day would be complete because of what we do there it's a fast paced work, mostly i enjoy to work with other people they're very friendly.