EMTERRA ENVIRONMENTAL Employee Reviews

constructive work place
Electrical Technician (Current Employee) –  1122 Pioneer Rd,Burlington,ON L7M1K4August 12, 2016
Learned technical skills how to use different tools.The management and co-workers are very co-operative and helpful.Change the heavy machinery during any breakdown is challenging but troubleshooting is the most interesting part of this job
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
work load during faults
Continuous hard work
Curb Side Pick up (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ONJuly 10, 2016
I would arrive at work around 7 and wait for the trucks to fill out and be called to my truck number, i would then be paired with a driver and we would make our way to our area of the city. We would begin where directed and follow a directional pathway until all areas was cleared. Then we would head to the dump to unload and clean the truck drive back to the yard and park the truck.
Pros
Constant movement good pay
Cons
The Smell
alright job
Parts Person (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJune 17, 2016
good job to work for didnt really like sitting in one spot all day tho i like to learn new thing thats one thing about this job you need to know what your doing in order to enjoy the job im not really a parts person i enjoy heavy labor and working with my hands.
New office facing many challenges but growing rapidly, exciting, challenging and rewarding accomplishments
Administration (Current Employee) –  Regina, SKJanuary 18, 2016
Constantly facing growing pains but as a team we work together to overcome the challenges, plenty of learning opportunities.

Our GM is fair, open and has a sense of humor as do all the employees.
Pros
understanding management
Cons
never a shortage of work, lots of chances to learn and use machinery
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Cumberland, BCJanuary 10, 2016
was good for the fact that i got lots of overtime , got to learn how to fix and maintain bobcats , forklifts and how to operate several different heavy machines etc
Pros
overtime, and the chance to learn
Cons
not professionaly run, very dangerous at times
Steer Clear
office (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCDecember 1, 2015
Horrible company to work for or to do a contract with. Pay sucks and employees and vendors get no respect from the company. Some have been there 20 years and and never got a raise..shameful.....If you do contract work for her you could and will wait months and months to get paid for work done. Does not care as long as it stays in her account as long as it can.
Pros
non
Better than welfare!!
Driver/Loader (Current Employee) –  St. Catherines,ONFebruary 16, 2014
Well if your sick of sitting at home playing Playstation all day, and welfare just doesn't cut it anymore then this company might be for you!!
Pros
n/a
a very productive night
Sorter (Former Employee) –  henry ave winnipeg MBMay 27, 2013
whenever im working at this company every night my day would be complete because of what we do there it's a fast paced work, mostly i enjoy to work with other people they're very friendly.
Run away as fast as you can
supervisor (Former Employee) –  winnipegMarch 31, 2013
This company has no respect what so ever for their employees. I would not send my worst enemy to work there.
Cons
everything
boring work place
Sorter (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMarch 11, 2013
recyclable stuff are too cold during winter and it's very dusty during summer
Pros
repetitive job
Cons
dusty workplace
Wouldn't send my worst enemy there
Ex driver (Former Employee) –  WinnipegMarch 6, 2013
If you like having no life, working from 6:30am till10pm most times, then by all means, have at it. Management in complete disarray, let alone about 70% of the public in Winnipeg complete A.H's.
Pros
the pay with the all the ot
Cons
everything else
Unwilling to advertise or decal and wash trucks
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BCJuly 5, 2012
Lots of pressure to get sales, but no support on the operations side. They have crappiest trucks that have old obsolete branding on them, they refuse to put the current company name/logo on the trucks, the never wash the trucks, the trucks are always breaking down, they refuse to paint the plant and update it's branding/logo, and the paint they use on their dumpsters fades to very ugly colours. But don't worry, they are no where near the cheapest disposal company in Nanaimo, that would be Haarsma. So if you want to sell a low end bargain basement service at a premium price, this is your new employer!
Pros
hours are good
Cons
see above
Promising company need major structure overhaul
Manager (Current Employee) –  CanadaMay 27, 2012
People are great , need a lot of directions and proper chain of command. Good company to work for under the right structure and managers. Urgently need roles and responsibility to be in order as well as a procedures to hold workers and manager accountable with proper disciplinary policies.
Cons
very long days/ hours.