Employment Action, in partnership with WCG International is currently accepting applications for a CASE MANAGER/FACILITATOR in Smithers, BC.
The Case Manager assists Clients to find and maintain employment. This position takes the lead role in day‐to‐day case management of Clients throughout the EPBC to ensure appropriate services and supports are provided towards employment including linkages to appropriate services and resources in the community.
The Case Manager ensures successful Program delivery for the Client while ensuring all contract outcomes are achieved, and all stakeholder needs are understood and met. The Case Manager is the key, on‐going contact for the Client throughout the service continuum and ensures that seamless service is provided to the Client. This position may also be required to facilitate workshops to groups of Clients in the ESC.
The Case Manager will have expertise providing employment services for one or more Specialized Population Client groups (Youth, Immigrants, Persons with Disabilities, Multi‐Barriered Clients, Aboriginal Persons, Rural & Remote, Survivors of Violence and/or Abuse, Francophone Persons) and will typically serve Clients whose needs align with the Case Manager’s expertise. The Case Manager may also serve Clients who are not from a Specialized Population, or who are but do not possess barriers to their ability to obtain and maintain employment.
- Ability to work successfully providing Client service within a complex environment with
- Strong critical thinking and organizational skills
- Experience in the provision of informal assessment and evaluations which assist program
Clients to reach their employment goals
- Successful track record helping Clients to overcome barriers to employment
- A demonstrated record of working with employers, training providers, community
resources and other employment related service providers
- Experience in the development and support of appropriate employment‐specific training
opportunities for program clients
- Minimum of two years of experience providing employment related services to job
seekers, including Specialized Populations
- Ability to provide services effectively to Clients in a one on one and group format as well
as by outreach and remote access methods
- Knowledge of the local labour market, community resources, government programs, job
search techniques, career development and issues related to the unemployed
- Ability to establish a good match between a Client’s skill set and abilities, and the needs
of an employer
- Interview/assessment skills, documentation and report writing skills, professional
resume writing, vocational counselling, individualized goal‐setting and planning skills,
coordinating skills, monitoring, coaching, training and facilitator skills.
- Excellent group facilitation and communication skills
- Solid understanding of confidentiality and other professional codes of conduct; must
submit for a criminal record check
- Team player with ability to work effectively with all types of people (personalities)
- Some travel required including need for a vehicle
- Willingness to work after regular business hours, for example by calling Clients to
monitor their progress
- University Degree, or diploma and experience in career development, adult education or
a related discipline and/or combination of equivalent relevant education and experience
- Certification to deliver short term job specific skills training such as Serving it Right,
SuperHost, WHMIS, First Aid
- Career Development Practitioners certification as asset
To review the full job description visit our website at www.employment-action.bc.ca, or visit our office at 1505 Victoria Street, Prince George, BC.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and three references to:
1505 Victoria Street
Prince George, BC
V2L 2L4 Fax: 250-564-8864
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Deadline for internal applicants is March 4, 2013 at 4:30 pm – No late applications will be accepted.