We are looking for a web designer who will develop and create the layout and look and feel of websites and associated applications. The job involves understanding both graphic design and web development technologies.
The designer will work with the development teams and product management team to develop and implement the designs that accompany new features and functions for the sites.
Responsibilities A web designer's job duties cover all aspects of creating a website design. Upon reviewing the requirements documentation and meeting with the product management team, web designers generate the layouts that will be programmed by the web developers.
Duties include, but aren't limited to, the following:
- Understanding the requirements for the website
- Developing site content and graphics by coordinating with copywriters and graphic designers; building images, icons, banners, etc.
- Designing webpage and e-mail layouts
- Maintaining site appearance by developing and enforcing content and display standards;
- Determining technical requirements for designs
- Analyzing competitor sites from a design perspective
- Ensuring files are backed up
- Web graphic design skills and savvy, knowledge of SEO.
- Understanding of professional User Interface Design, usability and navigation standards and best practices
- Good understanding of user experience principles, user experience issues, including HCI principles, Internet design principles, W3C standards and usability testing
- Creative design issues, including branding, graphic design, typography and marketing
- Technology issues and the implications for customer experience, including cross-platform issues (Windows/Mac), cross-browser issues (IE/Firefox/Chrome), Content Management Systems, portals, legacy systems, and middleware
- Good understanding of web programming and an understanding of browser capabilities
- Familiarity with HTML5 & CSS 3 frameworks and responsive web design practices
- Familiarity with Mobile web and app design
- Familiarity with multimedia content development
- Experience developing information architecture for complex websites.
Date Added 3/14/2013
Indeed - 23 months ago