Empire Communities is a well established, Contractor/Developer recognized for creating prestigious, award winning homes and communities throughout Southern Ontario. Empire Communities is involved in all sectors of the new home building industry, including: commercial, low-rise and high-rise residential, luxury new homes and affordable housing. For this organization it is all about building a life-long relationship that has its foundations in driving for results and providing exceptional customer service. If you are committed to high standards, exhibit a sense of urgency and thrive in a positive entrepreneurial environment, you can achieve excellence having the freedom to grow and to fulfill your career aspirations. Becoming a member of Empire Communities is an investment in your future!
Execute and address multi-construction tasks on new home construction in accordance with Empire Communities’ policies in a timely manner, assuring standards are met in every assigned task and in strict accordance to the Health and Safety Act.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Identifies, performs required construction work on new homes based on Empire Communities quality standards.
- Complete any and all work in an efficient and highly effective manner
- Prepares home prior to inspection by the City for occupancy for insulation inspections and occupancy inspection
- Coordinates the installation of insulation and framing, performs drywall checks as required for each home
- Complete construction related functions as a result of the Pre-PDI inspection before occupancy
- Performs multiple trade functions for residential construction
- Effectively communicates and reports progress and trade interventions if required to on-site Superintendent(s)
- Locate and retrieve necessary material to complete assigned work orders
- Protect surrounding areas to minimize clean up and/or accidental damage during the required task
- Demonstrate courtesy and professionalism with all associates and homeowners
- Assist other Departments and head office when required in the interest of our Purchases and meeting the construction schedule
- Perform miscellaneous duties with regard to community, job site cleanliness, safety, maintenance, security etc.
- Suggest and make recommendations for process improvements
- Ability to deal effectively with a high volume of work
- Self motivated and well organized individual
- Valid drivers’ license, must provide a clean drivers’ abstract
- Must have steel-toed safety boots and hard hat
- Own/reliable transportation during probation period
- Physically able to lift 50 lbs
- Read text, measure, oral communication, working with others, decision making, critical thinking, job task planning and organizing, significant use of memory, finding information
- Own tools/ ready to work
LANGUAGES: Speak English, Read English, Write English
Indeed - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard -