Empire Communities in Vaughan, Ontario, is a highly respected, well established, Contractor/Developer recognized for creating prestigious, award winning homes and communities throughout Southern Ontario. They are involved in all sectors of the new home building industry, including: commercial, low-rise and high-rise residential, luxury new homes and affordable housing. For this organization it is all about building a life-long relationship that has its foundations in driving for results and providing exceptional customer service. If you are committed to high standards, exhibit a sense of urgency and thrive in a positive entrepreneurial environment, you can achieve excellence having the freedom to grow and to full-fill your career aspirations. Becoming a member of this organization is an investment in your future!
Reporting to the Director Human Resources, the Senior Staffing Consultant pro-actively supports the delivery of H.R. Programs while building strong business relationships with internal clients. He/She is accountable to drive the development, implementation and execution of all Talent Recruitment strategies that supports an employee-oriented, high performance culture which emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity and standards, goal attainment, and the recruitment of a superior workforce. The incumbent will have a career aspiration to learn and become proficient in Talent Management in the future.
To perform this role successfully, an individual must be able to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment where commitment, personal responsibility and a sense of urgency are required. The Senior Staffing Consultant is responsible to support the Director, Human Resources in each of the following areas:
- Conducts Workforce Analysis and Forecasting. Partners with the business leaders to gain understanding of future resource requirements, identifying internal and external talent gap, identifying proactive sourcing actions and ensuring appropriate selection criteria are being utilized.
- Partners with the business to provide expertise, tools and processes that enable business leaders to attract and engage the right talent for the organization.
- Develops and executes end-to-end recruitment strategies for all vacancies: including generating effective and consistent job postings, providing a focused sourcing strategy, a consistent interview process and assessment approach.
- Devises and executes strategies to pursue specific experienced hiring initiatives. Source funding as appropriate.
- Develops and maintains Position Descriptions including defining competencies.
- Develops Skill Assessments and sources technical skill testing if required.
- Develops and delivers Interview Training, On-boarding Training.
- Sources candidates by direct sourcing, referral and creatively identifying sources for candidates including: job ads, associations, career fairs, educational facilities, employment agencies, networking, social media such as LinkedIn, websites, etc.
- Conducts Site Visits as defined by Human Resource Director.
- Responsible for embedding process, tools and systems within the business in order to improve hiring process.
- Supports and enhances working relationships with search partners to facilitate the generation of high quality candidates and to educate/ reinforce organizational Brand in the marketplace. Ensure terms are effective (low cost, low turn-over results; high performance/culture fit).
- Maintain personal and electronic outreach relationships with candidate pipelines with a focus on high potential/high quality candidates.
- Responsible for finalizing offer process, inclusive of reference checks, background screens and compensation requirements; manages the acceptance and turndowns of all candidates.
- Conducts follow up interviews with new hires.
- Ensures internal hiring policies are current and that selection practices are compliant with applicable legislation.
- Reviews and ensures standardized Employment Templates are current and compliant with applicable legislation.
- Drafts organization announcements - new hires/ re-organization as required and Maintains Organization charts using Company Software.
- Maintains and analyses statistical reports and metrics as required. Oversee the development of key performance indicators, trends, analysis and required action planning.
- Develops and maintains Hiring Kit, Orientation Kit, Supplies for new hires and works with hiring manager to develop on-boarding plan in place for each new hire.
- Researches, delivers and maintains Applicant Tracking system. Manages recruitment activities, correspondence and data analysis through the Applicant Tracking System
- In partnership with Marketing, identifies and implements cost-effective advertising platforms that successfully support the overall hiring process.
- Builds reputation of Empire Communities by helping provide successful candidate experience.
- Researches, establishes and sustains alliances (Intern and Co-Op Programs) with educational or trade institutions to source future talent
- Supports development and implementation of a strong and compelling employment brand that positions Empire Communities as an Employer of Choice
- Manages the development and maintenance of the Human Resource sections of company website and intra-net as it relates to Talent Acquisition
- Researches and coordinates participation in Top Company Surveys
Development of the Human Resources Department
- Assists with the development and administration of programs, procedures, and guidelines to help align the workforce with the strategic goals of the company.
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives, and systems.
- Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars.
- Assists to establish departmental measurements that support the accomplishment of the company's strategic goals.
- Assumes other responsibilities as assigned by the Human Resources Director.
- Assists with the carrying out of a company-wide process of organization development.
To be successful in this role you should have the following skills/competencies:
- Demonstrates a passion for recruiting and a strong desire for continued learning and challenge. Maintains a comprehensive knowledge of all process, policies/procedures related to Staffing.
- Demonstrates and maintains an understanding and knowledge of industry information and competitive landscape. Experience in the real estate or construction industry would be an asset.
- Excellent organizational skills including planning and time management skills. Enjoys working in a fast paced environment; can multi-task, prioritize and adapt to changing priorities.
- Excellent computer skills particularly of Microsoft Office Suite Programs in a Microsoft Windows environment. Must include Excel and demonstrated skills in database management and record keeping.
- Solid understanding of social media (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter) and the ability to use these tools for sourcing methods.
- Effective oral and written communication.
- Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills; Demonstrates a high level of customer service and confidentiality.
- Ability to travel is required up to 25% of the time. Driver’s license required.
- Experience with an Applicant Tracking System would be an asset.
- Experience recruiting in different markets and supporting clients remotely.
- 7 plus years in a progressive recruiting role in corporate environment.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or equivalent experience.
Indeed - 23 months ago