Business Contracts Manager
$65,000 - $75,000
Empathica provides Customer Experience Management programs to more than 200 of the world’s leading brands, ranging from multi-unit retailers, to banks and restaurants. Our client list is 90+ and growing every day. We run programs on 4 continents, in 25 languages in 50 countries around the world.
Recently winning the I Love Rewards 50 Most Engaged Workplaces™, for the second year in a row, Empathica provides Customer Experience Management programs to more than 200 of the world’s leading brands, ranging from multi-unit retailers, to banks and restaurants. Annually, Empathica collects more than 30 million customer surveys (typically on-line) in 25 languages reach more than 70,000 locations.
What we are looking for
Empathica’s continued growth has prompted a need for an experienced Business Contract Manager to join our team.
The Business Contract Manager will assist the Director of Finance to:
- Prepare and review contracts (new or renewal) for completeness and adherence to business policies, procedures and guidelines
- Draft, review, negotiate and manage large software licensing, professional services and nondisclosure agreements
- Liaise with internal staff, external vendors and customers
- Interact with clients on the interpretation of contractual rights, obligations and terms and conditions
- Monitor renewal periods and notify appropriate personnel well in advance of approaching deadlines
- Drive cross functional projects to achieve deadlines
- Ensure that contract terms and business activities conform to legal and business requirements as well as corporate policies
- All other tasks and assignments as required
What you should have:
- Experienced paralegal or similar qualification, with a minimum 3 years of contract drafting, management and negotiation
- Strong background in technology/software licensing and services preferred
- Proven track record of structuring, drafting, redlining, and negotiating a wide-range of IT related agreements
- Superior attention to detail
- Strong time management, organization and project management skills
- Exceptional customer service and contact management skills
- Excellent communication skills and ability to bring parties to an agreement
- High degree of ethics and integrity
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Word
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- A desire to also work on operational projects outside the traditional role of a paralegal
To apply for this position please click "apply now" and include your salary expectations.
We thank all applicants but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Candidates must meet eligibility requirements to be employed in Canada.
Indeed - 14 months ago
Empathica offers highly configurable data acquisition, reporting and tools. If that's not enough to meet your unique needs, our team of...