Emerson Employee Reviews in Canada

Challenging and productive workplace
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Greater St. Louis AreaJune 25, 2016
During my tenure as a Graphic Designer at Emerson. I've worked everyday during nightshift because I've worked directly with the US client. Usually when I had a heavy workload, I tried to managed my time and make sure that my work was done before meeting the said project deadline. If possible I always extended my time so I can balanced well the workload. I've learned to be organised all the time and work hard. The hardest part of the job probably would be meeting the deadlines but by focusing on your work and by balancing it you will definitely sure you'll achieve your goals. The most enjoyable part was you have a freedom to showcase your design to the client which I really like and they loved it. Because as a designer you appreciate more your work when you can create a good design.
been payed to have fun felt like a ROCKSTAR
"B"Ppressure Welder/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 11, 2016
I was employed by the best company any one could work for ,my co-workers they were a special group of people, management did a lot of mentoring the people I worked with and for made it easy ,the most enjoyable part of the job was our potluck lunches and quarterly barbecues ,it was a great place to be employed
Pros
lunchtime astivities Basketball Table tennis
Cons
work to your pace
Field Service Technician, Atlantic Canada (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ONOctober 1, 2015
Extensive travel, field work is demanding and requires great attention to safety. Excellent co-workers.
Work from home office.
benefits
Cons
travel, high risk of danger
Ops
Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 12, 2016
Great people to work with from upper management down, friendly and team players. When you get into management you get into heavy politics that will eat up the organization in a long run. Value is not promoted if you are not on a certain "like" list.
Pros
Good name to work for
Cons
Poor comuncation from top down
Easy working atmosphere but alot of polotics.
Never had one. New position. Bonus for company. (Former Employee) –  ElmiraOctober 7, 2015
In my particular position there was no room for advancement. Dead end.
Inappropriate relationships between management and employees.

A lot of willing blindness to incidents or acts was discouraging and the squeaky wheel gets the grease mentality.

What is preached is not practiced.

I know its pretty much ubiquitous in a lot of manufacturing companies but was more apparent here with the small number of employees.
Pros
bbq, s birthday breakfasts, Christmas bonuses .
Cons
Pay, Polotics, Advancement oppertunities
good environment for work
Attendant (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, SKJune 23, 2016
enjoying working with clients
comfortable work environment
good communication skill at work
enjoying preparing meals for client
It is a dead end job, with a soon to be dead end company
UPS Technician (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKApril 7, 2016
It is a dead end job, with no chance of advancement. the company has no vision for the future. they will be destroyed once Tesla batteries hit the main stream.
Extremely friendly and professional environment
Corporate Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 30, 2015
Working for Emerson Process Management in Calgary, Canada was one of the best experiences I have ever had. Friendly and professional environment was very motivating and absolutely inspiring for a great performance. I have learned a lot from my engineering managers.
Productive and a great place to work
Production worker - Sheet metal operator (Former Employee) –  St. Thomas, ON, CanadaMay 7, 2012
I was a Sheetmetal operator and I loved the jobs I did. I learned alot about team work and how it affected our output. Management was awesome and polite with everyone. If there was a problem or question to ask, it was handled fast and was taken seriously. My co-workers were the best group of people I ever worked with. Everyone got along great. Every job I did at Emerson was a learning experience but not hard, once you caught on. The most enjoyable part of my job was learning new jobs and all the people I worked with, on the floor.
Pros
great place to work and learn new experiences.
Cons
i had no cons, working for emerson network power.
This company has a very good name but only mismanaged by
Cnc Machine Operator/Programmer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 1, 2014
I could have sensed long time ago that the company was gonna go bankrupt because of so much changing of policies and outsourcing to foreign countries with cheaper labor where product quality is compromised thereby contributing to the demise of its operations. Formerly the company was a global leader in distribution of valve automation products and a major player in the Oil and Gas Industry.
Pros
long vacations not allowed only two weeks or be fired on the spot
Cons
shortened hour of operation and reduced ot. very poor safety record
productive and challenging at times
CNC MACHINE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  4112 91a street edmonton abSeptember 8, 2012
typical day of work is oftentime repetitive and routine every start of work have to wear PPE safety meeting and sign production list. I have learned a lot about working safe all the time always being aware of hazards surrounding the shop premises. I also learned about how to get along with co workers and work as a team to accomplish the jobs on hand and how to courteous and respectful of each other. With regards to the management team they always ensure that everybody follows the safety rules and guidelines of the shop because every injury is treated as a major blow to the company operation. the hardest part of the job is a company shutdown and massive layoff of employees. The most enjoyable part of the job is accomplishing the whole year without any accident or injury recorded and each one gets a tap on the back and a bonus after each year the company makes a profit.
Pros
free pizzas and ice cream during the summer months
Cons
long overtime hours and time sensitive customer orders
ClosetMaid was a great place to work with advancement opportunities
Scheduling Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONFebruary 8, 2014
Was a fast paced with daily changes environment. The Management and Team was professional and great to work with, meeting the Corporations expectations. The Company offered opportunities for advancement and projects.
Productive and fun workplace
Drafter 1 (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 17, 2012
Always came into work and had something to do. Looked forward to going to work everyday. Managers were great and always helpful. Co-workers were fun to work it and were also very helpful. Learned a lot through this company since it was my first Electrical Engineering company I drafted for. Learned more advanced skills in AutoCAD that I didn't learn at SAIT. Experienced different projects and thier different standards and expectations. Most enjoyable part of the job was working with great and experienced people. Hardest part of the job was meeting crucial deadlines but was always able to meet them.
Pros
free lunches at lunch n' learns, the get together's we used to have one day a month after work
Cons
the important deadlines that were hard to meet
an amazing place to work and co-workers
Shipper and Receiver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 9, 2015
I found nothing wrong with Emerson at all and would highly recommend it to anyone thank can play politics. They care about there staff and the safety of there staff .
Very bad place, that is why they closed and left.
Operator (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONApril 10, 2014
It was a very bad place to work, a lot of discrimination, and very bad environment, bad management, and bad co-workers, most of the workers they hired have criminal records, and many of them were smoking weed in the parking lot, it is a good thing that Closetmaid has bought it and took it to California.
Cons
everything else
Flexible Working environment
Senior Control Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Perth, Western AustaliaMarch 21, 2014
Hours are flexible.
Self managed project.
Management is not visible, hence less communication with higher management.
Co-workers are very subjective to individual where some are very team oriented and some aren't.
Enjoyed playing table tennis with co-workers.
Good work culture
Intermediate Technologist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 25, 2015
It is a wonderful company to work for. I got an opportunity to go to India to lead and manage 4 subordinates for one of the projects for which the client was in Qatar. The mentorship program here was really great.
Pros
good support system
One of the Best
Shipper/Receiver (Current Employee) –  Bolton, ONJune 4, 2012
This company will offer anything a "Go getter" employee wants. There are many different types of jobs and with training or schooling the company will give you a fair shoot as jobs come available. Fairness counts
This is a busy company and always has work
Pros
emerson keeps you in the loop, the pay cheque is always there
Cons
too many long term employees, the company is too far.
The employees were excellent to work with
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONSeptember 20, 2012
my typical work day was from 7am to 3pm . I really enjoyed working as part of a team to insure quality and accuracy in the product line . The most enjoyable part of my job was working with a team . The hardest part of my job was the repetitive nature of it .
Pros
discount on products
Cons
the dusty and dirty enviroment
Basic capability got here