Emerson Process Management

Emerson Process Management Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Flexible Working environment
Senior Control Systems Engineer (Current Employee), Perth, Western AustaliaMarch 21, 2014
Hours are flexible.
Self managed project.
Management is not visible, hence less communication with higher management.
Co-workers are very subjective to individual where some are very team oriented and some aren't.
Enjoyed playing table tennis with co-workers.
This company has a very good name but only mismanaged by
Cnc Machine Operator/Programmer (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 1, 2014
Pros: long vacations not allowed only two weeks or be fired on the spot
Cons: shortened hour of operation and reduced ot. very poor safety record
I could have sensed long time ago that the company was gonna go bankrupt because of so much changing of policies and outsourcing to foreign countries with cheaper labor where product quality is compromised thereby contributing to the demise of its operations. Formerly the company was a global leader in distribution of valve automation products and a major player in the Oil and Gas Industry.
Excellent environment and facilities
Technical Manager (Current Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 3, 2013
Wonderful team and co-workers.

Table tennis, fuzball, fitness area
Productive and fun workplace
Drafter 1 (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 17, 2012
Pros: free lunches at lunch n' learns, the get together's we used to have one day a month after work
Cons: the important deadlines that were hard to meet
Always came into work and had something to do. Looked forward to going to work everyday. Managers were great and always helpful. Co-workers were fun to work it and were also very helpful. Learned a lot through this company since it was my first Electrical Engineering company I drafted for. Learned more advanced skills in AutoCAD that I didn't learn at SAIT. Experienced different projects and thier different standards and expectations. Most enjoyable part of the job was working with great and experienced people. Hardest part of the job was meeting crucial deadlines but was always able to meet them.
productive and challenging at times
CNC MACHINE OPERATOR (Former Employee), 4112 91a street edmonton abSeptember 8, 2012
Pros: free pizzas and ice cream during the summer months
Cons: long overtime hours and time sensitive customer orders
typical day of work is oftentime repetitive and routine every start of work have to wear PPE safety meeting and sign production list. I have learned a lot about working safe all the time always being aware of hazards surrounding the shop premises. I also learned about how to get along with co workers and work as a team to accomplish the jobs on hand and how to courteous and respectful of each other. With regards to the management team they always ensure that everybody follows the safety rules and guidelines of the shop because every injury is treated as a major blow to the company operation. the hardest part of the job is a company shutdown and massive layoff of employees. The most enjoyable part of the job is accomplishing the whole year without any accident or injury recorded and each one gets a tap on the back and a bonus after each year the company makes a profit.
Good company
Project Engineer (Current Employee), MinneapolisJanuary 21, 2015
Day to day was relaxed and many of the activities are put on the individual to complete.
Fun working with co-workers and with some customers too
Assistant Manager Applications & Sales (Current Employee), PakistanJanuary 17, 2015
Day starts with email which mostly decides the rest.
Learning is depends upon the application i got from customer and its not a every day thing. but i usually got once in month a new application to work on.
Its fun and quite enjoyable working with my co-workers. That's makes me more comfortable to work with them.
Hardest part of the job is regular or routine proposals workings.
Most enjoyable part is working on new application.
Intro
Software Engineer (Current Employee), Bangalore (INDIA)January 17, 2015
The nature of my degree course and my overall work experience in ASP.NET and SQL Server have prepared me for this position. It involved a great deal of independent research, requiring initiative, self-motivation, timings flexibility and a wide range of skills. For one course, Masters of Computer Application, an understanding of the Information Technology and Computer Applications industry was essential. I found this subject very stimulating.
I am a not fast but an accurate coder, with a keen eye for detail and I should be very grateful for the opportunity to progress to your IT Software Development Team. I am able to take on the responsibility of this position immediately, and have the enthusiasm and determination to ensure that I make a success of it.
well organised company structure
Documentation Technician (Former Employee), Székesfehérvár, FEJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: fair office hours
Cons: stress
international working and learning possibilities
great team work
international back ground
great colleauges
good social benefits
Great work/life balance
Strategic Sourcing Analyst (Current Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 14, 2015
Great work/life balance, organizational structure is questionable at times. Very engineering-driven company, hard to advance without engineering degree.
Productive & fun work place
Sr. Project Engineer (Current Employee), Chennai, TNJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long hours
Good environment to work with.
management is good
co workers good
work/personal life balance is maintained
enjoyable part- co curricular activities present
Not a place for true marketing professionals
Annonymous (Current Employee), MinneapolisDecember 19, 2014
PROS:
If you have a degree in Engineering, you can move into any role (manager, director, VP) or any department (Marketing, Sales, Service, Product Management, Operations, etc.).

CONS:
If you are a true marketing professional (have a degree and experience in marketing or marketing communications) you can only hold an entry level marcom supportive role with responsibilities for execution and doing all the work. There are only a few marcom jobs with Rosemount. Marketing Managers must have an engineering degree as well as Marketing Engineers (Product Managers). This is even a rule communicated by HR.

To progress into a Director role, including Marketing Director, Training Director, etc. you have to have a degree in Engineering. Promotion is based on years of service with the company and not experience, expertise, or accomplishments. They prefer to promote an engineer with zero experience and let them figure out how to do the job rather than hiring someone with experience in that field. It is common for new DIrectors to buy books for guidance on their new roles.
Business Development Manager
Business Development Manager (Current Employee), UK wideDecember 17, 2014
Pros: establish company
Cons: slow to meet customers requirements
Working within a number of different industries including chemical, petrochemical, oil and gas.
Visiting customers to identify potential opportunities and working a long side the projects team.
My highest paying Job
Assembler/Material Handler (Former Employee), Irvine, CADecember 2, 2014
Pros: great area lots of food
Cons: too far
List of orders I get in the morning that I have to put together and have to determine which product I have to send out first. Solder, cut wires for assembly. Test final product with chemical solutions. Very friendly co-workers who trained me with patience. The hardest part is driving to Irvine, CA which takes about an hour.
Emerson is innovative and technologically advanced
Team Lead (Current Employee), Emerson ManilaNovember 30, 2014
Emerson is focused on providing quality products and services. It is a company that fosters coordination and promotes work-life balance. They always strive for continuous improvement and that is the reason why they have been in the industry for more than a decade. We are a back-office support providing technical solutions for non-standard thermowells - Quotations and Wake Frequency Calculations. We are catering to different world areas: Asia Pacific, North America, Europe and Middle East. Our company has a good organizational structure and has four layers - Managerial, Supervisory, Line Leadership and Staff. I belong to the third level [Line Leadership] providing guidance to a group of 14 Engineers. The hardest part of the job would be finding ways to keep them motivated with their work. The stuff they are doing are somewhat repetitive. As a leader, you would want your people to become motivated so they would always look forward coming to the office everyday. The most enjoyable part of the job would be developing your people. You reward them on the things or tasks they successfully completed, help them on areas they need improvement.
Typical onsite contract position with major operator
Assistant Projects Administrator (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 25, 2014
Typical administrative work/document review and document control. The work environment was fairly isolated due to the location of the assignment.
A challenging and bored role
Sales Admin (Former Employee), Osborne Park, WANovember 25, 2014
This role was a Maternity Contract so a short term role. This role was originally a Sales Admin role that was located out with the Sales Reps. They decided to move me out the front. Unfortunately this then isolated me from the team not a very productive solution. So I was by myself a lot with no company.
Don't apply because alot of better places better that really care & respect the employees
Machinist (Former Employee), Beaumont , TexasNovember 21, 2014
Pros: some very good & deciated employees
Cons: managers that don't care about employees, they act like dictators
Management doesn't care about the employees well being, they only care about themselves with no respect for the people that put the hard work in to make Fisher what it is today
Good Workplace
Project Lead Engineer (Current Employee), Pune, MHNovember 17, 2014
Very good orgnization to work and learn. I have leared a lot about industrial automation in this organization.
P
Proposal Engineer (Former Employee), Chennai, TNNovember 7, 2014
Learned to communicate globally all over the world
funfull team

1 2 3 4 5

About Emerson Process Management

Emerson Process Management (www.emersonprocess.com), an Emerson business, is a leader in helping businesses automate their production, – Read more

Emerson Process Management Photos