PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION: Performs tasks related to Shipping, Receiving, and/or Inventory Control. This position may perform other tasks based on site needs.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
1. Determine or source best method of shipment and prepare bills of lading, and other shipping documents.
2. Assemble containers, skids and crates, pack goods to be shipped and prepare identifying information and shipping instructions.
3. Oversee loading and unloading of goods form trucks, etc.
4. Inspect and verify incoming goods against invoices or other documents, record shortages and reject damaged goods.
5. Transport materials using mechanical means (forklifts, cranes, tow motors, pallet jacks, carts, hand trucks, etc.) as required.
6. Unpack and route goods to appropriate storage areas.
7. Maintain internal record-keeping systems.
8. Know safe storage and handling procedure for various chemicals and materials.
9. Know proper shipping procedures for transporting dangerous goods.
10. Identify parts and products by description and number and deliver to appropriate area.
11. Maintain excellent housekeeping in work area.
12. Participation and involvement in Safety, Quality and Activity Committees.
13. Performs other related duties as assigned.
14. May require driving company truck to pick up and deliver products.
15. Other duties as assigned.
What we offer
- Fair Compensation
- 2 weeks Vacation
- 13 paid Holidays
- Incentive Pay for off site work
- Time and ½ on Saturday
- Double time on Sunday
- Great Pension Plan
1. Microsoft Office
2. Inventory management system
3. Weigh scales and other related equipment
4. Valid driver’s license required. License in good standing / DOT certification
5. Forklift, tow motor, pallet jacks, and cranes
6. Air tools / Hand tools