EMD Serono

EMD Serono Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Talented minds working to make a difference!
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Billerica, MANovember 17, 2014
Pros: healthy work culture with lot of fun celebrations and friday happy hours
Cons: commute
I would start my day with discussing the plan of the day or sometimes week with my supervisor and getting to know the priorities of different experiments.
As this was my first adventure in industrial setting the overwhelming part at the starting was the volume or scale of the work which exponentially higher than the academic setting. But at the same – more... time all my colleagues and supervisor helped me to understand and multitask and manage my time efficiently which made the job easy.
The most important part of working in this industry is the satisfaction that at the end I am going to be a small part of making patients life better. – less
People are friendly, professional, and take their jobs seriously.
Senior Sales Analyst (Former Employee), Rockland, MAMarch 19, 2014
Downsizing, doing more with less...
Coworkers were generally great.
Middle management very reasonable.
i enjoyed the interaction with my peers. Fast paced invirnoment, very rewarding. The company was very supportive with my development.
Logistics Specialist (Former Employee), Rockland, MAFebruary 27, 2014
I have gained valuable experience with my time at EMD. The company has helped me with the next step in my career
Good place to work, friendly atmosphere, dedicated employees
Senior Sales Analyst /Sales Opeations Analyst (Former Employee), Rockland, MAJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: comp, benefits, no traffic (being outside of metro boston)
Cons: lack of new products, morale needs a jump start.
+ Very fast paced environment.
+ Team atmosphere, goal oriented, customer service oriented.
+ Comp was good, especially being outside of the city.
+ Systems were not cutting edge, but efforts were on-going to incrementally improve.
+ Reportedly, morale is suffering - largely due to uncertainty with the future.
Run don't walk away from this company if you aren't a scientist
Contractor (Former Employee), Billerica, MassachusettsNovember 13, 2013
Pros: well paid, weekly socials, scientists, collaboration
Cons: management style is to bully and make people afraid
If you plan on working inside the labs or as a scientist please do consider this company. Everyone in that sense of the work environment are very nice and wonderful to speak with and learn from.
However, the management style of some is down right unbelievable and unprofessional. You are not able to think on your own and are expected to be a robot. If – more... you have ideas outside of the labs you are not allowed to do anything. You are micromanaged to the point where it borders on plain insulting. Also, if you ask for more work it is seen as a weakness due to trying to be better then other people.
It is overall a very unhealthy work enviornment for those who have higher aspirations.
It is a way they control their employees (who are fewer and fewer because they only believe in contractors). Perm positions are said to be very likely until you start and you realize you would never want to work as a perm employee.
They sell a very good game, but once you are in the true colors always come out. It would be a very interesting place to work for a human study.
If you choose to still apply best of luck and I hope you make it out unscathed. – less
Great People driven to improve patients lives
Neurology Key Account Manager (Current Employee), Springfield MO and NW ArkansasSeptember 25, 2013
Pros: small company
Cons: small company
EMD Serono/Touchpoint Solutions:Delivering exceptional service to patients, healthcare providers and medical institutions through their committement to fighting the disease of Multiple Sclerosis.
Accelerated work environment always providing employees with tasks
Information Systems Co-op (Current Employee), Rockland, MASeptember 4, 2013
As a co-op student at EMD Serono, guidance from the business intelligence team in the form of helpful and structural teaching provided me with insights on how Agile and Waterfall managed projects get accomplished. I learned the process of retrieiving business user requirements and transforming them into functional and technical specification documents – more... which included technical and use-case diagrams. Also, creating test cases at the conclusion of each project so that the development team and the end user can test each scenario for errors and bugs helped me understand how the team can interpret requirements from the user-customer and produce a finish product that is rolled out to the business and sales teams. Scrum meetings, management guidance, and personal help from each member of the team helped provide me with the understanding of how an Information System's team works in a fast-pace environment with multiple projects being worked on simultaneously. – less
Good company, diverse group of people
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Rockland, MAJune 29, 2013
I worked there as a contract employee so I don't have much information on their pay or benefits package. It was a pleasant working atmosphere and the people were very nice.
Good Company
Area Sales Manager (Former Employee), FieldJune 7, 2013
Pros: salary, benefits, talented employees
Cons: r&d
Excellent salary and benefits, very competitive with the biopharmaceutical industry.
Senior Drug Safety Analyst (Former Employee), Rockland, MAMay 7, 2012
many changes implemented without having enough team members to achieve goals with a work life balance
Compagnie extraordinaire
Chef de comptes en dermatologie (Rep sp├ęcialiste ) (Former Employee), Qu├ębec, QCMay 8, 2014
Culture de Respect , transparence et Ethique
Collegues et patron extra
Conditions de travail exceptionnelles
Je travaillerais dans cette entreprise n'importe quand

About EMD Serono

EMD is the North America name of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt Germany. We are a global pharma, chemical and life science company. In – Read more