EMCO Corporation Employee Reviews

Lots of work learnerd lots about plumbing and shipping and receiving
material handler (Former Employee) –  PocoSeptember 8, 2015
Good benefits and pay, very busy warehouse but unfortunately I had a medical issue and was let go, the people that work there were really nice though
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Stressful and high turn over
Sales Development Program (Former Employee) –  OntarioAugust 10, 2015
Great company to gain experience, but there is certainly a glass ceiling.

Not a typical 40 hour work week, usually 45-55 hours per week.

Stressful, the phone does not stop ringing, ever. Very short staffed.

Turnover is highest I've seen in any company. Stress is not worth the low pay, and good people leave quickly. Management interviews on average 2 people per month for this role.

Great company to gain experience in, but few good employees stay.
Pros
Pension plan, health and dental
Cons
Long hours, high stress, low pay
Productive workplace
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMay 5, 2014
Day starts at 5 am
On the road by 6 for morning run
Back to warehouse between 9-11 depending on amount of deliveries
Afternoon run starts at 1130,
Home when your finished
Great branch with great employees
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ONMarch 26, 2014
Approved accounts payable, filed packing slips, invoiced customers, vendor credits and returns.

Great bunch of employees and management.

Developed a relationship with vendors
Pros
location, management
Cons
needed something more challenging
Productive and extremely busy workplace.
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABSeptember 30, 2012
A typical day at work for me consists of answering anywhere from 500 to 850 calls per day, and allocating them to the proper locations within the branch or to other branches throughout the city. As well, processing and checking upwards of 900+ invoices per day.
I've learned so much with this company. Firstly, and most proudly, I've learned to better my communication skills, and my understanding with any and all personality types I encounter. Whether it be customers or co-workers, I encounter all types, from angry, to disgruntled, to happy, to unsure, and so on.
I've learned to listen to two things at once and comprehend both that I am listening to, and respond appropriately.
I've greatly enhanced my ability to multitask. Although it is said multitasking is not real, it cannot happen, I don't believe that for a second. I do it every day, all day. Without it, I would never get all my work done.
The hardest part of the job may seem a bit trivial to some, but for me it's so very important, and something I hope will be rectified with meetings and possibly training. There is a great lack of appreciation for a job well done, extra work completed, overtime worked. I do all of these, (The overtime worked I do not get paid for, nor do I get time in lieu, it's all on my time that this is done.), not because I want a pat on the back each time I do something, that would be awkward and insincere. I do all of these things because I want to contribute what I can to keep my co-workers and supervisors happy and content that when they need something from what I'm doing, it is easily accessible.
  more... It makes their stress load a bit less. I like to see happy people, and will always do my best to ensure that happens with the people around me. A simple thank you once in a while would do wonders for me, but that never happens. I only hear something they want to complain about, and what is done properly, correctly, and in order right in front of their faces is completely ignored. It's hard to hear the bad all the time, especially when it's made up just because the person needs something to complain about and someone to vent on, and never hear the good. What you hear is "just do it, you get profit sharing.".
The most enjoyable part of my job is helping others. Whether it be customers and/or co-workers, I love the ability of being able to assist and hopefully put the smile on everyone's face that I encounter.
As well, I enjoy so much that my job is so busy all the time. There is no time to be a clock watcher at all. As well, it's a daily challenge I set for myself, to accomplish a bit more each day than I did the day previous. It makes it fun.
Pros
profit sharing
Cons
lack of appreciation shown for any and all duties performed, even extra ones.
bonne esprit equipe
Journalier (Former Employee) –  Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, QCJanuary 15, 2016
je préparais les commandes pour les clients
je fessais l"inventaire
je plaçais des morceau reçu
je préparai commende pour livre
je déchargais les camion avec chariot élévateur
Pros
bonne esprit équipe
Cons
mis a pied a cause recesion
Travail
Commis à l'expédition (Former Employee) –  québecOctober 22, 2015
Préparer les commandes pour les livraisons,
Charger les camions
Conduire le chariot élévateur.
Travail d'équipe bien.