EMCO Corporation Employee Review

View all EMCO Corporation reviews

Productive and extremely busy workplace.
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 September 2012
A typical day at work for me consists of answering anywhere from 500 to 850 calls per day, and allocating them to the proper locations within the branch or to other branches throughout the city. As well, processing and checking upwards of 900+ invoices per day.
I've learned so much with this company. Firstly, and most proudly, I've learned to better my communication skills, and my understanding with any and all personality types I encounter. Whether it be customers or co-workers, I encounter all types, from angry, to disgruntled, to happy, to unsure, and so on.
I've learned to listen to two things at once and comprehend both that I am listening to, and respond appropriately.
I've greatly enhanced my ability to multitask. Although it is said multitasking is not real, it cannot happen, I don't believe that for a second. I do it every day, all day. Without it, I would never get all my work done.
The hardest part of the job may seem a bit trivial to some, but for me it's so very important, and something I hope will be rectified with meetings and possibly training. There is a great lack of appreciation for a job well done, extra work completed, overtime worked. I do all of these, (The overtime worked I do not get paid for, nor do I get time in lieu, it's all on my time that this is done.), not because I want a pat on the back each time I do something, that would be awkward and insincere. I do all of these things because I want to contribute what I can to keep my co-workers and supervisors happy and content that when they need something from what I'm doing, it is easily accessible.
  more... It makes their stress load a bit less. I like to see happy people, and will always do my best to ensure that happens with the people around me. A simple thank you once in a while would do wonders for me, but that never happens. I only hear something they want to complain about, and what is done properly, correctly, and in order right in front of their faces is completely ignored. It's hard to hear the bad all the time, especially when it's made up just because the person needs something to complain about and someone to vent on, and never hear the good. What you hear is "just do it, you get profit sharing.".
The most enjoyable part of my job is helping others. Whether it be customers and/or co-workers, I love the ability of being able to assist and hopefully put the smile on everyone's face that I encounter.
As well, I enjoy so much that my job is so busy all the time. There is no time to be a clock watcher at all. As well, it's a daily challenge I set for myself, to accomplish a bit more each day than I did the day previous. It makes it fun.
Pros
profit sharing
Cons
lack of appreciation shown for any and all duties performed, even extra ones.

Other EMCO Corporation Employee Reviews

Great Opportunities
Management Trainee (Current Employee) –  Southern Alberta1 December 2017
Lot of support for self development. Opportunities to grow and move through the company. Training is provided and self development is encouraged. Salaries are competitive and the EMCO profit sharing can be very large based on performance. Can work long hours but it is with great people. Fun customer focused culture.
Pros
Great team and great customers
Cons
Lots to do, always
Great place to work overall.
Forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 October 2017
Great, friendly co-workers. Had alot of fun working at Emco but also had alot of work. Perfect balance to keep the body and mind at one, especially in a warehouse.
Pros
Annual raises, Weekends off, great staff and co-workers
Cons
Lots of the forklifts werent maintained properly

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EMCO Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.