EMCO Corporation Employee Reviews

Unprofitable for 5 years before i joined
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ottawa East, ON3 January 2018
Brought new buisness but at low margins
But getting mfg rebates

Low margins due to lost buisness over last years and 9 different wholesale companies
In east end of town within 12 km

Employees made bonus in 2016 and will increase in 2017
Pros
Run as your own business
Great Opportunities
Management Trainee (Current Employee) –  Southern Alberta1 December 2017
Lot of support for self development. Opportunities to grow and move through the company. Training is provided and self development is encouraged. Salaries are competitive and the EMCO profit sharing can be very large based on performance. Can work long hours but it is with great people. Fun customer focused culture.
Pros
Great team and great customers
Cons
Lots to do, always
Great place to work overall.
Forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 October 2017
Great, friendly co-workers. Had alot of fun working at Emco but also had alot of work. Perfect balance to keep the body and mind at one, especially in a warehouse.
Pros
Annual raises, Weekends off, great staff and co-workers
Cons
Lots of the forklifts werent maintained properly
Probably the worst place I've ever worked
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC16 September 2017
This was by far the worst place I ever worked at!! in order to make it anywhere within the company one would have to be within the inner circle of the management and if you fell out of that inner circle your time there was very short.
Pros
Slow most days
Cons
Long hours, management is horrible, pay is horrible
The Start of a Great Career
Sales Development Trainee (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB1 August 2017
I joined Emco as a Sales Development trainee. It's been almost a year since I started working here and I have nothing but positive things to say. Having no industry experience, I started in the warehouse and worked my way up to a counter/inside sales role. Everyone works together as a team to get the job done and uphold the values of the company. We are rewarded for hard work and treated generously by management. If you are looking to start a career with ample opportunity to grow, you should consider applying for roles within Emco.
Worker (Current Employee) –  London, ON17 June 2017
EMCO is a good place to work. People have worked then on average for more than 20 years, which speaks volumes about the company. Head office is in London, ON.
Emco
DZ Driver (Current Employee) –  Orleans, ON5 June 2017
Emco is an alright place to work but there is no growth or raises but if you work higher up in the company there is profit sharing. Early morning starts 5 am
Produtctive and Entrepreunial enviroment
Profit Centre Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 May 2017
It is an Entrepreneurial work environment with lots of growth opportunities fro growth for the right fit.
Not for all pay structure.
Pays third segment with Profit share that for Branches outside the main locations or smaller locations can do well for payouts.
Pros
Entrepreunial
Cons
De-Centralized
great place to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB18 April 2017
I was not with Emco for very long, but they offer a great benefit package and bonuses for hard work. They are a company that will reward their employees for their hard work.
unfortunately unless your a close friend of Family member of management you will very unlikely go anywhere at the location i was at
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB4 April 2017
you will be expected to long hours without pay and partake in work related activities outside of regular working hours without pay and if you don't you will not last long there.
a lot of the employees are family related and are treated much differently then the ones that are not.
Pros
better then no job
Cons
lots of hours without pay & very low standards of treatment of employees by warehouse manager
fast paced work environment, friendly people
Warehouseman / shipper (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 March 2017
i enjoyed working for emco in the warehouse. It taught me so much about plumbing and the fitting application of it all. I also had a great work relationship with all the employees at the time.
Last place you should work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC9 March 2017
Do not go here unless you like being made to feel unworthy.Manager thinks too much of himself-should retire and do us all a favour.
They can not keep employees because they do not know how to treat employees with respect.
Pros
Cons
Working there
Hostile ,stressful,
Driver (Former Employee) –  Huxley road2 February 2017
I did not know that places like this still were around. Used fear as form of control, very Rasict supervisor with jokes and lots of billing from older staff. No money spent on safety using profit sharing as reason no over time pay they said you get time off instead that you were never able to take. Very high stress I have truly never seen such a company in my life. Horrible experience tramtising even.
Pros
Leaving
Cons
Were do I start please find reaserch before you work there ask if there is new people in charge
Profit sharing a joke
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC6 December 2016
They will sell you on their bonus program and justify paying well below market value. The big jobs are for the old boys club and not for the everyday branches. Out of touch upper management.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Low pay, bad upper management
Fairly good enviroment
Senior buyer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 November 2016
Over qualified for the Senior buyer position. Wanted more buying lines, Had my work and buying responsibilities completed by noon each day. Purchasing Manager did not want to give away any of his buying responsibilities.
Pros
good bonus package
Cons
over qualified for position I had
Great place to work!
Technical Sales (Current Employee) –  Canada26 September 2016
Great place to make a career. A company that truly cares about it's people! Great life/work balance. Great benefits and an EAP program. 10/10 place to grow a career!
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON28 April 2016
Great work enviroment; Lots of fun times with these guys. working as a handler was really fun. but the summer heat kills you inside a seacan
Pros
partys
Cons
odd hours
Not for parents
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 March 2016
Emco was, in my opinion, a decent place to work. The hours were great and the pay was a little below average but the work environment and people i worked with made it all worth while. However, I do not recommend this company if you are any kind of parent. I was absent from work 2 times in a given year due to illness of a special needs 2 year old and was treated very poorly my my manager for not being able to just drop him off with a baby sitter.
The best, most generous company & people I've ever worked for/with.
Receptionist / Amin. Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 February 2016
Emco Corporation, Branch 745 is by far the best, most fair, most fun place I have every worked thus far. The staff in every department are absolutely fantastic, they made every day enjoyable. Emco, the corporation really takes care of their employees, with all of the benefits they offer their employees. The work is great, there is always a whole lot to do, never a dull moment. I miss it/them so much.
Pros
Everything you can imagine.
Cons
Not one con.
bonne esprit equipe
Journalier (Former Employee) –  Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, QC15 January 2016
je préparais les commandes pour les clients
je fessais l"inventaire
je plaçais des morceau reçu
je préparai commende pour livre
je déchargais les camion avec chariot élévateur
Pros
bonne esprit équipe
Cons
mis a pied a cause recesion

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EMCO Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.