EMCO Corporation

EMCO Corporation Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great branch with great employees
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONMarch 26, 2014
Pros: location, management
Cons: needed something more challenging
Approved accounts payable, filed packing slips, invoiced customers, vendor credits and returns.

Great bunch of employees and management.

Developed a relationship with vendors
I was a material handler and forklift operator
Order Picker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 13, 2013
I worked 8-4:30 monday to friday and I actually really enjoyed working there. Meetings were often held to voice one's opinion and there was a lot of room for growth financially.
Productive and extremely busy workplace.
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 30, 2012
Pros: profit sharing
Cons: lack of appreciation shown for any and all duties performed, even extra ones.
A typical day at work for me consists of answering anywhere from 500 to 850 calls per day, and allocating them to the proper locations within the branch or to other branches throughout the city. As well, processing and checking upwards of 900+ invoices per day.
I've learned so much with this company. Firstly, and most proudly, I've learned to better – more... my communication skills, and my understanding with any and all personality types I encounter. Whether it be customers or co-workers, I encounter all types, from angry, to disgruntled, to happy, to unsure, and so on.
I've learned to listen to two things at once and comprehend both that I am listening to, and respond appropriately.
I've greatly enhanced my ability to multitask. Although it is said multitasking is not real, it cannot happen, I don't believe that for a second. I do it every day, all day. Without it, I would never get all my work done.
The hardest part of the job may seem a bit trivial to some, but for me it's so very important, and something I hope will be rectified with meetings and possibly training. There is a great lack of appreciation for a job well done, extra work completed, overtime worked. I do all of these, (The overtime worked I do not get paid for, nor do I get time in lieu, it's all on my time that this is done.), not because I want a pat on the back each time I do something, that would be awkward and insincere. I do all of these things because I want to contribute what I can to keep my co-workers and supervisors happy and content that when they need something from what I'm doing, it is easily accessible. It makes their stress load a bit less. I like to see happy people, and will always do my best to ensure that happens with the people around me. A simple thank you once in a while would do wonders for me, but that never happens. I only hear something they want to complain about, and what is done properly, correctly, and in order right in front of their faces is completely ignored. It's hard to hear the bad all the time, especially when it's made up just because the person needs something to complain about and someone to vent on, and never hear the good. What you hear is "just do it, you get profit sharing.".
The most enjoyable part of my job is helping others. Whether it be customers and/or co-workers, I love the ability of being able to assist and hopefully put the smile on everyone's face that I encounter.
As well, I enjoy so much that my job is so busy all the time. There is no time to be a clock watcher at all. As well, it's a daily challenge I set for myself, to accomplish a bit more each day than I did the day previous. It makes it fun. – less