Embassy Suites

Embassy Suites Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
The guests were the highlight of it all
Head Bartender, Server (Former Employee), Orladno, FLOctober 21, 2014
Pros: happy hour, great coworkers
Cons: some management, not apart of hilton company
I enjoyed working with all the guests that I encountered. My co workers were also a joy but being the main bartender there I met most of the guests. My work day would last about 12 hours over the weekend so I honestly saw everyone leaving and coming back throughout the day. The job was wasy and really enjoyable if you like people as much as I do. During – more... happy hour I served about 500 drinks and conversed with about 300 guests. I truly loved my job here that's why I stood for 3+ years. – less
Exciting and fun work place
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee), Little Rock, AROctober 19, 2014
Great Job I loved it so much met so many new people. This would be a great job for you if you are a people person.
productive & fun.
Housekeeper/ Houseman (Current Employee), Milpitas, CAOctober 18, 2014
helpful the other co worker. The company good to the employees.
No room for advancement
Catering Assistant - Prospect new clients (Former Employee), Walnut Creek, CAOctober 14, 2014
Management does not acknowledge your hard work. No training offered, you will have to work and learn on your own.
Fun workplace
Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Homewood, ALOctober 11, 2014
Love the enviromment, energetic team members satisfied customers. Five stars, left for closer job
A day in the life
Banquet Manager (Current Employee), Blue Ash, OHOctober 11, 2014
There is no typical day as a banquet manager. That I why I love this industry. I usually get in in the around 7am get the functions started for the day. I meet with each client to see if I can be any assistance and go over the days agenda with them. Staff come in at 10am for lunch shift, I get them started and then head to the kitchen to make sure that – more... they are running on time and if they need any assistance. I make my rounds to the catering managers to fill them in on the day before and see what is ahead.

I have many responsibilities I do invoice for the food and beverage department, I place orders for the food and beverage department linen, coke, china and glassware,uniforms. I take care of creating specialty menus for the catering department while maintaining a 25% food cost.

When my supervisor gets in I brief him on the day and go over his responsibilities and see where he is with taking care of our rooms. I check in with my housemen to see that they are being consistent on room settings and cleanliness.

In the afternoons is when I get a lot of my reports and schedules and meetings done. – less
I was able to grow as a manager in a fast paced working environment.
Assistant Front Office Manager (Former Employee), Waltham, MAOctober 10, 2014
• Effectively manage the front office operations to achieve customer satisfaction, quality service and compliance with corporate/franchise policies and procedures while meeting/exceeding financial goals.
• Responsible for balancing hotel inventory and managing the properties revenue system such as same day overbooking and the release of hotel blocks – more... and allotments.
• Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff. Assign and instruct guest service agents in details of work. Observes performance and encourages improvement.
• Ensure that the arrival, departure, and any other guest contact experience are conducted in an efficient and friendly manner. Recruit, interview – less
Outstanding Hospitality
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCOctober 8, 2014
Pros: meet so many different from all walks of life
Cons: working short staff
A typical work day at the Embassy Suites was good looking forward to inspecting rooms, training, helping, and making guest feel welcome was all in a days work.

Management was great they all treated you with respect, and kindness we worked as a family by looking out for each other making sure that we were getting proper rest, meals, time off, and keeping – more... up the moral in the work place this included co-workers as well

The hardest part of the job was when I was short staffed it put more pressure on everyone to fill in and make the job happen anyway.

The most enjoyable part of my job was at the end of the day when I looked back and saw the hotel was clean, and everything was running smooth. – less
Fast paced learning environment, great to learn new skills
Assistant Executive Housekeeper (Former Employee), Montgomery, AlabamaOctober 8, 2014
Pros: economical employee lunches provided by hotel
Cons: no advancement opportunity within the hotel, poor management
A typical workday in my position was anywhere between eight to ten hours. I enjoyed my co-workers very much, everyone was friendly and we had a great time working together. The hardest part of this particular job was the lack of department to department communication but the best part was learning new skills in a new position.
Good except for the top brass
Assistant Food and Beverage Director (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOOctober 2, 2014
Pros: great team
Cons: the head of the fish
I loved this job- except for the GM. He was a New Yorker that truly believed that everyone that was not from the east coast were idiots.
A great place to work
Hotel Breakfast Cook/Front Desk (Former Employee), Baton Rouge,LASeptember 29, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: advancement
The great part about working here is everyone is like family here. All the co workers are like your extended family it is very close nit group. The best part about working here is interacting with the guest. You meet new an unique people everyday.
It was a great work place. loved the environment
Front Desk Assistant (Former Employee), Brooklyn Park, MNSeptember 29, 2014
discounted lunch, great people, growing opportunities. I love how I got promoted twice within two months of working at the job.
Good tips, good crew
Room Service Attendant (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARSeptember 27, 2014
It can be stressful with certain guest but the team was great.
Fun work environment
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Irving, TXSeptember 26, 2014
I had the best hours 6am-2:30pm, Management was very flexible and professional. The daily routine was the same, face paced, and the opportunity to meet people all around the world, plus the VIP's.
GOOD
banquet server on call (Current Employee), Lake Buena Vista, FLSeptember 24, 2014
EMBASSY SUITES HOTEL ..TRAINING STANDARDS FOR BANQUET SERVERAND ASSOCIATER
embassy
Front Desk Clerk/Receptionist (Former Employee), Tucson, AZSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: hotel benefits
Cons: bad management, unprofesssionalism
working was fun, staff was very mature easy going job, management clueless of what actually happens throughout the day
Fun place to work.
Suite Keeper (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INSeptember 18, 2014
It was a friendly environment. The co workers were nice, and so were the customers.
fast paced environmrnt
Breakfast Chef (Former Employee), Tigard, ORSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: great pay quick advances
Cons: long hours
loved the people and enjoyed the over all atmosphere. each day brought it's own challenges and rewards
stressful environment
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Sacramento, CASeptember 15, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: politics
i learn that politics plays hug roll in work place. also, its better to just remain quite and bite your tongue. i did enjoy tips and free food.
Front Office Guest Sevices
Front Office Agent (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLSeptember 12, 2014
Guest Service, Check in and Out Guests, Make Reservations and Build a network Leads

About Embassy Suites

Embassy Suites Hotels was recently named one of the top hotel chains for families in the 2004 U.S. Family Travel Guide by Zagat – Read more