Embassy Suites

Embassy Suites Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive, fun, and wonderful place to work !
Front Desk Representative (Current Employee), Des Moines, IANovember 11, 2014
The most enjoyable part of my job is my co workers , they are very friendly!
great christmas employee parties
Guest Service Manager (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKNovember 7, 2014
Great training for my first hotel job
great employee parties
Productive and fun
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 6, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: short breaks
Housekeeping is commonly referred to as ‘the heart of the hotel’, which I think is extremely fitting since any hotel worldwide would cease to function properly without this fundamental department.
work Environment
Server/Bartender (Former Employee), Washington, DCNovember 5, 2014
Great company to work with. always busy and crowded so great customer service skills and big smile should always be available when at work.
Typical hotel business
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXOctober 29, 2014
If you love constant customer interaction, then hotel work is for you. I was trained to work with Hilton's OnQ system. At the front desk you become the jack of all trades where I often assisted in valet, housekeeping, maintenance, and management.
Family Atmoshere
Sales & Catering Coordinator (Former Employee), Romulus, MIOctober 28, 2014
Pros: 9 to 5 schedule, discounted employee plan, great atmoshere to work in.
Cons: short breaks
A typical day at work would consist of returning calls or emails from guest or emails. Represent the hotel through conducting conferences, property tours, sales calls, and client lunches to prospective clients to solicit, explain, negotiate and close group business. Manage all aspects of the customer relationship including drafting proposals and contracts, – more... responding to customer inquiries, and organizing all other arrangements; e.g., rooming lists, VIP requests, thank you letters, rebates, reward points and experience reports. Design sales and marketing brochures and a variety of other collateral. Assist with special projects, coordinating events, sales and marketing plan research, etc. Distribute reports such as group resumes and definite contracts to the appropriate personnel. Utilize various software such as hotelSalesPro, OnQ Property Management and the R&I System, in order to maintain each group’s suites, details, revenue and inventory information. Create and implement an individual action plan in order to assist in meeting departmental goals. Qualify incoming calls, send faxes, answer phones, take messages, receive and disperse incoming mail, prepare expense reports, make copies and prepare sales kits.Take notes during sales department meeting and distribute copies to general manager and director of sales. – less
The work place is great
Dishwasher (Current Employee), Secaucus, NJOctober 25, 2014
The work place is a great environment to be around. The people are very nice and caring. The guest always leave good compliments. Working at Embassy Suites gave me a good idea of how to be professional in a work place. The most enjoyable thing about working their is the nice co-workers.
Hospitality is for people who love people such as myself
Banquet server (Former Employee), Livonia, MIOctober 25, 2014
My passion is helping others and thats what the Embassy Hotel does.
Full time position
Sales Manager (Current Employee), Santa Ana, CAOctober 22, 2014
WIll discuss in Interview I do not wish to put anything in writing that could threaten my employment
The guests were the highlight of it all
Head Bartender, Server (Former Employee), Orladno, FLOctober 21, 2014
Pros: happy hour, great coworkers
Cons: some management, not apart of hilton company
I enjoyed working with all the guests that I encountered. My co workers were also a joy but being the main bartender there I met most of the guests. My work day would last about 12 hours over the weekend so I honestly saw everyone leaving and coming back throughout the day. The job was wasy and really enjoyable if you like people as much as I do. During – more... happy hour I served about 500 drinks and conversed with about 300 guests. I truly loved my job here that's why I stood for 3+ years. – less
Exciting and fun work place
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee), Little Rock, AROctober 19, 2014
Great Job I loved it so much met so many new people. This would be a great job for you if you are a people person.
productive & fun.
Housekeeper/ Houseman (Current Employee), Milpitas, CAOctober 18, 2014
helpful the other co worker. The company good to the employees.
No room for advancement
Catering Assistant - Prospect new clients (Former Employee), Walnut Creek, CAOctober 14, 2014
Management does not acknowledge your hard work. No training offered, you will have to work and learn on your own.
Fun workplace
Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Homewood, ALOctober 11, 2014
Love the enviromment, energetic team members satisfied customers. Five stars, left for closer job
A day in the life
Banquet Manager (Current Employee), Blue Ash, OHOctober 11, 2014
There is no typical day as a banquet manager. That I why I love this industry. I usually get in in the around 7am get the functions started for the day. I meet with each client to see if I can be any assistance and go over the days agenda with them. Staff come in at 10am for lunch shift, I get them started and then head to the kitchen to make sure that – more... they are running on time and if they need any assistance. I make my rounds to the catering managers to fill them in on the day before and see what is ahead.

I have many responsibilities I do invoice for the food and beverage department, I place orders for the food and beverage department linen, coke, china and glassware,uniforms. I take care of creating specialty menus for the catering department while maintaining a 25% food cost.

When my supervisor gets in I brief him on the day and go over his responsibilities and see where he is with taking care of our rooms. I check in with my housemen to see that they are being consistent on room settings and cleanliness.

In the afternoons is when I get a lot of my reports and schedules and meetings done. – less
I was able to grow as a manager in a fast paced working environment.
Assistant Front Office Manager (Former Employee), Waltham, MAOctober 10, 2014
• Effectively manage the front office operations to achieve customer satisfaction, quality service and compliance with corporate/franchise policies and procedures while meeting/exceeding financial goals.
• Responsible for balancing hotel inventory and managing the properties revenue system such as same day overbooking and the release of hotel blocks – more... and allotments.
• Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff. Assign and instruct guest service agents in details of work. Observes performance and encourages improvement.
• Ensure that the arrival, departure, and any other guest contact experience are conducted in an efficient and friendly manner. Recruit, interview – less
Outstanding Hospitality
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCOctober 8, 2014
Pros: meet so many different from all walks of life
Cons: working short staff
A typical work day at the Embassy Suites was good looking forward to inspecting rooms, training, helping, and making guest feel welcome was all in a days work.

Management was great they all treated you with respect, and kindness we worked as a family by looking out for each other making sure that we were getting proper rest, meals, time off, and keeping – more... up the moral in the work place this included co-workers as well

The hardest part of the job was when I was short staffed it put more pressure on everyone to fill in and make the job happen anyway.

The most enjoyable part of my job was at the end of the day when I looked back and saw the hotel was clean, and everything was running smooth. – less
Fast paced learning environment, great to learn new skills
Assistant Executive Housekeeper (Former Employee), Montgomery, AlabamaOctober 8, 2014
Pros: economical employee lunches provided by hotel
Cons: no advancement opportunity within the hotel, poor management
A typical workday in my position was anywhere between eight to ten hours. I enjoyed my co-workers very much, everyone was friendly and we had a great time working together. The hardest part of this particular job was the lack of department to department communication but the best part was learning new skills in a new position.
Good except for the top brass
Assistant Food and Beverage Director (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOOctober 2, 2014
Pros: great team
Cons: the head of the fish
I loved this job- except for the GM. He was a New Yorker that truly believed that everyone that was not from the east coast were idiots.
A great place to work
Hotel Breakfast Cook/Front Desk (Former Employee), Baton Rouge,LASeptember 29, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: advancement
The great part about working here is everyone is like family here. All the co workers are like your extended family it is very close nit group. The best part about working here is interacting with the guest. You meet new an unique people everyday.

About Embassy Suites

Embassy Suites Hotels was recently named one of the top hotel chains for families in the 2004 U.S. Family Travel Guide by Zagat – Read more