Embassy Suites

Embassy Suites Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
RE: Do not work here
Valet Attendant (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONMay 23, 2014
Pros: much left to be desired
Cons: work enviroment, 2 tier system, both staff and mangement
Do not work here. The 2 tier staff Brutal, the 2 tier Mangement even worse. Given the duties and responsibilties of the position no pay.
productive and fun workplace
Intern (Current Employee), Fort Bragg, NCMarch 23, 2014
Its a good hotel to learn new things regarding your department. i really had a nice time in embassy got to know new techniques, skills which would help me in my future.
DO NOT WORK HERE!!!!!
Valet (Current Employee), Niagara falls OntarioAugust 6, 2013
The way your treated for the lousy amount they pay you is brutal, the senior employees think they own the place, and if you have a hair out of place they will fire you on the spot ! DO NOT WORK HERE!!!
not a bad place
Valet Attendant (Current Employee), Niagara Falls, ONJuly 22, 2013
friendly staff management wasn't amazing, hours were good
wonderful place to work for
Housekeeper/ Night maid (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONApril 11, 2013
Pros: medical/dental benefits
Cons: working shift work + weekends
i loved working for the embassy suites. if it was possible to still be employed ther i would. but a 3 hour + drive is not ideal. the staff is wonderful. they are very organized. they offer a vacation pay, sick days. and great benefits. i enjoyed working there.
Experience
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJanuary 28, 2013
Pros: good lunch breaks
Cons: once at the beginning i was really wrongfully accussed with no option but to apologize
Its a physically demanding position; they offered gratuities after a few months(it was really a nice surprise that was shared);

They're regular employees were very good and worked very fast;

It was the slow season in the hotel business that was too hard to overcome if there was no second position
Front Office
Reception, Concierge, Guest Relations (Former Employee), Orlando, FLDecember 3, 2012
Pros: great company
Front Office : Reception, Concierge, Guest Relations
• Respond to all resident requests &questions in a professional &courteous manner, whether via telephone, in person, or via e-mail.
• Providing accurate information &taking appropriate courses of action in regards to guest inquiries & complaints, etc.
Great Company to work for. Good salary, and work hours. The only bad thing is that it is a seasonal job.
Room Attendant (Current Employee), Niagara Falls, ONNovember 9, 2012
Pros: 9:00 to 5:30, fast paced environment
Cons: the heat
We start the day with a pre-shift. Then start our work day. I learned that cleaning hotel rooms at a fast pace is hard work. I really like the fact that the day fly's by! The house keeping managers are great, kind and helpful. My co-workers are fun, honest hard working people who are always willing to lend a helping hand. The hardest part of the job – more... is when your body temperature goes up and you have no choice but to keep working away. The best part is that its a 9:00am to 5:30pm job, you get 8 hours to complete your daily tasks. We are able to take our breaks when we want, and the company gives us free lunch, coffee and water. We also have a great benifits package. – less
amazing place to work in and get tasks done .
LINE COOK (Former Employee), phoenix,azJuly 18, 2014
Pros: half price on food and nice discounts for hotel stay for employees.
Cons: no healthcare or benefits
A decent place to work in very quick paced and clean. Facility is nice with lots of professionals frequenting on a daily basis.
Great work environment. Benefits decent.
Department Manager (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 14, 2014
Pros: great work environment.
Cons: pay/benefits needs improvement
Great work environment. Benefits are decent. Pay could be better comparative to the market.
I enjoyed my interaction with customers staying in the hotel.
Concierge (Former Employee), Washington, DCJuly 14, 2014
Pros: working with the hotel guest to insure their satifaction.
Cons: not being able to completely satifty all guests.
I worked as Concierge, helping people with all sorts of needs.
Assisted with where to eat to where to go for tours of the city,
to where to go for night life.I learned that people are people
no matter where they are from, their race, creed, or other
preference. The management was great to work for. I enjoyed
all my co-workers. We helped each other out – more... when needed.
The hardest part of the job was failing to satisfy every customer.
The most enjoyable part was the customer coming back happy
and thankful for your suggestions and directions. – less
respectable institution to work with
BUSSER/SERVER (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 12, 2014
Pros: parcels from the pta at the end of every term
Cons: remuneration was not encouraging
We(teachers) are schedule by a prepared time table so when my time is not due to teach I sit at the staff and read my notes and mark home work.
Wonderful management with great teaching colleagues.
it gets tough when preparing the students for their final exams
productive days
Assistant restaurant Manager (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 11, 2014
I am a manager and I have many co workers that work very hard with me to make things right and make a difference in someone's day. I learn new things everyday that I work and it's great learning experience.
good job
Houseman (Current Employee), Deerfield Beach, FLJuly 11, 2014
just work 9-5..how to work for a big company,management was fair to every person.the best part was the co-workers all nice and willing to help in every thing
Loved everything about the company
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 10, 2014
Pros: great brand good company good co-workers
Cons: n/a
From the GM to the managers and the rest of the staff everything was great. I worked for the company for about two years and the only reason i left was to chase better pay. The location I worked at has won best of it's brand year in it's existence I believe.
Love it very much .
Shipping/Receiving Clerk (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 8, 2014
Pros: lunces are free
Cons: long cumute
I learn a lot to be in the mid management. I became my own self to know that I love this job.
lots of different cultures there
Comp Breakfast/ Banquet Server (Former Employee), Portland, ORJune 27, 2014
It was a nice company to work for just not much advancement. you get discounts on rooms in other hotels. The management isn't the greatest.
A challenging position where I can utilize my exceptional communication and customer service skills
On-call Banquet Server (Current Employee), Covington, KYJune 27, 2014
Pros: employee discount at hilton hotels
Cons: part-time job; no benefits
I will be the first to tell that each day at work is challenging but because of my tenacity, ability to work under pressure and my desire to provide great customer service really makes it all the worth while! Thus,I am constantly learning skills at work because you work with different people which have different personalities each day (which makes this – more... the hardest part of my job), but this has taught me how to be an effective problem and decision maker. Our management motto is as employees WE are responsible for guest satisfaction and I can sincerely say that I constantly receive great customer feedback (which makes this the most enjoyable part of my job)!!! – less
Good Company Overall
Guest Services Agent/Night Auditor (Former Employee), Tigard, ORJune 21, 2014
Pros: free lunch, good employees, flexible schedule
Cons: difficult clientel, inconsistent working hours
The company overall was a pleasant one to work for. I got along well with all levels of staff. The job itself is a difficult one. Do not work in a hotel if you do not have a strong desire to please and provide high levels of customer service on a daily basis.
three stars
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJune 20, 2014
I reviewed Embassy Suites as nice place to work besides the job security. A typical day at work was pleasant and customer service friendly. What I learned at Embassy Suites is to always keep a smile on your face. Management was nice and friend also the co-workers. The hardest part of my job was not being able to meet my customers needs immediately. – more... The most enjoyable part of my job was the face to face interaction with them. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Embassy Suites

Embassy Suites Hotels was recently named one of the top hotel chains for families in the 2004 U.S. Family Travel Guide by Zagat – Read more