Embassy Suites Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
A place in which I grew
Banquet Co-ordinator (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONJanuary 4, 2016
Pros: banquet grats, staff lunches, secret santas, free breakfast
I Started working at Embassy Suites when I was 17 years old. At that point in my life I knew I had a lot of growing up to do. I started out as a breakfast runner. I was alright at the job, didn't mind it. Made a lot of new friends and learned new things.

As the years went by, I found myself wanting more from the job. At that point I made the decision to start working online as a breakfast cook. I enjoyed this particular spot because I was able to interact with the customers more, worked in a faster pace environment and also accepted a pay raise. Most of my shifts at that point were for breakfast, but some days I would have banquet shifts as well.

Banquets is the job that I excelled and enjoyed the most. It allowed me to work with various different types of foods, work under much more pressure and gave me more independence in the company.

At the end I can honestly say that Embassy Suites was a place that I grew as a person and a chef. I had many years there, made friends and even family.
Night auditor
Night Auditor (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONOctober 23, 2015
Working as a night audit I was able to learn a lot about how a hotel gets ready for the next day and other operations. I was also trained how to be a front desk agent and working with guests.
Good workers
Reservation agent (Current Employee), Niagara Falls, ONAugust 25, 2015
Pros: free lunch flexible hours
Cons: stressful job
i take incoming calls for reservations and deal with guest complaints co workers are nice high turn over rate nice company free lunches every month flexible hours
my first job in Canada
Concierge/Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee), Niagara Falls, ONMay 4, 2015
* Provided information to customers regarding Niagara Falls attractions and restaurants

* Increased sales of attractions by promoting services and selling tickets

* Calculated foreign currency exchange and transfer money into requested currency for customers

* Verified reservation information for guests and assist them in making reservation for various amenities in the city
Best employment ive had
Breakfast Cook/Server (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: na
Cons: na
staff was very friendly, pay and hours were excellent, stress free enviroment, interaction with customers, available transportation to and from workplace
Great place to work.
Breakfast Runner/Cook (Current Employee), Niagara Falls, ONNovember 28, 2014
Pros: cheap breakfast !
Cons: not many hours during slow season
Since day one I have felt like this is a very well position for me and any others wishing to pursue a job as a breakfast cook.
Every employee seems very happy and any issues that arise are taken care of quickly and efficiently.
Hardest part of the job would have to be being up early in the morning, however it works out being done with hours still left in your day.
RE: Do not work here
Valet Attendant (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONMay 23, 2014
Pros: much left to be desired
Cons: work enviroment, 2 tier system, both staff and mangement
Do not work here. The 2 tier staff Brutal, the 2 tier Mangement even worse. Given the duties and responsibilties of the position no pay.
DO NOT WORK HERE!!!!!
Valet (Current Employee), Niagara falls OntarioAugust 6, 2013
The way your treated for the lousy amount they pay you is brutal, the senior employees think they own the place, and if you have a hair out of place they will fire you on the spot ! DO NOT WORK HERE!!!
not a bad place
Valet Attendant (Current Employee), Niagara Falls, ONJuly 22, 2013
friendly staff management wasn't amazing, hours were good
wonderful place to work for
Housekeeper/ Night maid (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONApril 11, 2013
Pros: medical/dental benefits
Cons: working shift work + weekends
i loved working for the embassy suites. if it was possible to still be employed ther i would. but a 3 hour + drive is not ideal. the staff is wonderful. they are very organized. they offer a vacation pay, sick days. and great benefits. i enjoyed working there.
Experience
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJanuary 28, 2013
Pros: good lunch breaks
Cons: once at the beginning i was really wrongfully accussed with no option but to apologize
Its a physically demanding position; they offered gratuities after a few months(it was really a nice surprise that was shared);

They're regular employees were very good and worked very fast;

It was the slow season in the hotel business that was too hard to overcome if there was no second position
Great Company to work for. Good salary, and work hours. The only bad thing is that it is a seasonal job.
Room Attendant (Current Employee), Niagara Falls, ONNovember 9, 2012
Pros: 9:00 to 5:30, fast paced environment
Cons: the heat
We start the day with a pre-shift. Then start our work day. I learned that cleaning hotel rooms at a fast pace is hard work. I really like the fact that the day fly's by! The house keeping managers are great, kind and helpful. My co-workers are fun, honest hard working people who are always willing to lend a helping hand. The hardest part of the job is when your body temperature goes up and you have no choice but to keep working away. The best part is that its a 9:00am to 5:30pm job, you get 8 hours to complete your daily tasks. We are able to take our breaks when we want, and the company gives us free lunch, coffee and water. We also have a great benifits package.