Embassy Suites

Embassy Suites Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
RE: Do not work here
Valet Attendant (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONMay 23, 2014
Pros: much left to be desired
Cons: work enviroment, 2 tier system, both staff and mangement
Do not work here. The 2 tier staff Brutal, the 2 tier Mangement even worse. Given the duties and responsibilties of the position no pay.
DO NOT WORK HERE!!!!!
Valet (Current Employee), Niagara falls OntarioAugust 6, 2013
The way your treated for the lousy amount they pay you is brutal, the senior employees think they own the place, and if you have a hair out of place they will fire you on the spot ! DO NOT WORK HERE!!!
not a bad place
Valet Attendant (Current Employee), Niagara Falls, ONJuly 22, 2013
friendly staff management wasn't amazing, hours were good
wonderful place to work for
Housekeeper/ Night maid (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONApril 11, 2013
Pros: medical/dental benefits
Cons: working shift work + weekends
i loved working for the embassy suites. if it was possible to still be employed ther i would. but a 3 hour + drive is not ideal. the staff is wonderful. they are very organized. they offer a vacation pay, sick days. and great benefits. i enjoyed working there.
Experience
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJanuary 28, 2013
Pros: good lunch breaks
Cons: once at the beginning i was really wrongfully accussed with no option but to apologize
Its a physically demanding position; they offered gratuities after a few months(it was really a nice surprise that was shared);

They're regular employees were very good and worked very fast;

It was the slow season in the hotel business that was too hard to overcome if there was no second position
Great Company to work for. Good salary, and work hours. The only bad thing is that it is a seasonal job.
Room Attendant (Current Employee), Niagara Falls, ONNovember 9, 2012
Pros: 9:00 to 5:30, fast paced environment
Cons: the heat
We start the day with a pre-shift. Then start our work day. I learned that cleaning hotel rooms at a fast pace is hard work. I really like the fact that the day fly's by! The house keeping managers are great, kind and helpful. My co-workers are fun, honest hard working people who are always willing to lend a helping hand. The hardest part of the job – more... is when your body temperature goes up and you have no choice but to keep working away. The best part is that its a 9:00am to 5:30pm job, you get 8 hours to complete your daily tasks. We are able to take our breaks when we want, and the company gives us free lunch, coffee and water. We also have a great benifits package. – less
An okay place to work
Banquet Captain (Former Employee), Kansas City, MONovember 24, 2014
Pros: work with different people
Cons: not enough hours
Ensure that all of the banquet events go as plan, direct the setting, execution and breaking down of the event, prepare banquet check and close paperwork for the day
Get to stay on of Executive duties and lean other skills.
Assistant Supervisor (Current Employee), Blue Ash, OHNovember 22, 2014
Pros: the hotel will be getting a face lift .
Cons: new and bigger break room.
I enjoy my boss he gets to take the major heat if there are problems.I love to come in and opening up.The hardest part of my job is if employee call offs . The end of the day
Beautiful working area and nice staff to work with
Bartender/Server (Current Employee), Washington, DCNovember 18, 2014
Pros: employee meals
Cons: no parking, 10 min lunch break
My day would include coming in setting up bar area. Getting tale tops ready for lunch follow. At the end of lunch I would wipe off bottles and change menu for dinner.
At this job I learned how to set up a morning bar and deal with costumers from all areas of the world.
Management was easy to work with once I understood their personal style. My coworkers – more... were very pleasant. There was no gossiping and everybody got their work done in a timely fashion.
The hardest part of my job honestly is all the down time. Because most of our business comes from the hotel there are parts of the day when there is no work. I like to say busy and turn tables fast so that's the only problem I have with my current job!
Overall I'm happy and want to maintain a busy bartending job!! – less
Every day is a new adventure
FRONT OFFICE MANAGER (Former Employee), Des Moines, IANovember 13, 2014
Pros: travel benefits
Cons: high turn over
Hotels are a geat place to work: Great tavel benefits!! It can be hard to work for a 24-7 organization, but you get used to it. Hotel work is very interesting: you meet people from all around the world!!
Wonderful company to work for
Bartender and Server (Former Employee), Columbus, OHNovember 11, 2014
Embassy Suites is a beautiful hotel that prides itself in its ability to take care of its customers.
Productive, fun, and wonderful place to work !
Front Desk Representative (Current Employee), Des Moines, IANovember 11, 2014
The most enjoyable part of my job is my co workers , they are very friendly!
great christmas employee parties
Guest Service Manager (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKNovember 7, 2014
Great training for my first hotel job
great employee parties
Productive and fun
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 6, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: short breaks
Housekeeping is commonly referred to as ‘the heart of the hotel’, which I think is extremely fitting since any hotel worldwide would cease to function properly without this fundamental department.
work Environment
Server/Bartender (Former Employee), Washington, DCNovember 5, 2014
Great company to work with. always busy and crowded so great customer service skills and big smile should always be available when at work.
Typical hotel business
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXOctober 29, 2014
If you love constant customer interaction, then hotel work is for you. I was trained to work with Hilton's OnQ system. At the front desk you become the jack of all trades where I often assisted in valet, housekeeping, maintenance, and management.
Family Atmoshere
Sales & Catering Coordinator (Former Employee), Romulus, MIOctober 28, 2014
Pros: 9 to 5 schedule, discounted employee plan, great atmoshere to work in.
Cons: short breaks
A typical day at work would consist of returning calls or emails from guest or emails. Represent the hotel through conducting conferences, property tours, sales calls, and client lunches to prospective clients to solicit, explain, negotiate and close group business. Manage all aspects of the customer relationship including drafting proposals and contracts, – more... responding to customer inquiries, and organizing all other arrangements; e.g., rooming lists, VIP requests, thank you letters, rebates, reward points and experience reports. Design sales and marketing brochures and a variety of other collateral. Assist with special projects, coordinating events, sales and marketing plan research, etc. Distribute reports such as group resumes and definite contracts to the appropriate personnel. Utilize various software such as hotelSalesPro, OnQ Property Management and the R&I System, in order to maintain each group’s suites, details, revenue and inventory information. Create and implement an individual action plan in order to assist in meeting departmental goals. Qualify incoming calls, send faxes, answer phones, take messages, receive and disperse incoming mail, prepare expense reports, make copies and prepare sales kits.Take notes during sales department meeting and distribute copies to general manager and director of sales. – less
The work place is great
Dishwasher (Current Employee), Secaucus, NJOctober 25, 2014
The work place is a great environment to be around. The people are very nice and caring. The guest always leave good compliments. Working at Embassy Suites gave me a good idea of how to be professional in a work place. The most enjoyable thing about working their is the nice co-workers.
Hospitality is for people who love people such as myself
Banquet server (Former Employee), Livonia, MIOctober 25, 2014
My passion is helping others and thats what the Embassy Hotel does.
Full time position
Sales Manager (Current Employee), Santa Ana, CAOctober 22, 2014
WIll discuss in Interview I do not wish to put anything in writing that could threaten my employment

1 2 3 4 5

About Embassy Suites

Embassy Suites Hotels was recently named one of the top hotel chains for families in the 2004 U.S. Family Travel Guide by Zagat – Read more