Elwood Staffing Employee Reviews

No job security
Warranty Specialist (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UT17 January 2017
If you are looking for temporary work this staffing agency can help you. I have been employed since March and I'm still a temporary employee.
Deceitful staff
Temporary Worker (Current Employee) –  Utah County, UT13 January 2017
The staff lie about what experience youll get at a job. They will say theyll let you apply to different jobs but give you the run around and finish with a"looks like those positions are filled".
Pros
You can only apply for no skill jobs regardless of experience
Cons
Theyll waste your time and lie to both the company and the temp at the temps expense
Associate (Former Employee) –  Greensburg, IN11 January 2017
They are there to help with any concerns you may have. Good staffing agency with very respectful staff. Payment is always on time and benefits are nice.
Want a job nobody else wants? Shop here
worker (Current Employee) –  tennessee8 January 2017
Lowest paying service in this area of the country. Advertises well-paying jobs as bait, then sends everyone off to $8 and $9 jobs. Not credible, honest, or caring in their placements and actions.
Anybody but these folks.
Pros
Job won't last long. Maybe 60 days.
Cons
Too many to list
A great place to find a new career.
Temp-to-Perm Candidate (Current Employee) –  LaGrange, GA5 January 2017
I find Elwood's staff to be professional, pleasant and personable. Elwood Staffing is one of the best job placement organizations I've worked with.
Pros
Variety of job types
Cons
Temporary lulls when business is low...can't be helped
If you don't care where you are placed, good place to go.
General Labor Worker (Former Employee) –  Holland, MI4 January 2017
The office people are very friendly, do all your paperwork and drug testing right away, I was placed in a job the day I would go in. Now, here are my issues. I had some specific requests to accommodate a past injury and was told over and over that this job met my requirements. I got there for the assignment and it was everything I asked NOT to be put in. So with that said, ASK to see what your doing if you have specific needs. Coworkers in the area I worked in were not nice at all, vocal about not wanting to train you, no one introduces themselves, so you are left to each his own. Also I was told, some overtime but occasional, and I asked my trainer my first day how much OT and was told 7 days currently, usually 6 days year round. So talking to others who have worked at these places is imperative to learn the full truth on what the job entails. I learned that temp manufacturing jobs are not for me.
Pros
Referral bonus
Cons
Lack of care when being placed.
productive and adamite
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, IN3 January 2017
very professional. quick at finding jobs. friendly atmosphere and good training. located at an easy to find area. highly recommend. management was friendly
not good
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Prescott Valley, AZ31 December 2016
the hardest part time job did not enjoy that they place you in places that you have no chance of a job with place for full time no benefits but they do work hard to find you work
Very Reliable
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CA31 December 2016
I have been associated with Elwood Staffing since before they actually acquired their current name. This company and their job recruiters are second to none.
great
Associate (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN30 December 2016
grow myself with meeting new people, i am also very enjoy my work that kind environment for short time, also get to learn a lot of things that i have not know before.
great company
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KY26 December 2016
great company willing to work with their employees understanding and on holidays they buy everyone lunch. when your there you feel safe..
Pros
free food, great communticaton
Cons
if you was temp you didnt get any health care
fun fast pace friendly enviroment
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Graham, TX22 December 2016
Enjoy working in a fast paced working environment I enjoyed the company great benefits family oriented what else am I supposed to say.
Pros
break times
Cons
short breaks
Worthless
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Pocatello, ID21 December 2016
Has been over a month and haven't been given one job.what few jobs they have listed aren't even in my city.waste of time! You are better off doing your own job hunting.
Cons
No jobs
educational and intriguing place to work
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, IN20 December 2016
My typical day was logging information in the computer about cell phones received. I exceeded my limit plus more on a daily basis. I got to experience almost every department in the warehouse when I was done with my work early, so I learned a lot. Management was great. When they opened a new building I was one of the first to start so I would be able to teach others as they ventured to the new building as well. My co-workers was easy to work with and fast learners. we was all great team players. The hardest part was having to leave the job just when I was about to be promoted. Just being there everyday was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Good environment
Picker (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, IN19 December 2016
Stacking boxes, placing labels on boxes, scanning items putting them inside the boxes. The hardest part was moving the heavy boxes.
Pros
Environment
Cons
Short breaks
Depends
Welder (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN15 December 2016
Best to look at the job as gaining official experience because the pay isnt worth it to most people. So do what you have to do.
Don't Do It
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Bryan, Ohio7 December 2016
Terrible place to work!
Got hurt on the job, unable to work due to injury. Was made to come in the office and sit for 8 hours and do nothing, or I would lose my job! I have multiple back surgeries and was unable to sit that long. Was fired because I refused to sit all day, that I was unable to do due to my back!

Never was paid for my time off work, and ended up with surgery from my injury, and a permanent disability, and nerve damage!!!
Pros
Cons
Don't care about workers
Dont Do It
Internal Staffing Manager (Former Employee) –  Antioch, TN4 December 2016
Worst job ever. Everything is based on the good ole boy system, Therefore there is no way to advance in the company unless you no the right people in corporate,
Pros
Cons
everything
Cool staff
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bryan, TX29 November 2016
I think it's a great company I love the personality of the staff they have but the only downfall is every time I called there was never any work and the only work they do have if you do get a chance to go work somewhere are probably going to be a week or a month worth of work and contracts of temp-to-hire never happens ... waste of a year ...bust my chops .....experienced ......contract not being met with employers outside of that great staff ....I think they do a great job with Communication..... thats all!
Pros
Great personality of the staff
Cons
Rarely never any work if you call
Only place they have is Nse
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Oxford, AL28 November 2016
If you do happen to even hear from Elwood the only thing they do is throw everyone in that Honda plant.. Without no choice of what you do.
Working for nse pants you a really good picture at first til you actually get in the Honda plant where you will be under paid. And deal with bad ppl daily and that's just the bosses
They treat temps like footstools
Pros
at least your working
Cons
short breaks no communication and everyone thinks they are your boss

2.9