Elwood Staffing

Elwood Staffing Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
okay
Temp (Former Employee), Hillsdale, MISeptember 6, 2014
A temp agency is exactly that, temporary. It was a job that paid the bills but not a job that I wanted to stay at for the rest of my life. I would check parts for quality at a factory. The hardest part of the job was boredom.
Receiving Clerk
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee), McCalla, ALSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: 30 mins lunch and bring your own food
Cons: short break
pull out products out of trailers to check in and ready for stocking
The company works hard to place you in a position.
Clerical temporary assignments (Former Employee), Delta, COAugust 28, 2014
The company tries to match your skills to open positions. The staff is easily reachable.
Day on the job.
Data Intery and Receving (Former Employee), Plainfield, INAugust 24, 2014
stood for 12+hrs in one place Receiving & Data Entry of cell phones.
Fast pace work. Friendly people.
Fiberglass Roller (Former Employee), Plymouth, INAugust 24, 2014
Roll fiberglass tubs and showers. Rough working conditions, but friendly co-workers.
Don't go here go to sterling personnel
elwood staffing (Former Employee), Corpus ChristiAugust 21, 2014
Cons: poor management and prejudice
This place ALWAYS gave my husband the run around. He called every day and they always said the same thing. We sent in your application, or that they weren't interested and down right rude about it! Hated this place, it's funny how they never found him a job but sterling personnel found him a job in 2 days. And pays well.
All factory work
Laborer (Current Employee), Plymouth, INAugust 19, 2014
They are helpful, but don't have varied positions. This kind of work is not for me, so it's not very effective for me.
Good stepping stone into permanent position
Production Worker (Current Employee), Brighton, COAugust 18, 2014
Pros: steady work/hours, healthcare available
Cons: very disorganized office
While working for Elwood, I was able to obtain work rather quickly. Once I was involved in the hiring process and beyond, things got a bit unorganized. I had to wait weeks to start my position, and no one in the office could seem to tell me why. The position that I was placed into was exactly what I had requested, however, and once I was working things – more... ran smoothly. My position is/was very physical (I was assigned to Vestas), and there was a lot to learn. The most disappointing aspect of the job was the fact that a few weeks after I was hired, they started to hire for my same position as a direct hire, but I was still temporary. – less
Active Lead
Active Lead (Former Employee), Fort worth, TxAugust 13, 2014
Pros: incentive
Cons: no better pay
1. Responsible for employees overall all production goal.
2. How to be a great leader, time efficient, and do reports.
3. Send reports, keep up with production goals, and assist team.
4. solve conflicts, keep them productive, and motivate them.
5. dealing with diverse cultural group.
6. being able to help each one meet and exceed their production goals.
Helps out when you are in need
Logistics Specialist (Current Employee), Longmont, COAugust 8, 2014
This job was four ten hour shifts I learned a lot about packing a shipping. The management was great and my coworkers were friendly.
Kind of fast paced
Temp (Former Employee), Montgomery, ALAugust 7, 2014
A typical day here really was unknown. You never really knew if you had a job the day you showed up or not. While I was there I learned how to work better as a team.
easy place to work
General Laborer @ Tree Top (Former Employee), Yakima, WAAugust 6, 2014
overall good place to work,
there wasn't ever a real bad day of work.
staff is great in Yakima, wa
pasco, wa they are ok. . .
grrrr
Laborer (Former Employee), Goshen, INAugust 6, 2014
horrible place good jobs but overall the management sucks....
okay
Production/Ply (Former Employee), Ogden, UTJuly 28, 2014
Pros: able to listen to music to help concentrate
Cons: standing all day
My duties at this Job were quite challenging for me, I had to cut, measure and ply material. It was heavy material. your pretty much to yourself and don't talk to many people. the hardest part of this job was to get the measurements exact. I really didn't enjoy it at all.
Would not reccomend
Equipment Operator Cement (Former Employee), Strasburg, OhioJuly 23, 2014
Pros: enjoyed working with the guys. also they would all agree with everything i have written here.
Cons: the whole experience
Typical work day is you have no clue. Your on call 24/7 on your scheduled days on. Which was 15 on and 6 off. Impossible to have a personal life. I learned that safety is important........ Well kind of. They preach safety through useless training courses but once your in the field working it is nonexistent. They'll do whatever possible to get the job – more... done quickly and safety is thrown right out the door. MANAGEMENT.... Your just a name on a board for Schlumberger(this is who I was hired to work for through Elwood Staffing). They do not care about you one bit. To them you can be replaced in a month.. Which is why you see their hiring for Equipment Operators on a monthly basis. Also hiring for numerous other positions. They treat you as a slave no matter what the position is for. The hardest part of the job is the schedule and work environment. You will not have a life working here. Your better off finding another oil and gas company to work for. Work environment is hectic and not organized.
I found nothing enjoyable while working for Schlumberger.. Absolutely nothing. Most people who work there are single. Not a position for a family man who wants to spend time with their family. BTW the recruiters are just recruiters for Elwood. Take everything they tell you about Schlumberger with a grain of salt.... – less
Great Staffing Company
Production Worker (Former Employee), Oxford, ALJuly 22, 2014
Pays on time and I didnt have any problems with their staff
Assigned me to a job very fast
Production Warehouse
Temp (Former Employee), spanish fork utahJuly 17, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cons: short breaks
This job was four ten hour shifts I learned a lot about packing a shipping. The management was great and my cooworkers were friendly.
All around a good time
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Columbia CityJuly 16, 2014
For this assignment I worked in a church creating and designing bulletins and newsletters. Management was great to work with and for. I did not have many co-workers but I did assist different groups of the church and met many people that shaped my life. I learned to not take myself so seriously and people will be people. The most enjoyable part was – more... seeing the smiles on someones face when you could help them. – less
great people
Rig Welder (Former Employee), McGregor, TXJuly 16, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: you dont work for those people b
Elwood Staffing was great to work for. The people who send you out on jobs are very supportive and helpful.
not a good staffing company
Frac Tech operator (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 13, 2014
Pros: i had a job
Cons: they never kept their word
was told they would find me another job and that they would call me back and never did

1 2 3 4 5

About Elwood Staffing

Better opportunities. Better balance. Better match. Whatever better means to you, we’re the people who make it possible. Where – Read more