Elwood Staffing

Elwood Staffing Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Helpful but not supportive
LABORER (Current Employee), Carrollton, GAMay 16, 2015
Helped getting a job assignment quickly. Once on the job they are not very supportive if you have to be out for medical issues.
Elwood staffing is a great company
Clerical (Current Employee), Shawnee, KCMay 14, 2015
I have enjoyed doing temp work for them. Their staffing agents are courteous and professional.
They don't have many clerical positions available, so I have had to apply at a different agency.

I am looking for something that will provide me with a permanent position.
Helpful place for a temporary job
Re-Wrap Operator (Current Employee), GAF Michicgan City INMay 14, 2015
Pros: paid breaks
Cons: pay rate
They did help out finding a new job but new management came in and they were very rude and unhelpful. The place that i was staffed at couldn't hire me because of a new policy.
Work Placement
FCAW, MIG Welder (Former Employee), Irving, TXMay 10, 2015
Pros: Working with people you like
Cons: It is a Temporary Service and you have to wait to get hired on.
Elwood Staffing gave me the opportunity to work with Texas One Source to start my future in welding. I have worked with the other welders in the shop and they have showed me different ways to weld which made it easier for me to weld what I thought would be hard. Everyone there are great people to work with and will help you out in any situation. The most enjoyable part of the job is going to work.
nice people who work hard for you
Laborer (Current Employee), Belton MOMay 9, 2015
Pros: nice
Cons: sometimes no work
Always willing to help me when I come in with any questions. Do what they can for me to help me maintain employment. Spend the time to get to know me. Co-workers are nice
Prouductive and enjoable
Staffing Assistant (Former Employee), Horseheads, NYMay 6, 2015
My co-workers were great to work with, I loved to meet different people that came in and out the office and talking with them,
Good staff
Quality Analysis (Former Employee), Daleville, VAMay 3, 2015
Elwood has a great staff that helps you to get placed with a job! The company that they sent me to was a great company to work for, the only thing that I did not like was the ratio of women to me there.
Very fun and productive work environment
Packer (Current Employee), Chattanooga, TNMay 1, 2015
The things I enjoyed the most about my job was it was a nice clean fun work environment everyone was nice, friendly, and respectable. the hardest part about my job was the lack of work, when there is no work there is nothing to do. on a normal work day its very fast pace and the night went by quickly.
NOT impressed with this temp service.
Quality Inspection (Former Employee), Hillsdale, MIApril 29, 2015
I did enjoy the different places that I worked, HOWEVER nothing turned into full time. Most of the people that I worked with were AWESOME! Some of the places that I reported to were places that I understood why they had to use a temp agency for workers.
n/a
Staffing Specialist (Former Employee), LaGrange, GAApril 28, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: No job security
I liked my job to a certain extent but I did not like bringing people in for orientation and giving these people false hopes..I learned alot about how staffing companies operate and wold not go thru one to find a job myself.
If you ever get bored with the job your doing, or just want to be busier they will find you another job that fits your needs.
Assistant Carpenter (Former Employee), Kemmerer, WYOApril 28, 2015
Pros: Worked 10hr days everyday no matter what.
Cons: 1hr drive to work and 1hr drive home from work.
They have a really good system, and they are on top of it...finding you a job that you want is no problem for them and they find it fast. I learned how to do construction work like cement and running heavy equipment. The people I worked with were down to Earth, they new how to keep the work place fun...and still we got the job done.
The hardest thing about working with this company
Contract employee (Former Employee), Franklin, INApril 27, 2015
Pros: job placement
Cons: not promised full time employment
This company is a temporary employment agency. I didnt know if I would get hired on full time with any company. Luckily I gained a full time job and so great experience.
Very Diverse
Honda Manufacturing Association as a Temp (Former Employee), Oxford, ALApril 27, 2015
Pros: Good pay, friends
Cons: long hours, swing shifts
A day at Honda starts with a team meeting and a review of the schedule for the day. You work your schedule, remain on time, and go home. I learned that it is best to be highly observant. Management believes in doing things the right way the first time, which often meant that there was no back up plan for if things go wrong. This often resulted in a lot of downtime, which is the hardest part of the job. During downtime you have to find things to do and not sit down. The best part of the job is meeting new people from different walks of life.
enjoyed working for Elwood Staffing.
Temp @Valeo Engine & Cooling (Former Employee), Greensburg, INApril 23, 2015
Pros: was hired by Valeo
Cons: none
Was sent to work @ Valeo Engine & Cooling. Someone from Elwood would come by once a week to check and make sure thing were going alright, I was told if I had and problems just call
Friendly Setting
Trainer/Supervisor (Former Employee), Franklin, INApril 22, 2015
they did great. I enjoyed the women who helped me get the jobs. The jobs I was placed in also where very understanding and flexible when needed to be.
Fast paced environment requiring long hours
Contact Center Representative (Former Employee), Plainfield, INApril 22, 2015
Pros: Extra break passes, Customer service appreciation
Cons: Mandatory half hour lunches, long work days that went into the night
A typical day at work included trying to find a place to sit due to no assigned seating. I learned how to adjust and adapt very quickly. Management was always willing to help and provided tools for success. My co-workers were also very helpful, courteous and fun. The hardest part of the the job was working ten hours a day. The most enjoyable part of the job was that the morale was high.
great place to work
Line Associate (Current Employee), Lincoln, ALApril 22, 2015
Elwood Staffing is a great company that takes care of its employers. Elwood Staffing thrives off of making you the best employee you can be and they put in a position to be extremely successful in all fields.
Productive and fun work place to work
Warehouse Specialist (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTApril 20, 2015
The job was a very good experience along with nice managers and very friendly co-workers. very up beat place with no negative energy.
Operation/Customer service (Former Employee), South Bend, INApril 18, 2015
a typical day at work is based on what companies need workers and i would be available. I've learned that helping customers and other companies is a good way to learn many things about a job.
Good Company
Staffing Assistant/Staffing Manager (Former Employee), Arlington, TXApril 17, 2015
Pros: Growing stable compay!
I worked for Elwood for almost 3 years. In this time I went from a Staffing Assistant to a Staffing Manager. A typical day would be interviewing most days back to back, filling orders, running backgrounds, administering drug tests, orientations as well as doing unemployment and entering in payroll. Co-workers were great! Everyone seemed to pitch in and get the job done when needed! The hardest part of the job was calling employees and explaining to them that their assignment has ended. The most enjoyable part was being able to give people jobs!! Helping people find work is so rewarding!!

1 2 3 4 5

About Elwood Staffing

Better opportunities. Better balance. Better match. Whatever better means to you, we’re the people who make it possible. Where – Read more