Elwood Staffing Employee Reviews

Typical Staffing Job
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, IN1 February 2017
I can't say that this was the worst job I have ever had, but it was average. It was, of course, a temporary staffing position so the job security wasn't there. The problem I usually ran into was the promise of full time after 90 days, and then being let go after 89 days, only to be asked soon after if I wanted the same position again. This made it impossible to ever go full time which also meant I didn't qualify for medical benefits. Overall I liked the physical job that I had but I did not like the situation of the temporary position.
Cons
forever temporary, no medical benefits
Excellent company to work for
Staffing Manager and Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK19 March 2017
I am so happy I got to work at this company. I had a fantastic time. I especially loved the work culture and the possibilities for advancement. Every day I went to work, I felt happy to be there, and I especially loved the Mid-west district manager. Fantastic leader and really nice person.
Pros
Great work environment, great pay, high opportunity for advancement
Cons
No health insurance for 3 montsh
Hard work but worth it if you are willing and committed
Process Associate (Former Employee) –  Tallapoosa, GA28 February 2017
Very strict point system and swing shifts very hard to juggle with family. pay is good and overtime available. They are expanding company a lot of room for advancement. Once hired from to Temp to Permanent they offer excellent benefits package.
Pros
a week off during christmas
Cons
swing shifts
educational and intriguing place to work
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, IN20 December 2016
My typical day was logging information in the computer about cell phones received. I exceeded my limit plus more on a daily basis. I got to experience almost every department in the warehouse when I was done with my work early, so I learned a lot. Management was great. When they opened a new building I was one of the first to start so I would be able to teach others as they ventured to the new building as well. My co-workers was easy to work with and fast learners. we was all great team players. The hardest part was having to leave the job just when I was about to be promoted. Just being there everyday was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Part Sorter (Former Employee) –  Hillsdale, MI22 February 2017
I would walk in and have ten minutes free before I went to work. I would wait for a crate to get done and check all the rails for grease and check the bolts and make sure they weren't loose. I learned to get along with the people that I worked with. The management was great help. The hardest part of the job was to wait for the parts to get done. The enjoyable part of the job was working with friendly people.
Pros
Getting a thirty minute break and the vending machines were always stocked.
Cons
It had a lot of grease and you would always be dirty after work.
not good
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Prescott Valley, AZ31 December 2016
the hardest part time job did not enjoy that they place you in places that you have no chance of a job with place for full time no benefits but they do work hard to find you work
Difficult time moving up
Staffing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KY18 June 2016
A typical day is extremely busy and many walk-ins and phone calls depending on how busy the branch is. There were a lot of changes at the company and raises were very minimal.
Pros
Short commute, no traffic, good benefits, cost effective short term disability insurance
Cons
Poor management, no advancement opportunity, no training, equipment break often
Productive Work Place Employees Very Nice & Freindly.
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Antioch, TN2 February 2017
Walk Into the Warehouse clock in @ my designated Clock in Station. Big Warehouse Filled With Tons Of Associates from all sorts of Different Temp Companies.. All in All, it Was Great Fun Experience , While it Lasted , but Now im looking for a full time career . As a part of a Team.. Love DOin Teamwork and love bein A Part of The Family.
Pros
11+hr Jobs
Cons
15 min breaks
Don't Do It
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Bryan, Ohio7 December 2016
Terrible place to work!
Got hurt on the job, unable to work due to injury. Was made to come in the office and sit for 8 hours and do nothing, or I would lose my job! I have multiple back surgeries and was unable to sit that long. Was fired because I refused to sit all day, that I was unable to do due to my back!

Never was paid for my time off work, and ended up with surgery from my injury, and a permanent disability, and nerve damage!!!
Pros
Cons
Don't care about workers
Hondas work hours are not family oriented
Process Associate (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, AL19 February 2017
I work 2 weeks of dayshift and 2 weeks of nightshift. It makes it very hard to have a family life. The management seem to pick favorites. The job itself is not hard once you get used to the activity, but after so long your body gets worn down very bad.
Pros
great pay
Cons
favoritism
good jobs available
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, CO7 February 2017
Overall the company does have good positions for any kind of work people look for. I worked steady entire time I was there,, pay goes up with good performance, chances to hire to companies are good. Good place to start a career
Pros
good paying positions, not a hassle to get employed.
Cons
point of contact is a bit difficult to deal with due to high employment to others...
Awesome place to work
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Yakima, WA6 February 2017
One of the funnest and most productive places I've ever worked liked my job all of the associates were very friendly management was pretty cool it was just too hot inside of the warehouse especially when you're running 18 extruders in the middle of summer
Pros
2 of my older brothers work there
Cons
Very hard work especially in the heat
Loved the job, not the management
Staffing Assistant (Administrative) (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, IN15 November 2016
Days went by really fast, high volumes of people to process for jobs. Learned about government documents, diverse groups of people.
Management, not so hot.
Co-workers, wonderful.
Hardest part of job was not having anything to offer associates.
Most enjoyable part of job was seeing someone struggling start working.
Pros
Great friendships with co-workers
Cons
Very fake upper management
loading an palletizing
Package Handler/Janitorial (Former Employee) –  Twin Falls, ID9 September 2016
Cleaning taking out trash, packaging an loading pallets,to work well with others,firm management, clean an hard workers,assembly line, when the job is done an we have done well.
Pros
workmen's comp
Cons
no benefits
Cares about all employees
Staffing Specialist (Former Employee) –  LaGrange, GA 302416 June 2016
Elwood Staffing is a great staffing to work for. From corporate management to the branch managers, is a team of professionals that care about the employees and temporary associates. Great benefits and competitive wages.
Pros
Wages and staff
Cons
Needed more companies to send employees
Nice and carring employees
Secondary Markets (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KY8 March 2017
At Elwood Staffing I was Employed to go work at Geek squad City as a temp. Here I became very close with the management and fellow employees. My team leads were some of the best I have ever had at any previous jobs!
Pros
Strong bonds developed
Cons
Constant fear of losing job
Productive environment with awesome people.
Onsite specialist (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UT17 March 2017
I loved this opportunity. I learned amazing HR essentials and was teamed up with amazing people. My direct supervisor was very supportive, mentored me through tough challenges, and was ALWAYS approachable. My supervisors boss, and even her boss were all great people. I had a demanding job, but there were support systems in place, people I could rely on, and I always felt at home here. What I enjoyed the most was successful job matching. What I disliked the most was when someone's heart was in the job, but they just could not meet the demands of it for myriad reasons.
Pros
Great people.
Cons
None really.
If you don't care where you are placed, good place to go.
General Labor Worker (Former Employee) –  Holland, MI4 January 2017
The office people are very friendly, do all your paperwork and drug testing right away, I was placed in a job the day I would go in. Now, here are my issues. I had some specific requests to accommodate a past injury and was told over and over that this job met my requirements. I got there for the assignment and it was everything I asked NOT to be put in. So with that said, ASK to see what your doing if you have specific needs. Coworkers in the area I worked in were not nice at all, vocal about not wanting to train you, no one introduces themselves, so you are left to each his own. Also I was told, some overtime but occasional, and I asked my trainer my first day how much OT and was told 7 days currently, usually 6 days year round. So talking to others who have worked at these places is imperative to learn the full truth on what the job entails. I learned that temp manufacturing jobs are not for me.
Pros
Referral bonus
Cons
Lack of care when being placed.
work
Temporary Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbus, IN17 January 2017
Taking down shelves painting them, plus the walls that they word sit on. I learned to work hard. my managers when hard, they had to. we had a job to do in only 4 mouths. I was the only one who would work hard, plus I did not have any help for a couple of mouths the pay ways nice
Loved this job, with one exception
Staffing Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, OR11 May 2016
I absolutely loved this company, with the exception of their compensation and some of the management team. Yearly review was hastily put together by a manager who knew nothing about your work.

Work environment was amazing, and the team members were fantastic. Corporate office understood their employees and how things worked at a branch level. Yearly training with the corporate team was a blast, and keep everyone up to date with information.

Only complaint was the compensation was very low for the skill set required.

I loved being able to make a difference in peoples lives.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Elwood Staffing. Our community is ready to answer.