Elwood Staffing

Elwood Staffing Employee Reviews

Only place they have is Nse
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Oxford, AL28 November 2016
If you do happen to even hear from Elwood the only thing they do is throw everyone in that Honda plant.. Without no choice of what you do.
Working for nse pants you a really good picture at first til you actually get in the Honda plant where you will be under paid. And deal with bad ppl daily and that's just the bosses
They treat temps like footstools
Pros
at least your working
Cons
short breaks no communication and everyone thinks they are your boss
Don't Do It
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Bryan, Ohio7 December 2016
Terrible place to work!
Got hurt on the job, unable to work due to injury. Was made to come in the office and sit for 8 hours and do nothing, or I would lose my job! I have multiple back surgeries and was unable to sit that long. Was fired because I refused to sit all day, that I was unable to do due to my back!

Never was paid for my time off work, and ended up with surgery from my injury, and a permanent disability, and nerve damage!!!
Pros
Cons
Don't care about workers
Loved the job, not the management
Staffing Assistant (Administrative) (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, IN15 November 2016
Days went by really fast, high volumes of people to process for jobs. Learned about government documents, diverse groups of people.
Management, not so hot.
Co-workers, wonderful.
Hardest part of job was not having anything to offer associates.
Most enjoyable part of job was seeing someone struggling start working.
Pros
Great friendships with co-workers
Cons
Very fake upper management
Company only looking out for their own pay checks
Wont help (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, CO11 October 2016
I give Elwood staffing in Pueblo Colorado no stars the r only lookin out for thier paychecks not worried about helping others that need employment that is whats wrong with their staffing place today they have jobs posted on indeed i submit resume then Elwood tells me they dont have that job posted worthless place to look for work i have ever seen
Pros
Cons
Its not your qualifications it is who u know
It was great working throught Elwood Staffing.
Labor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN4 November 2016
I really was excited, and over joyed that I got the chance to work for Elwood Staffing. I knew that it was a temporary service, but it was a job. I was excited to work for Poster Display. That was the job that I was given. It it really a great work place, and a great environment.
Pros
gerat work enviroment, my co-workers were great, team work
Cons
That it lasted 3 days.
Welcome to the modern day plantation!
None (Former Employee) –  no20 November 2016
This is a very strange place. Meet a lot of good people and I meet a lot of the modern day uncle Toms and coons. Get in where you fit in, working in Canton, MS was horrible. Everybody I meey from Canton, MS was and is "not too bright!" I'll wouldn't go back to Nissan, very unprofessional; too many managers that are not fit to be managers.
Pros
hours and overtime
Cons
Canton, MS lol
Production Assembly Line
Assembly Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, AL14 October 2016
It taught me a new few skills mechanically.
You have 4 quarters in 8-8.5 hrs a day.
Each quarter you do a different task
They are very strict on attendance
there's alot of messy talk there. Have regular daily talk- work, weather, news, jokes.
Pros
Good pay, Family Fun Days
Cons
short breaks, takes away from family-especially if you have small kids & if your a single parent
Overall beneficial, helping others on a daily basis
Senior Staffing Manager (Current Employee) –  Clovis, NM10 August 2016
We meet and greet everyone with a smile, if they walk in the door, or through phone call. Excellent customer service is a must. I enjoy my co-workers as well as my boss. It can sometimes feel overwhelming at times, and very demanding. Nothing can beat the feeling of being able to help someone at the end of the day. I am truly blessed to have this job, and I LOVE IT!!!
Pros
Meeting new people daily, helping others, incredible and extensive training
Tremendous corporate support
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MI1 November 2016
Elwood upholds ethical practices, is concerned about safety and hires tremendously competent and caring staff. I would rate my coworker and corporate support with a big "10" out of "10." Communication and continuous training provided by the corporate office. Support for personal continuing education was a plus.
strongly dislike management and policies
Maintenance Tech (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TX29 August 2016
Very rude staffing agents, they don't stand up for there employees at all. If an incident happens between one of there employees and the contractors employee even if the contractors employee is clearly at fault they will fire there's on the spot. terrible point system, and are completely unforgiving and unreasonable with sick calls.
Struggles with Integrity and Ethics
Staffing Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, IN3 August 2016
It was my opinion that it was more important to some representatives to fill needed positions, even if the applicants were not qualified or properly meeting client's requests on testing, drug screens and expierience-which I was not comfortable with compromising my own ethics, character and integrity to do the day to day processes.
Good Company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, IN10 November 2016
Elwood Staffing is a good company with good pay and benefits available. The only complaint I have is that most of the jobs they have are labor and/or skilled labor jobs with not much for office jobs available.
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
not a lot of office jobs available
general labor
General Labor/ Tech. Assistant (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV20 June 2016
• Check electronics items on processing line before shipping sending to customers.
• Liquidate items that do not work or will not reset and eliminate customer info.
• Process each item into the computer through the Blue IQ processing system.
• Rebooted/ Reset items such as: game consoles, internet modems, laptops, GPS, etc…..
• Work as a team to help meet individual production goals 60 processed items and warehouse goals of 2500 items processed and ready to be shipped after meeting OSHA requiremennts.
Pros
learn a lot and was a new experience
Cons
management, short breaks, and guideline switches
Elwood
MACHINE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Bryan, OH31 August 2016
They had Great Jobs, it just happend to be that they were not permanent. Great co-workers. I fed Pieces of metal into a machine or did some welding. I also checked parts and made sure that they could pass inspection. I love the atmosphere mostly and I loved how busy I was while I was there.
Your run of the mill temp agency
Machine Operator (Assembly) (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MI 4951227 August 2016
I am very grateful towards Elwood Staffing for getting me back to work immediately. After several months I was fortunate enough to be hired into the company I had been sent to. Not a lot more to say here
Pros
Get to work fast
Cons
Uncertainty in Advancement
It's a great place to work at.
Order Selector/Picker/Pallet Jack (Current Employee) –  Denver, CO22 November 2016
The staff is very helpful with anything you need about your jobs. It's a great environment to learn new job skills the people are patient with new employees.
Pros
They get you jobs fast.
Cons
Short breaks and short lunches
Temp Agency
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN10 October 2016
This is a temp agency who mainly hires for warehouse jobs. They are a good reputable company. They hire for great employers. There are many great employment opportunites.
Pros
eligible for full time hire after 90 days
Cons
No guaranteed employment
They disappear
Default Invoice Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN6 September 2016
They disappear after you're placed. And if something happens, they don't even ask your side. They side with the employer, despite being proven wrong. They do not have your best interests. Other staffing places are much more enjoyable to work with.
Difficult time moving up
Staffing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KY18 June 2016
A typical day is extremely busy and many walk-ins and phone calls depending on how busy the branch is. There were a lot of changes at the company and raises were very minimal.
Pros
Short commute, no traffic, good benefits, cost effective short term disability insurance
Cons
Poor management, no advancement opportunity, no training, equipment break often
Good Place to Develop Sales Skills
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MI5 September 2016
I enjoyed working at Elwood. It was a great environment to learn and develop sales techniques. My management team was always there to help and offer support.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Limited Upward Mobility

2.9