Elwood Staffing

Elwood Staffing Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Decent company to work for, Management and benefits were almost nonexistant. They just want to collect their premium on your work.
requirements of Project Manager and Superintendent (Current Employee), Fort Carson, COJanuary 26, 2015
Decent company to work for, Management and benefits were almost nonexistent. They just want to collect their premium on your work.
Was an ok first job,
Production Assistant (Former Employee), Brigham City, UTJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: good pay for first job
Cons: stood in one spot all day. no benefits
I didn't mind this job, I got to work with both my parents while I was there. However, I had to wear earplugs all day, and stand in the same spot. If I am on my feet, I like to be moving around, not standing in one spot, or I like to be sitting. I was really good with meeting quotas once I was taught what to do.
Fast paced work
Warehouse Worker/Packaging (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNJanuary 21, 2015
Nothing personal just not a great paying job. Overall, I liked that I worked through the week and off on the weekends and holidays.
Depends on project length
Carpenter Apprentice (Former Employee), Lakewood, COJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: safety meetings, plenty for work when it was there
Cons: short lunches
Great if projects lasted a good while. Responsible for cutting building materials. Learned about measuring sheet metal and wood trim, 2x4, 4x4, 6x4, etc wood backing.

Management was good at times and not so good at times. Typical construction company though. Co workers were helpful and sometimes not. Hardest part of the day was carrying all the equipment up flights of stairs and down again.

Most enjoyable part of the day was measuring and cutting sheet metal and wood backing and installing them into the drywall or aluminum framing, and drilling screws as well as cutting for fitting electrical outlets.
Temperary services should be used to scare high school grads to return to school
Assembly line associate (Former Employee), HMINJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: nothing about them
Cons: every thing about them
The job assignment is not to blame although they are in bed with the temp supplier just like big business and government.
No benefits, no insurance and no way to be picked up by the company your temping for.
Your pay is twenty five percent less than the full time worker next to you for doing the same job and more likely better.
The employer is getting you for less money and doesn't have to pay benefits, the temp is making money off you and is no way motivated to help so your stuck in the middle going nowhere.
Good Company
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee), Columbus, INJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: pay
The company is great and so are the people. I did not feel the employees were paid as well as they should have been for how fast the company is growing. I was doing daily tasks of two people only being paid for one. Sometimes the supervisors bend the rules for certain people. The ownership is excellent and the benefit program is great.
A BS PLACE TO WORK, IF YOU GET ANY?
production (Former Employee), Kent, Wa.January 12, 2015
Cons: they con you.
This place will send you out to work for some shady companies, and lie to you saying you will be hired in so many days. You will not always work a full week if you get any work at all and if you do you will only work a day and their. They don't care if you work or not, they are all rude and not helpfull. I would stay far away from this rat hole.
Terrible management
Staffing Assistant (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: horrible management, terrible pay, no job security
Elwood Staffing is not the company that they portray themselves to be. At Elwood, you never knew when a manager would be looking over your shoulder to see what you were doing. It is a terribly micromanaged company. The benefits were pretty good, but the pay and expectations were completely not in line. There were two regional managers that would come to our office maybe once a month and just stare at everyone and breath down your back. Elwood does not care about its employee's at all. I would not suggest this company for anyone at all.
fun enviroment
SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 6, 2015
great learning experience, fun coworkers.
the hardest part of the job was saying goodbye.
warehouse work
Warehouse Associate/Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: good work
Cons: no full time work
Different jobs because this was a temp agency, so I was put into different jobs when I had to change
School system can be funs and enjoyable
Food Service Employee (Current Employee), Salem, VADecember 30, 2014
Pros: free food off on weekends no summer work
Cons: low pay and no raises and unsure future working for elwood staffing
A typical day at work is preparing foods for the kids getting to know them and making sure the kids are happy
Would not recommend
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee), Plainfield, INDecember 27, 2014
Pros: hour lunch
Cons: not being able to get another assignment
I ask several times for a new position because I felt it was a hostile work environment also the fact that I have COPD and was having a hard time breathing with all of the different perfumes. I was told they could not place me any where while I was on an assignment. I had missed 3 days in a row due to my illness (of which I went to the doctor for), and was terminated. I was told if I had my doctor fax a note saying I was ill, that I would get my job back. I called for 3 weeks and finally was told that I no longer have a job.
Server promoted to Hostess
Hostess (Former Employee), Shelbyville, INDecember 26, 2014
At Apple bees' there was a level of sociability that I was able to experience due to being in a small town with no family and friends.
I worked at the factory during the week (full time) and I worked part time at the Apple bees.
Data Entry Clerk for IT and Purchasing Department
Data Entry Clerk (Current Employee), Oxford, ALDecember 23, 2014
Pros: recruiters are determined to help one find a field he or she is interested in...decent wages...
Cons: none...
Enjoy working for Elwood Staffing and their client...Elwood's recruiters have been a blessing to me in helping me secure employment in the local and outlying areas. I'm truly grateful for the opportunity to serve Elwood staffing considering that I have been unemployed for 3 consecutive years. To all of you who are searching for an opportunity, don't give up! Keep pressing forward. I must admit that I was very skeptical and hesitant to seek guidance from a staffing agency due to past experiences of terrible customer service from other agencies. Fortunately, our local Elwood Staffing recruiters are the best! I will do a second review of the company at a later date. Best wishes to all of you in your future endeavors!
nice place
Temp Employment (Current Employee), Houston, TXDecember 23, 2014
i like this job but i haven't worked just worked 2 days. its a good place to work
Rude staff
no title (Former Employee), Nashville TennesseeDecember 18, 2014
A lady that works at the Elwood staffing center off murfreesboro road is rude and very unprofessional. I would never go back hrtr or reccomend this place to anyone. However this was several years ago.
Temporary Job
Scrap Hauler (Former Employee), Michigan City, INDecember 18, 2014
Pros: laidback, hour lunches
The workplace was laidback with fast paced running machines, it was a small workplace environment where I learned the in and outs of roofing shingles and how they are produced.
very good with job placement
Atec Asst (Former Employee), 7940 N. Michigan Rd Suite 6December 18, 2014
Pros: could take & work
Cons: co-workers that didnt like ppl of color
sign in be in your area by bell rings, learned team work, management were fair, some co-workers didn't like folks of color staying awake was the hardest part of job. they took care of temps
i enjoyed my time there. it was a learning experience, filled with fun times
construction worker (Former Employee), Pueblo, CODecember 15, 2014
Pros: worked around my college classes
Cons: short breaks, sometimes long hours over 10
it was a productive time, always working hard, but a very good and happy work environment. co workers were always fun to be around and had a positive outlook on the current job.
hardest part was the continues strains on the body as we were always using our muscles of all sorts.
being able to get to know many different people from all kinds of backgrounds was probably the best part i enjoyed the most.
professional temp service
Machine Operator/Forklift Operator (Current Employee), Valparaiso, INDecember 12, 2014
Have good understanding for job placements. I am a machine operator and was placed at Thelpack a popcorn bottling company. I was also forklift certified to help with moving and storing wallets of bottled corn for shipping.

1 2 3 4 5

About Elwood Staffing

Better opportunities. Better balance. Better match. Whatever better means to you, we’re the people who make it possible. Where – Read more