Elwood Staffing Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Exciting and Fulfilling Work but not a Guaranteed Job
Manufacturing Associate (Former Employee), Seymour, INFebruary 8, 2016
Pros: Casual Friday (at the company, not the temp service)
Cons: Lots of gossip between co-workers and management staff
I really liked my job through Elwood Staffing. A typical shift was eight hours and possibly overtime if production was not met. I did not work weekends. It was a very fast paced job with a large opportunity to learn more every day. Management of the company I was working for through Elwood had a lack of organization and ran a lot on "word of mouth" instead of facts based observations. The hardest part was cooperating with the other co-workers who "did not want to be there" and did not care to meet production. The most enjoyable part of the job was being put on a very fast line with competitive and hard working co-workers who made me "stay on my toes" throughout the shift and provided me with insightful conversation on how to work more efficiently. I also enjoyed the fact that this company made automotive parts for Ford (among other automotive customers) and I really like Ford trucks. I would have gotten "hired on" after Elwood's three month probationary work period but was told that there was not a position open for me at that certain company once my "hired on" date came up. All in all, I learned that even if you work your hardest, sometimes it is not enough and you will just have to continue to work harder at a different place. Don't give up just because you have to work for a staffing agency before you become hired on to an actual company or industry.
Great company to work for.
Intake Specialist (Former Employee), Goshen, INFebruary 4, 2016
My typical work day would be interacting with the general public, assisting with food boxes, taking donations and answering phones.
Good company to work for.
Electrical Apprentice (Former Employee), Englewood, COFebruary 3, 2016
Being a professional in the construction industry is very good with this company. There is always work available. The only downfall is the job sites are very for.
Interesting People
General Labor (Current Employee), Page, AZFebruary 3, 2016
Usually I'm prepared by the manager to work each day.
I Enjoy the staff of Elwood a lot.
Often Co-workers enjoy meeting me and introduce me to more friendly people.
I most enjoy the part time hours of working for Elwood in generalized areas.
gaining full-time employment
heavy duty (Current Employee), Twin Falls, IDFebruary 2, 2016
elwood staffing has been very helpful in trying to assist me in gaining full-time employment at Chobani,even after I was out for 2 months after having back surgery.
Fun job
Staffing Manager/On-Site Supervisor (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 27, 2016
great place to work and fun co-workers
work 8-5
weekends off
holidays off
pay is okay but could be better
management for the most part is good
interact with others frequently through out the day
keeps you on your toes
always answering the phone
lots of emails
Nice staff
Agent Coordinator Contractor (Current Employee), Portland, ORJanuary 25, 2016
Pros: Great Staff
Cons: No insurance...it's a staffing agency.
The staff is great and the jobs are forthcoming if you are a good employee, as per any staffing agency. No holiday pay until you've been with them for 1000 hours.
it is a dead end job
Staffing Manager (Current Employee), Clovis, NMJanuary 25, 2016
Pros: Getting different certifications
Cons: no upper movement
It is an 8-5 job. I did not really learn a whole lot. I was already familiar with staffing and recruiting. my co-worker is a good person but never on time and no one says anything. there is nothing hard about my job. The most enjoyable part is helping people.
Quick at finding decent jobs nearby
Exployee (Former Employee), West Valley City, UTJanuary 21, 2016
Pros: Okay hours
Cons: Loss of income due to temp agency
Elwood staffing provided up to 4 jobs while working for them, with more on the side for easy applying and assignment. Each job offered decent hours as well as some benefits once hired on through actual company rather through the temp agency. Jobs varied from working with hot plastics to assembling eyeglasses. Day to day activity fluctuated from slow to fast, but nothing unmanageable.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Plainfield, ILJanuary 19, 2016
As an employee at Elwood Staffing, I was always shown respect and greeted by very positive people on their staff. They have always tried their best to get an assignment that fits me well. I enjoyed working for them..
Good staff
General Laborer (Current Employee), Coldwater, MIJanuary 19, 2016
Good job placement. Places you where your skills will be best used at! I learned how to be a better machine operator through them!
Temporary Employee (JCI) (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 19, 2016
Pros: Weekly pay
Cons: starting pay
I really like Elwood Staffing because the staff is very supportive, seamless registration process, and the opportunities the company provides for the temporary employee's are great.
The Staff at elwood are friendly
Construction laborer (Current Employee), Rock Springs, WYJanuary 18, 2016
The staff keeps you going when one job ends they put you in the next job without much time lost between jobs. they also are friendly and helpful for when you need time off or for if you have issues between you and a co worker
fun place, great attitudes, caring coworkers
Production/ Spray dry (Former Employee), UTJanuary 16, 2016
Pros: vending machines
Cons: no money for vending machines
i loved working here it was great pay on great hours with awesome people who begin to feel like family after so long of working with them 12 hours a day
Order Picker (Current Employee), Lincoln, ALJanuary 16, 2016
Pros: Free lunch
Cons: Pay wages
A typical day at work is picking orders, then waiting on a truck to be loaded and some time it takes time while you get behind and you need to have it done in seven and a hours. I learned how to pick a order and a certain way it is placed on a pallet. Some days I might see management come by and ask how are you but other than that I work without being bothered. I stay to myself working, I don't have time to talk I believe in getting my job done and going home, some co-workers are in a huddle talking I stay away from that. The hardest part of the job is lifting some of the tug that the parts are in. The most enjoyable part of the job is taking breaks, lunch and going home.
Lots of jobs when needed
Temporary Agent (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 14, 2016
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
I love working for Ellwood. I have learned alot because it is a temp agency. I always get to learn new skills and traits.The management is awesome and I highly enjoy them. I would recommend them to everyone, The hardest part of the job is the uniqueness.But other than that I love this job.
Very professional temp agency.
Temporary Worker (Former Employee), Lynchburg, VAJanuary 10, 2016
Working at RAGE Plastics was very enjoyable. Dynamic and friendly coworkers and managers was a major plus. Productivity was always maintained to high standards and attention to quality control was paramount.
Very Limited Support
Branch Manager (Current Employee), Cheyenne, WYJanuary 10, 2016
Pros: Great Work Environment, Great Executive Team, Great Potential
Cons: Little to no regional support.
Although Elwood has a fantastic culture and very welcoming atmosphere, I was very disappointed by the lack of support I received from my Regional Manager and Regional VP. I received more support from the CEO and other Executives than I could get from my regional team. It was very discouraging.
Not worth the money
Temporary Employee (Current Employee), Twin Falls, IDJanuary 7, 2016
The hours are not a for sure thing and the pay is not worth all the work being done. Your co-workers are generally lazy and not good people to work with.
assist in store remodel, and warehouse .
Assembly (Current Employee), Fort Collins, COJanuary 5, 2016
Pros: good pay
Cons: not very family oriented
Various jobs assigned to as part of my agreement with Elwood. Production, team work in remodeling a store. Warehouse Worker position to fill orders as they come in via the internet.
Headquarters