Elsevier Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great work life balance
Human Resources Coordinator (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOApril 15, 2016
Pros: work life balance
Cons: compensation, benefits
Great place to work but the benefits and comp could be better. Management is great! People are great. vcbcvbcxn cvmvxc nv v vc
Learning company
Technical Marketing Specialist (Current Employee), 北京市April 14, 2016
I am in charge of social media channel of Elsevier China area, so I when I arrive the office, I start to search any possible source for our weibo post. Typically, they are from scientific papers on ScienceDirect, a leading paper library product of Elsevier, Elsevier Connect, and other publishing materials. I need read through all the professional messages and translate the content into Chinese, then post. There are around 6 to 7 posts per day.

Then, I need to look into the SEO/SEM/PPC issues inside weibo account. I launch 2 to 3 promotion plans a month.

In the afternoon, when all the daily weibo affairs are settled down, I start to update elsevier webpages, including journal homepages, elsevier subject pages, awards and exhibition pages. Sometimes I help to create email campaign templates, and create and upload web banners through Google DFP.

Since I was a green hand when I start this job, all the processes are learned from the daily work. I learned much, from the skills to the social methods within a working environment. But I like learn new things.

I think to manage, it means making every worker works for the best profit of the company and use existing and potential resources to expand the company's influence.

My co-workers are nice actually. The environment of Elsevier are friendly. The only bad thing I would like to indicate is that the publishing industry is too easeful. I want learn more compared than mycurrent status.
Good company
Inside Account Representative (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 13, 2016
Cons: instability, too many changes to comp plans.
Work hard and you will be rewarded.
Great Co-workers
Great management
My customers and winning are the most enjoyable part of my job.
Terrible place to work
Team Manager (Former Employee), KidlingtonFebruary 1, 2016
Awful culture as well as 1950's style management. Evil company from the outside in, very low ethics and willingness to outsource everything.
Productive workplace
Online Technical Support (Former Employee), Maryland Heights, MODecember 31, 2015
I enjoyed the open environment and the helpful team environment. Everyone was always willing to help and answer any question you may have.
Innovative company
executive assistant (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PADecember 29, 2015
Great company, innovator, provides a lot of great information to help people. They offer flexibility and caring work environment.
I enjoyed the work and it provided a good springboard for opportunities with other companies.
Freelance Medical Editor/Writer (Former Employee), St. Louis, MONovember 9, 2015
Pros: I had the opportunity to write.
Cons: Freelance work was not often available and I wanted to work more.
Very large company in St. Louis. I worked primarily from home and interacted with only a few employees. They hired few freelance employees at that time.
Relaxed atmosphere but job security is worrisome
Royalty Analyst (Current Employee), Maryland Heights, MONovember 2, 2015
Good place to work, very relaxed atmosphere, the people and management are wonderful but moving up within the company seems almost impossible.
Journals Production
ADVERTISING PRODUCTION MANAGER (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAOctober 5, 2015
A typical large scale global company. On a very high level much seems to be attempted as far as keeping employees happy, work life balance, general advancement through the organization. Unfortunately, it doesn't trickle down to lower level management, leaving those who are general workers in the dark about a lot of things
This is a productive and has an healthy culture
Journal Manager (Current Employee), Chennai, TNSeptember 8, 2015
I am pleased with my company. This company has a good work life balance and employee benefits.

The work culture and the environment is flat and all are friendly
Learning Experience with travels
Content Strategist/Acquisitions Editor (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 6, 2015
Pros: Author Contact, Options for Creativity
Cons: Large Company, Difficult to determine who to talk with to make things happen
I was responsible for a split of UK contracts and US contracts. This put me in a unique position which was wholly supported by my management team until a reorganization occurred.
Great company to work for but very limited advancement
Business Continuity Coordinator/Analyst (Current Employee), New Providence, NJJune 18, 2015
Pros: Good work/life balance
Cons: No management interaction, little oppotunity for advancement within
This is a good company generally, but if you want to move up or find ways to improve your chances (workshops, seminars, etc.) you will have to do it on your own as management does not encourage or assist you with these opportunities.
This company was very interesting.
Program Administration Assistant (Former Employee), HoustonJune 9, 2015
I really enjoyed working at this company. Worked with some nice people whom I still keep in touch with to this day. Had never worked in the per say Nursing / Medical company before but, it was a great experience.
OK
Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 8, 2015
Not a great opportunity for employee growth. Matrix environment with little culture. Management out of touch and work is stagnant because of that.
Publishing Company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMay 27, 2015
It was a friendly and family orientated environment. My typical day at work was speaking to customer and processing book orders.
Fun place to work with good benefits
Client Service Specialist (Current Employee), Maryland Heights, MoMarch 24, 2015
The culture at Elsevier is very welcoming. Great benefits and perks. Management is very understanding and open to ideas to better the processes and procedures.
I enjoyed Elsevier
Trainer (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 5, 2015
Pros: bagel thursdays!
Cons: i've been laid off
I enjoyed working for Elsevier until staff layoffs affected my position.

Great work culture, great colleagues. I love working in an academic environment with authors, editors, and reviewers.
Very good company to work for
Local Supplier Manager (Former Employee), OxfordshireMarch 4, 2015
Pros: lots of good benefits
Overall Elsevier is a very good company. Very flexible working. Learned lots about the Publishing industry along with typesetting and printing.

Co workers were brilliant
consumer direct agent
Consumer Direct Agent (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOMarch 2, 2015
Pros: wonderful benefits
Cons: there are non
I have worked here for 14yrs and the job has taught and enhanced all my customer service skills it is a friendly employer that takes pride in their employees
I really liked working there
Online/Phone/Chat Help Desk (Former Employee), Maryland Heights, MOFebruary 24, 2015
Friendly environment. Helpful coworkers. Laid back environment, but was serious when needed to be. Good balance between work and family.