Elsevier Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great company to work for but very limited advancement
Business Continuity Coordinator/Analyst (Current Employee), New Providence, NJJune 18, 2015
Pros: Good work/life balance
Cons: No management interaction, little oppotunity for advancement within
This is a good company generally, but if you want to move up or find ways to improve your chances (workshops, seminars, etc.) you will have to do it on your own as management does not encourage or assist you with these opportunities.
This company was very interesting.
Program Administration Assistant (Former Employee), HoustonJune 9, 2015
I really enjoyed working at this company. Worked with some nice people whom I still keep in touch with to this day. Had never worked in the per say Nursing / Medical company before but, it was a great experience.
OK
Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 8, 2015
Not a great opportunity for employee growth. Matrix environment with little culture. Management out of touch and work is stagnant because of that.
Publishing Company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMay 27, 2015
It was a friendly and family orientated environment. My typical day at work was speaking to customer and processing book orders.
Fun place to work with good benefits
Client Service Specialist (Current Employee), Maryland Heights, MoMarch 24, 2015
The culture at Elsevier is very welcoming. Great benefits and perks. Management is very understanding and open to ideas to better the processes and procedures.
I enjoyed Elsevier
Trainer (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 5, 2015
Pros: bagel thursdays!
Cons: i've been laid off
I enjoyed working for Elsevier until staff layoffs affected my position.

Great work culture, great colleagues. I love working in an academic environment with authors, editors, and reviewers.
Very good company to work for
Local Supplier Manager (Former Employee), OxfordshireMarch 4, 2015
Pros: lots of good benefits
Overall Elsevier is a very good company. Very flexible working. Learned lots about the Publishing industry along with typesetting and printing.

Co workers were brilliant
consumer direct agent
Consumer Direct Agent (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOMarch 2, 2015
Pros: wonderful benefits
Cons: there are non
I have worked here for 14yrs and the job has taught and enhanced all my customer service skills it is a friendly employer that takes pride in their employees
I really liked working there
Online/Phone/Chat Help Desk (Former Employee), Maryland Heights, MOFebruary 24, 2015
Friendly environment. Helpful coworkers. Laid back environment, but was serious when needed to be. Good balance between work and family.
Productive company which really invest in leading the way in Customer Service
EMEA Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee), Oxford, ENGFebruary 22, 2015
- Typical day at work: Tier 1 Lean daily meetings where I have visual control on KPIs board, query volume, incidents, updates on data base and online plataforms, share information with the team members, tasks assigment, etc.

- What I learned: CRM RightNow, taking bank details from customers over the phone, tokenizing and processing invoice payments, Lean Six Sigma Methodology focused on problem solving and wastes reduction: I participated in Lean Six Sigma events to improve processes: map procedures, identified pain points, spot solutions, tasks assignment, etc. Phone skills.

- Management: great balance on organizing new Lean projects and keeping the queries queues within Turn Around Time and First time Resolution targeted parameters.

- Your co-workers: great multi-cultural and international team (EMEA, APAC, USA) always willing to contribute in improvements

- The hardest part of the work:

It has been to attend all the leaning opportunites, workshops, rapid events, training, etc in-house provided

- The most enjoyable part of the job: it has been dealing with customers: I have delivered the best customer care as possible and lead my team with 100% Customer Satisfaction in feedback surveys.
Great place to work. I have worked for this company for 27 years and loved it.
Release Manager/Team Lead (Former Employee), Miamisburg, OHJanuary 21, 2015
Great place to work. I have worked for this company for 27 years and loved it.
As a whole not a bad company to work for.
Hyperion Implementation Support and Administration (Former Employee), Amsterdam, NHJanuary 20, 2015
They dont have many quality projects. They mostly deal with low end staff.
Great people - great mission - terrible execution
Marketing Manager (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: 401k matching (better overtime), vacation, medical benefits, people
Cons: missed lunches, long hours, burdensome workload
Everyone at Elsevier is great - though many of them are great at delegating rather than working and oftentimes people assume a job will just get done or bow out of tasks when not specifically part of their jobs - halting innovation and growth. They are slow to accept and implement technology and lack the knowledge necessary to do so effectively on the marketing team. While one of the many things Elsevier strives to do is maintain transparency it is often clear that this does not mean within the company.
I enjoy the people more than anything. Additionally, it's great to know that there's so much room for improvement - even baby steps make a difference.
I highly dislike the expectation of extra hours, ever-increasing work load, and overall lack of strategy felt from the top-down.
User Experience Specialist
User Experience Specialist Intern (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PANovember 16, 2014
I did an internship and I loved working here. I worked in the Philadelphia office which was right downtown a block from city hall. Everyone was super friendly and helpful. The environment was great. My boss was awesome, I never met him in person because he worked in Seattle. The company was very accommodating. Overall a great place to work.
Productive work place
QA Engineer (Former Employee), Santa Clara, CAOctober 23, 2014
Pros: enjoyable work place
Very professional place to work and many opportunities to learn new things.
Great Camaraderie with coworkers
Multimedia Producer (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOAugust 27, 2014
Pros: flex time, work from home time, benefits
Cons: not much opportunity for production advancement
Typical day: Meetings, emails, camaraderie with coworkers
What I learned: I learned how to really manage my time effectively and finetuned my diplomatic skills. I now know so many different tools to use to assist me in my project management
My coworkers are wonderful and are the best part of my job
The hardest part of my job is the uncertainty of security
The most enjoyable part of my job is getting to use my organizational skills, learning something new every day, the opportunities for learning, and my coworkers
Backside of the entertainment industry
Sales & Marketing (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 12, 2014
Pros: travel to paris often
At Reed Midem I was able to work with a great set of people who taught me a lot about the entertainment industry. Our projects included international premiers and while the work was hard it was fulfilling to see years later the part you played at getting this incredible content out to the masses.
Good work/life balance
Project manager (Current Employee), St. LouisAugust 2, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule, decent pay and benefits
Cons: no career advancement
This company has a great work/life balance. The work is not too difficult. However, you don't really feel challenged and promotions are non-existent.
Generally good, with team by team variance
Software Engineer (Former Employee), St Louis, MOJuly 31, 2014
Employee's general satisfaction levels vary based on product and team. With a company of this size, there are some great groups, and some not-so-great groups.
Successful and forward thinking
Desktop Support Specialist II (Current Employee), Waltham, MAJuly 26, 2014
Pros: they believe in being innovative, they reward good work, they are always looking for new ways to be ahead of the competition and being successfull, it is not just lip service.
Cons: they are in constant flux and reorganizations and elimination of positions is common place.
They do appreciate new ideas and look into how and if they can implement them. They are driven to always be better, innovative, and ahead of the competition.