Elsevier Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive workplace
Online Technical Support (Former Employee), Maryland Heights, MODecember 31, 2015
I enjoyed the open environment and the helpful team environment. Everyone was always willing to help and answer any question you may have.
Innovative company
executive assistant (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PADecember 29, 2015
Great company, innovator, provides a lot of great information to help people. They offer flexibility and caring work environment.
I enjoyed the work and it provided a good springboard for opportunities with other companies.
Freelance Medical Editor/Writer (Former Employee), St. Louis, MONovember 9, 2015
Pros: I had the opportunity to write.
Cons: Freelance work was not often available and I wanted to work more.
Very large company in St. Louis. I worked primarily from home and interacted with only a few employees. They hired few freelance employees at that time.
Relaxed atmosphere but job security is worrisome
Royalty Analyst (Current Employee), Maryland Heights, MONovember 2, 2015
Good place to work, very relaxed atmosphere, the people and management are wonderful but moving up within the company seems almost impossible.
Journals Production
ADVERTISING PRODUCTION MANAGER (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAOctober 5, 2015
A typical large scale global company. On a very high level much seems to be attempted as far as keeping employees happy, work life balance, general advancement through the organization. Unfortunately, it doesn't trickle down to lower level management, leaving those who are general workers in the dark about a lot of things
This is a productive and has an healthy culture
Journal Manager (Current Employee), Chennai, TNSeptember 8, 2015
I am pleased with my company. This company has a good work life balance and employee benefits.

The work culture and the environment is flat and all are friendly
Learning Experience with travels
Content Strategist/Acquisitions Editor (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 6, 2015
Pros: Author Contact, Options for Creativity
Cons: Large Company, Difficult to determine who to talk with to make things happen
I was responsible for a split of UK contracts and US contracts. This put me in a unique position which was wholly supported by my management team until a reorganization occurred.
Great company to work for but very limited advancement
Business Continuity Coordinator/Analyst (Current Employee), New Providence, NJJune 18, 2015
Pros: Good work/life balance
Cons: No management interaction, little oppotunity for advancement within
This is a good company generally, but if you want to move up or find ways to improve your chances (workshops, seminars, etc.) you will have to do it on your own as management does not encourage or assist you with these opportunities.
This company was very interesting.
Program Administration Assistant (Former Employee), HoustonJune 9, 2015
I really enjoyed working at this company. Worked with some nice people whom I still keep in touch with to this day. Had never worked in the per say Nursing / Medical company before but, it was a great experience.
OK
Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 8, 2015
Not a great opportunity for employee growth. Matrix environment with little culture. Management out of touch and work is stagnant because of that.
Publishing Company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMay 27, 2015
It was a friendly and family orientated environment. My typical day at work was speaking to customer and processing book orders.
Fun place to work with good benefits
Client Service Specialist (Current Employee), Maryland Heights, MoMarch 24, 2015
The culture at Elsevier is very welcoming. Great benefits and perks. Management is very understanding and open to ideas to better the processes and procedures.
I enjoyed Elsevier
Trainer (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 5, 2015
Pros: bagel thursdays!
Cons: i've been laid off
I enjoyed working for Elsevier until staff layoffs affected my position.

Great work culture, great colleagues. I love working in an academic environment with authors, editors, and reviewers.
Very good company to work for
Local Supplier Manager (Former Employee), OxfordshireMarch 4, 2015
Pros: lots of good benefits
Overall Elsevier is a very good company. Very flexible working. Learned lots about the Publishing industry along with typesetting and printing.

Co workers were brilliant
consumer direct agent
Consumer Direct Agent (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOMarch 2, 2015
Pros: wonderful benefits
Cons: there are non
I have worked here for 14yrs and the job has taught and enhanced all my customer service skills it is a friendly employer that takes pride in their employees
I really liked working there
Online/Phone/Chat Help Desk (Former Employee), Maryland Heights, MOFebruary 24, 2015
Friendly environment. Helpful coworkers. Laid back environment, but was serious when needed to be. Good balance between work and family.
Productive company which really invest in leading the way in Customer Service
EMEA Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee), Oxford, ENGFebruary 22, 2015
- Typical day at work: Tier 1 Lean daily meetings where I have visual control on KPIs board, query volume, incidents, updates on data base and online plataforms, share information with the team members, tasks assigment, etc.

- What I learned: CRM RightNow, taking bank details from customers over the phone, tokenizing and processing invoice payments, Lean Six Sigma Methodology focused on problem solving and wastes reduction: I participated in Lean Six Sigma events to improve processes: map procedures, identified pain points, spot solutions, tasks assignment, etc. Phone skills.

- Management: great balance on organizing new Lean projects and keeping the queries queues within Turn Around Time and First time Resolution targeted parameters.

- Your co-workers: great multi-cultural and international team (EMEA, APAC, USA) always willing to contribute in improvements

- The hardest part of the work:

It has been to attend all the leaning opportunites, workshops, rapid events, training, etc in-house provided

- The most enjoyable part of the job: it has been dealing with customers: I have delivered the best customer care as possible and lead my team with 100% Customer Satisfaction in feedback surveys.
Great place to work. I have worked for this company for 27 years and loved it.
Release Manager/Team Lead (Former Employee), Miamisburg, OHJanuary 21, 2015
Great place to work. I have worked for this company for 27 years and loved it.
As a whole not a bad company to work for.
Hyperion Implementation Support and Administration (Former Employee), Amsterdam, NHJanuary 20, 2015
They dont have many quality projects. They mostly deal with low end staff.
Great people - great mission - terrible execution
Marketing Manager (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: 401k matching (better overtime), vacation, medical benefits, people
Cons: missed lunches, long hours, burdensome workload
Everyone at Elsevier is great - though many of them are great at delegating rather than working and oftentimes people assume a job will just get done or bow out of tasks when not specifically part of their jobs - halting innovation and growth. They are slow to accept and implement technology and lack the knowledge necessary to do so effectively on the marketing team. While one of the many things Elsevier strives to do is maintain transparency it is often clear that this does not mean within the company.
I enjoy the people more than anything. Additionally, it's great to know that there's so much room for improvement - even baby steps make a difference.
I highly dislike the expectation of extra hours, ever-increasing work load, and overall lack of strategy felt from the top-down.