Elsevier

Elsevier Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
I enjoyed Elsevier
Trainer (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 5, 2015
Pros: bagel thursdays!
Cons: i've been laid off
I enjoyed working for Elsevier until staff layoffs affected my position.

Great work culture, great colleagues. I love working in an academic environment with authors, editors, and reviewers.
Very good company to work for
Local Supplier Manager (Former Employee), OxfordshireMarch 4, 2015
Pros: lots of good benefits
Overall Elsevier is a very good company. Very flexible working. Learned lots about the Publishing industry along with typesetting and printing.

Co workers were brilliant
consumer direct agent
Consumer Direct Agent (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOMarch 2, 2015
Pros: wonderful benefits
Cons: there are non
I have worked here for 14yrs and the job has taught and enhanced all my customer service skills it is a friendly employer that takes pride in their employees
I really liked working there
Online/Phone/Chat Help Desk (Former Employee), Maryland Heights, MOFebruary 24, 2015
Friendly environment. Helpful coworkers. Laid back environment, but was serious when needed to be. Good balance between work and family.
Productive company which really invest in leading the way in Customer Service
EMEA Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee), Oxford, ENGFebruary 22, 2015
- Typical day at work: Tier 1 Lean daily meetings where I have visual control on KPIs board, query volume, incidents, updates on data base and online plataforms, share information with the team members, tasks assigment, etc.

- What I learned: CRM RightNow, taking bank details from customers over the phone, tokenizing and processing invoice payments, Lean Six Sigma Methodology focused on problem solving and wastes reduction: I participated in Lean Six Sigma events to improve processes: map procedures, identified pain points, spot solutions, tasks assignment, etc. Phone skills.

- Management: great balance on organizing new Lean projects and keeping the queries queues within Turn Around Time and First time Resolution targeted parameters.

- Your co-workers: great multi-cultural and international team (EMEA, APAC, USA) always willing to contribute in improvements

- The hardest part of the work:

It has been to attend all the leaning opportunites, workshops, rapid events, training, etc in-house provided

- The most enjoyable part of the job: it has been dealing with customers: I have delivered the best customer care as possible and lead my team with 100% Customer Satisfaction in feedback surveys.
Great place to work. I have worked for this company for 27 years and loved it.
Release Manager/Team Lead (Former Employee), Miamisburg, OHJanuary 21, 2015
Great place to work. I have worked for this company for 27 years and loved it.
As a whole not a bad company to work for.
Hyperion Implementation Support and Administration (Former Employee), Amsterdam, NHJanuary 20, 2015
They dont have many quality projects. They mostly deal with low end staff.
Great people - great mission - terrible execution
Marketing Manager (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: 401k matching (better overtime), vacation, medical benefits, people
Cons: missed lunches, long hours, burdensome workload
Everyone at Elsevier is great - though many of them are great at delegating rather than working and oftentimes people assume a job will just get done or bow out of tasks when not specifically part of their jobs - halting innovation and growth. They are slow to accept and implement technology and lack the knowledge necessary to do so effectively on the marketing team. While one of the many things Elsevier strives to do is maintain transparency it is often clear that this does not mean within the company.
I enjoy the people more than anything. Additionally, it's great to know that there's so much room for improvement - even baby steps make a difference.
I highly dislike the expectation of extra hours, ever-increasing work load, and overall lack of strategy felt from the top-down.
User Experience Specialist
User Experience Specialist Intern (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PANovember 16, 2014
I did an internship and I loved working here. I worked in the Philadelphia office which was right downtown a block from city hall. Everyone was super friendly and helpful. The environment was great. My boss was awesome, I never met him in person because he worked in Seattle. The company was very accommodating. Overall a great place to work.
Productive work place
QA Engineer (Former Employee), Santa Clara, CAOctober 23, 2014
Pros: enjoyable work place
Very professional place to work and many opportunities to learn new things.
Great Camaraderie with coworkers
Multimedia Producer (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOAugust 27, 2014
Pros: flex time, work from home time, benefits
Cons: not much opportunity for production advancement
Typical day: Meetings, emails, camaraderie with coworkers
What I learned: I learned how to really manage my time effectively and finetuned my diplomatic skills. I now know so many different tools to use to assist me in my project management
My coworkers are wonderful and are the best part of my job
The hardest part of my job is the uncertainty of security
The most enjoyable part of my job is getting to use my organizational skills, learning something new every day, the opportunities for learning, and my coworkers
Backside of the entertainment industry
Sales & Marketing (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 12, 2014
Pros: travel to paris often
At Reed Midem I was able to work with a great set of people who taught me a lot about the entertainment industry. Our projects included international premiers and while the work was hard it was fulfilling to see years later the part you played at getting this incredible content out to the masses.
Good work/life balance
Project manager (Current Employee), St. LouisAugust 2, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule, decent pay and benefits
Cons: no career advancement
This company has a great work/life balance. The work is not too difficult. However, you don't really feel challenged and promotions are non-existent.
Generally good, with team by team variance
Software Engineer (Former Employee), St Louis, MOJuly 31, 2014
Employee's general satisfaction levels vary based on product and team. With a company of this size, there are some great groups, and some not-so-great groups.
Successful and forward thinking
Desktop Support Specialist II (Current Employee), Waltham, MAJuly 26, 2014
Pros: they believe in being innovative, they reward good work, they are always looking for new ways to be ahead of the competition and being successfull, it is not just lip service.
Cons: they are in constant flux and reorganizations and elimination of positions is common place.
They do appreciate new ideas and look into how and if they can implement them. They are driven to always be better, innovative, and ahead of the competition.
Not a fun place to be
designer (Former Employee), PhillyJuly 16, 2014
Pros: no pros
Cons: management
Very strange work environment. No privacy. Management is just dreadful. Would not recommend this place to my worst enemies. Best part of the day was 4pm. Worst part of the day was coming in and trying to get work done while people talked about their personal lives right next to your workspace. They told me that they like to retain their employees with talent, but they did the exact opposite.
productive and fun
costumer sevives (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 25, 2014
a typical work day was fun and porductve. i learned alot about a lot about a call center.management was fair, my co -wokers where helpful, the hardest part was costumer service. the most enjoyable part was making the costumer happy
Good
Marketer (Current Employee), SingaporeJune 7, 2014
•a typical day at work
•what you learned
•management
•your co-workers
•the hardest part of the job
•the most enjoyable part of the job
Health Science Publisher
Reference Solutions Account Representative (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOMay 2, 2014
Pros: ???
Cons: ???
Elseveir is a health, science, and technology publisher located in Amsterdamn with corporate offices world wide.
Great People to work with and friendly environment
Reg Sales Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 23, 2014
Pros: smart workforce, team work and pet benefits
Cons: comp plan structure, payments, lack of sales goals, every changing
Elsevier has a great work environment. Everyone in the New York location are friendly, helpful and resourceful. The down side of the culture is sole on management and international views towards the workforce. There is a great respect for the scientist and editorial staff within the company. If you are part of the customer facing group then upper management would not support you in giving timely sales goals, compensation plans or payments. Elsevier has had the reputation of too much red tape to deliver on customer’s needs and the pricing structure is very strict. Sales staff are over burdened and under paid.

Since 2011 there has been 7 Comp Plans and all payments have been late or wrongly calculated

1 2 3

About Elsevier

Finding legal, business, or scientific information is a cinch thanks to Reed Elsevier Group. The company's LexisNexis brand offers – Read more

Elsevier Photos