Summary: The Sr. Manager – Logistics and Distribution is responsible for the management of all warehousing, distribution and retail services activities for Weber-Stephen’s Canadian subsidiary. Interfaces with various entities within Weber-Stephen on a daily/weekly basis to ensure that warehousing, distribution and retail services is operating in such a way as to meet the strategic and tactical goals for the Canadian subsidiary as well as to achieve peak operational efficiencies. Representing Weber-Stephen’ Canadian subsidiary, serves as the resident expert in distribution, forward and reverse logistics and transportation to all channels. Provides oversight as well as operational guidance and instruction to off-site warehousing facilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Directs all activities within the main distribution center on a daily basis ensuring that daily cargo flow into, through and out of the facility is efficient and cost effective; reviews cargo transfer patterns for improved fleet efficiencies.
- Recommends new projects, monitors all on-going projects and works with senior leadership to develop innovative and cost effective programs.
- Develops, updates and implements standard operating procedures for continual improvement of all warehousing, distribution and retail services processes.
- Establishes and reports KPI’s on a monthly basis to General Manager.
- Monitors and ensures inventory accuracy; establishes benchmarks for internal damage to product(s) and reviews best practices in material handling to reduce internal damage rate.
- Manages, supervises and develops supply chain functions and warehouse staff; administers performance appraisals for all direct reports; reviews all performance appraisals for material handlers.
- Develops and manages Retail Services, including but not limited to EDI functions, Order, Entry, and Order Processing
- Monitors workloads of all warehousing, distribution and retail services employees and reallocates resources as needed to aid in efficiency and accuracy of departmental operations.
- Reviews inbound cargo receipts and outbound shipments for accuracy and adherence to customer specific handling/labeling requirements.
- Works with direct reports to investigate and resolve transfer discrepancies from distribution center.
- Monitors cycle counting program and investigates discrepancies.
- Reviews warehouse layout for improved put-a-way and density.
- Follows and enforces company safety policies and regulations (OSHA, PPE, Harassment, etc)
- Additional duties as defined.