EllisDon Corporation Employee Review

View all EllisDon Corporation reviews

Backstabbing and poorly managed
M&E coordinator  (Former Employee) –  Edmonton6 June 2013
Worked for the Edmonton branch as an M&E coordinator . Found that they were not upfront , but rather dubious with their internal dealings . You were always concerned that you were on the block when there was absolutely no reason . During my tenure there I saw a large turnover in all disciplines including 4 strictly in the M&E dpt.

Also keep in mind that when you are hired salary it's for 37.5 hrs .... I found that I was working a minimum of 50 hrs a week.
Pros
Open bar at functions
Cons
Open bar at functions

Other EllisDon Corporation Employee Reviews

best place you will ever work for
Construction Craft Labourer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 November 2017
Best place you can start a career with.Large client base well respected name in the Construction industry .the company has bean around for several years and it is well managed.
Pros
respect and a good wage
Cons
nothing i can think of
Good Start in your career. More for a seasoned (5-10 plus) professional.
ESTIMATOR (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC18 October 2017
Pros:
If learning is your primary focus, EllisDon is where you want to be. The learning is every hour of every day. Overall, EllisDon BC branch was an very good place to work. The people and projects worked on and pursued were second to none. It's a collaborative and flatarchy corporate structure where everyone can talk to anyone if it's conducive to procuring a project.

Cons:
The pay. It's low to start and can extend for a while even if you have proved yourself and experienced moderate success. The management in place keeps wages low in order to finance project pursuits and keep their bonuses high. I can't completely blame them for doing that since I can't say 100% that I wouldn't do the same thing. However, considering the point in time I'm at in life and the production I gave, pay did not match performance. I'm afraid it's a recurring theme there.

Other than that, it was good.
Pros
Benefits and Coworkers
Cons
Low pay