EllisDon Corporation Employee Review

View all EllisDon Corporation reviews

Everything goes slow
Minion (Former Employee) –  Canada1 March 2014
Great company but too much time is spent on ridiculous tasks that have nothing to do with constructing the project.

If you have come from a smaller firm to join EllisDon be prepared to get extremely frustrated with how long it takes to get normal things in place to actually start building.

You will lose two or three months at the beginning of a project only to work like a dog the last three months making up time that was wasted at the beginning

It's hard to believe they make money. They have so many employees who really don't do anything but spend the day pretending they are necessary. Nice people though.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Incompetent (but nice) management

Other EllisDon Corporation Employee Reviews

best place you will ever work for
Construction Craft Labourer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 November 2017
Best place you can start a career with.Large client base well respected name in the Construction industry .the company has bean around for several years and it is well managed.
Pros
respect and a good wage
Cons
nothing i can think of
Good Start in your career. More for a seasoned (5-10 plus) professional.
ESTIMATOR (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC18 October 2017
Pros:
If learning is your primary focus, EllisDon is where you want to be. The learning is every hour of every day. Overall, EllisDon BC branch was an very good place to work. The people and projects worked on and pursued were second to none. It's a collaborative and flatarchy corporate structure where everyone can talk to anyone if it's conducive to procuring a project.

Cons:
The pay. It's low to start and can extend for a while even if you have proved yourself and experienced moderate success. The management in place keeps wages low in order to finance project pursuits and keep their bonuses high. I can't completely blame them for doing that since I can't say 100% that I wouldn't do the same thing. However, considering the point in time I'm at in life and the production I gave, pay did not match performance. I'm afraid it's a recurring theme there.

Other than that, it was good.
Pros
Benefits and Coworkers
Cons
Low pay