Elkay Manufacturing Company

Elkay Manufacturing Company Employee Reviews

Summer Intern
Global Sourcing Intern (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, IL25 October 2017
I would recommend that anyone seeking an internship looks at working here. Great place to work, nice people and a lot of useful skills gained. Pay is great and the location is perfect.
Safety is #1" company "cares about the team members
Welder (Current Employee) –  Lumberton, NC19 September 2017
Elkay was at one time a great place to work. now you have so many people in leadership that only care about numbers not people. I feel that people and production goes hand in hand. Without a good Shift Leader And Team Leader you can't have a good Team. And without a Good Team you get Low Production and Very Poor Performance. The pros are we do get free meals for Safety which is very important to Elkay. They want each team member to go home as they came to work . And SAFETY is First at all times. We also get tee shirts and employee recognition .Elkay does has good benefit's
Pros
free meals, tee shirts, employee recognition, great benefit's
Cons
poor leadership, poor communication in some departments
Productiviy
Foreman (Former Employee) –  Culver, IN23 August 2017
All the employees were playing around, not taking their job seriously. Including the supervisor. They also were in no way willing to help you out with family emergencies.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
No one cared to do their job. Short breaks
productive work place and hot
Cabinet Builder (Former Employee) –  Danville, VA6 August 2017
productive work place but very hot environment to work in. Breaks were on time and reasonable but lunch places were to far. Good social environment and friendly
Pros
break times
Cons
hot environment
Good as an overall
Process Quality Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Mifflinburg, PA3 August 2017
They were good and willing to help. I learned alot from them as a college intern; so I did not get the same experience as a fulltime employee.
The management is very helpful but we went to the facility several times to collect information we could have been provided with initially
ambiente de trabajo no muy buena!!!
Warehouse Loader (Current Employee) –  Aurora, CO20 June 2017
Pienso q la direction Asia Los trabajadores no es muy Buena!!!
Pros
seguromedico bueno
Cons
no hay mucho descanso!!!
Very productive
Finisher/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Waconia, MN15 June 2017
Great work place, very friendly environment, clean work environment, very productive, meets quotas on a timely manner, breaks often, makes sure you have all your gear for daily work needs, everyone has the same goals
Pros
Break often
Cons
Walk from parking lot to the building
Great Family Owned Company
Senior Global Buyer (Current Employee) –  Lumberton, NC15 June 2017
Elkay is family owned and has been in business for nearly 100 years now. Great company to work for with great overall values. Management is very supportive and truly supports your growth.
Excellent workplace!
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Oak Brook, IL22 May 2017
I love working at Elkay! The people are friendly and helpful to one another. The culture supports a high level of empowerment. It is a culture of integrity. I would recommend it highly!
Pros
Excellent work environment
Cons
Growing company so a lot of work to do - but this means opportunity as well
The company and management
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Oakbrook, IL21 May 2017
Elkay was draining on my life, stressful. Management was truly unfair. The company only hired non-minority. Nothing but pure prejudice. Unprofessional
Pros
Only the hour lunch
Cons
Sneaky micro-managing
Everybody is lost
Pump Room Operator (Former Employee) –  Ringgold, VA16 May 2017
Decent place to work. I wouldnt try to make it a permanent job. Only about a handful of management is fair. Handful meaning about 5%. Full liars and thieves, Make the best out of it.
benefits
Cons
too many to name
Good people
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Aurora, CO27 April 2017
Company had two shifts work was great learned a lot the people was very friendly we got reward every month the only problem was that the pay rate was a little to low
production
SPRAYER (Former Employee) –  South Hill, VA7 March 2017
a typical workday is started with a safety meeting.
i learned how to match colors for cabinets (shade colors to match if needed), also i learned to look for defectsin wood as well as those done in the finishing room to include but not limited to splits, holes, runs, rough sanding etc,
workplace culture was fair at times it was stressful
hardest part was last minute overtime
most enjoyable learning new things and meeting new people
Great Job
Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Broadview, IL25 January 2017
Elkay Manufacturing Company is a great company to work/intern at. I learned so much about the real world from interning there. The people working there are very friendly and helpful. Elkay Manufacturing Company has a good working culture that really cultivates people to perform to their fullest potential.
Pros
Many fun sponsored events
Cons
N/a
I LOVED working at the Waconia plant!!
Panel Packer (Former Employee) –  Waconia, MN12 July 2016
There is little negative I can say about Elkay - Waconia. It was absolutely in my top 3 favorite jobs and I wish with all my heart that I could have stayed there. The upper management did try and give decent notice of OT needs (Saturdays) and departments Leads were good enough at getting the management info down to the production workers. The plant manager gets a lot of flack but I personally thought he was a good guy that had a tough job trying to please a tough crowd. My direct supervisor, on the other hand, is the reason I wont give a 5 star review. He directly destroyed my transfer to a different Elkay facility for reasons unknown, which caused severe difficulties for my family that could prove to be devastating.

I loved being in Accessory Pack and working with the shipping crew. You won't find a better group or a more diverse group of people.

Door pick and Face frames was amazing! Working in the whitewood area was something new an different daily.... Same basic skills but never the same nor boring.

Elkay - Waconia also has one of the best training programs for the employees I have seen outside of military schooling. Its pretty newly implemented but has made all the difference in the world to the employees.
Pros
Great people to work with, decent wage with regular raises, acceptable benefits
Cons
Corporate-Management-Production communication gaps; beware of direct supervisors
Horrible place to work!
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Culver, IN30 June 2016
Fired me when I needed a week off after a car accident that was not my fault. I broke my arm and couldn't have a cast put on for a week. Needed a week to recover and was an hour shy of vacation to save my job. Told me to re apply after 30 days and they would get me back in. Then refused to answer my phone calls or talk to me. Sent my lawyer my lost wages for 2 days and basically made it sound like I quit! Management is horrible!!! Kept 2 girls that got arrested for meth and let them keep their jobs cuz they were buddy buddy with the supervisor. But yet couldn't work with me!
worst job i have ever worked for!!!
assembly line worker (Former Employee) –  Savanna, IL14 June 2016
It started out great. They put on a great show at the beginning. And make u feel like they really care about u. Don't be fooled they don't care. After about a month or so u r not important. Management is horrible big time. They say to go to ur supervisor if there is any problems. Good luck with that. U r wasting ur time they will do nothing. Everyone has next to kin so if u don't... watch ur back cause u r nobody. U can bust ur butt everyday and be the best worker but if someone don't like u or 1 of their family members don't ur done. They offer benefits but the health ins. Is very high. And if u don't mind giving up ur whole summer life well then it's the job 4 u. The pay is not good. They say u r on a pay scale for raises but good luck with that. U might see 1 pay raise right off the bat to make it look good but good luck seeing another 1. U bust ur butt 4 very little pay. Some people r great people but the majority of the people r rude, snooty, and act as if they own the ground they walk on. No teamwork at all, very unorganized and u can never find the tools u need. Also machines break down constantly but if u don't get ur rate out...it's all ur fault. They don't care if the machines r broke down or u don't have the tools. I could go on And on about how horrible of a place this is. I have worked factory for 20 yrs and no company is perfect and they all have their issues but this place is by far the worst I have ever experienced in 20 yrs.
Pros
vacation time
Cons
everything about this place
so much drama
production worker (Former Employee) –  culver, IN11 May 2015
Corporate makes a good sell for how awesome it is to work for their company, they're con artists. Was told I'd be working 8 hr shifts and no saturdays. First week we were working 11 hr shifts and saturday. Talking to the other employees they all said how much they hated it there and the only reason to stay was for the benefits NOT the pay which is mediocre for the work done. I have never seen so many cliques in a workplace before, the day I started I was inundated with multiple people talking about who I should associate with and who not to. Then production started and while a few people worked very hard others would walk off the line and not come back for hours. No one cared about the product, they would chase each other with air hoses etc. playing around seemed to be priority and I knew it was pointless to tell management as the team leader was running around giggling with them. I honestly don't know how anything gets accomplished there. Worst organization I've ever worked for.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
everything else
family owned business offerring a great workplace
Vice President, Operations & Global Supply Chain (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, IL5 November 2014
Easy work environment and great people. Learned a lot about how family owned business operates and also the consumer products industry.
Summer Help
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Savanna, IL12 October 2014
Worked for summer help. Learned how a company works from the lowest level and the concerns of workers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Elkay Manufacturing Company. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8