Reporting to: National Education and Communication Manager
Office Location: Home office
Region: Eastern Canada (primarily in Montreal)
Status: Contract, 18 months (with health and dental benefits after six (6) months)
The Regional Training Executive motivates and trains beauty consultants through formal training sessions in sales techniques, product knowledge, and merchandising procedures to increase Elizabeth Arden (Canada) Ltd. retail sales. The role closely works with the field sales team to meet specific needs and to execute on counter training.
Main Areas of Responsibility
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Act as an on-counter trainer in specified accounts in the region. This includes working with the Beauty Consultants to ensure the Elizabeth Arden image and corporate standards are adhered to including counter merchandising as per corporate guidelines.
- Manage and deliver Elizabeth Arden Canada training sessions. This includes booking hotels, following up with RSVPs, school set-up and delivering the formal training session.
- Work with Training Manager to plan formal training sessions, understand the goals and objectives of the school and develop appropriate schedules.
- Work with the Regional sales team to identify areas of concern and develop a plan of action. This involves working with the Beauty Consultant and ensuring that client records are being properly utilized as selling tools, ensuring customer follow-up is maintained through effective use of the telephone and mailings, as well as ensuring the Beauty Consultant is using the Daily Business Record and is monitoring his/her average unit sale.
- Attend regional meetings and conference calls to be aware of goals and programs.
- Implement major special events in market as per corporate guidelines. This involves training the Promotional Representatives and Beauty Consultants prior to Special Events to ensure implementation success and uniformity.
- Train Beauty Consultants in selling techniques. This includes follow up on product knowledge through role playing, ensuring the Beauty Consultant works in front of counter, approaches customers, identifies customer’s needs by asking open ended questions, link selling, and closes the sale. Ensures the Beauty Consultant promotes events, i.e. GWP, Special Events and that they perform makeovers and consultations as per corporate guidelines.
- Working within the parameters of the regional training school budget
- Follow up with the Account Executive to ensure goals are met.
- Participate in Special Projects as assigned.
Requirements and Skills
- Post secondary education in cosmetology, skin care, and/or makeup artistry course.
- Bilingual French/English, written and spoken
- One (1) – three (3) years experience in a field sales or field training role.
- Minimum three (3) years retail experience as a Cosmetic Manager.
- Outstanding communication skills, including written, oral and presentation skills.
- Excellent organization and training skills.
- Exposure to/management of a budget
- Proven leadership skills.
- Must be highly motivated with great enthusiasm
- Ability to travel within Canada (30%), specifically to Quebec, Ottawa and Atlantic Canada
Indeed - 12 months ago
Elizabeth Arden is a global prestige beauty products company with an extensive portfolio of prestige beauty brands sold in over 100...