ELITS Canada Inc. is a subsidiary to ELITS Sweden AB. ELITS is an IT consulting company with expertise in service management for large enterprises. Communication is a very important part of the work since we work closely with our customers. As a consultant at ELITS you will become a part of a great team who always responds to the customer with humility, and at the same time is very proud of what we deliver. ELITS is now searching to fill a permanent position for a Technical Writer in Montreal.
As a technical writer in the IT field, your main responsibilities are:
Working independently and in collaboration with other writers and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), this senior writer can create and update technical documentation such as user and system administration guides as well as operations and maintenance instructions for multimedia or network solutions.
- Researches and fully understands the products being documented.
- Ability to follow Customer Product Information standards and processes.
- Experience with rapid iterative planning and development cycles associated with Agile methodologies.
- Experience working within cross-functional teams (analysts, testers, developers, and writers).
- Ability to produce customer documentation with a minimum of detailed requirements documentation.
- Develops and integrates graphics with deliverable documents.
- Synthesizes content from disparate document sources from multiple authors into a single deliverable.
- Uses the company's version control system to maintain files.
- Performs job tasks such as editing copy, formatting, or converting documents.
- Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, Communications, or a related field
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a Technical Writer.
- Excellent command of English language.
- Ability to research and convey technical information in a clear and concise manner.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate with peers and Subject Matter Expert (SMEs).
- Expert knowledge of industry standard technical writing tools (Desktop Publishing tools, Acrobat, and so on). Knowledge of XML editor is an asset.
- Knowledge of telecommunication industry is an asset.
- Experience documenting user interfaces such as Graphical User Interfaces (GUIs), Web Interfaces, and Command Line Interfaces (CLIs).
- Good understanding of file management and version control systems.
- Good knowledge of programming concepts.
- Highly developed knowledge of style guide principles.
Are you a social, flexible and structured person with great interest in information technology? In that case – send your application to us today using:
Position open for Canadian Residents (individuals with work permit in Canada).
Indeed - 2 years ago