Eli Lilly

Eli Lilly Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
I worked for a VP & his associates and 3 attorneys at 2 different times
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Indianapolis INNovember 25, 2013
Both positions were very detailed; for the VP I scheduled travel accommodations, handled his calendar and set up meetings; I also typed letters & presentations as needed.

For the attorneys I typed letters, revised legal documents and whatever tasks needed to completed.
Eli Lilly is good for full time
Global iPad Support (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INNovember 23, 2013
If you are a full time employee, I've heard it is great. Contract work did not place me an environment I enjoyed.
Huge Pharma company and easy to get lost among the other reps.
Pharmaceutical Sales Representative (Former Employee), Monterey, CANovember 19, 2013
Pros: large pharma company, broad product portfolio, easy to move up in the company if you have friends in high places.
Cons: bonuses are on the low side, managers play favorites, little to no marketing support from corporate.
Lilly is a large pharma company with thousands of reps across numerous divisions. It wasn't hard to get lost among the herd. To stand out, you needed the help of a manager whose mission it was to get you promoted, usually at the expense of the other reps in your district.

In addition, Lilly is extremely conservative about how it operates. Very little – more... to no DTC marketing, co-pay coupons or resources to help you outsell your competition in the field.

Base salary can be on the higher end of the industry spectrum, but the incentives/bonuses are lower then other companies. – less
Fun place
Drug Study Coordinator (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INNovember 19, 2013
Pros: good opportunity
Loved it. Exciting and dynamic atmosphere. Innovation driven.
Good place to work for if you want a job instead of a career
Senior Analytical Chemist (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INNovember 19, 2013
Pros: benefits plan, salary
Cons: lack of development and advancement plans initiated by management
Hi paced work environment.Can be stressful at times. Strives for product Quality and safety of workers. Excellent benefits. Pay for performance guidelines however, gives middle management broad authority to abuse its position. Nepotism is rampant. Very difficult to be promoted after 5yrs. Ultra competitive environment that hinders development of employees. – more... Most enjoyable part of the job is that you know you are part of the big picture and help saves lives and patient outcomes. – less
Environment
IT Helpdesk Representative (Former Employee), Pontiac MichiganNovember 18, 2013
Pros: experience
Cons: contract was not long enough
• Systems: Worked extensively with Windows 7/XP and Macintosh iOS 6.1.3
• Software: Microsoft Office, Service Now ticketing system, Service Manager Client ticketing system, VMware Client
• Provided 100% Phone support troubleshooting resolving Windows 7/XP, Macintosh related issues
• Supported 7,000 end users during the migration of PC to Macintosh environment.
 – more... Insured MSOffice Suite 2010 installation and functionality installed would operate at peak efficiency for the Eli Lilly enhanced users.
• Set up installation of printers to be configured to laptops or iPads
• Documented calls in Service Now and Service Manager – less
Great organization and very much interested in their employees!
Senior Sales Representative (Former Employee), Shreveport, LANovember 15, 2013
Great company! Worked with some of the greatest people that Ive gotten the opportunity to get to know and become friends with!
Diverse Work Environment
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INNovember 14, 2013
Pros: parking garage, working hours are flexibile
A typical day consisted of communicating regularly with key business partners and co-workers.
Planned and coordinated business travel (I.e.,airfare, hotel, and ground transportations).
Arranged various on-site and off-site meetings; prepared and submitted meeting and congress registrations for multiple business partners.
The hardest part of the job – more... is being able to juggle multiple tasks at one time and prioritizing the tasks in an often, very paced environment.
What I enjoyed the most is the diversity, and work/family life balance.
I also found that my co-workers were very friendly, professional and willing to be a team player. – less
Fun workplace
Summer Intern (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INNovember 10, 2013
I interned there in College. It's been a while but it is probable still a great place to work.
great work place
Senior Quality Control Assistant (Former Employee), indianapolis,indianaNovember 7, 2013
enjoyed working with people and the surroundings.always delivered material to customer in a timly manner
Good experience
Pharmaceutical Sales Representative (Former Employee), Port Jefferson, NYNovember 1, 2013
Pharmaceutical sales experience in primary care setting. Business analysis and sales knowledge developed and executed successfully.
contractor epidemiologist
Epidemiologist (Current Employee), IndianapolisOctober 31, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule, work from home
Cons: contractor, no benefits, no paid vacation
flexible schedule but no benefits whatsoever.
Good work but could be better.
Lilly is the best company in the world. The most ethical environment. Lilly offers continuous training and education.
Pharmaceutical Sales Representative (Former Employee), New Orleans, Franklinton, Covington areas in LaOctober 29, 2013
Pros: excellent environment and compensation.
Cons: i can't think of one.
I had to learn about my products and a continuous basis. Sales training was extensive and impressive. My coworkers were the best people I have ever met. I enjoy sales and the challenge of it. I liked calling on doctors and would have done that forever if I had not quit to rear my children. Benefits were great with large bonuses. The challenge of getting – more... the doctor's attention was enjoyable. – less
Not what it used to be
Senior Sales (Current Employee), PAOctober 25, 2013
Sad that Lilly has turned into the company it has. Went from a leader in diabetes and neuroscience to third place at best. Great co-workers and teammates. Tough to see Executive and Senior Executive status handed out to those who just happened to survive 18-20 years at company and not because of impact.
Believes in our brand and embraces work, life, family balances
Marketing Consultant (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INOctober 14, 2013
Pros: off for holiday break, sick days for kids
Cons: lay offs, tension due to job cuts, get ahead in organization by who you know not what you know
A typical day at Lilly is sitting in a flexible open environmentpositivies messages throughout the buidling. Family focused environment and thankful I worked with the company when my kids were toddlers. Co-workers are multi-cultural and most are highly intellgent. Captalizing on the diversity allows diverse thinking and its a win/win for all parties – more... involved. The hardest part of the job is working in an industry of a changing environment and watching top talent leave due to not being in the right position. Management varies and if you have a great leader, you never want them to leave. – less
Good organization but at times not flexible to the situations in market
Territory Manager (Former Employee), New DelhiOctober 12, 2013
A good company to learn the basics of Pharma sales & processes.
Established company; strong leadership; focus on employee work-life balance
Director, Quality- Global Regulatory Affairs (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INOctober 1, 2013
Lilly is a reputable company with a history of stability and respect for people. Senior management communicates regularly to all levels of employees and clearly articulates the vision of the organization. Lilly employees are hard-working, diligent, and a pleasure to work with.
Excellent training ground as a contractor
CTSC Assistant (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INOctober 1, 2013
Pros: good people
Cons: being a contractor, you are treated as a second class citizen
I had several contract positions with this company - great training ground for learning pharmaceuticals.
Great place to work for.
Quality Systems Specialist (Former Employee), Carolina, PRSeptember 23, 2013
Pros: flexibility
Great place to work for. Very flexible with working time. Great coworkers and a lot of opportunities.
Visiting Scientist, Global Regulatory Affairs (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INSeptember 19, 2013

About Eli Lilly

Eli Lilly and Company discovers, develops, manufactures and sells products in one business segment, pharmaceutical products. The – Read more

Eli Lilly Photos