Eli Lilly

Eli Lilly Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Flexible, reasonable, meaningful
CSV Consultant (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 9, 2014
Excellent company to work for. Always on the edge of technology and advanced R&D.
Senior Financial Analyst
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INDecember 29, 2013
One of the world's largest global pharmaceutical companies with sales over $16 Billion
• Managed annual forecast in excess of $100M and ensured quarterly and annual targets were met. Achieved operating expense and capital targets for the organization with a 99.97% rate in 2001 and 100.04% in 2002.
• Helped save $9.4M for division. One vendor refunded – more... $1.8M of over payments, another refunded $1.7M of overpayments, and another refunded $750K for PDR purchases and reduced future invoices by similar amounts.
• Promoted to a Senior Financial Analyst position in a year, less than the required 3 year timeframe – less
Eli Lilly is a good employer
Chemist (Former Employee), Lafayette, INDecember 23, 2013
Eli Lilly is a good employer, but the cost for business is out of control.
Meaningful Career
Senior Product Specialist (Former Employee), Singapore, S00December 17, 2013
I was responsible forr sales and marketing of the oncology portfolio. Through understanding and identifying customer's needs, I was able to grow sales by 10-20% annually. Additionally, I cultivated KOLs to act as brand champions and resulted in a successful listing of the product in a public healthcare institution for first line treatment in lung cancer.I – more... was also part of the team that successfully launched a new oncology product and grew usage of product with patient access program.

The most meaning part of the job is knowing that my work helped helped patients buy precious time to fulfill their final wishes and spend time with their love ones in the last days – less
Challenging and good working environment with team work
DIABETES EDUCATOR (Former Employee), Hyderabad, APDecember 10, 2013
Pros: interaction with highly qualifies health care professionals, updating knowledge
Cons: long working hours and travelling distances
As a educator day in and day out we meet many patients and haealthcare professionals which helps us to improve our knowledge and as well as share and try to educate the needy.

With the help of management and under the guidance of dynamic leadership and also the support from all the teams makes our job a interesting and smooth ride.

It is sometimes – more... a challenge to make understand some people abou the management of the disease but its always inteesting and fun to meet many people in the course of the job. – less
Great company to work for, lots of great benefits.
Lab Animal Technician 1 (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INDecember 7, 2013
Eli Lilly is a great company to work for. There is such a wide variety of jobs that they offer and the benefits are the best I have ever seen at a company. All of the people working there are very friendly and it is great to see the overall company accomplishments and knowing that you have helped contribute to them.
Great Company
Administrative Assistant to the CSLTeam (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INDecember 3, 2013
Pros: lots of paid time off
Cons: 4 year contracts for admin assistants
Great, established company, just has a different way of retaining their administative assistants.
I worked for a VP & his associates and 3 attorneys at 2 different times
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Indianapolis INNovember 25, 2013
Both positions were very detailed; for the VP I scheduled travel accommodations, handled his calendar and set up meetings; I also typed letters & presentations as needed.

For the attorneys I typed letters, revised legal documents and whatever tasks needed to completed.
Eli Lilly is good for full time
Global iPad Support (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INNovember 23, 2013
If you are a full time employee, I've heard it is great. Contract work did not place me an environment I enjoyed.
Huge Pharma company and easy to get lost among the other reps.
Pharmaceutical Sales Representative (Former Employee), Monterey, CANovember 19, 2013
Pros: large pharma company, broad product portfolio, easy to move up in the company if you have friends in high places.
Cons: bonuses are on the low side, managers play favorites, little to no marketing support from corporate.
Lilly is a large pharma company with thousands of reps across numerous divisions. It wasn't hard to get lost among the herd. To stand out, you needed the help of a manager whose mission it was to get you promoted, usually at the expense of the other reps in your district.

In addition, Lilly is extremely conservative about how it operates. Very little – more... to no DTC marketing, co-pay coupons or resources to help you outsell your competition in the field.

Base salary can be on the higher end of the industry spectrum, but the incentives/bonuses are lower then other companies. – less
Fun place
Drug Study Coordinator (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INNovember 19, 2013
Pros: good opportunity
Loved it. Exciting and dynamic atmosphere. Innovation driven.
Good place to work for if you want a job instead of a career
Senior Analytical Chemist (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INNovember 19, 2013
Pros: benefits plan, salary
Cons: lack of development and advancement plans initiated by management
Hi paced work environment.Can be stressful at times. Strives for product Quality and safety of workers. Excellent benefits. Pay for performance guidelines however, gives middle management broad authority to abuse its position. Nepotism is rampant. Very difficult to be promoted after 5yrs. Ultra competitive environment that hinders development of employees. – more... Most enjoyable part of the job is that you know you are part of the big picture and help saves lives and patient outcomes. – less
Environment
IT Helpdesk Representative (Former Employee), Pontiac MichiganNovember 18, 2013
Pros: experience
Cons: contract was not long enough
• Systems: Worked extensively with Windows 7/XP and Macintosh iOS 6.1.3
• Software: Microsoft Office, Service Now ticketing system, Service Manager Client ticketing system, VMware Client
• Provided 100% Phone support troubleshooting resolving Windows 7/XP, Macintosh related issues
• Supported 7,000 end users during the migration of PC to Macintosh environment.
 – more... Insured MSOffice Suite 2010 installation and functionality installed would operate at peak efficiency for the Eli Lilly enhanced users.
• Set up installation of printers to be configured to laptops or iPads
• Documented calls in Service Now and Service Manager – less
Great organization and very much interested in their employees!
Senior Sales Representative (Former Employee), Shreveport, LANovember 15, 2013
Great company! Worked with some of the greatest people that Ive gotten the opportunity to get to know and become friends with!
Diverse Work Environment
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INNovember 14, 2013
Pros: parking garage, working hours are flexibile
A typical day consisted of communicating regularly with key business partners and co-workers.
Planned and coordinated business travel (I.e.,airfare, hotel, and ground transportations).
Arranged various on-site and off-site meetings; prepared and submitted meeting and congress registrations for multiple business partners.
The hardest part of the job – more... is being able to juggle multiple tasks at one time and prioritizing the tasks in an often, very paced environment.
What I enjoyed the most is the diversity, and work/family life balance.
I also found that my co-workers were very friendly, professional and willing to be a team player. – less
Fun workplace
Summer Intern (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INNovember 10, 2013
I interned there in College. It's been a while but it is probable still a great place to work.
great work place
Senior Quality Control Assistant (Former Employee), indianapolis,indianaNovember 7, 2013
enjoyed working with people and the surroundings.always delivered material to customer in a timly manner
Good experience
Pharmaceutical Sales Representative (Former Employee), Port Jefferson, NYNovember 1, 2013
Pharmaceutical sales experience in primary care setting. Business analysis and sales knowledge developed and executed successfully.
contractor epidemiologist
Epidemiologist (Current Employee), IndianapolisOctober 31, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule, work from home
Cons: contractor, no benefits, no paid vacation
flexible schedule but no benefits whatsoever.
Good work but could be better.
Lilly is the best company in the world. The most ethical environment. Lilly offers continuous training and education.
Pharmaceutical Sales Representative (Former Employee), New Orleans, Franklinton, Covington areas in LaOctober 29, 2013
Pros: excellent environment and compensation.
Cons: i can't think of one.
I had to learn about my products and a continuous basis. Sales training was extensive and impressive. My coworkers were the best people I have ever met. I enjoy sales and the challenge of it. I liked calling on doctors and would have done that forever if I had not quit to rear my children. Benefits were great with large bonuses. The challenge of getting – more... the doctor's attention was enjoyable. – less

About Eli Lilly

Eli Lilly and Company discovers, develops, manufactures and sells products in one business segment, pharmaceutical products. The – Read more