Eli Lilly

Eli Lilly Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great place to learn and work, but low salaries
Sales Advisor (Former Employee), AmmanMay 17, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: no schooling, low salaries
great place to learn
low salaries
too much restrictions
no room for creativity
Great Large Company to Work For
Sr. Business Analyst/Business Consultant (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INMay 13, 2014
Eli Lilly is a great place to work. They have several opportunities for advancement and outstanding benefits. They were not that stable and very political, but overall, it was a great place to work.
ACS, a Xerox Company and GP Strategies at Eli Lilly
Operations Team Lead (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INMay 7, 2014
Pros: growth
Cons: hours
My typical day of work would start around 6:00 a.m. I handled the daily inbox for the Training and Development branch of HR at Eli Lilly. I started by prioritizing issues and requests from customers with Eli Lilly. I handled all urgent requests, then moved on to trouble shooting any issues that could have been potentially created by one of my processors. – more... After getting through the emails that had come in overnight (we were global) I moved on to allocating work to all processors for the day and ensured that tasks were completed by the end of the work day. This included pulling raw data from a company specific data base and formatting into a "daily sheet" for each processor. I would then move on to any of my daily complex reporting and formatting in Excel. I also handled all reporting for Six Sigma and ECIA in Metrics that Matter. All research and trouble shooting was handled in SAP and Citrix/Leads. My team and co-workers including the Lilly Global Training Data Stewards always worked above and beyond to ensure compliance for Eli Lilly's employees and specific departments. The hardest part of my job is that I was a single mother and working, on average, 65 hours a week. The least amount of hours I logged was 50 and the most in one week was 98. I worked morning, night, and weekends and my time with my daughter was very limited. I developed an incredible skill set working at Eli Lilly. I also improved my skills and won multiple awards for streamlining business processes, going above and beyond to ensure tasks were completed, contributing to achieving group goals, possessing a positive attitude, remaining open to change, and identifying process improvements. – less
Premier Pharma company
Executive Sales Representative (Former Employee), Louisville, KYMay 5, 2014
Pros: robust compensation packaage
Cons: losing product patents led to no merit increases in salary for four years in a row
Lilly provided the compensation, advancement and work culture that helped me to excel
challenging and engaging
Sales (Current Employee), IndianapolisMay 4, 2014
Pros: longstanding reputable company
Cons: being choked by red-tape
challenging work due to governmental constraints. Most co-workers are very bright and hard-working ethical people
Accounts Receivable Associate (Current Employee), Cork, CApril 29, 2014
I'm Very happy to work for Lilly, but due personal reasons I'm looking for work in dublin
Family friendly work place
Cymbalta e-Representative (Marketing Team) (Current Employee), 11April 26, 2014
I have really enjoyed my time at Lilly with great co-workers and was able to learn so much from this company
Good old fashion corporation
Research Operations Intern (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INApril 17, 2014
Friendly and helpful coworkers with plenty of untapped resources that require better management.
Many Years with the company
Several Different Roles (Former Employee), Indianapolis, IndianaApril 17, 2014
Pros: level of opportunity for advancement, pay level
Cons: job security, management heavy, loss of values for the employee
Over my many years with Eli Lilly and Company I learned many daily life skills of how to become a successful professional employee. I was given many opportunities to experience different departments alone with opportunities in community service. The areas I have experienced start with marketing through manufacturing ending in distribution. I also have – more... support area experience in procurement and IT. I was given a very worldly diverse education in a professional environment through this company and for that I am very grateful. As the company changed so did the level of job security that I am greatly sadden to have experienced, but owe all my professional education to the company for which I am proud to say I was a third generation employee. – less
Respect for People
Sr. AA, Global Established Emerging Markets (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INMarch 30, 2014
Pros: high degree of integrity and stability. respect for people. great benefits
Cons: stress level can be high
Eli Lilly is a company with a great deal of integrity and diversity. Corporate philosophy embraces the interconnectedness with not only the employees and their unique and diverse backgrounds but also with the local and global impact of operations.
Culture of the company embraces social, environmental, and economic responsibility at every level.
Great people, great work environment, a litte bit of work overload.
Engineer (Former Employee), Carolina, PRMarch 26, 2014
Loved the job because of the incredible impact it has on the quality of life of the consumers. People are great, helpful. Just a little bit of oveload which made it difficult to meet family needs: pick kids from school, cook dinner, etc...
Medical Information Associate (Current Employee), gurgaonMarch 26, 2014
NIce company to work. Comfortable enviroment, but not good at creating opportunities for an employee to grow.
safe enviroment
Operations Technician (Current Employee), Liverpool, ENGMarch 16, 2014
Pros: good team ethic
Good company to work for, Start work at 6 am work as a team in manufacturing department. respect for management and supervisors and co workers.
meeting targets, everyone going home safely.
productive
Packaging Operator (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INMarch 11, 2014
very fast pace and no errors, I learned how to operate 5 machines since I had been employed there. the people are great to work around and there very helpful.
Great atmosphere and great co-workers.
Operations- Packaging (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INMarch 10, 2014
A typical day at work is that we go in and communiction is passed by our supervisor about day shift and we go out on the floor and communicate with the production workers.

What I have learned is that job duties can change daily and individuals have come in with an open mind that at any time during the day the task can change.

The management have an – more... open door policy and employees are welcome to discuss any issues they have.

My co-workers are open minded and open to suggestions that makes the environment less stressful.

The hard and also the most challenging part of the job is that situations change daily.

The most enjoyable part of the job are the co-workers and the environment is fast pace. – less
Good company. patient focused, respect for all
Sales Representative (Current Employee), MIFebruary 23, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: it support
Good company overall. Managers can be inconsistent. Promotions are tough to achieve.
na
Senior District Sales Manager (Current Employee), United StatesFebruary 22, 2014
Great company with a strong history of helping patients and providers..
Very well respected and well poised for the future.
Great Opprotunity
Pharmaceutical Sales Representative (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: flexabilty
Cons: stability
It is a great company that helps you learn and the healthcare industry
Excellent working environment with great opportunities to grow
Business Analyst - Near East and Gulf (Former Employee), Dubai, DUFebruary 19, 2014
At Lilly, employees adopt in their daily work Lilly values of integrity, excellence, respect for people
Sr. Validation Consultant (Former Employee), Carolina, PRFebruary 11, 2014

About Eli Lilly

At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered – Read more

Eli Lilly Photos