Eli Lilly

Eli Lilly Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Excellent working environment with great opportunities to grow
Business Analyst - Near East and Gulf (Former Employee), Dubai, DUFebruary 19, 2014
At Lilly, employees adopt in their daily work Lilly values of integrity, excellence, respect for people
Sr. Validation Consultant (Former Employee), Carolina, PRFebruary 11, 2014
Good experience
SAP SD FUNCTIONAL CONSULTANT (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INFebruary 8, 2014
The company culture is something distinct and one has to adapt to it to perform well. Nice colleagues made it a good experience.
Global experience in a highly respected company.
Global Project Management Assistant (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INFebruary 8, 2014
Pros: good medical, dental, vision, work out memberships and other benefits.
Cons: global paper work means a lot of time spend in front of a computer.
A typical day at work is checking e-mails, with requests to load protocols, final reports, or publications into different software systems. I support publishing scientists and manage the compliance of global retrospective and prospective observational studies; which are managed much differently than clinical trials.

I've learned a great deal in this – more... position and the learning curve was rather steep at the beginning because there were many different software systems to manage. The most difficult part of my job is managing multiple priorities from so many different studies and making sure that all high priorities are addressed and handled within 24 hours.

The most enjoyable part of the job are it's campus with the culture in place to make sure that even though the majority of my day is spend in front of a computer - there are facilities close by to work out, coffee zons, multiple cafeterias and social areas for down time. – less
THis was a great position, and great counterparts to work with
Diabetes Specialist (Former Employee), Parsippany, NJFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: great working conditions
Cons: contract was calcelled early
This was a position for diabetes, and I went to Presidents council for being # 1 in the region ffor all three products. I worked well with my counterparts and our diabetic educators. The contract ended early
Good work environment dynamic science field
Material Procurement Liaison (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INFebruary 2, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: long hours with cell culture research
I enjoyed my time at Eli Lilly in BioProcess research. I was supervisor over a Cell Culture media preparation lab. I was also given other responsibilities to ensure all raw materials were procured for research use. I maintained all raw materials and performed QC requirements for them as well. I enjoyed most working with the people at Lilly.
Good experience
Project Assistant (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: great experience
Cons: only temp
It helped me in finding a permanent job in the field I really enjoyed and meeting people.
Close knit environment with great work life balance
Market Research Associate, Oncology Group (Former Employee), Gurgaon, IndiaJanuary 28, 2014
Close knit environment with great work life balance. Superiors were great guides who provided great learning opportunities.
Exact information posted with first Pharmaceutical Position
Executive Sales Representative (Former Employee), Miami, FlJanuary 19, 2014
Same information, new products and new doctors.
I sold all products to 10 doctors a day.
Some were Primary Care Medicine, others were Endocrinolgist, Cardiologist and more.
Learned 5 medicines over the years that were great products.
Very fast learner
Two set of rules
Operator (Former Employee), ClintonJanuary 16, 2014
Lilly is a great place to work IF you are a Lilly person. They treat everyone else like dirt and put blame on you even if their people are at fault. They train their people to be that way and point fingers at contractors.They are allowed to talk and treat contractors like dirt and the management backs them up. Probably a good place to work if you are – more... a Lilly employee, but not so much for contractors. The RED BOOK they always talk about must have that clause in it. – less
Flexible, reasonable, meaningful
CSV Consultant (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 9, 2014
Excellent company to work for. Always on the edge of technology and advanced R&D.
Senior Financial Analyst
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INDecember 29, 2013
One of the world's largest global pharmaceutical companies with sales over $16 Billion
• Managed annual forecast in excess of $100M and ensured quarterly and annual targets were met. Achieved operating expense and capital targets for the organization with a 99.97% rate in 2001 and 100.04% in 2002.
• Helped save $9.4M for division. One vendor refunded – more... $1.8M of over payments, another refunded $1.7M of overpayments, and another refunded $750K for PDR purchases and reduced future invoices by similar amounts.
• Promoted to a Senior Financial Analyst position in a year, less than the required 3 year timeframe – less
Eli Lilly is a good employer
Chemist (Former Employee), Lafayette, INDecember 23, 2013
Eli Lilly is a good employer, but the cost for business is out of control.
Meaningful Career
Senior Product Specialist (Former Employee), Singapore, S00December 17, 2013
I was responsible forr sales and marketing of the oncology portfolio. Through understanding and identifying customer's needs, I was able to grow sales by 10-20% annually. Additionally, I cultivated KOLs to act as brand champions and resulted in a successful listing of the product in a public healthcare institution for first line treatment in lung cancer.I – more... was also part of the team that successfully launched a new oncology product and grew usage of product with patient access program.

The most meaning part of the job is knowing that my work helped helped patients buy precious time to fulfill their final wishes and spend time with their love ones in the last days – less
Challenging and good working environment with team work
DIABETES EDUCATOR (Former Employee), Hyderabad, APDecember 10, 2013
Pros: interaction with highly qualifies health care professionals, updating knowledge
Cons: long working hours and travelling distances
As a educator day in and day out we meet many patients and haealthcare professionals which helps us to improve our knowledge and as well as share and try to educate the needy.

With the help of management and under the guidance of dynamic leadership and also the support from all the teams makes our job a interesting and smooth ride.

It is sometimes – more... a challenge to make understand some people abou the management of the disease but its always inteesting and fun to meet many people in the course of the job. – less
Great company to work for, lots of great benefits.
Lab Animal Technician 1 (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INDecember 7, 2013
Eli Lilly is a great company to work for. There is such a wide variety of jobs that they offer and the benefits are the best I have ever seen at a company. All of the people working there are very friendly and it is great to see the overall company accomplishments and knowing that you have helped contribute to them.
Great Company
Administrative Assistant to the CSLTeam (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INDecember 3, 2013
Pros: lots of paid time off
Cons: 4 year contracts for admin assistants
Great, established company, just has a different way of retaining their administative assistants.
I worked for a VP & his associates and 3 attorneys at 2 different times
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Indianapolis INNovember 25, 2013
Both positions were very detailed; for the VP I scheduled travel accommodations, handled his calendar and set up meetings; I also typed letters & presentations as needed.

For the attorneys I typed letters, revised legal documents and whatever tasks needed to completed.
Eli Lilly is good for full time
Global iPad Support (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INNovember 23, 2013
If you are a full time employee, I've heard it is great. Contract work did not place me an environment I enjoyed.
Huge Pharma company and easy to get lost among the other reps.
Pharmaceutical Sales Representative (Former Employee), Monterey, CANovember 19, 2013
Pros: large pharma company, broad product portfolio, easy to move up in the company if you have friends in high places.
Cons: bonuses are on the low side, managers play favorites, little to no marketing support from corporate.
Lilly is a large pharma company with thousands of reps across numerous divisions. It wasn't hard to get lost among the herd. To stand out, you needed the help of a manager whose mission it was to get you promoted, usually at the expense of the other reps in your district.

In addition, Lilly is extremely conservative about how it operates. Very little – more... to no DTC marketing, co-pay coupons or resources to help you outsell your competition in the field.

Base salary can be on the higher end of the industry spectrum, but the incentives/bonuses are lower then other companies. – less

About Eli Lilly

Eli Lilly and Company discovers, develops, manufactures and sells products in one business segment, pharmaceutical products. The – Read more