Eli Lilly

Eli Lilly Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Best job I've had
Strategic Sourcing Intern (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 19, 2014
Pros: great work environment, great co workers
Cons: job security
Lilly has the best work environment. They expect a lot out of their people but they give a lot in return. They have fantastic facilities and put a focus on work/life balance.

The only downside is that, as a huge international corporation, a lot of their marching orders come from the US, and can negatively affect their subsidiaries.
An inovative and progressive company, with solid values and equal opportunities
Senior Sales Marketing Associate (Former Employee), WinnipegAugust 27, 2013
* A typical day usually started at 8am, either at medical rounds or personal one on one meetings with health care professionals.
When ever possible I would arrange a lunch meeting with a key customer, either at a local restaurant or in the cafeteria in the hospital. The afternoon was spent with a few more key customer calls and then in my home office – more... to type up call notes.

* Keeping in front of the customer was paramount to ensure my products were front of mind when decisions were made on which medication they would decide to use.

* Immediate management were always there for support and guidance. Easy to reach and bounce ideas off. If big decisions needed to be made in an account they would readily make themselves available.

* At meetings time was spent bouncing ideas off fellow co-workers on strategies that were effective in the field. Always willing to be available if needed to bounce ideas of each other.

* The hardest part of the job was keeping in front of the customer and having meaningful discussions with key account health care professionals.

* Most enjoyable part of the job was seeing life saving products being used in an effective manor and having the respect of your customers. – less
A nice place to work
SOX Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 13, 2013
-Not a busy typical work day
- Pharmaceutical industry market and risks
- Management is highly professional, open and honest, easy to communicate with.
- My co workers are nice people always helpful.
Great people to work with
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 26, 2012
Pros: included in all extra cirricular activities
Cons: can't think of any
Good core values and a very customer focused company.

Always giving back in to the community. Big supporter of the United Way Campaign.
Utilities Worker (Current Employee), Carolina, PRNovember 19, 2014
GOod palce to work , good beneficies and salaries. The hard thing are rotatong shift
Very high paced, political, and quality oriented
Process Engineer (Current Employee), Carolina, PRNovember 18, 2014
Typical day would consist of meetings and troubleshooting, investigations, and project implementations.

I learned a lot of hands on experience and a sense of responsability for product quality I would not have gotten anywhere else.
good place
SIX SIGMA BLACK BELT (Current Employee), Carolina, PRNovember 13, 2014
Good place to work; enjoyed co-workers; lots of opportunities
ETL developer (Current Employee), Indianapolis,IndianaNovember 10, 2014
It has been a learning experience till date with scope of upgrading my own knowledge grow both technically and professionally
Majority of my time was enjoyable, stimulating and continuos learning
Sr Medical Education Asst (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INNovember 6, 2014
Pros: helpful dedicated people, relaxed environment, potential for advancement
Cons: change of management structure and style, uncertainty of position elimination, lack of management support
Typical days included follow-up with internal requests for information, external communications, communications and follow-up with vendors, fulfillment of medical education material, set-up and attendance of medical education meetings. Overall management was helpful in providing guidance for growth and encouraged reaching out to other parts of the organization – more... to learn procedures and processes that may benefit our team. The environment was very relaxed and enjoyable to work with any number of people at multiple levels of the organization. The most difficult time was last 12-18 months when management was different which included a totally different view of expectations. Job was not fulfilling which in turn resulted in elimination of my position. – less
Start in 1982,was great for scientific innovation. By 2004, only Political Science was valued.
Research Scientist (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INNovember 6, 2014
Pros: it was a great place to be from.
Cons: it was a great place to be from
I don't play ping pong. Stress, more stress. The general feeling was that a person must make themselves look better by making someone else look worse.

Management only hears what they want to hear - facts are considered to be irrelevent nuisances to be dispensed of.

On a scale of 1 (lowest) to 10 (highest):
Pharmaceutical SCIENCE - 1
Political SCIENCE – more... - 10 – less
Ok
Compliance (Current Employee), ArizonaNovember 6, 2014
OK. this is not about politics. this is about doing the right there for the country.
Historically a Strong Employer in Indianapolis, Indiana
Manager (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INOctober 24, 2014
I have worked at Eli Lilly and Company for 10 years and have overall enjoyed the ups and downs that have come with a pharmaceutical company. I have had strong leadership and great developmental support. Currently, the organization is flattening out. This will lead to fewer opportunities to advance and meet both personal and professional goals.
fine to work for
Controller/CFO/multiple business units (Former Employee), indianapolis, inOctober 23, 2014
Pros: work life balance is great
Cons: too slow to react to chnages
Great culture but too slow in making decisions. Nice place to work.
Recruiting Assistant (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INOctober 19, 2014
Enjoyed the flex-time, people, and work life balance, teamwork, learned how to delegate my workload. Hardest part of the job was delegating...
Great Companny where I learned everything in my professional life.
District Sales Manager (Former Employee), São Paulo, SPOctober 16, 2014
This Company was much important for me. I had a lot of experience as a leader and as marketing services department.
Enjoyable place to work with Friendly fun people
Leader of QC Microbiological Testing (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INOctober 16, 2014
Alot of innovation going on!!!! I really enjoyed working at Lilly, there are many a day I miss it. It gives you a sense of helping others.
Great
Senior Executive Assistant (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 13, 2014
Geat Company.
Learned a lot from management and colleagues.
Would Recommend to friends and family
Eli Lilly
Senior Clinical Project Manager (Former Employee), WindleshamOctober 7, 2014
I have enjoyed my time at Eli Lilly, it has allowed me to progress rapidly within the company but the downside is that financially they pay well below the industry standard. For that reason I am looking to move on
Review
Neuroscience Pharmaceutical Sales Executive (Former Employee), Mankato, MNOctober 7, 2014
Compensation for performance was wonderful. Corporate Center was a great place to be and wonderful people there. Opportunity for growth and development, not consistent.
Excellent Company
Engineering COOP (Former Employee), Carolina, PRSeptember 29, 2014
A great place to work and they pay very well.

Good Environment.

1 2 3 4 5

About Eli Lilly

At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered – Read more

Eli Lilly Photos