Eli Lilly

Eli Lilly Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Best job I've had
Strategic Sourcing Intern (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 19, 2014
Pros: great work environment, great co workers
Cons: job security
Lilly has the best work environment. They expect a lot out of their people but they give a lot in return. They have fantastic facilities and put a focus on work/life balance.

The only downside is that, as a huge international corporation, a lot of their marching orders come from the US, and can negatively affect their subsidiaries.
An inovative and progressive company, with solid values and equal opportunities
Senior Sales Marketing Associate (Former Employee), WinnipegAugust 27, 2013
* A typical day usually started at 8am, either at medical rounds or personal one on one meetings with health care professionals.
When ever possible I would arrange a lunch meeting with a key customer, either at a local restaurant or in the cafeteria in the hospital. The afternoon was spent with a few more key customer calls and then in my home office – more... to type up call notes.

* Keeping in front of the customer was paramount to ensure my products were front of mind when decisions were made on which medication they would decide to use.

* Immediate management were always there for support and guidance. Easy to reach and bounce ideas off. If big decisions needed to be made in an account they would readily make themselves available.

* At meetings time was spent bouncing ideas off fellow co-workers on strategies that were effective in the field. Always willing to be available if needed to bounce ideas of each other.

* The hardest part of the job was keeping in front of the customer and having meaningful discussions with key account health care professionals.

* Most enjoyable part of the job was seeing life saving products being used in an effective manor and having the respect of your customers. – less
A nice place to work
SOX Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 13, 2013
-Not a busy typical work day
- Pharmaceutical industry market and risks
- Management is highly professional, open and honest, easy to communicate with.
- My co workers are nice people always helpful.
Great people to work with
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 26, 2012
Pros: included in all extra cirricular activities
Cons: can't think of any
Good core values and a very customer focused company.

Always giving back in to the community. Big supporter of the United Way Campaign.
Great Experience
Pharmaceutical Sales Representative (Former Employee), BirminghamDecember 22, 2014
Work for Eli Lilly & Co was very rewarding. It allowed me to interact with some of the smartest people on the planet. In addition, it gave me the ability to provide a service to patients that were in need.
Very dynamic workplace
Senior Medical Representative (Current Employee), Western RegionDecember 20, 2014
Full of new learnings and challenges in the field.
First things first.
open workplace
cooperative peers
Lilly Diabetes Brand Manager (MKT) (Current Employee), Lisboa, P11December 17, 2014
Exceptional leadership development capabilities
Fantastic work environment
Good balance between profissional and private life
People are always willing to help others
Open mind and free to challenge
Excellent
Product Manager (Former Employee), CairoDecember 15, 2014
-Setting the marketing plans and strategies.
-Setting the annual target (budget) and expenses.
-Preparation of market researches and surveys activities.
-preparation of sales and market analysis.
-Launching EPCI in Hospital & institutional business.
- Preparation of medical training manuals and products monograph.
- Preparation of cycle meetings.
-Continuous – more... training and development program for field force.
-Ensuring implementation of marketing plans and strategies.
-Evaluation the results (monthly, quarterly, and year-end review) – less
Worked in a drug discovery lab.
Summer Replacement Student (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INDecember 9, 2014
Working in a drug discovery lab opened my eyes to the scientific research done in the pharmaceutical industry and increased my interest in working in pharmaceutical research.
Just a great place to work
Mechanic (Former Employee), indianapolis inDecember 8, 2014
Pros: wages, benifits, get people all around
management was good, co-workers were great, I learned from management that change does not come quick.
This is just a project in which I support As TCS employee
IT Analyst (Former Employee), Noida, IndiaNovember 30, 2014
In this project, I basically need to support various Ubuntu Servers, which Hosts various ELI LILLY websites which are responsible their Marketing and sales websites.
This project is basically stable project with very less support in terms of Linux Administration.
Lilly
Farm Hand (Former Employee), Greenfield,INNovember 25, 2014
work there part time in high school
was one of the best experences of my life
employes were very help full
training was very lenghy
worked with all different kinds of animals
very nice people
Utilities Worker (Current Employee), Carolina, PRNovember 19, 2014
GOod palce to work , good beneficies and salaries. The hard thing are rotatong shift
Very high paced, political, and quality oriented
Process Engineer (Current Employee), Carolina, PRNovember 18, 2014
Typical day would consist of meetings and troubleshooting, investigations, and project implementations.

I learned a lot of hands on experience and a sense of responsability for product quality I would not have gotten anywhere else.
good place
SIX SIGMA BLACK BELT (Current Employee), Carolina, PRNovember 13, 2014
Good place to work; enjoyed co-workers; lots of opportunities
ETL developer (Current Employee), Indianapolis,IndianaNovember 10, 2014
It has been a learning experience till date with scope of upgrading my own knowledge grow both technically and professionally
Majority of my time was enjoyable, stimulating and continuos learning
Sr Medical Education Asst (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INNovember 6, 2014
Pros: helpful dedicated people, relaxed environment, potential for advancement
Cons: change of management structure and style, uncertainty of position elimination, lack of management support
Typical days included follow-up with internal requests for information, external communications, communications and follow-up with vendors, fulfillment of medical education material, set-up and attendance of medical education meetings. Overall management was helpful in providing guidance for growth and encouraged reaching out to other parts of the organization – more... to learn procedures and processes that may benefit our team. The environment was very relaxed and enjoyable to work with any number of people at multiple levels of the organization. The most difficult time was last 12-18 months when management was different which included a totally different view of expectations. Job was not fulfilling which in turn resulted in elimination of my position. – less
Start in 1982,was great for scientific innovation. By 2004, only Political Science was valued.
Research Scientist (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INNovember 6, 2014
Pros: it was a great place to be from.
Cons: it was a great place to be from
I don't play ping pong. Stress, more stress. The general feeling was that a person must make themselves look better by making someone else look worse.

Management only hears what they want to hear - facts are considered to be irrelevent nuisances to be dispensed of.

On a scale of 1 (lowest) to 10 (highest):
Pharmaceutical SCIENCE - 1
Political SCIENCE – more... - 10 – less
Ok
Compliance (Current Employee), ArizonaNovember 6, 2014
OK. this is not about politics. this is about doing the right there for the country.
Historically a Strong Employer in Indianapolis, Indiana
Manager (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INOctober 24, 2014
I have worked at Eli Lilly and Company for 10 years and have overall enjoyed the ups and downs that have come with a pharmaceutical company. I have had strong leadership and great developmental support. Currently, the organization is flattening out. This will lead to fewer opportunities to advance and meet both personal and professional goals.

1 2 3 4 5

About Eli Lilly

At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered – Read more

Eli Lilly Photos