Eleven Points Logistics Employee Reviews in Canada

clean atmosphere, great people
Order picker - Forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 4, 2016
I had a great time at this job we worked 3 days 12 hrs and (2) 20 min and 1 full hour break. the people and management was great also enjoyed the people I worked with. Hardest part of the job was the 12 hour grave yard shift and getting though the work shift safely.
Better management needed but overall great work environment.
Order picker (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mountain House, ABJuly 2, 2016
- great room for expanding into higher roles/position
- management needs improving.
- co workers are the best
- Learned how to correctly operate and order picker, over reach, and fork lift.
- Hardest part of the job that i found, was overcoming the fear of heights I had as I really wanted to be an Order picker (OP)
- Enjoyed working and being part of a productive work crew, and being able to perform outstanding work time after time as well as learning more into the role of what an OP does.

A typical day at work starts off right away by me grabbing my list sheet and attaching myself via harness, as well as making sure that all working components on my Order picker were in proper condition. Upon successfully completing the check list, I would go an attach my crate and would start to grab items required before dropping them off to the conveyor belt. If there was still time left through out the shift i would hop onto the fork lift and would go and move pallets from receiving over to outbound just as to help out with the following shifts duties. Typical day at work but I loved it!!!
Pros
Easy load sheets allowed for room to leave early or help out in other sector.
Cons
Break rooms were far in terms of location in the warehouse, so it killed sometime off your break thats for sure.
Free lunches and days off to individuald.
fork lift operator (Former Employee) –  Milton, ONApril 28, 2016
This was an on going thing that E.P.L does, when an employee goes above and beyond the call od duty He or She would be given a day off of their choice.
Pros
regular lunches and awards when we reach and exceeds goals set
Cons
They close down way too soon as we were just getting setteled, because we were working for Target.
Good facility, not so good management
Receiver (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 19, 2016
State of the art logistics facility that was let down by poor management and poor supervisor selection. Great team potential hindered by lack of good examples set by most supervisors.
Motivating fast paced work enviroment
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ONMarch 9, 2016
I worked the weekend night shift, I started Friday night at 6 PM and worked until 6AM.
I worked in the inbound department, so I was offloading trailers and organizing freight and preparing it to be put away into the warehouse.
I worked with a great team of people, and it was a positive motivating place to be.
The hardest part of the job was the shift, and heavy lifting.
Pros
Incentives and compensation/benefits
Cons
productive place/opportunity to advance with licenses
Receiver, order filler, shipper (Former Employee) –  Milton, ONMarch 7, 2016
Company made a lot of promises and built big in Canada. Only lasted two years however. Pulled from Canada quickly (Target Stores)
Pros
4 day work week, 10 hour days
Cons
location out of town
Some of the greatest co workers anywhere.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Milton, ONFebruary 17, 2016
I was there from startup and was fortunate enough to be part of many projects. I was predominately a warehouse worker driving many pieces of mhe equipment and picking orders. I also rather enjoyed the shipping and depal side as well. I had the tremendous pleasure of meeting some great coworkers who i consider lifelong friends as well as some pretty decent supervisors though some were better then others. We had a great thing going with being on days four tens and a long weekend every weekend with pretty good benefits and making good money but sadly Target tried to grow too big too quickly without valuing their customer and was bleeding from early on and decided to pull the plug. I know alot of people said that it wasnt a good job and couldnt wait to get out but i bet now they miss the job as well as the people. To the friends i made at epl thank you for the memories and laughs we shared and i wish you all the best. To Target thanks for putting tens of thousands out of work in Canada based on your incompetence throughout the stores and 3 dc's. Lowes is in the building now and i could never go back cause i would always wonder what might of been.
Pros
four tens, long weekends, Great co workers. state of the art equipment
Cons
Target failing miserably. Inventory issues. 3rd party
missmanaged
Operations manager (Former Employee) –  Milton, ONJanuary 13, 2016
wonderful place to work but the lack of management experience did not let the company succeed in Canada.
the co workers were very helpful.
was good company ro work for
Maintenance Mechanic/Lead Hand (Former Employee) –  Milton, ONDecember 20, 2015
was good company ro work for, rotating shifts, very friendly working environment, good relation between supervisors and team members
It was organized and very well maintained.
Trainer/Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Milton, ONDecember 4, 2015
It was the distribution warehouse for Target in Milton, Ont, I was the Trainer for all forklifts and process trainer for the Manhatten system they used, for picking orders and putting product away in the racks.
Fast paced fun workplace
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Milton, ONNovember 19, 2015
picking orders on different types of machines such as reach pacer end rider and cherry picker using an RF gun
Problem solving with products and locations
Working with Manhattan Warehouse Management System
Receiving product cross docking
creating BOL
Pros
4 day week
It was a third party logistics for Target Canada. It has a huge warehouse with very modern equipment and most advance warehouse software.
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Milton ONNovember 12, 2015
It was a huge company's a huge workplace where I learned so many skills like material handling equipment, RF Scanner, Menhattan warehouse software,
Over here I used my math skills as well as accounting skills,
Pros
Very advance work place
Cons
long hours but less days
Order Picker/Operator (Former Employee) –  Milton, ONOctober 13, 2015
This is one of the best companies to work for. So sad to be in a very uncomfortable situation due to unavoidable circumstance beyond their control; but at least I became a part of a company that truly recognized your skills and capabilities and gave you the rare opportunity to learn something that not all company will grant. Every little thing that we did were appreciated.
Pros
great pay, Amazing co-workers
Cons
Third party logistic
maitece
maitence (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 16, 2015
very good company, loved working for it, was responsible for all maintenance duties. like changing battery's, painting, watering battery's. management was very good also
Great while in operation
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 4, 2015
Overall Genco is a great employer. I had a great time working for this company and would consider working for Genco in the future.
Pros
Cons
Shut down
it was a great place to work
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONSeptember 1, 2015
it was a good place to work for the time being, we closed our doors as target decided to leave canada, so a lot of us were left jobless
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
A very productive and fun environment.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Milton, OntarioJuly 22, 2015
This is one of the best companies to work for. So sad to be in a very uncomfortable situation due to unavoidable circumstance beyond their control; but at least I became a part of a company that truly recognized your skills and capabilities and gave you the rare opportunity to learn something that not all company will grant, forklift training. Every little thing that we did were appreciated.

IT WAS A VERY RELAXING ENVIRONMENT TO WORK WITH AND FINANCIALLY REWARDING, AS WELL!! I miss the people and the company itself.
Pros
Free lunch, snacks and games and activities
Cons
Third party logistic
excellent place
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  balzac ABJune 14, 2015
It was fantastic working here but it ends of company shut down due of target pull out in canada. The management is not 100% perfect but still treat us as a family. It was so fun to work in here and I miss eleven points logistics. Hard sometimes but mostly are fun and enjoyable.
Truck/forklift operator
Truck/forklift operator (Former Employee) –  toronto onMay 12, 2015
* Truck/forklift operator Truck/forklift operator * Assist in inventory control
Work closely with warehouse manager
Overall the company was a great place to work!
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ONApril 22, 2015
Typical day at work involved driving machinery, solving inventory issues, computer issues, orderfilling product, loading and unloading trailers.
Learned all there was about the company from the time the trailer was booked to the trailer leaving the building.
Co-workers and management were great to work with.
The hardest part about the job was keeping the morale up due to the company closure.
The most enjoyable part about the job was doing many different functions thru the day and the people.
Pros
The people and the 4 day work week
Cons
Company closure

4.2