Eleven Points Logistics Employee Reviews

Motivating fast paced work enviroment
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ONMarch 9, 2016
I worked the weekend night shift, I started Friday night at 6 PM and worked until 6AM.
I worked in the inbound department, so I was offloading trailers and organizing freight and preparing it to be put away into the warehouse.
I worked with a great team of people, and it was a positive motivating place to be.
The hardest part of the job was the shift, and heavy lifting.
Pros
Incentives and compensation/benefits
Cons
Some of the greatest co workers anywhere.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Milton, ONFebruary 17, 2016
I was there from startup and was fortunate enough to be part of many projects. I was predominately a warehouse worker driving many pieces of mhe equipment and picking orders. I also rather enjoyed the shipping and depal side as well. I had the tremendous pleasure of meeting some great coworkers who i consider lifelong friends as well as some pretty decent supervisors though some were better then others. We had a great thing going with being on days four tens and a long weekend every weekend with pretty good benefits and making good money but sadly Target tried to grow too big too quickly without valuing their customer and was bleeding from early on and decided to pull the plug. I know alot of people said that it wasnt a good job and couldnt wait to get out but i bet now they miss the job as well as the people. To the friends i made at epl thank you for the memories and laughs we shared and i wish you all the best. To Target thanks for putting tens of thousands out of work in Canada based on your incompetence throughout the stores and 3 dc's. Lowes is in the building now and i could never go back cause i would always wonder what might of been.
Pros
four tens, long weekends, Great co workers. state of the art equipment
Cons
Target failing miserably. Inventory issues. 3rd party
Better management needed but overall great work environment.
Order picker (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mountain House, ABJuly 2, 2016
- great room for expanding into higher roles/position
- management needs improving.
- co workers are the best
- Learned how to correctly operate and order picker, over reach, and fork lift.
- Hardest part of the job that i found, was overcoming the fear of heights I had as I really wanted to be an Order picker (OP)
- Enjoyed working and being part of a productive work crew, and being able to perform outstanding work time after time as well as learning more into the role of what an OP does.

A typical day at work starts off right away by me grabbing my list sheet and attaching myself via harness, as well as making sure that all working components on my Order picker were in proper condition. Upon successfully completing the check list, I would go an attach my crate and would start to grab items required before dropping them off to the conveyor belt. If there was still time left through out the shift i would hop onto the fork lift and would go and move pallets from receiving over to outbound just as to help out with the following shifts duties. Typical day at work but I loved it!!!
Pros
Easy load sheets allowed for room to leave early or help out in other sector.
Cons
Break rooms were far in terms of location in the warehouse, so it killed sometime off your break thats for sure.
clean atmosphere, great people
Order picker - Forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 4, 2016
I had a great time at this job we worked 3 days 12 hrs and (2) 20 min and 1 full hour break. the people and management was great also enjoyed the people I worked with. Hardest part of the job was the 12 hour grave yard shift and getting though the work shift safely.
targets distrubution centre
Forklift Operator and inbound dock receiver (Former Employee) –  Milton, ONSeptember 29, 2016
massive warehouse over 1.5 km long. emaculate facility everything was brand new. target went out of business not to sure what the place is now.........
Decent job while it lasted
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ONAugust 9, 2016
The people were great to work with, the job wasn't glamourous and the shift I was on was not optimal, but I would have staayed had the company not pulled out of Canada.
Free lunches and days off to individuald.
fork lift operator (Former Employee) –  Milton, ONApril 28, 2016
This was an on going thing that E.P.L does, when an employee goes above and beyond the call od duty He or She would be given a day off of their choice.
Pros
regular lunches and awards when we reach and exceeds goals set
Cons
They close down way too soon as we were just getting setteled, because we were working for Target.
missmanaged
Operations manager (Former Employee) –  Milton, ONJanuary 13, 2016
wonderful place to work but the lack of management experience did not let the company succeed in Canada.
the co workers were very helpful.
It was a third party logistics for Target Canada. It has a huge warehouse with very modern equipment and most advance warehouse software.
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Milton ONNovember 12, 2015
It was a huge company's a huge workplace where I learned so many skills like material handling equipment, RF Scanner, Menhattan warehouse software,
Over here I used my math skills as well as accounting skills,
Pros
Very advance work place
Cons
long hours but less days
Good facility, not so good management
Receiver (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 19, 2016
State of the art logistics facility that was let down by poor management and poor supervisor selection. Great team potential hindered by lack of good examples set by most supervisors.
Associates were great to work with in general
Shipper & Receiver/Inbound Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Milton, ONFebruary 18, 2015
This company is not interested in creating a progressive working culture. This is evident in the lack of experienced supervisors. Supervisory positions were just handed to friends and family irrespective of adequate interpersonal skills. This has resulted in an unmotivated workforce where the potential for advancement was bleak at best.

Their system to track productivity has taken over two years before the company acknowledged that their software for tracking productivity is inaccurate. They resorted to giving employees $200 gift certificates in apology for taking unjust disciplinary actions based on faulty productivity reports.
Cons
unsafe work environment: skids falling in racking due to no safety bars.
Work Envionment
Inbound Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Balzac, ABJanuary 18, 2015
The General Manager is/was one of the greatest leaders I have come to know in my 30 years of employment throughout my life. He always had time for team members. The GM instilled confidence and pride in so many. Our shift 2 team was the greatest operation in a 1.4 million square foot facility. From getting trailers checked in, to the doors, offloaded, product shipped or stored, It was the people that made it happen. This was more than a job to me, this was a living. Living in happiness with smiles, laughter and sense of accomplishment. I knew my role and the expectations my supervisors had for me. The management team managed in a style where we were held accountable for our actions. Our shift was so diversified, yet we were one. Our culture that we created was stability, strong, fairness, equal among all.
Pros
4 day work week
Cons
company shutting down
Fast paced fun workplace
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Milton, ONNovember 19, 2015
picking orders on different types of machines such as reach pacer end rider and cherry picker using an RF gun
Problem solving with products and locations
Working with Manhattan Warehouse Management System
Receiving product cross docking
creating BOL
Pros
4 day week
productive place/opportunity to advance with licenses
Receiver, order filler, shipper (Former Employee) –  Milton, ONMarch 7, 2016
Company made a lot of promises and built big in Canada. Only lasted two years however. Pulled from Canada quickly (Target Stores)
Pros
4 day work week, 10 hour days
Cons
location out of town
Another day Another dollar
General Labour (Former Employee) –  Cornwall ONJanuary 31, 2014
It was the same routine everyday, cutting boxes open and putting them on the feeding table to have my team mates ship out the product. In the other department I loaded and unloaded trucks by a deadline, to assort the product at its right region. I learned co-operative skills in a team. Management was always a little un organized and a little unsure of certain things, but always willing to listened to what we had to say.
The hardest part of the job was the constant heavy lifting and movement I had to do on my lower back as I already have back problems as well as staying sane. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with felt like family and actually care for one another and gave a hand to those who needed it.
Pros
benefits, weekly payments
Cons
longs hours, shifts were never official
The culture EPL has put in place from day one is the most positive I have been a part of.
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Balzac, ABMay 5, 2013
EPL is an amazing company to work for.
EPL is very dedicated to making sure their client and their associates as well as the over culture are the main driving forces of the company.
My management team is very knowledgeable and very positive to work with.
My team is extremely talented and very hard working.
Hardest part of my job is not being home enough for my family.
The most enjoyable part of my job is my team and the dedication they bring every single day.
Pros
positive work environment. extremely good culture.
Cons
not home enough to spend time with the family.
Great while in operation
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 4, 2015
Overall Genco is a great employer. I had a great time working for this company and would consider working for Genco in the future.
Pros
Cons
Shut down
Overall the company was a great place to work!
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ONApril 22, 2015
Typical day at work involved driving machinery, solving inventory issues, computer issues, orderfilling product, loading and unloading trailers.
Learned all there was about the company from the time the trailer was booked to the trailer leaving the building.
Co-workers and management were great to work with.
The hardest part about the job was keeping the morale up due to the company closure.
The most enjoyable part about the job was doing many different functions thru the day and the people.
Pros
The people and the 4 day work week
Cons
Company closure
Order Picker/Operator (Former Employee) –  Milton, ONOctober 13, 2015
This is one of the best companies to work for. So sad to be in a very uncomfortable situation due to unavoidable circumstance beyond their control; but at least I became a part of a company that truly recognized your skills and capabilities and gave you the rare opportunity to learn something that not all company will grant. Every little thing that we did were appreciated.
Pros
great pay, Amazing co-workers
Cons
Third party logistic
maitece
maitence (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 16, 2015
very good company, loved working for it, was responsible for all maintenance duties. like changing battery's, painting, watering battery's. management was very good also

4.2