Eleven Points Logistics

Eleven Points Logistics Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Associates were great to work with in general
Shipper & Receiver/Inbound Coordinator (Former Employee), Milton, ONFebruary 18, 2015
Cons: unsafe work environment: skids falling in racking due to no safety bars.
This company is not interested in creating a progressive working culture. This is evident in the lack of experienced supervisors. Supervisory positions were just handed to friends and family irrespective of adequate interpersonal skills. This has resulted in an unmotivated workforce where the potential for advancement was bleak at best.

Their system to track productivity has taken over two years before the company acknowledged that their software for tracking productivity is inaccurate. They resorted to giving employees $200 gift certificates in apology for taking unjust disciplinary actions based on faulty productivity reports.
highly motivated team environment with consistent top performance records through in house and client audits. Fun, positive working atmosphere.
Facility Operations Manager (Current Employee), Cornwall, ONFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: team building, communicating
Cons: target has chosen to close and exit canada
Eleven Points Logistics is a third party logistics company created by Genco to provide logistics / operations services exclusive to Target Canada's three 1.4m sq. ft. distribution centers located across Canada. Working as a 3PL provider, maintenance manager I oversee all aspects of facility and building maintenance for the Cornwall DC. Interact with supervisors, trades and utility staff on a daily basis. Liaison with our client, contractors, operations managers and GM to ensure all goals are being met, We promote the ongoing training and team building to ensure safety of all associates. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the pride and commitment of our maintenance team.
Productive and busy
Inventory Control Coordinator (Current Employee), Balzac, ABFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: town hall/meeting sessions
Cons: long drive
Each day starts with a team meeting to discuss what the days priorities are. There are many different areas of concern so they vary from day to day. They could include cycle counts, PO investigations, processing damages, over-ships, unidentified freight, donations, salvage, and recalls among others.
The management and my co-workers have been great since day one and I would gladly work with so many of them again. The hardest part of this job is that it is ending. EPL is a 3rd party logistics company and our client is leaving the marketplace and with that goes the relationships which have been built up in the last two years.
The most enjoyable part is being part of a start-up company and hitting the financial and logistic goals and objectives set forth by our client, quicker than the timeline set.
Productive fun work enviroment
Receiver/Warehouse Associate/MHE Trainer-Operator (Current Employee), Milton ontFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: training .process also rolling stock
The associates we work with are like family and very helpful ,with each other in work practices.Room for training and coaching.
My crew all worked well together
Maintenance, Utility (Current Employee), Cornwall, ONFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: 12 hour shifts provide me with free time to spend with my family
Cons: had to work nightshift a month at a time.
My daily duties were to upkeep the building and perform preventative maintenance on a daily basis. Our crew of 8 guys all got along well with each other.
good working conditions and provided equal opportunities for employees
Forklift Operator/Warehouse Associate. (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: free food for a job well done
Cons: working long hours
Eleven Points Logistics is a diverse company that provides new opportunities for learning and advancement for its employees.
Nice to work with
Inventory Control Coordinator (Current Employee), calgary, abFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: good company
Cons: target stores poor policies for end customer
Spent 2 years with fun and learn , HR department listen and follow up all problems and give solutions.Thanks to everyone
Proactived person.
Inventory Control Coordinator (Current Employee), Inventory Control CoordiantorFebruary 8, 2015
Highly motivated, goal oriented and team player who is able to work in a fast and paced environment. Strong business acumen and thorough knowledge of inventory, procurement and logistics processes. Proven ability to work dealing with customers in different kind of situations while maintaining composure.
This has been a fantastic experience!
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), Cornwall, OntFebruary 6, 2015
This has been the most rewarding chapter to date, as far as my career. Unfortunately our client has chosen to leave Canada and leaving us all to stat over. The certainly can't take away the awesome team and memories we have.
past facing work place
warehouse associate (Former Employee), Milton, ONFebruary 4, 2015
Picking the product using walkie,take extra care of the company product.learn how to work on the past facing work place.the company have a good reputation for the safety of the employee.learn how to work in the different type of people,meeting the deadline,every time we finish the job on time with the of each other.
Great place to work until Target Canada annouced they were closing
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), Cornwall, ONJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: everything
Cons: closing
Loved everything about my job. My schedule, management, my co-workers and atmosphere were great.
Productive and family oriented company
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), Milton, ONJanuary 25, 2015
I was able to be a part of a major site start up in which I had the opportunity to be involved in every aspect of the start up process. I had the pleasure of being a part of a team that was dedicated to customer service and meeting targets.
Good Company
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee), Balzac, ABJanuary 24, 2015
It was good but soon we are out of business because of Target leaving Canada. Thanks EPL. Great team and people.
Break Pack Supervisor (Current Employee), Balzac, ABJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Being part of a team which took everything head on during start up and seeing the final result.

Hardest part was being shut down after 2 yrs of hardwork.
Good company
Supervisor (Current Employee), Milton, ONJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: can make some good money if you work hard and show initiative
Cons: tied to the auto industry maybe a little too much
Nothing to knock here as this company goes with the market. The steel industry dictates if they are busy or slow.
Work Envionment
Inbound Coordinator (Former Employee), Balzac, ABJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: 4 day work week
Cons: company shutting down
The General Manager is/was one of the greatest leaders I have come to know in my 30 years of employment throughout my life. He always had time for team members. The GM instilled confidence and pride in so many. Our shift 2 team was the greatest operation in a 1.4 million square foot facility. From getting trailers checked in, to the doors, offloaded, product shipped or stored, It was the people that made it happen. This was more than a job to me, this was a living. Living in happiness with smiles, laughter and sense of accomplishment. I knew my role and the expectations my supervisors had for me. The management team managed in a style where we were held accountable for our actions. Our shift was so diversified, yet we were one. Our culture that we created was stability, strong, fairness, equal among all.
Very good place to work, did a lot for the team, barbecues, meals, draws and much more. I would not leave if they were not closing
Operations Manager (Current Employee), Cornwall, ONJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: was able to make my own decisions and manage without interference
Cons: there were none the business was still new
A day at work starts at 5:00 am with a planning meeting with the supervisors, from there I would go through all of my emails and make sure that we accomplish what is set out for the day. I would then go for a walk of the building, stopping to talk with everyone on the floor and looking for any touch points that may need to be taken care of. I would then send an email to everyone with my findings and what needs to be taken care of. Then I would attend the morning mangers review where we would go over the plan from the previous day and talk about what was good and what may not be good. Next would be the managers meeting with the GM and other senior managers. After this we would have a shift huddle with the supervisors and go over the plan and what changes need to be made, whether we have to remove associates from the business or get support from the agency. I would then walk the building and the areas and make sure that everything was going al-right. Then we would do our conference calls with the other sites and the client and work on our improvement plans when we had them. Would monitor attendance to make sure everyone gets paid, taking care of the associates is number one they are your biggest asset. We would have another shift huddle to make sure that everyone was meeting their volumes and hours needed in the business. most of the rest of the day was spent in meetings and on the floor. The last steps were a shift pass off with the night time supervisors letting them know what the expectation was and what needed to be done. The end of the day was a pass off to everyone on how the day went was was good about it what was bad and if there were any safety issues what did you do about them.
Great Opportunity
Operations Supervisor/Production Control (Current Employee), Rocky View, ABJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: great advancement opportunites
Cons: customer went bankrupt and pulled out of canada
This company had a lot of great opportunity. I transferred from Cornwall, ON to Alberta last summer as I enjoyed my position very much. It was challenging work, but reward able.
good work place
warehouse associate (Current Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 14, 2014
Pros: gift cards and dinner periodicaly
Cons: long shifts
EPL is a safe and clean place to work. they offer fair pay and benefits.i like to work with epl. since EPL is a new company in canada, they may take time to run smoothly.
If you go through at temp agency you're screwed. Management sucks.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Milton, OnAugust 27, 2014
Long Rant

Had been driving forklift for 6 months and inquired about full time.
HR for Eleven Points Logistics would never return phone calls or emails. Finally I personally spoke with HR and they said I hadn't passed a survey and that I would NEVER work for EPL. What about showing up everday, being punctual, great productivity, getting along with others, not hitting anything, actually doing more than is expected? "Nope if you don't pass the survey, you will NEVER work for EPL."
At this time I was also told that I could work for the agency as long as I wanted.

The temp agency said they had heard only good things about my attitude, work ethic and my production.After a year my contract with the temp agency was renewed.

Being a temp meant that EPL could tell you not to come in if the production was not there on weekends. This happened even if there were overtime hours during the week. Some of the supervisors tried to fix this by preventing full timers from coming in on the weekend so the temps were not screwed over.

Some of my temp co-workers were also refused full time because of this silly survey. There were numerous attemps by several supervisors to plead to the "powers that be" to get us fulltime.
Meanwhile every weekend shift there was an incident report of one of the full timers (not the temps) hitting some racking or a pole with a machine.A slap on the wrist and back on the machine.
A little irony is that all the supervisors I spoke with at EPL never took that survey. My guess is a large percentage of them would have failed.

Some of the full timers were on a special – more... progamme because their
productivity wasn't there. They spent more time hiding in the aisles talking with their colleagues. The temps always picked up the slack
even though they were told they would never be hired.

One day, I received a clinical email from the temp agency stating that : My services would no longer be needed by EPL.

It took me a few moments but I then realized that my agreement with the agency was up in two days. I later saw a posting on the internet from EPL for weekend associates. They were hiring directly. – less