Eleven Points Logistics Employee Reviews

Very good company to work for
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Boston Church Rd18 July 2016
Loading and unloading trailers. management was great. coworkers were great. An overall great company to work for. Hours of work were great. Salary was great
wasn\t great very long hours
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON4 November 2016
Wasn't the greatest job, I enjoyed the 4 day weekends. But I guess warehouse just isn't what I was cut out for. Extremely long hours, very strenuous repetitive work.
Pros
below minimum wage, and 4 day week ends
Cons
very long hours, repetitive, strenuous work
Motivating fast paced work enviroment
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON9 March 2016
I worked the weekend night shift, I started Friday night at 6 PM and worked until 6AM.
I worked in the inbound department, so I was offloading trailers and organizing freight and preparing it to be put away into the warehouse.
I worked with a great team of people, and it was a positive motivating place to be.
The hardest part of the job was the shift, and heavy lifting.
Pros
Incentives and compensation/benefits
clean atmosphere, great people
Order picker - Forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 July 2016
I had a great time at this job we worked 3 days 12 hrs and (2) 20 min and 1 full hour break. the people and management was great also enjoyed the people I worked with. Hardest part of the job was the 12 hour grave yard shift and getting though the work shift safely.
Better management needed but overall great work environment.
Order picker (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mountain House, AB2 July 2016
- great room for expanding into higher roles/position
- management needs improving.
- co workers are the best
- Learned how to correctly operate and order picker, over reach, and fork lift.
- Hardest part of the job that i found, was overcoming the fear of heights I had as I really wanted to be an Order picker (OP)
- Enjoyed working and being part of a productive work crew, and being able to perform outstanding work time after time as well as learning more into the role of what an OP does.

A typical day at work starts off right away by me grabbing my list sheet and attaching myself via harness, as well as making sure that all working components on my Order picker were in proper condition. Upon successfully completing the check list, I would go an attach my crate and would start to grab items required before dropping them off to the conveyor belt. If there was still time left through out the shift i would hop onto the fork lift and would go and move pallets from receiving over to outbound just as to help out with the following shifts duties. Typical day at work but I loved it!!!
Pros
Easy load sheets allowed for room to leave early or help out in other sector.
Cons
Break rooms were far in terms of location in the warehouse, so it killed sometime off your break thats for sure.
targets distrubution centre
Forklift Operator and inbound dock receiver (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON29 September 2016
massive warehouse over 1.5 km long. emaculate facility everything was brand new. target went out of business not to sure what the place is now.........
Decent job while it lasted
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON9 August 2016
The people were great to work with, the job wasn't glamourous and the shift I was on was not optimal, but I would have staayed had the company not pulled out of Canada.
Good facility, not so good management
Receiver (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 April 2016
State of the art logistics facility that was let down by poor management and poor supervisor selection. Great team potential hindered by lack of good examples set by most supervisors.
Some of the greatest co workers anywhere.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON17 February 2016
I was there from startup and was fortunate enough to be part of many projects. I was predominately a warehouse worker driving many pieces of mhe equipment and picking orders. I also rather enjoyed the shipping and depal side as well. I had the tremendous pleasure of meeting some great coworkers who i consider lifelong friends as well as some pretty decent supervisors though some were better then others. We had a great thing going with being on days four tens and a long weekend every weekend with pretty good benefits and making good money but sadly Target tried to grow too big too quickly without valuing their customer and was bleeding from early on and decided to pull the plug. I know alot of people said that it wasnt a good job and couldnt wait to get out but i bet now they miss the job as well as the people. To the friends i made at epl thank you for the memories and laughs we shared and i wish you all the best. To Target thanks for putting tens of thousands out of work in Canada based on your incompetence throughout the stores and 3 dc's. Lowes is in the building now and i could never go back cause i would always wonder what might of been.
Pros
four tens, long weekends, Great co workers. state of the art equipment
Cons
Target failing miserably. Inventory issues. 3rd party
Associates were great to work with in general
Shipper & Receiver/Inbound Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON18 February 2015
This company is not interested in creating a progressive working culture. This is evident in the lack of experienced supervisors. Supervisory positions were just handed to friends and family irrespective of adequate interpersonal skills. This has resulted in an unmotivated workforce where the potential for advancement was bleak at best.

Their system to track productivity has taken over two years before the company acknowledged that their software for tracking productivity is inaccurate. They resorted to giving employees $200 gift certificates in apology for taking unjust disciplinary actions based on faulty productivity reports.
Cons
unsafe work environment: skids falling in racking due to no safety bars.
Work Envionment
Inbound Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Balzac, AB18 January 2015
The General Manager is/was one of the greatest leaders I have come to know in my 30 years of employment throughout my life. He always had time for team members. The GM instilled confidence and pride in so many. Our shift 2 team was the greatest operation in a 1.4 million square foot facility. From getting trailers checked in, to the doors, offloaded, product shipped or stored, It was the people that made it happen. This was more than a job to me, this was a living. Living in happiness with smiles, laughter and sense of accomplishment. I knew my role and the expectations my supervisors had for me. The management team managed in a style where we were held accountable for our actions. Our shift was so diversified, yet we were one. Our culture that we created was stability, strong, fairness, equal among all.
Pros
4 day work week
Cons
company shutting down
Free lunches and days off to individuald.
fork lift operator (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON28 April 2016
This was an on going thing that E.P.L does, when an employee goes above and beyond the call od duty He or She would be given a day off of their choice.
Pros
regular lunches and awards when we reach and exceeds goals set
Cons
They close down way too soon as we were just getting setteled, because we were working for Target.
Another day Another dollar
General Labour (Former Employee) –  Cornwall ON31 January 2014
It was the same routine everyday, cutting boxes open and putting them on the feeding table to have my team mates ship out the product. In the other department I loaded and unloaded trucks by a deadline, to assort the product at its right region. I learned co-operative skills in a team. Management was always a little un organized and a little unsure of certain things, but always willing to listened to what we had to say.
The hardest part of the job was the constant heavy lifting and movement I had to do on my lower back as I already have back problems as well as staying sane. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with felt like family and actually care for one another and gave a hand to those who needed it.
Pros
benefits, weekly payments
Cons
longs hours, shifts were never official
The culture EPL has put in place from day one is the most positive I have been a part of.
Operations Supervisor  (Current Employee) –  Balzac, AB5 May 2013
EPL is an amazing company to work for.
EPL is very dedicated to making sure their client and their associates as well as the over culture are the main driving forces of the company.
My management team is very knowledgeable and very positive to work with.
My team is extremely talented and very hard working.
Hardest part of my job is not being home enough for my family.
The most enjoyable part of my job is my team and the dedication they bring every single day.
Pros
Positive work environment. Extremely good culture.
Cons
Not home enough to spend time with the family.
It was a third party logistics for Target Canada. It has a huge warehouse with very modern equipment and most advance warehouse software.
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Milton ON12 November 2015
It was a huge company's a huge workplace where I learned so many skills like material handling equipment, RF Scanner, Menhattan warehouse software,
Over here I used my math skills as well as accounting skills,
Pros
Very advance work place
Cons
long hours but less days
missmanaged
Operations manager (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON13 January 2016
wonderful place to work but the lack of management experience did not let the company succeed in Canada.
the co workers were very helpful.
Fast paced fun workplace
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON19 November 2015
picking orders on different types of machines such as reach pacer end rider and cherry picker using an RF gun
Problem solving with products and locations
Working with Manhattan Warehouse Management System
Receiving product cross docking
creating BOL
Pros
4 day week
productive place/opportunity to advance with licenses
Receiver, order filler, shipper (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON7 March 2016
Company made a lot of promises and built big in Canada. Only lasted two years however. Pulled from Canada quickly (Target Stores)
Pros
4 day work week, 10 hour days
Cons
location out of town
Productive and busy
Inventory Control Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Balzac, AB12 February 2015
Each day starts with a team meeting to discuss what the days priorities are. There are many different areas of concern so they vary from day to day. They could include cycle counts, PO investigations, processing damages, over-ships, unidentified freight, donations, salvage, and recalls among others.
The management and my co-workers have been great since day one and I would gladly work with so many of them again. The hardest part of this job is that it is ending. EPL is a 3rd party logistics company and our client is leaving the marketplace and with that goes the relationships which have been built up in the last two years.
The most enjoyable part is being part of a start-up company and hitting the financial and logistic goals and objectives set forth by our client, quicker than the timeline set.
Pros
Town Hall/meeting sessions
Cons
Long drive
good working conditions and provided equal opportunities for employees
Forklift Operator/Warehouse Associate. (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 February 2015
Eleven Points Logistics is a diverse company that provides new opportunities for learning and advancement for its employees.
Pros
free food for a job well done
Cons
working long hours

4.2