Eleven Points Logistics

Eleven Points Logistics Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
If you go through at temp agency you're screwed. Management sucks.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Milton, OnAugust 27, 2014
Long Rant

Had been driving forklift for 6 months and inquired about full time.
HR for Eleven Points Logistics would never return phone calls or emails. Finally I personally spoke with HR and they said I hadn't passed a survey and that I would NEVER work for EPL. What about showing up everday, being punctual, great productivity, getting along with others, – more... not hitting anything, actually doing more than is expected? "Nope if you don't pass the survey, you will NEVER work for EPL."
At this time I was also told that I could work for the agency as long as I wanted.

The temp agency said they had heard only good things about my attitude, work ethic and my production.After a year my contract with the temp agency was renewed.

Being a temp meant that EPL could tell you not to come in if the production was not there on weekends. This happened even if there were overtime hours during the week. Some of the supervisors tried to fix this by preventing full timers from coming in on the weekend so the temps were not screwed over.

Some of my temp co-workers were also refused full time because of this silly survey. There were numerous attemps by several supervisors to plead to the "powers that be" to get us fulltime.
Meanwhile every weekend shift there was an incident report of one of the full timers (not the temps) hitting some racking or a pole with a machine.A slap on the wrist and back on the machine.
A little irony is that all the supervisors I spoke with at EPL never took that survey. My guess is a large percentage of them would have failed.

Some of the full timers were on a special progamme because their
productivity wasn't there. They spent more time hiding in the aisles talking with their colleagues. The temps always picked up the slack
even though they were told they would never be hired.

One day, I received a clinical email from the temp agency stating that : My services would no longer be needed by EPL.

It took me a few moments but I then realized that my agreement with the agency was up in two days. I later saw a posting on the internet from EPL for weekend associates. They were hiring directly. – less
Productive and great opportunities
Warehouse Associate (Order Picker) (Current Employee), Milton, ONMay 28, 2014
Pros: good opportunities
Cons: needs better coffee vending machines
Ability to learn/get training for other areas beside originally posted positions, fast-paced work environment with supervisors frequently walking throughout warehouse to ensure employees are following safety standards. Greater opportunities as you gain experience and easy-to-access HR staff. Good teamwork-driven, respectable and reliable employees. – more... Good thing, work 36 hours, 12 hour shift during weekends and have 4 weekdays off. Bad thing, terrible coffee vending machine... Being a temp for first 3-6 months is not good at all hour-wise – less
Very Productive to productive no fun
Inbound/ Receiving associate/ trainer (Current Employee), Milton, ONMay 23, 2014
Pros: just decent benefits
Cons: 10 hour shifts
A typical day at EPL started off with a group meeting and stretches right after that we depart individually or in teams to start off loading trailers. Our first break is four hours into shift by that time most of us are to hungry to work at our full potential, that is the part of the job I hate the most is the first four hour stretch. We have a no food – more... or drink policy in the warehouse to top things off. The associates are all down to earth which makes getting along with everyone very easy. The hardest part of the job is working a DAMCO load which is conveyer assisted off loading where an associates places boxes on a conveyer always facing one way which head towards about three sorters and a forklift operator these off sea containers often have 4000+ cases ranging from batteries to mini fridges and solid wood armoire. If you are inside the trailer and those types of heavy freight are on your load your day turns into a major workout. – less
Productive and fun working. I love to work in a fast face environment
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 3, 2014
I learn a lot, like operating stand up counterbalance machine, order picker, end rider and using RF scanner. Operating machine in depal area. i learned how to close trailers, picked orders, put away products.
24 hour environment with many shift options.
Order Picker (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 10, 2014
Long shifts
Team environment
Education does not count
Busy work environment
Huge/large workspace
fun and challenging workplace, dependable and approachable supervisors
Packer Associate (Current Employee), Milton, ONFebruary 5, 2014
Being a packer is a challenging role, it needs to be very accurate in order to meet clients' satisfaction that's why i enjoyed what I'm doing and as a result, working with my co-workers and supervisors is never an issue. My dedication to work was seen by my immediate supervisors that's why they've appointed me to be a Process Trainer in our department.
A very good place to work
Conveyor Operator (Current Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 5, 2014
Good Management great envoirment ,learned lot of new processes
Another day Another dollar
General Labour (Former Employee), Cornwall ONJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: benefits, weekly payments
Cons: longs hours, shifts were never official
It was the same routine everyday, cutting boxes open and putting them on the feeding table to have my team mates ship out the product. In the other department I loaded and unloaded trucks by a deadline, to assort the product at its right region. I learned co-operative skills in a team. Management was always a little un organized and a little unsure – more... of certain things, but always willing to listened to what we had to say.
The hardest part of the job was the constant heavy lifting and movement I had to do on my lower back as I already have back problems as well as staying sane. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with felt like family and actually care for one another and gave a hand to those who needed it. – less
Very nice company
Maintenance Utilities Associate (Current Employee), CalgaryAugust 1, 2013
Eleven Points Logistics is a very nice company to work for. The managers are open-minded and the company has nice values and culture. you fill always happy to work there.
The culture EPL has put in place from day one is the most positive I have been a part of.
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), Balzac, ABMay 5, 2013
Pros: positive work environment. extremely good culture.
Cons: not home enough to spend time with the family.
EPL is an amazing company to work for.
EPL is very dedicated to making sure their client and their associates as well as the over culture are the main driving forces of the company.
My management team is very knowledgeable and very positive to work with.
My team is extremely talented and very hard working.
Hardest part of my job is not being home enough – more... for my family.
The most enjoyable part of my job is my team and the dedication they bring every single day. – less