Better management needed but overall great work environment.
Order picker (Former Employee) – Rocky Mountain House, AB – July 2, 2016
- great room for expanding into higher roles/position
- management needs improving.
- co workers are the best
- Learned how to correctly operate and order picker, over reach, and fork lift.
- Hardest part of the job that i found, was overcoming the fear of heights I had as I really wanted to be an Order picker (OP)
- Enjoyed working and being part of a productive work crew, and being able to perform outstanding work time after time as well as learning more into the role of what an OP does.
A typical day at work starts off right away by me grabbing my list sheet and attaching myself via harness, as well as making sure that all working components on my Order picker were in proper condition. Upon successfully completing the check list, I would go an attach my crate and would start to grab items required before dropping them off to the conveyor belt. If there was still time left through out the shift i would hop onto the fork lift and would go and move pallets from receiving over to outbound just as to help out with the following shifts duties. Typical day at work but I loved it!!!
Easy load sheets allowed for room to leave early or help out in other sector.
Break rooms were far in terms of location in the warehouse, so it killed sometime off your break thats for sure.