Electronic Systems

Electronic Systems Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
GREAT Pay, High School Like Environment
Contract Supply Agent (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAMay 18, 2015
Pros: The hours, benefits, the pay
Cons: The people
Working in the Virginia Beach location was rough. Everybody had an opinion and was welcomed to express it but the moment you commented, thought or even blinked with the slightest hint that you may have had a difference of opinion, you were called to the side and yelled at. Don't ever have your department switch managers, you'll be written up two times within in three weeks and fired without cause just weeks before Christmas holiday because one of your teammates disliked you. I liked working here at first. But it was until I noticed that based off someone's else opinion of you, everybody else judged you as well. I was let go without much merit but that's just how this company works. IF one doesn't like you and they are your manager's favorite, RUN before you end up jobless.
great
Installations Technician (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAMay 17, 2015
I am a passionate, experienced technical support consultant with superior organizational and communication skills, strong focus on maintaining highest level of consumer satisfaction, consistently taking initiative to complete tasks and assignments in a timely manner with minimal guidance and supervision in diverse environments. My goal is to obtain a challenging and rewarding position
Good work
Desktop Technician III (Former Employee), Ashland, VAOctober 2, 2014
Pros: constant learning
Cons: lots of travel
The work was good (learned a lot), but the opportunities were limited to move up, and management made promises they could not keep.

Enjoyed meeting new people each day, and helping them be more productive.

Hardest thing for me was the away time from home.
Great Place To Work
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee), Roanoke, VAMay 22, 2014
Wonderful people with GREAT products. If you are looking for a new copier product, make sure you call these guys... they will do you right!
good company
Account Executive (Former Employee), Forest, VAMay 1, 2014
Not a fan of commission structure for the Copier industry this is not a review on ESI it is on the Industry as a whole
Hampton VA/Shipyard Location
tech (Current Employee), Hampton, VAApril 20, 2014
Pros: experience
Cons: general environment where no one cares or takes pride in their work
Too many lazy individuals just collecting a paycheck. The managers don't care in general and comes in late all the time and leaves early. Paychek-wise, Techs at the shipyard might as well be working at Burger King. Only reason why ESI still has the contract with NNS is because the company under bids and will bend over backwards by supporting anything IT related that the Shipyard says. This explains why the managers are livin large and the low level techs are minimum wage workers. If you decide to work at the Hampton VA office do your time/get the experience and work directly for the shipyard instead.
Awful place to work
Tech (Current Employee), Hampton, VAApril 7, 2014
Pros: the employees you work with.
Cons: the management in a whole. if, paid more...could tolerate it.
This is a terrible place to work, the Hampton office. The managers are unprofessional and lazy. Sit behind a desk and look at emails all day. They will block you from moving to other departments for their own selfish will. Not worried about you advancing...just worried about having to inconvenience them and having to replace you and train someone else. The pay is borderline close to minimum, you don't get paid the way you should. Some projects pay their workers well and other that do the same work or more get significantly less, so...that the managers can live better. You have been warned!!!
advancement
Contract Supply Agent (Current Employee), Virginia Beach, VAApril 6, 2014
the company offers opportunity for advancement. Employess are all friendly and try to make work fun.
Good job but no advancement.
Installation Technician (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: traveling from site to site and interacting with customer.
Cons: no advancement. too much of the buddy buddy system.
It was a great experience working for ESI. As an installation technician I experienced first hand installing equipment, troubleshooting problems and interacting with customers. Received multiple awards for customer service.
Awesome place to work, a great learning experience
Customer Care Coordinator (Former Employee), Manassas, VAJanuary 18, 2014
This is one job that I will never forget. It had some much to learn and be taught and it was an adventure. I had a great team in both sections, wonderful bosses and just a wonderful time.
Great environment for growth
account manager (Current Employee), Richmond, VaJuly 26, 2013
Pros: friendly co-workers, good mamangers
I've learned a ton already about the industry. The opportunities are endless and the compensation is in line with the workload. Management is open, and even requesting of suggestions on improvement.
I had a tremendous Growth with ESI
Director of Technical Services (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAJuly 14, 2013
I spent the later years learning Profit and Loss strategies and managing 120 technicians and support staff state wide.
Excellent place to work for
Account Manager (Current Employee), Hampton, VAJuly 9, 2013
I am a current employee and have only been here with ESI for a few months but I can honestly say it has been the best decision I ever made coming to work for this company. The support that I receive from my managers and fellow employees is indescribable. There is a feel of having your own business but also being able to go to others when needed for help, so you are not alone. I can see myself here for years to come and that is definitely not a bad thing. I encourage any and everyone who is looking for a great place to work to further a career or a fresh start to a new career to consider a position at ESI.
I have been here for a long time and don't plan on going anywhere!
Team Lead, Supplies (Current Employee), Virginia Beach, VAJune 27, 2013
Pros: great benefits, good pay, good core values, the ability to advance, top notch management.
Cons: don't have any cons
I think our benefits package is one of the best out there and our earning potential is unlimited in sales. The company has very high standards and does a good job of hiring people with the same values. If you work hard and make it known that you are interested in moving up the ladder, they do a great job of helping you. The managers and supervisors here are top notch. This a great company that believes in its employees and stands behind them. They value the family unit and the balance of work and personal life.
A great place to work and learn
Marketing (Current Employee), Hampton Roads, VAJune 27, 2013
Pros: monday through friday, great coworkers, nice office
Cons: waking up early for work
A typical day is hard to describe. As a marketing employee, one work day is never the same as the next, which is what I love most about this job. Interning at ESI has given me the opportunity to create everything from press releases to employee information spreadsheets to setting up for events. That is my favorite part of the job; the fact that I'm given a variety of tasks allowed me to gain a vast amount of experience . My management has been understanding of my needs and has given me the responsibility of completing tasks on my own. When I'm done with something, I hand it over to someone on the management team or a coworker and it is always returned to me with constructive criticism as well as encouragement and praise. The hardest part of the job would have to be the work day hours, but they are typical 8 am to 5 pm hours, I'm just not a good morning person and I have a long commute. It's not that bad because it is Monday through Friday and you are also given a good amount of time for lunch. Overall, I would definitely recommend working for ESI, whether it is for a temporary internship or full-time.
PC Technician (Current Employee), Richmond, VAJune 26, 2013
I enjoy my job! My boss allows us to work without tremendous oversight, allows us to be autonomous.
PC Technician (Current Employee), Richmond, VAJune 26, 2013
Good entry level sales
Account Manager (Former Employee), VAApril 14, 2013
Pros: uncapped income
Cons: not very good benefits, no expenses paid for
Electronic Systems teaches the right way to go about selling products. This company is good at teaching its employees to go after the sales and that the more calls you make, the more money you have the potential to make.
terrible
Installation Technician (Former Employee), hampton vaJanuary 31, 2013
Pros: supervisors are idiots.hard to get fired will try to keep you
Cons: not knowing what you will be doing when you arrive at work
This company does not pay its technicians well for there back breaking labor they have to deal with at Newport news ship yard setting up computers on ships carrying all that equipment alone having to climb a latter to install pcs and they pay below average for jobs in this field if you apply here do not apply to the one in HAMPTON Virginia beach may be better people leave every two months from Hampton. it was so bad two guys left in the same month.
Great company
Senior Sales Executive (Former Employee), Roanoke, VASeptember 1, 2012
Pros: the best company ever to work for
Made sales calls on current and competitive customers
How much this company loves their employees
Awesome Management
Awesome co workers
Had to travel 4 hrs round trip to get to my territory
I loved calling and developing new relationships

About Electronic Systems

Since 1980, Electronic Systems has grown into the region’s largest provider of customized technology solutions for business. – Read more

Electronic Systems Photos

Team Building in the Trees
ESI employees won the Chamber's Kickball tournament in 2014.
Waterman's Customer Event, Virginia Beach