Electronic Systems Employee Reviews

Enjoy working at ESI
Director of Materials (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SD4 October 2016
9-10 hour days
Supplier relationships are vital to support the business
Management was fair
Communication with various levels of management
Working with the people
Pros
Great city
The Most Enjoyable Part Of The Job
File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VA1 June 2016
Most enjoyable day about the job is that I got to work with higher management to see how things are actually ran around the job area. Got to dress professional
Pros
Higher Mangement
Cons
Nothing everything was amazing
Numbers driven company. Lots of Management
Cust Serv Mgr/HR Generalist/Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VA26 August 2015
ESI is all about making their numbers. When company was smaller, it was a great place to work, but as the company got larger, the employees rewards were fewer and far between. Employee perks like a company picnic or Holiday party got pushed out. Raises over 3% were unheard of. Just because it's backed by a big corporation like Xerox doesn't make it better. Kudos to all that tried to make this a decent place to work. Bringing in talent from outside instead of pushing people up the ladder made for resentment from the employees.
Pros
Worked with a bunch of great people that became my friends
Cons
They got rid of important, motivated, promoters.
great
Installations Technician (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VA17 May 2015
I am a passionate, experienced technical support consultant with superior organizational and communication skills, strong focus on maintaining highest level of consumer satisfaction, consistently taking initiative to complete tasks and assignments in a timely manner with minimal guidance and supervision in diverse environments. My goal is to obtain a challenging and rewarding position
GREAT Pay, High School Like Environment
Contract Supply Agent (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VA18 May 2015
Working in the Virginia Beach location was rough. Everybody had an opinion and was welcomed to express it but the moment you commented, thought or even blinked with the slightest hint that you may have had a difference of opinion, you were called to the side and yelled at. Don't ever have your department switch managers, you'll be written up two times within in three weeks and fired without cause just weeks before Christmas holiday because one of your teammates disliked you. I liked working here at first. But it was until I noticed that based off someone's else opinion of you, everybody else judged you as well. I was let go without much merit but that's just how this company works. IF one doesn't like you and they are your manager's favorite, RUN before you end up jobless.
Pros
The hours, benefits, the pay
Cons
The people
Tough Enivroment
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VA9 July 2015
8-5 hours. Learned how to deal with a diverse group of people and technology. Management is spotty. The company is unrealistic with their expectations.
Pros
Benefits and not being stuck in a cubicle
Cons
unrealistc expectation and spotty management
Hampton VA/Shipyard Location
tech (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VA20 April 2014
Too many lazy individuals just collecting a paycheck. The managers don't care in general and comes in late all the time and leaves early. Paychek-wise, Techs at the shipyard might as well be working at Burger King. Only reason why ESI still has the contract with NNS is because the company under bids and will bend over backwards by supporting anything IT related that the Shipyard says. This explains why the managers are livin large and the low level techs are minimum wage workers. If you decide to work at the Hampton VA office do your time/get the experience and work directly for the shipyard instead.
Pros
experience
Cons
general environment where no one cares or takes pride in their work
Awful place to work
Tech (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VA7 April 2014
This is a terrible place to work, the Hampton office. The managers are unprofessional and lazy. Sit behind a desk and look at emails all day. They will block you from moving to other departments for their own selfish will. Not worried about you advancing...just worried about having to inconvenience them and having to replace you and train someone else. The pay is borderline close to minimum, you don't get paid the way you should. Some projects pay their workers well and other that do the same work or more get significantly less, so...that the managers can live better. You have been warned!!!
Pros
The employees you work with.
Cons
The management in a whole. If, paid more...could tolerate it.
terrible
Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  hampton va31 January 2013
This company does not pay its technicians well for there back breaking labor they have to deal with at Newport news ship yard setting up computers on ships carrying all that equipment alone having to climb a latter to install pcs and they pay below average for jobs in this field if you apply here do not apply to the one in HAMPTON Virginia beach may be better people leave every two months from Hampton. it was so bad two guys left in the same month.
Pros
supervisors are idiots.hard to get fired will try to keep you
Cons
not knowing what you will be doing when you arrive at work
Excellent place to work for
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VA9 July 2013
I am a current employee and have only been here with ESI for a few months but I can honestly say it has been the best decision I ever made coming to work for this company. The support that I receive from my managers and fellow employees is indescribable. There is a feel of having your own business but also being able to go to others when needed for help, so you are not alone. I can see myself here for years to come and that is definitely not a bad thing. I encourage any and everyone who is looking for a great place to work to further a career or a fresh start to a new career to consider a position at ESI.
I have been here for a long time and don't plan on going anywhere!
Team Lead, Supplies (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VA27 June 2013
I think our benefits package is one of the best out there and our earning potential is unlimited in sales. The company has very high standards and does a good job of hiring people with the same values. If you work hard and make it known that you are interested in moving up the ladder, they do a great job of helping you. The managers and supervisors here are top notch. This a great company that believes in its employees and stands behind them. They value the family unit and the balance of work and personal life.
Pros
Great benefits, good pay, good core values, the ability to advance, top notch management.
Cons
Don't have any cons
Awesome place to work, a great learning experience
Administrator Assistant/ Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VA23 July 2012
I really enjoyed working for ESI. I had a wonderful time. I learned more information with Great Plains 10, leadership, management, team playing. I worked the hardest setting up computer labs in the Fairfax County Public Schools. I enjoyed working with all the clients and the team.
Pros
all of the company was a pro to me.
Cons
i had no complaints about esi
Good job but no advancement.
Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VA22 January 2014
It was a great experience working for ESI. As an installation technician I experienced first hand installing equipment, troubleshooting problems and interacting with customers. Received multiple awards for customer service.
Pros
Traveling from site to site and interacting with customer.
Cons
No advancement. Too much of the buddy buddy system.
overall good start up company
Technical Assistant (Former Employee) –  GJ20 August 2015
- much work load
- good staff members
- cooperative leads
- fun to work in short deadlines
- overall good to learn environment
Good work
Desktop Technician III (Former Employee) –  Ashland, VA2 October 2014
The work was good (learned a lot), but the opportunities were limited to move up, and management made promises they could not keep.

Enjoyed meeting new people each day, and helping them be more productive.

Hardest thing for me was the away time from home.
Pros
Constant learning
Cons
Lots of travel
Good entry level sales
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  VA14 April 2013
Electronic Systems teaches the right way to go about selling products. This company is good at teaching its employees to go after the sales and that the more calls you make, the more money you have the potential to make.
Pros
uncapped income
Cons
not very good benefits, no expenses paid for
Great company
Senior Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VA1 September 2012
Made sales calls on current and competitive customers
How much this company loves their employees
Awesome Management
Awesome co workers
Had to travel 4 hrs round trip to get to my territory
I loved calling and developing new relationships
Pros
the best company ever to work for
Great Employees
Managed Print Services Specialist, Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg Va15 June 2015
Fun place to work they have great benefits and work with you on just about anything you can make a great career at this company
Great environment for growth
account manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, Va26 July 2013
I've learned a ton already about the industry. The opportunities are endless and the compensation is in line with the workload. Management is open, and even requesting of suggestions on improvement.
Pros
Friendly co-workers, good mamangers
Micromanagers Abound!
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VA15 March 2014
was hired as a computer technician but ended up working on printers 95% of the time. Fairfax location managed by micromanager in Virginia Beach with no concept of the local work conditions.