Electronic Systems

Electronic Systems Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Numbers driven company. Lots of Management
Cust Serv Mgr/HR Generalist/Payroll Administrator (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Worked with a bunch of great people that became my friends
Cons: They got rid of important, motivated, promoters.
ESI is all about making their numbers. When company was smaller, it was a great place to work, but as the company got larger, the employees rewards were fewer and far between. Employee perks like a company picnic or Holiday party got pushed out. Raises over 3% were unheard of. Just because it's backed by a big corporation like Xerox doesn't make it better. Kudos to all that tried to make this a decent place to work. Bringing in talent from outside instead of pushing people up the ladder made for resentment from the employees.
overall good start up company
Technical Assistant (Former Employee), GJAugust 20, 2015
- much work load
- good staff members
- cooperative leads
- fun to work in short deadlines
- overall good to learn environment
Tough Enivroment
Account Manager (Current Employee), Virginia Beach, VAJuly 9, 2015
Pros: Benefits and not being stuck in a cubicle
Cons: unrealistc expectation and spotty management
8-5 hours. Learned how to deal with a diverse group of people and technology. Management is spotty. The company is unrealistic with their expectations.
Great Employees
Managed Print Services Specialist, Account Manager (Current Employee), Lynchburg VaJune 15, 2015
Fun place to work they have great benefits and work with you on just about anything you can make a great career at this company
GREAT Pay, High School Like Environment
Contract Supply Agent (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAMay 18, 2015
Pros: The hours, benefits, the pay
Cons: The people
Working in the Virginia Beach location was rough. Everybody had an opinion and was welcomed to express it but the moment you commented, thought or even blinked with the slightest hint that you may have had a difference of opinion, you were called to the side and yelled at. Don't ever have your department switch managers, you'll be written up two times within in three weeks and fired without cause just weeks before Christmas holiday because one of your teammates disliked you. I liked working here at first. But it was until I noticed that based off someone's else opinion of you, everybody else judged you as well. I was let go without much merit but that's just how this company works. IF one doesn't like you and they are your manager's favorite, RUN before you end up jobless.
great
Installations Technician (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAMay 17, 2015
I am a passionate, experienced technical support consultant with superior organizational and communication skills, strong focus on maintaining highest level of consumer satisfaction, consistently taking initiative to complete tasks and assignments in a timely manner with minimal guidance and supervision in diverse environments. My goal is to obtain a challenging and rewarding position
Good work
Desktop Technician III (Former Employee), Ashland, VAOctober 2, 2014
Pros: constant learning
Cons: lots of travel
The work was good (learned a lot), but the opportunities were limited to move up, and management made promises they could not keep.

Enjoyed meeting new people each day, and helping them be more productive.

Hardest thing for me was the away time from home.
Great Place To Work
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee), Roanoke, VAMay 22, 2014
Wonderful people with GREAT products. If you are looking for a new copier product, make sure you call these guys... they will do you right!
good company
Account Executive (Former Employee), Forest, VAMay 1, 2014
Not a fan of commission structure for the Copier industry this is not a review on ESI it is on the Industry as a whole
Hampton VA/Shipyard Location
tech (Current Employee), Hampton, VAApril 20, 2014
Pros: experience
Cons: general environment where no one cares or takes pride in their work
Too many lazy individuals just collecting a paycheck. The managers don't care in general and comes in late all the time and leaves early. Paychek-wise, Techs at the shipyard might as well be working at Burger King. Only reason why ESI still has the contract with NNS is because the company under bids and will bend over backwards by supporting anything IT related that the Shipyard says. This explains why the managers are livin large and the low level techs are minimum wage workers. If you decide to work at the Hampton VA office do your time/get the experience and work directly for the shipyard instead.
Awful place to work
Tech (Current Employee), Hampton, VAApril 7, 2014
Pros: the employees you work with.
Cons: the management in a whole. if, paid more...could tolerate it.
This is a terrible place to work, the Hampton office. The managers are unprofessional and lazy. Sit behind a desk and look at emails all day. They will block you from moving to other departments for their own selfish will. Not worried about you advancing...just worried about having to inconvenience them and having to replace you and train someone else. The pay is borderline close to minimum, you don't get paid the way you should. Some projects pay their workers well and other that do the same work or more get significantly less, so...that the managers can live better. You have been warned!!!
advancement
Contract Supply Agent (Current Employee), Virginia Beach, VAApril 6, 2014
the company offers opportunity for advancement. Employess are all friendly and try to make work fun.
Good job but no advancement.
Installation Technician (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: traveling from site to site and interacting with customer.
Cons: no advancement. too much of the buddy buddy system.
It was a great experience working for ESI. As an installation technician I experienced first hand installing equipment, troubleshooting problems and interacting with customers. Received multiple awards for customer service.
Awesome place to work, a great learning experience
Customer Care Coordinator (Former Employee), Manassas, VAJanuary 18, 2014
This is one job that I will never forget. It had some much to learn and be taught and it was an adventure. I had a great team in both sections, wonderful bosses and just a wonderful time.
Great environment for growth
account manager (Current Employee), Richmond, VaJuly 26, 2013
Pros: friendly co-workers, good mamangers
I've learned a ton already about the industry. The opportunities are endless and the compensation is in line with the workload. Management is open, and even requesting of suggestions on improvement.
I had a tremendous Growth with ESI
Director of Technical Services (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAJuly 14, 2013
I spent the later years learning Profit and Loss strategies and managing 120 technicians and support staff state wide.
Excellent place to work for
Account Manager (Current Employee), Hampton, VAJuly 9, 2013
I am a current employee and have only been here with ESI for a few months but I can honestly say it has been the best decision I ever made coming to work for this company. The support that I receive from my managers and fellow employees is indescribable. There is a feel of having your own business but also being able to go to others when needed for help, so you are not alone. I can see myself here for years to come and that is definitely not a bad thing. I encourage any and everyone who is looking for a great place to work to further a career or a fresh start to a new career to consider a position at ESI.
I have been here for a long time and don't plan on going anywhere!
Team Lead, Supplies (Current Employee), Virginia Beach, VAJune 27, 2013
Pros: great benefits, good pay, good core values, the ability to advance, top notch management.
Cons: don't have any cons
I think our benefits package is one of the best out there and our earning potential is unlimited in sales. The company has very high standards and does a good job of hiring people with the same values. If you work hard and make it known that you are interested in moving up the ladder, they do a great job of helping you. The managers and supervisors here are top notch. This a great company that believes in its employees and stands behind them. They value the family unit and the balance of work and personal life.
A great place to work and learn
Marketing (Current Employee), Hampton Roads, VAJune 27, 2013
Pros: monday through friday, great coworkers, nice office
Cons: waking up early for work
A typical day is hard to describe. As a marketing employee, one work day is never the same as the next, which is what I love most about this job. Interning at ESI has given me the opportunity to create everything from press releases to employee information spreadsheets to setting up for events. That is my favorite part of the job; the fact that I'm given a variety of tasks allowed me to gain a vast – more... amount of experience . My management has been understanding of my needs and has given me the responsibility of completing tasks on my own. When I'm done with something, I hand it over to someone on the management team or a coworker and it is always returned to me with constructive criticism as well as encouragement and praise. The hardest part of the job would have to be the work day hours, but they are typical 8 am to 5 pm hours, I'm just not a good morning person and I have a long commute. It's not that bad because it is Monday through Friday and you are also given a good amount of time for lunch. Overall, I would definitely recommend working for ESI, whether it is for a temporary internship or full-time. – less
PC Technician (Current Employee), Richmond, VAJune 26, 2013
I enjoy my job! My boss allows us to work without tremendous oversight, allows us to be autonomous.

About Electronic Systems

Electronic Systems, Inc. (ESI) delivers market-leading technology solutions, exceptional service and consulting expertise to businesses – Read more

Electronic Systems Photos

Team Building in the Trees
ESI employees won the Chamber's Kickball tournament in 2014.
Waterman's Customer Event, Virginia Beach