Electronic Arts

Electronic Arts Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Innovative Entertainment Game Company
Senior Producer (Current Employee), Emeryville, CAJune 14, 2013
Pros: career development - learning opportunities
Cons: depending on the team, roles can be very restrictive
Easily applied software development and project management experience in this industry. Learned business development and general management as I brought to market a digital business for The Sims 3 franchise.
Fun and fast paced enviroment. Best work experienced!
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee), Redwood CityMay 17, 2013
Pros: the ea campus, great co-workers. occassionally free breakfast/lunch.
Cons: contract only.
1. A typical day at work starts off with checking my email. Responding to file requests or any support needed by the A/R department. Sorting and distributing the mail 2-3 times a day. Filing away the A/R Invoices. Mailing out invoices.
2. What I've learned at the A/R department was my role on the team and what it accomplishes for the company.
3. The – more... management was great. They would tell us time and time again that they managed our work and not our time. They were very rewarding and generous.
4. My co-workers were awesome! They looked out for me when they thought they needed to by telling me what was top priority. They also helped me stand out and let the management know how much they needed me so that my contract could be extended. We were a well managed team.
5. The hardest part of the job was rare. I would be providing analyst support(data entry) and the computer would freeze. I would call the I.T. dept and they would forward me to the software provider support team. They would walk me through what needed to be done in order to perform better.
6. I never dreaded coming to work. The most enjoyable part of the job would be anything that involved "filing". Such as boxing them at the end of the year and shipping them out. Anything that involved working with my hands. – less
Great company, exec leadership inconsistent
Sr. Project Manager (Former Employee), Austin, TXMay 15, 2013
Working at a gaming company is great and being part of gaming production is a great work experience. At WW Customer Experience, the senior leadership is lacking in communication and overall strategy to its staff. Decisions are made that affect the direction of staff and fiscal goals and make work challenging as employees are constantly reprioritizing – more... deliverables without clear sight of how jobs are benefiting leadership direction. Ability to get free games is a definite bonus. – less
Good teams and Good people
Associate Project Manager (Current Employee), Playa Vista, CAMay 12, 2013
Pros: on site gym
Cons: more marketing than hands on, compensation
Working at EA for the last several years has been a rewarding experience for both my personal and professional development. The managers on team legitimately work towards helping develop your career and expand your skillset.

Work-wise. A typical day includes daily standup meetings with local teams to review itemized tasks, accomplishments, and needs; – more... Reporting project status to senior and executive leadership on a weekly basis; Managing cross-functional teams in world wide studios

Cutlure-wise. Conversing with co-workers on industry trends and games; Geeking out over gadgets; organizing after-work gatherings – less
It’s always fun working in EA with any project. Learn lots of new things.
MS SQL Server Developer/DBA (Current Employee), Austin, TXMay 8, 2013
EA is great company to working with. I got changing and innovative work environment in EA as developer. Learn lots of new technology and working with all kind of people.
A company that wants to win
DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR (Current Employee), Los AngelesMay 6, 2013
Pros: free games
EA is a fast paced company with people that really want to excel in the video game business. It's a great environment when things are going well.
Great culture and people, job security and executives only focused on short-term goals
Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAApril 29, 2013
Long, but rewarding work days
Touched all areas of business from Royalties to Marketing & Sales
People are the best part of EA, everyone is smart and vibrant
Fun Working place
Assiciate Software Engineer (Current Employee), HyderabadApril 29, 2013
Learned a lot of technical skills.
Working and developing games is interesting.
EA EA EA
Sr. Manager, Web Analytics and Optimization (Current Employee), Bay Area Ca.March 28, 2013
Pros: great culture
Cons: workload
EA is a very cool place to work. You work hard and play hard.It is full of great people.
Too many Indian Chiefs, Not Enough Indians
Designer – Mobile Marketing (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 25, 2013
Pros: nice campus
Cons: too many email senders and fast-walkers
EA is a game publishing company, not a game company. They don't make games anymore. During my year there, I was only taking key art and rearranging it for different promos. Would not consider working there again. Hard to tell what the vision is, what's going on, infinite email senders but only a few designers who do actual work. Typical corporation – more... vibe and feel. – less
Awesome place to work with great people and a fun atmosphere
Facilities Coordinator (Current Employee), Austin, TXMarch 16, 2013
Pros: free breakfast, excellent facilities, great management, awesome parties
Cons: large contingent contractor workforce with a 1-year maximum contract.
Working at Electronic Arts has been a highlight of my career. The people are fantastic, fun and highly intelligent. The company itself is worthy of respect for the sheer entertainment value it has brought to the world.

My role at Electronic Arts as Facilities Coordinator was basically to move the needle in finding ways to improve working conditions – more... to the point of making EA Austin the best place to work anywhere.

We have rooms with pool tables, 80" TVs, video game consoles, nerf guns and ping pong tables. We set out fruit in the morning and have popcorn socials, monthly birthday parties, internal art exhibits and radically awesome holiday parties.

The hardest part of working at EA is being a contractor with an end date. Knowing that your time at EA is limited and that you'll be leaving behind some of the best coworkers you've ever had can be extremely depressing as your end-date approaches.

Everyone at EA works hard and plays hard and management cares about the day to day enjoyment of the workforce. – less
Very enjoyable place to work
QA Tester (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAMarch 6, 2013
Pros: hour lunch
Cons: minimum wage
You're duty as a QA is to find any bugs within the software you're testng and then write a report to send to the developers.

The people you work with are nice, and it's not too stressful.
love working at EA!
Concept Artist (Former Employee), Redwood City, CAMarch 2, 2013
shuttle bus from downtown San Francisco(fantastic!), good benefit, good people there.
Love EA
QA Test Lead (Former Employee), Redwood Shores, CAFebruary 27, 2013
Pros: free gym.
Cons: compenstation
Loved the campus and working there in general. Onsite free gym was amazing. Co-workers were also great to work with.
Productive and interactive team environment
Quality Assurance Tester (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAFebruary 27, 2013
Pros: free coffee and tea!
Cons: work hours aren't very flexible
Working as a Quality Assurance Tester is an outstanding entry-level experience for those with interests in software development. This is especially true for those that are interested in the video game industry. I had a great time working with several teams ensuring the quality of various video games and software features. You really get an introduction – more... to working within a corporation while enjoying all the perks of being able to take a first look at some of the up and coming new games within the industry. The work is done in a very professional manner while working closely with the developers and managers ensuring everyone is on the same page with the intricacies of how the game should work. A typical day at work would involve being updated by your project lead on any changes to the software's design along with various assigned tasks to be completed while working closely with your team. When these tasks are completed you may have time to really get into the game or software while paying close attention to any problems that may have a negative impact on the end user. The pay is pretty low but typical for the entry-level video game industry. – less
Nice and enjoying working environment, which keeps a person motivated
Game Module Designer (Former Employee), IndiaFebruary 26, 2013
Pros: motivational environment
I had a very nice experince from my first job and the environment there is so nice and motivating that everyone wants to work and enjoy their time with co-workers.
The hardest part of my job was during the Dec 2011 to Mar 2012 which made me a good employee and got me promoted to the next designation.
fast and productive, not enough pay for what they make you do
Tier 1 & 2 Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee), Austin, TXFebruary 17, 2013
Pros: the people i worked with, and some customers
Cons: not enough pay, poor management
I personally loved my job. they did not pay us whatsoever what we deserved. 9 an hr when others were making 12 for less the work i was doing.

but it didn't matter. the management there sucked, the policies sucked. i didn't get what was promised or this and that. but the relationships i had with my coworkers and some of the customers i had is what really – more... made my job.

i was there for a little longer than two years and had gotten everything down perfectly. I was on every type of support they had and was on all levels of support as well. wether it was phones, chat, or email i have done. intro support, tier 1, 2, escalation, warranty, terms of service.

the only thing that i did not like about the job was its security. you didn't know when you were going or who was going. they laid you off then acted like it didn't matter. I have seen so many people let go. And the pay. i was on so many teams, been higher level support, taken cases where i have to go fix someone elses mistake. I never got any raise or to know that someone who works for another ea campaign who strictly is chat, has no dress code, has less work than me, is making almost four more dollars than me. And im doing teir 1,2 phones and email?!? come on. thats what messed it up for me.

I will admit i have learned a lot from this job. I have taken skills with me that i may be able to use in other fields of work. I have become more professional, I have learned so much about computers, software, and video games. I have had such fun times with my coworkers. I have had some of the funniest conversations or have heard some of the funniest things while on the phones with these people. I loved it. Its just sad it is no longer here in austin, or at least the campaign i was on. – less
Good workplace and well managed staff
QA Tester (Former Employee), Hyderabad, APFebruary 11, 2013
Pros: nice workplace
Cons: low salary
Had a great time at EA. Nice workplace with multicultural environment.
Learned lot about Manual Testing of Mobile Application, Handset and Carrier Specific testing.
Management was good and cooperative and all the projects were completed before deadline.
Co-workers were like buddies you know for years.
Hardest part of the job was to work on too many – more... builds in a limited amount of time.
Enjoyable part of the job was field trips, team outing and many sports and cultural environments. – less
Depends on your manager
Contractor (Former Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 31, 2013
Pros: newer technologies
Cons: no work-life balance
Worked for a IT team of a division which doesn't produce games.

There was no planning in execution of projects. Most of the senior management is really good but when it comes to a middle level management they all seem very unclear on what is required to get company ahead.

For some strange reason they treated contractors for this division very badly. – more... They don't expect you to provide any suggestions to improve IT solutions. Overall worked on newer technologies but the immediate manager I got was really bad. – less
Making Games for a living? Awesome sounding..... Alas
Quality Assurance Tester (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 25, 2013
Pros: breakroom was epic, games and snacks
Cons: hours could get a little insane 65+ a week at times
The work was not quite what you would expect if you were never a game tester or in the industry yourself. Lots of building test cases, running test programs, and repetition of the same little section of a game, not actually playing it. But the office life was enjoyable and relaxed, Nerf seemed to be a sponsor of the building from the number of Nerf – more... weapons that abounded in that place... – less

About Electronic Arts

To armchair quarterbacks and couch-potato commandos, Electronic Arts (EA) is their Picasso. EA is a top-three global video game – Read more

Electronic Arts Photos