Electronic Arts

Electronic Arts Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
EA was good to me
QA Project Manager (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAJuly 5, 2013
Pros: some job security
Cons: constant change
I worked for EA at 3 different locations during my 10 years with the company. I worked with some very passionate and talented individuals.

I learned a lot about Project Management and even earned my certification from LSU.
Great place to work at first...
Senior Tester (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 1, 2013
It was a great place to work at... at first. After a couple years the studio took itself too seriously and became super corporate. Lots all of the enjoyment of working there.
Productive and Fun, Fast-paced work environment, Fun co-workers
Origin Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee), Redwood City, CAJune 24, 2013
Pros: good cafeteria, beautiful campus, nice location
Cons: lots of contractors at ea
I have had a great experience so far at Electronic Arts. I was offered a contract position after my internship in June 2012 where I was put on a transitional program where I spent 3 months in Store Operations, 3 months in the Merchandising department and 3+ months in Marketing for Origin - EA's digital platform service.

I was constantly learning new – more... things and had to quickly adapt to new roles due to my ever changing role.

The co-workers I worked with were great. They were patient and took time to teach me the necessary skills I needed in order to complete the different jobs/tasks in each role which in the end made each transition relatively easy! – less
Nice place to work
Project Manager for live-site (Current Employee), San Jose, CaliforninaJune 22, 2013
Nice place to work
overall live-site bug monitoring
track and drive all open bugs to close.
Productive workplace with a range of tasks
Executive Customer Relations Agent (Current Employee), Ballybrit,GalwayJune 20, 2013
Pros: great people
Cons: shift work can be quite exhausting
Productive workplace with a range of tasks

I deal with a range of issues, VIP clients and I work closely with management, also work on a self managed team who work mainly on their own initiative and to tight time frames and deadlines.
Productive and fun work place
Senior Sony Compliance Analyst (Former Employee), Redwood City, CAJune 20, 2013
Very good place to work with a strong game culture behind it.
Innovative Entertainment Game Company
Senior Producer (Current Employee), Emeryville, CAJune 14, 2013
Pros: career development - learning opportunities
Cons: depending on the team, roles can be very restrictive
Easily applied software development and project management experience in this industry. Learned business development and general management as I brought to market a digital business for The Sims 3 franchise.
Fun and fast paced enviroment. Best work experienced!
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee), Redwood CityMay 17, 2013
Pros: the ea campus, great co-workers. occassionally free breakfast/lunch.
Cons: contract only.
1. A typical day at work starts off with checking my email. Responding to file requests or any support needed by the A/R department. Sorting and distributing the mail 2-3 times a day. Filing away the A/R Invoices. Mailing out invoices.
2. What I've learned at the A/R department was my role on the team and what it accomplishes for the company.
3. The – more... management was great. They would tell us time and time again that they managed our work and not our time. They were very rewarding and generous.
4. My co-workers were awesome! They looked out for me when they thought they needed to by telling me what was top priority. They also helped me stand out and let the management know how much they needed me so that my contract could be extended. We were a well managed team.
5. The hardest part of the job was rare. I would be providing analyst support(data entry) and the computer would freeze. I would call the I.T. dept and they would forward me to the software provider support team. They would walk me through what needed to be done in order to perform better.
6. I never dreaded coming to work. The most enjoyable part of the job would be anything that involved "filing". Such as boxing them at the end of the year and shipping them out. Anything that involved working with my hands. – less
Great company, exec leadership inconsistent
Sr. Project Manager (Former Employee), Austin, TXMay 15, 2013
Working at a gaming company is great and being part of gaming production is a great work experience. At WW Customer Experience, the senior leadership is lacking in communication and overall strategy to its staff. Decisions are made that affect the direction of staff and fiscal goals and make work challenging as employees are constantly reprioritizing – more... deliverables without clear sight of how jobs are benefiting leadership direction. Ability to get free games is a definite bonus. – less
Good teams and Good people
Associate Project Manager (Current Employee), Playa Vista, CAMay 12, 2013
Pros: on site gym
Cons: more marketing than hands on, compensation
Working at EA for the last several years has been a rewarding experience for both my personal and professional development. The managers on team legitimately work towards helping develop your career and expand your skillset.

Work-wise. A typical day includes daily standup meetings with local teams to review itemized tasks, accomplishments, and needs; – more... Reporting project status to senior and executive leadership on a weekly basis; Managing cross-functional teams in world wide studios

Cutlure-wise. Conversing with co-workers on industry trends and games; Geeking out over gadgets; organizing after-work gatherings – less
It’s always fun working in EA with any project. Learn lots of new things.
MS SQL Server Developer/DBA (Current Employee), Austin, TXMay 8, 2013
EA is great company to working with. I got changing and innovative work environment in EA as developer. Learn lots of new technology and working with all kind of people.
A company that wants to win
DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR (Current Employee), Los AngelesMay 6, 2013
Pros: free games
EA is a fast paced company with people that really want to excel in the video game business. It's a great environment when things are going well.
Great culture and people, job security and executives only focused on short-term goals
Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAApril 29, 2013
Long, but rewarding work days
Touched all areas of business from Royalties to Marketing & Sales
People are the best part of EA, everyone is smart and vibrant
Fun Working place
Assiciate Software Engineer (Current Employee), HyderabadApril 29, 2013
Learned a lot of technical skills.
Working and developing games is interesting.
EA EA EA
Sr. Manager, Web Analytics and Optimization (Current Employee), Bay Area Ca.March 28, 2013
Pros: great culture
Cons: workload
EA is a very cool place to work. You work hard and play hard.It is full of great people.
Too many Indian Chiefs, Not Enough Indians
Designer – Mobile Marketing (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 25, 2013
Pros: nice campus
Cons: too many email senders and fast-walkers
EA is a game publishing company, not a game company. They don't make games anymore. During my year there, I was only taking key art and rearranging it for different promos. Would not consider working there again. Hard to tell what the vision is, what's going on, infinite email senders but only a few designers who do actual work. Typical corporation – more... vibe and feel. – less
Awesome place to work with great people and a fun atmosphere
Facilities Coordinator (Current Employee), Austin, TXMarch 16, 2013
Pros: free breakfast, excellent facilities, great management, awesome parties
Cons: large contingent contractor workforce with a 1-year maximum contract.
Working at Electronic Arts has been a highlight of my career. The people are fantastic, fun and highly intelligent. The company itself is worthy of respect for the sheer entertainment value it has brought to the world.

My role at Electronic Arts as Facilities Coordinator was basically to move the needle in finding ways to improve working conditions – more... to the point of making EA Austin the best place to work anywhere.

We have rooms with pool tables, 80" TVs, video game consoles, nerf guns and ping pong tables. We set out fruit in the morning and have popcorn socials, monthly birthday parties, internal art exhibits and radically awesome holiday parties.

The hardest part of working at EA is being a contractor with an end date. Knowing that your time at EA is limited and that you'll be leaving behind some of the best coworkers you've ever had can be extremely depressing as your end-date approaches.

Everyone at EA works hard and plays hard and management cares about the day to day enjoyment of the workforce. – less
Very enjoyable place to work
QA Tester (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAMarch 6, 2013
Pros: hour lunch
Cons: minimum wage
You're duty as a QA is to find any bugs within the software you're testng and then write a report to send to the developers.

The people you work with are nice, and it's not too stressful.
love working at EA!
Concept Artist (Former Employee), Redwood City, CAMarch 2, 2013
shuttle bus from downtown San Francisco(fantastic!), good benefit, good people there.
Love EA
QA Test Lead (Former Employee), Redwood Shores, CAFebruary 27, 2013
Pros: free gym.
Cons: compenstation
Loved the campus and working there in general. Onsite free gym was amazing. Co-workers were also great to work with.

About Electronic Arts

At EA, we thrive on outrageous thinking. It’s the fuel that inspires the best games in the world. We’re a community – Read more