Electronic Arts

Electronic Arts Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
My EA Experiecne-
Customer Support Rep- Chat (Current Employee), Austin, TexasAugust 23, 2013
Pros: awesome office enviroment, high quality quipment and work software provided.
Cons: being moved from different work queus can affect your abililty to be hired on full time.
It was always nice to wake and want to go to work, I loved my job. I learned so much much about PC technical support and customer relations and support. The management was okay but there was always something we were not being told or there was always some form of miscommunication that would greatly affect workflow for many other agents including myself. – more... I loved all of my co workers, they were all extremely supportive, hard working, attention to detail, game loving individuals. I could not have asked for a better team in my entire professional career. Also, the most enjoyable part would of course have to be all the free games, that is always a plus for any real gamer. – less
Hard to advance
QA Lead (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAAugust 22, 2013
Pros: can be a lot of fun
Cons: low pay
Sadly, even with incredibly hard work, it is extremely hard to advance,
Qa tester for EA
QA Tech / PC Hardware Expert (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 13, 2013
Pros: good atmosphere
Cons: was contract only
Worked on Crysis, Medal of honor: Airborne, Mercanaries 2, Boom Blox, C&C 3 and expansion. Tested these games for many of hours, and led a specialized small team for PC hardware testing configurations.
Great workplace
Quality Assurance (Former Employee), Maitland, FLAugust 5, 2013
Pros: great break room for lunch
Cons: long hours
A typical day at work involved nine hours of intensive quality assurance work related assignments.
Making video games - a dream job?
Product Director (Former Employee), LondonJuly 26, 2013
EA is a storied company with an incredible heritage. It's a privilege to work among folks who created The Sims, Madden and California Games. On the other hand EA is a massive corporation that attempts to productize game development to death. It's a creative process and that needs to be respected.

EA's biggest challenge is adapting to a world where – more... games are digital services. The company DNA is built around shipping physical disks and this will be very hard to change. There are lots of big projects getting a lot of internal attention and creating a lot of hot air. But, so far, these haven't product great successes. The company's digital wins have been the result of studios with the right approach and sufficient independence to make great games. – less
I disliked this job greatly
Technical Support (Former Employee), Orono, MEJuly 17, 2013
Pros: the couches in the lobby during break
Cons: stress, and short breaks
I felt the time there was slow. I learn how to take care of my computer when its having issues. Hardest part was the time on the phones. The company doesn't care if the issue is solved or not, as long as the job was done with in 14 minutes. They care for the custromer, as long as they don't lose money over it. You have o be really cold hearted at times.
Fun Place a way out to analyze and establish your career
QA - Tester (Current Employee), Hyderabad, APJuly 17, 2013
Pros: gaming, mobile application development, casual work atmosphere
Cons: salary and career development
Casual work atmosphere, Got to learn about all the major mobile platforms and mobile game development to be precise.Management is still emerging from loopholes and bias which was predominant in past years,Hardest part in EA is that you are never satisfied with what you get paid at the end of the day. Most enjoyable : Gaming, Mobiles, Casual work atmosphere
EA was good to me
QA Project Manager (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAJuly 5, 2013
Pros: some job security
Cons: constant change
I worked for EA at 3 different locations during my 10 years with the company. I worked with some very passionate and talented individuals.

I learned a lot about Project Management and even earned my certification from LSU.
Great place to work at first...
Senior Tester (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 1, 2013
It was a great place to work at... at first. After a couple years the studio took itself too seriously and became super corporate. Lots all of the enjoyment of working there.
Productive and Fun, Fast-paced work environment, Fun co-workers
Origin Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee), Redwood City, CAJune 24, 2013
Pros: good cafeteria, beautiful campus, nice location
Cons: lots of contractors at ea
I have had a great experience so far at Electronic Arts. I was offered a contract position after my internship in June 2012 where I was put on a transitional program where I spent 3 months in Store Operations, 3 months in the Merchandising department and 3+ months in Marketing for Origin - EA's digital platform service.

I was constantly learning new – more... things and had to quickly adapt to new roles due to my ever changing role.

The co-workers I worked with were great. They were patient and took time to teach me the necessary skills I needed in order to complete the different jobs/tasks in each role which in the end made each transition relatively easy! – less
Nice place to work
Project Manager for live-site (Current Employee), San Jose, CaliforninaJune 22, 2013
Nice place to work
overall live-site bug monitoring
track and drive all open bugs to close.
Productive workplace with a range of tasks
Executive Customer Relations Agent (Current Employee), Ballybrit,GalwayJune 20, 2013
Pros: great people
Cons: shift work can be quite exhausting
Productive workplace with a range of tasks

I deal with a range of issues, VIP clients and I work closely with management, also work on a self managed team who work mainly on their own initiative and to tight time frames and deadlines.
Productive and fun work place
Senior Sony Compliance Analyst (Former Employee), Redwood City, CAJune 20, 2013
Very good place to work with a strong game culture behind it.
Innovative Entertainment Game Company
Senior Producer (Current Employee), Emeryville, CAJune 14, 2013
Pros: career development - learning opportunities
Cons: depending on the team, roles can be very restrictive
Easily applied software development and project management experience in this industry. Learned business development and general management as I brought to market a digital business for The Sims 3 franchise.
Fun and fast paced enviroment. Best work experienced!
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee), Redwood CityMay 17, 2013
Pros: the ea campus, great co-workers. occassionally free breakfast/lunch.
Cons: contract only.
1. A typical day at work starts off with checking my email. Responding to file requests or any support needed by the A/R department. Sorting and distributing the mail 2-3 times a day. Filing away the A/R Invoices. Mailing out invoices.
2. What I've learned at the A/R department was my role on the team and what it accomplishes for the company.
3. The – more... management was great. They would tell us time and time again that they managed our work and not our time. They were very rewarding and generous.
4. My co-workers were awesome! They looked out for me when they thought they needed to by telling me what was top priority. They also helped me stand out and let the management know how much they needed me so that my contract could be extended. We were a well managed team.
5. The hardest part of the job was rare. I would be providing analyst support(data entry) and the computer would freeze. I would call the I.T. dept and they would forward me to the software provider support team. They would walk me through what needed to be done in order to perform better.
6. I never dreaded coming to work. The most enjoyable part of the job would be anything that involved "filing". Such as boxing them at the end of the year and shipping them out. Anything that involved working with my hands. – less
Great company, exec leadership inconsistent
Sr. Project Manager (Former Employee), Austin, TXMay 15, 2013
Working at a gaming company is great and being part of gaming production is a great work experience. At WW Customer Experience, the senior leadership is lacking in communication and overall strategy to its staff. Decisions are made that affect the direction of staff and fiscal goals and make work challenging as employees are constantly reprioritizing – more... deliverables without clear sight of how jobs are benefiting leadership direction. Ability to get free games is a definite bonus. – less
Good teams and Good people
Associate Project Manager (Current Employee), Playa Vista, CAMay 12, 2013
Pros: on site gym
Cons: more marketing than hands on, compensation
Working at EA for the last several years has been a rewarding experience for both my personal and professional development. The managers on team legitimately work towards helping develop your career and expand your skillset.

Work-wise. A typical day includes daily standup meetings with local teams to review itemized tasks, accomplishments, and needs; – more... Reporting project status to senior and executive leadership on a weekly basis; Managing cross-functional teams in world wide studios

Cutlure-wise. Conversing with co-workers on industry trends and games; Geeking out over gadgets; organizing after-work gatherings – less
It’s always fun working in EA with any project. Learn lots of new things.
MS SQL Server Developer/DBA (Current Employee), Austin, TXMay 8, 2013
EA is great company to working with. I got changing and innovative work environment in EA as developer. Learn lots of new technology and working with all kind of people.
A company that wants to win
DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR (Current Employee), Los AngelesMay 6, 2013
Pros: free games
EA is a fast paced company with people that really want to excel in the video game business. It's a great environment when things are going well.
Great culture and people, job security and executives only focused on short-term goals
Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAApril 29, 2013
Long, but rewarding work days
Touched all areas of business from Royalties to Marketing & Sales
People are the best part of EA, everyone is smart and vibrant

About Electronic Arts

To armchair quarterbacks and couch-potato commandos, Electronic Arts (EA) is their Picasso. EA is a top-three global video game – Read more

Electronic Arts Photos