Electronic Arts

Electronic Arts Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun working place with lots of work and deliverables
Applications Architect (Current Employee), Redwood Shores, CANovember 11, 2013
Typical working day at this company would be very challenging if you engage yourself well. Always enough opportunities to learn and teach new skills. Very professional workforce.
Great culture and young company
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee), Redwood City, CAOctober 23, 2013
Pros: great people
Cons: very instense at times and commute was far
I loved working at Electronic Arts and wished that I was not part of reduction in force. Preformed and HR work.
Fun Place to work!
Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Austin, TXOctober 20, 2013
Pros: fun enviorment, management that cares, fun employees and events
Cons: contract positions are not long term
EA is a fun place to work of course there is stressful times but for the most part employees like to have fun and work hard. The management team really cares about their people and try hard to make sure that people are enjoying work.
Great learning place to work.
Assistant Development Manager (Former Employee), Hyderabad, APSeptember 30, 2013
Nice working environment and lot of developmental activities are being carried out by the company which is really very nice.
Fun and enjoyable place to work. You will actually love your job! :)
Quality Analyst (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 23, 2013
Pros: free lunches for ot, free uta monthly pass or downtown parking pass, great environment, great team environment. ping pong table in the break room, free coffee.
Cons: expensive health care, if on contract, not too many opportunities to advance until second contract or up
What a great, fun place to work! Work on games with a great team. EA understands personal life is more important than work and this creates happy employees that want to work hard. no problems with 5-10 minutes late on occasion. Learned a lot about development of video games and QA. CONTRACT positions is a bummer, but that is the nature of the game industry. – more... I took a pay cut to work at EA and it was the best Job I have ever had. Ping pong table in the break room, free coffee. – less
Director (Former Employee), Redwood City, CASeptember 10, 2013
Nothing to add........................
.............
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
DO NOT include any personally identifiable information, such as names.
Little Security But Bright Future
Sr. Director Worldwide Communications, EA Maxis (Current Employee), Redwood City, CASeptember 10, 2013
Pros: strong desire among employees to succeed, resources, creative talent
Cons: job security, decision-making leadership, follow-the-leader mentality (zynga 2011, atvi 2005-present)
I love EA but they still continue an expansion/contraction staffing model that punishes their developers, results in significant knowledge loss and inconsistent results.
Well paying workplace
Customer Service agent (Former Employee), Austin, TXAugust 26, 2013
Pros: good hours, great pay
Cons: temporary contract, and very lacking in the management department.
Electronic Arts is a fantastic company to work for, if you are a full time employee. The temp contracts that they use are generally full of false hope. I had a great time working for this company, and met some awesome people, that will likely develop into life long friendships. As mentioned above the worst part about working for them is the fact that – more... you are on a contract for a year, and even though they give illusions of grandeur, it is mostly false hope. At the end, none of the hard work that I put out mattered.

As far as the management, I feel that most of the people who did not meet the metrics to get hired could have probably been able to meet those metrics, had the management team provided the one on one improvement training so that we knew what we could have done better to get offered a full time position. – less
My EA Experiecne-
Customer Support Rep- Chat (Current Employee), Austin, TexasAugust 23, 2013
Pros: awesome office enviroment, high quality quipment and work software provided.
Cons: being moved from different work queus can affect your abililty to be hired on full time.
It was always nice to wake and want to go to work, I loved my job. I learned so much much about PC technical support and customer relations and support. The management was okay but there was always something we were not being told or there was always some form of miscommunication that would greatly affect workflow for many other agents including myself. – more... I loved all of my co workers, they were all extremely supportive, hard working, attention to detail, game loving individuals. I could not have asked for a better team in my entire professional career. Also, the most enjoyable part would of course have to be all the free games, that is always a plus for any real gamer. – less
Hard to advance
QA Lead (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAAugust 22, 2013
Pros: can be a lot of fun
Cons: low pay
Sadly, even with incredibly hard work, it is extremely hard to advance,
Qa tester for EA
QA Tech / PC Hardware Expert (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 13, 2013
Pros: good atmosphere
Cons: was contract only
Worked on Crysis, Medal of honor: Airborne, Mercanaries 2, Boom Blox, C&C 3 and expansion. Tested these games for many of hours, and led a specialized small team for PC hardware testing configurations.
Great workplace
Quality Assurance (Former Employee), Maitland, FLAugust 5, 2013
Pros: great break room for lunch
Cons: long hours
A typical day at work involved nine hours of intensive quality assurance work related assignments.
Making video games - a dream job?
Product Director (Former Employee), LondonJuly 26, 2013
EA is a storied company with an incredible heritage. It's a privilege to work among folks who created The Sims, Madden and California Games. On the other hand EA is a massive corporation that attempts to productize game development to death. It's a creative process and that needs to be respected.

EA's biggest challenge is adapting to a world where – more... games are digital services. The company DNA is built around shipping physical disks and this will be very hard to change. There are lots of big projects getting a lot of internal attention and creating a lot of hot air. But, so far, these haven't product great successes. The company's digital wins have been the result of studios with the right approach and sufficient independence to make great games. – less
I disliked this job greatly
Technical Support (Former Employee), Orono, MEJuly 17, 2013
Pros: the couches in the lobby during break
Cons: stress, and short breaks
I felt the time there was slow. I learn how to take care of my computer when its having issues. Hardest part was the time on the phones. The company doesn't care if the issue is solved or not, as long as the job was done with in 14 minutes. They care for the custromer, as long as they don't lose money over it. You have o be really cold hearted at times.
Fun Place a way out to analyze and establish your career
QA - Tester (Current Employee), Hyderabad, APJuly 17, 2013
Pros: gaming, mobile application development, casual work atmosphere
Cons: salary and career development
Casual work atmosphere, Got to learn about all the major mobile platforms and mobile game development to be precise.Management is still emerging from loopholes and bias which was predominant in past years,Hardest part in EA is that you are never satisfied with what you get paid at the end of the day. Most enjoyable : Gaming, Mobiles, Casual work atmosphere
EA was good to me
QA Project Manager (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAJuly 5, 2013
Pros: some job security
Cons: constant change
I worked for EA at 3 different locations during my 10 years with the company. I worked with some very passionate and talented individuals.

I learned a lot about Project Management and even earned my certification from LSU.
Great place to work at first...
Senior Tester (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 1, 2013
It was a great place to work at... at first. After a couple years the studio took itself too seriously and became super corporate. Lots all of the enjoyment of working there.
Productive and Fun, Fast-paced work environment, Fun co-workers
Origin Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee), Redwood City, CAJune 24, 2013
Pros: good cafeteria, beautiful campus, nice location
Cons: lots of contractors at ea
I have had a great experience so far at Electronic Arts. I was offered a contract position after my internship in June 2012 where I was put on a transitional program where I spent 3 months in Store Operations, 3 months in the Merchandising department and 3+ months in Marketing for Origin - EA's digital platform service.

I was constantly learning new – more... things and had to quickly adapt to new roles due to my ever changing role.

The co-workers I worked with were great. They were patient and took time to teach me the necessary skills I needed in order to complete the different jobs/tasks in each role which in the end made each transition relatively easy! – less
Nice place to work
Project Manager for live-site (Current Employee), San Jose, CaliforninaJune 22, 2013
Nice place to work
overall live-site bug monitoring
track and drive all open bugs to close.
Productive workplace with a range of tasks
Executive Customer Relations Agent (Current Employee), Ballybrit,GalwayJune 20, 2013
Pros: great people
Cons: shift work can be quite exhausting
Productive workplace with a range of tasks

I deal with a range of issues, VIP clients and I work closely with management, also work on a self managed team who work mainly on their own initiative and to tight time frames and deadlines.

About Electronic Arts

To armchair quarterbacks and couch-potato commandos, Electronic Arts (EA) is their Picasso. EA is a top-three global video game – Read more

Electronic Arts Photos