Electronic Arts Employee Reviews

Great company to work for and grow at
Vendor Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC3 April 2013
A great company to work for. They provide flexibility as long as the work gets done. The appreciate work hard and play hard.

There are lots of facilities on site such as: gym, soccer field, beach volleyball, yoga studio, library, Starbucks, cafeteria, etc.
Pros
work schedule flexibility. on site facilities such as: gym, soccer field, beach volleyball, yoga studio, library, starbucks, cafeteria, etc.
Cons
n/a
Good overall experience
Tester in the QA department (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC23 December 2015
Working in the mobile department has helped me understand mobile devices more deeply. It was a great part time job. It was a bit hard a t first since testing was always done on a different device, but you get used to it.
Pros
flexible schedules
Cons
Limited tools
Great campus, lots of cool events. Company structure is overly complicated, individuals are often marginalised.
Member of the creative team (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC29 November 2013
While it was fun to work at EAC on good days, bad days consisted of mass layoffs, rushed designs and inadequate staffing.
Pros
Good atmosphere, great games, large teams, exciting subject matter
Cons
Layoffs, poor advancement model
Fun work place
International Tester (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC22 September 2014
Great company to work for.
Sometimes long hours but they make it fund and you dont even feel it.!
Pros
Free lunch or dinner
Cons
Sometimes long hours
Enjoyable work with a good crew of people.
Quality Assurance Tester (Former Employee) –  3 Pl Ville Marie21 February 2014
I'd start my day receiving a device (cell phone, tablet etc.) with a specific application to test. Once the app has been played through, we were required to complete checklists making sure they were fit to be released to the public. The atmosphere was nice and quiet, and my coworkers were also very helpful. We worked at our own paces, and we were able to do some internet browsing in between tasks and on our breaks. Sadly the department closed down due to a lot bad decision making made by EA.
Pros
Lots a breaks, easy work, quiet environment.
Cons
Pay was mediocre
User Experience Designer (Current Employee) –  Montreal, QC24 October 2012
I find EA to be a great place to work.

The environment is very relaxing and you are working on fund projects!
Pros
working remotely, pay, the people
Cons
advancing in your career
Sometimes productive
Development Tester (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC26 October 2012
Most of the times there could be little to do in terms of task. People are generally pretty nice and time is flexible. I learned to what it is to work with different departments at once (programmers, testers, certification). The hardest part of the job is probably to get everyone together on the same page as some tasks require a lot of different people and devices.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
not challenging enough
Great Work Life Balance
QA Manager (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC7 March 2015
In all my years of being with EA, I'm still with EA because it really understands the importance of its team members. We treat each other with respect and the attitude is always professional and we foster working as a team.

The people at EA make coming to work a pleasure!
Coin toss
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC14 May 2014
You could very well join EA and have an experience that is completely positive. The company is so large that individual experience will vary wildly. In my case, the job was not a good fit, and I found several team members' conducts to be completely unprofessional, aggressive and rude.
had fun
Playtest Member (Former Employee) –  burnaby18 June 2014
i was a playtest member at EA games which basically was a volunteer job.

upon completing a survey i was called upon to test an unreleased videogame they provided us with snacks and drinks
Pros
free lunch
Development tester (Quality Assurance)
Quality Assurance (Development-Tester) (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC24 August 2015
A typical day at Electronic Arts consisted of my supervisors giving me the software and electronics needed to preform my test cases and then i was to report the results directly to them before entering the information into our international database so other development testers in labs around the world were able to learn what the information entered.

my management were very nice when it came to work and giving me the space i needed to properly do my work without distractions so that i was able to be efficient with my tasks.

the most difficult part of the job at times was getting used to a new type of software or device i had never encountered before.

my favorite part of my job was the team i was working with, it didnt feel as if i was at work it felt like i was working with a group of friends not with a group of co-workers.
Pros
great work environment
Cons
sometimes the work load was unfairly balanced.
Great work place
Associate Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC2 July 2015
Excellent work environment. Engineers work hard to solve difficult problems while maintaining the quality of the products. Work hours are flexible. Most teams operate with an agile mindset and iterative lifecycle.
Pros
Great team, great people
Cons
Gaming industry can be taxing