Electronic Arts Employee Reviews

Great company to work for and grow at
Vendor Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC3 April 2013
A great company to work for. They provide flexibility as long as the work gets done. The appreciate work hard and play hard.

There are lots of facilities on site such as: gym, soccer field, beach volleyball, yoga studio, library, Starbucks, cafeteria, etc.
Pros
work schedule flexibility. on site facilities such as: gym, soccer field, beach volleyball, yoga studio, library, starbucks, cafeteria, etc.
Cons
n/a
Productive and inspirational work place
QA for Artworks (Former Employee) –  Canada, Burnaby19 February 2013
Work really had a balance between work hard and play fun. The Culture of EA really shines, as they reward their employees for hard work through fun times. The entire studio is basking with inspiration, surrounded by the video games and art of which cause us to be who we are. Really nothing but good things to say about this environment. However, the job security and salary distribution is very selective.
Pros
fun environment, great people
Cons
selective security and salary distrubution
Productive and fun workplace
Quality Assurance Tester (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC30 January 2013
Job Duties:
- In charge of the EA applications functionality testing
- Use of multiple checklists covering internal certification and third party certification
- Formed for iOS and Android platforms
- Use of JIRA and Devtrack as tools for Bug management

Work Environment:
- Very relaxing and productive environment
- Employee's work is valued
- Nice team and people to work with
Pros
highly collaborative and enjoyable team environment
Cons
part-time job
Sometimes productive
Development Tester (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC26 October 2012
Most of the times there could be little to do in terms of task. People are generally pretty nice and time is flexible. I learned to what it is to work with different departments at once (programmers, testers, certification). The hardest part of the job is probably to get everyone together on the same page as some tasks require a lot of different people and devices.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
not challenging enough
User Experience Designer (Current Employee) –  Montreal, QC24 October 2012
I find EA to be a great place to work.

The environment is very relaxing and you are working on fund projects!
Pros
working remotely, pay, the people
Cons
advancing in your career
Great place to start a career.
GOS QA (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC1 September 2012
Friendly team and management, large building suited for all types of lifestyles, and great perks and benefits. I've learned a lot from EA, things that schools just can't teach you. My co-workers are helpful and nice, management listens to you and care for your personal life as well. Although, there are hard times. I have to do over-time quite frequently and many times, there are extremely tight deadlines. But work does provide many things that definitely make up for that. Such as: discount movie passes, a gym and etc.
Pros
discount movie passes, a full gym and outdoor soccer field, high end technology
Cons
overtime, extremely tight deadlines
Development tester (Quality Assurance)
Quality Assurance (Development-Tester) (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC24 August 2015
A typical day at Electronic Arts consisted of my supervisors giving me the software and electronics needed to preform my test cases and then i was to report the results directly to them before entering the information into our international database so other development testers in labs around the world were able to learn what the information entered.

my management were very nice when it came to work and giving me the space i needed to properly do my work without distractions so that i was able to be efficient with my tasks.

the most difficult part of the job at times was getting used to a new type of software or device i had never encountered before.

my favorite part of my job was the team i was working with, it didnt feel as if i was at work it felt like i was working with a group of friends not with a group of co-workers.
Pros
great work environment
Cons
sometimes the work load was unfairly balanced.
Great work place
Associate Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC2 July 2015
Excellent work environment. Engineers work hard to solve difficult problems while maintaining the quality of the products. Work hours are flexible. Most teams operate with an agile mindset and iterative lifecycle.
Pros
Great team, great people
Cons
Gaming industry can be taxing