Electronic Arts

Electronic Arts Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun work place
International Tester (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: free lunch or dinner
Cons: sometimes long hours
Great company to work for.
Sometimes long hours but they make it fund and you dont even feel it.!
had fun
Playtest Member (Former Employee), burnabyJune 18, 2014
Pros: free lunch
i was a playtest member at EA games which basically was a volunteer job.

upon completing a survey i was called upon to test an unreleased videogame they provided us with snacks and drinks
Coin toss
Software Engineer (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCMay 14, 2014
You could very well join EA and have an experience that is completely positive. The company is so large that individual experience will vary wildly. In my case, the job was not a good fit, and I found several team members' conducts to be completely unprofessional, aggressive and rude.
EA Summary
Talent Coordinator (Current Employee), Burnaby, BCMarch 25, 2014
The environment at EA is great - very fast paced and demanding, but extremely rewarding.
I've learned a great deal about time management, recruiting, balancing priorities and overall HR.
The team dynamic is wonderful - coming into work knowing that I will have a long list of demanding things to take care of, but have an incredibly supportive team backing – more... me up is wonderful!
We work hard, and we play hard. – less
Enjoyable work with a good crew of people.
Quality Assurance Tester (Former Employee), 3 Pl Ville MarieFebruary 21, 2014
Pros: lots a breaks, easy work, quiet environment.
Cons: pay was mediocre
I'd start my day receiving a device (cell phone, tablet etc.) with a specific application to test. Once the app has been played through, we were required to complete checklists making sure they were fit to be released to the public. The atmosphere was nice and quiet, and my coworkers were also very helpful. We worked at our own paces, and we were able – more... to do some internet browsing in between tasks and on our breaks. Sadly the department closed down due to a lot bad decision making made by EA. – less
Productive, Expectations of hard work yet FUN!
Development Director - FIFA Franchise (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCJanuary 12, 2014
Pros: campus amenities, great people/team collaboration
Cons: very little room for "process improvement", structure already set in place, can be political at times.
Great place to work, amazing amenities (gym, pilates/yoga classes, cafeteria, arcades on-campus). Some of my best mentors are from EA, they have great managers and leaders there. Every year the franchised product needs to get out the door, so there is no room for "time wasting" which taught be a lot about failing fast and recovering quickly. Making – more... mistakes was encouraged as long as they were learned from. Amazing coworkers and team camaraderie and team building activities to ensure people were "gelling" throughout the project lifecycle. Work/life balanced has improved incredibly at EA, they're not given enough credit for this. – less
Wrong people in wrong positions
Producer \ Designer EA Sports (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCDecember 23, 2013
Pros: they have pinball machines in the lunch room
Cons: see review.
My workday was mostly herding cats. Trying to get a dozen people with a dozen different agendas to get in the same room at the same time to get them to agree on something so I could move the project forward. Impossible.

The wrong people are in management. When I worked there, the president of the company was, literally, a former ice cream salesman. – more... Zero background in the game industry.

And like him, one of my managers was a former lawyer. No background in gaming, No design experience. Do development experience. No knowledge of North American sports. Barely knew how to use a web browser. Every project he'd ever been put in charge of at EA was an unmitigated disaster. Yet he was a senior product for for 3 years. Now he's one of EA's Vice Presidents!!

Innovative ideas scare them. Don't go to any manager with an idea that might be risky. – less
Great campus, lots of cool events. Company structure is overly complicated, individuals are often marginalised.
Member of the creative team (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCNovember 29, 2013
Pros: good atmosphere, great games, large teams, exciting subject matter
Cons: layoffs, poor advancement model
While it was fun to work at EAC on good days, bad days consisted of mass layoffs, rushed designs and inadequate staffing.
Fun and vibrant workplace
Assistant Producer (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCSeptember 21, 2013
Pros: free gym, sports
Cons: long hours, uncertainly, lots ot turnaround
Great perks, awesome location, great people.

I've learned a lot in my position and from everyone around me, management is friendly and mostly transparent. Everyone you work with is vibrant and competent.

There are the occasional long hours and frustrating experiences, and the contracts position are pretty much majority nowadays.

But overall a great – more... place to be. – less
Productive and inspirational work place
QA for Artworks (Former Employee), Canada, BurnabyFebruary 19, 2013
Pros: fun environment, great people
Cons: selective security and salary distrubution
Work really had a balance between work hard and play fun. The Culture of EA really shines, as they reward their employees for hard work through fun times. The entire studio is basking with inspiration, surrounded by the video games and art of which cause us to be who we are. Really nothing but good things to say about this environment. However, the – more... job security and salary distribution is very selective. – less
User Experience Designer (Current Employee), Montreal, QCOctober 24, 2012
Pros: working remotely, pay, the people
Cons: advancing in your career
I find EA to be a great place to work.

The environment is very relaxing and you are working on fund projects!

About Electronic Arts

At EA, we thrive on outrageous thinking. It’s the fuel that inspires the best games in the world. We’re a community – Read more