What I do on a typical day at work/have learned:
1) Evaluates and tests new or modified software programs and software development procedures used to verify that programs function according to user requirements and conform to establishment guidelines: Writes, revises, and verifies quality standards and test procedures for program design and product evaluation to attain quality of software economically and efficiently.
2) Reviews new or modified program, including documentation, diagram, and flow chart, to determine if program will perform according to user request and conform to guidelines.
3) Recommends program improvements or corrections to programmers.
4) Reviews computer operating log to identify program processing errors.
5) Enters instructions into computer to test program for validity of results, accuracy, reliability, and conformance to establishment standards.
6) Observes computer monitor screen during program test to detect error codes or interruption of program and corrects errors.
7) Identifies differences between establishment standards and user applications and suggests modifications to conform to standards.
8) Sets up tests at request of user to locate and correct program operating error following installation of program.
9) Conducts compatibility tests with vendor-provided programs.
10) Monitors program performance after implementation to prevent reoccurrence of program operating problems and ensure efficiency of operation.
11) Writes documentation to describe program evaluation, testing, and correction.
12) May evaluate proposed software or software – more... enhancement for feasibility.
13) May develop utility program to test, track, and verify defects in software program.
14) May write programs to create new procedures or modify existing procedures.
15) May train software program users.
Management is really relax but knows what it takes to get the job done in the end.
My Co-Workers are very friendly people to work with and have a great knowledge in the field.
Hardest Part of My Job:
Trying to find new things to learn daily.
Most Enjoyable Part of My Job:
I think the most enjoyable part of my job is being able to work with the people I do in this industry and have the same passion as I do. – less